The Chinese SJK Induction Heater and The VapCap

rouxdy

I've disconnected the fan... If something about this thing goes south and the fuse doesn't blow, that piss ant little fan isn't going to stop a major malfunction. Mine doesn't get hot nor really even warm so it's not an issue for me.

I have it on an e-plug, so I can turn it on and off via my phone or voice control via Alexa. I generally just leave it on.

My Vapcap almost always clicks between the fourth and fifth cycle.

Ricardo

What's a cycle? i know mine clicks in six to eight seconds using my IH. . . do you mean seconds?
No. I think different users use different terminology. By cycle I mean the 5 clicks (tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock) before the IH cuts out and flashes red.

jasko

I've disconnected the fan... If something about this thing goes south and the fuse doesn't blow, that piss ant little fan isn't going to stop a major malfunction. Mine doesn't get hot nor really even warm so it's not an issue for me.

I have it on an e-plug, so I can turn it on and off via my phone or voice control via Alexa. I generally just leave it on.

Interesting. How long have you had it disconnected for and do you use it often? I use mine often now but I would logically think and be worried that it’d overheat or something. Also, is it just plugged in on the motherboard or soldered? Considering disconnecting mine.

Thanks.

jasko,
Reactions: rouxdy

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@Hackerman would call himself a heavy user and most would agree if he cannot melt it without the fan going...no one else will:tup:
I can confirm the fan is just plugged into the circuit board (I just got around to disconnecting it myself), no cutting required.:myday:

Edit; my new unit has a different sounding click as it turns on and off while heating, really fast on/off compared to the tick-took..that's tech talk for yas.:haw:

Interesting. How long have you had it disconnected for and do you use it often? I use mine often now but I would logically think and be worried that it’d overheat or something. Also, is it just plugged in on the motherboard or soldered? Considering disconnecting mine.

Thanks.

I rotate between vapes so even though the heater gets used about every day, am not pounding on it. However, when I first did it, I was using it back to back and it never overheated.

I'm not even sure what the fan is supposed to be cooling. I don't see any reason for it to be there other than some kind of 'approval' rating stamp.

Try it. If you find the unit gets too hot for your comfort, simply plug it back in.

rouxdy

Thanks.

I disconnected mine before first use. I'm not making claims that it's safe, only that it's my preferred method since it's quiet and the unit doesn't heat up. I think the fuse is for any malfunctions...

Nilsson

I disconnected mine before first use. I'm not making claims that it's safe, only that it's my preferred method since it's quiet and the unit doesn't heat up. I think the fuse is for any malfunctions...

But the heater still makes clicking sounds when heating? How can anybody prefer that over an induction heater as the psm from @Pipes , that is completely silent, mobile, energy efficient and fits the vapcap perfectly? Please dont get me wrong, i hope the sjk heater will work for me, because it is so cheap, and i hope for good arguments to buy one. But when i have to hear a clicking sound, i probably would save the money for a silent ih.

Nilsson,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

rouxdy

But the heater still makes clicking sounds when heating? How can anybody prefer that over an induction heater as the psm from @Pipes , that is completely silent, mobile, energy efficient and fits the vapcap perfectly? Please dont get me wrong, i hope the sjk heater will work for me, because it is so cheap, and i hope for good arguments to buy one. But when i have to hear a clicking sound, i probably would save the money for a silent ih.

You do realize the vapcap clicks, right? ;)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
How can anybody prefer that over an induction heater as the psm from @Pipes
The SJK IH click sounds very different to the VapCap click, you also do not have to push a mechanical switch like a PSM, auto-detection is a great feature of the SJK...along with the price.:tup:
I also like heating more than 1 tip at a time. sometimes 3 at a time just for fun, try that with any other IH.:evil:

Hendex_420

gentlemen. I received the SJK IH 1 day ago, ordered by aliexpress since 12 days ago. I have not been able to test it in excess until tonight, however it seems that the heater itself has an erratic setting, I read the thread and saw hackerman commenting that it could be readjusted manually activating it and testing, however it seems that it still does not detect the vapcap, I do not have idea of how to put it to continue heating, if I put it on the outer end it detects and warms it, but when insert it more literally it disconnects and it is how if there was nothing metallic inside, does anyone know "a solution" for that? I tried to introduce superficially another metal object with the vapcap in the inside. it heats up well but when I remove the other object it goes off in the same way, a bit stressful, I hope it really is a bad adjustment of the sensor.

Just FYI, the unit does cycle off and on when you insert anything metal. It does it 4 or 5 times and then it shuts down for safety reasons until you pull the VapCap out and re-insert it.

Is this what yours is doing? Of so, it is operating properly.

If it is actually NOT going on at all when you insert the VapCap, or if it does not cycle properly as I outlined above, then yes, it needs adjusted. It's very easy to do. I posted how a few pages back but if you need help, feel free to post here and I'll help you through it.

Hendex_420

yes, right, at first it warmed up for 5 cycles, but it was only 1 time, the following ones have be bad in general, it is strange, only half the tip heats good,but one difference of1 or 2 millimeters more and itgoes off without more, in the video you get to click at the end ... but it really is as if it could not detect well the vapcap, but neither the tip nor and other objects, in fact some metallic objects (thin scissors,tweezers and pieces of iron) directly does not react.it very difficult for the moment, I can do a session like that but, frankly it is not profitable to spend 9 minutes to finish a bowl knowing that it can be done in 5 with a single flame, it is frankly weird ... https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x73mcpu (sorry for the Link ahahahaha)

Last edited:
Hendex_420,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Remove the 4 screws on the bottom of the unit and separate the halves. Be careful because there are wires connecting the top and bottom halves. Look at the pictures on the first page of this thread to see what to expect when you take it apart.

Now, locate the potentiometer. It is the light blue, rectangular shaped component with the small screw on the top. It is located near the center of the board next to the orange relay. Next to the poorly soldered chip that was obviously an afterthought. If you can't find it, let me know. From looking at the pictures, it's the only thing on the board with an adjustment screw.

Now, plug in the heater (be careful) and stick the VapCap in the opening. Next, turn the screw about 1/2 turn either direction to see if the heater clicks on. From there on, adjustment should be pretty clear.

Let me know if you run into problems and I'll provide more details.

Hendex_420

work done satisfactorily. I tried to open the lid and carry out the process a couple of hours after its publication, however my mother-in-law did not even have a toolbox and I saw a complex start to extract the screws with a knife, definitely, the potentiometer needed calibration adjustments, 5 turns was enough. I have taked only 3 sessions with this, but I will say that it is difficult not to love it, thanks for the tests and to share the knowledge hackerman, it is necessary to say when a job is well done.

7oli5

I have not been following this thread for months. Just here to warn others my SJKs auto off switch broke so it was overheating smelled like burned plastic Im pretty certain if I let it for another minute or 2 the whole thing would catch fire. It happened within the first minute of turning it on so its not like It was overworked or something. Use that device with caution and never let on standby unattended. Better get on the waiting list for a real IH...

The relay went bad. There are posts here on how to replace it if you desire.

The Flux heater is doing the same thing.

I find it extremely odd that these heaters don't use circuit design that prevents a fail to the 'on' position. Either way, it is important to keep an eye on these heaters and turn them OFF when not in use.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Can’t believe I didn’t know about this yet! I just ordered one and a DDave mod for it. This will keep me covered until Dynavap releases their official heater.

Top Bottom