• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

RedZep

This work? I downloaded from IG and put on Imgur

That worked. Thanks. All parts cleaned and assembled. Just heating for the first load now.

Very nice. It's the Mighty experience. Bigger tastier clouds. Other than that it's pretty much the exact same experience.

Best tasting session vape I've tried by a mile. Only TM/2 tastes better in my experience.

Airflow is more restricted though. Might actually be a problem for my TMJD. But I will only know in a week or so. But that's true of any vape I try and says nothing about the product.

Once you know how, cleaning doesn't seem that tricky actually.

Last edited:

RedZep

I like the magnetic lid. I like how it comes with a case/brush/spares/tweezers. Simple interface. Top flavour.

It feels like a beater. Not in a bad way. Just considering the price point, ruggedness and ease of use, I think it's the device you buy as a beater. Take it everywhere. Chuck it in your back pack/pocket whatever. I think everyone needs a vape like that, and this is the best one I've come across for that role.

Battery life seems great. Device seems to toggle heat on/off when it's up to temp. I'm guessing the heat retention from the balls allows it to conserve energy or something.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
I like the magnetic lid. I like how it comes with a case/brush/spares/tweezers. Simple interface. Top flavour.

It feels like a beater. Not in a bad way. Just considering the price point, ruggedness and ease of use, I think it's the device you buy as a beater. Take it everywhere. Chuck it in your back pack/pocket whatever. I think everyone needs a vape like that, and this is the best one I've come across for that role.

Battery life seems great. Device seems to toggle heat on/off when it's up to temp. I'm guessing the heat retention from the balls allows it to conserve energy or something.
It does conserve energy well, and that residual heat will get you quite a few hits after it powers off, too.

Last edited:

Medivapequeen

Well I'm impressed with the Angus after having it 2 days. For me it's a mighty beater and has all the features I was missing from the mighty including the 10c boost which seems to work at 220c.

It's easy to load and use, no real technique is needed just like the mighty but the flavour is on another level. With the Angus the terps are almost overwhelming and I'm finding myself temp stepping to enjoy it rather than diving in at 210 like I would on the mighty. I feel that flavour hit is really satisfying. AVB is always consistent This is the Angus at 210c

AVB seems consistent with dosing caps and using the bowl. I'm really impressed with the Angus and I think it's my new portable. No real issues and battery life has been much better than I expected.

We may have a mighty beater here methinks

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
does anyone else's still have a plastic taste even after cleaning and a bowl? mine sure does. but so did my mighty if i remember right. not too worried. other than that the taste is delicious! My avb was the same. finally, a mighty beater. hopefully it proves as reliable as well

RedZep

does anyone else's still have a plastic taste even after cleaning and a bowl? mine sure does. but so did my mighty if i remember right. not too worried. other than that the taste is delicious! My avb was the same as well except the layer that was against the screen, likely because the screen would act as a heatsink
No taste for me. I washed all parts in soapy warm water. And I ran it through two 220c cycles to burn off.

sickmanfraud

Well I'm impressed with the Angus after having it 2 days. For me it's a mighty beater and has all the features I was missing from the mighty including the 10c boost which seems to work at 220c.

It's easy to load and use, no real technique is needed just like the mighty but the flavour is on another level. With the Angus the terps are almost overwhelming and I'm finding myself temp stepping to enjoy it rather than diving in at 210 like I would on the mighty. I feel that flavour hit is really satisfying. AVB is always consistent This is the Angus at 210c

AVB seems consistent with dosing caps and using the bowl. I'm really impressed with the Angus and I think it's my new portable. No real issues and battery life has been much better than I expected.

We may have a mighty beater here methinks

That AVB was from one hit at 210? Have you tried boost?

sickmanfraud,

Sue Narmy

I’m so used to using my Davinci IQ2 which has the chamber opposite end to where the battery is.
I managed to burn myself on the dosing capsule as I forgot the chamber is in the middle of the 2 battery compartment.
So when I needed to change the batteries half way through a session, I unscrewed the battery compartment and turned the vaporizer upside down to remove the batteries and the dosing capsule fell in my hand at the same time.

Let’s just say the air turned blue with my language 🤬😩😂

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

does anyone else's still have a plastic taste even after cleaning and a bowl? mine sure does. but so did my mighty if i remember right. not too worried. other than that the taste is delicious! My avb was the same. finally, a mighty beater. hopefully it proves as reliable as well
My first unit had some of that (I promised myself I was never gonna use this word but here goes) "robot fart" smell. Took a few heat cycles to get rid of it. If you can get some air through it it will go faster (like place the air intake over a small low powered fan or something, I don't like to blow in the device myself). The plastic itself is pretty much tasteless to me, and I consider myself quite sensitive to that. But just the feel of the glass mp might also have to do with it, making me less susceptible for the smell? But yeah try some burn offs is what I'd do.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I only just realized how inconvenient it would be if you needed to swap batteries mid bowl! Would have been nice if the batteries were on one side together I suppose, oh well
It's not that bad, you can just hold your finger or something over the bowl. I have forgotten that once though lol, but luckily the herb didn't fall out.

chimpybits

So, @YLLVAPE OFFICAL are the units currently at retailers the production or the pre-production units?

I’m in communication with soothingvapours.com trying to work this out. According to a post from YLL, if tweezers are included, then it’s a production unit. Soothingvapours sent an image to show the tweezers. So, production?
Tweezers-1.jpg

Last edited:

Grover

Retailer
I don't have any idea how long this will take my team to complete so it's a little difficult to commit...That said I feel very fortunate to be in the position we are in and serve the community. I asked how much bulbs would cost me and the answer is free (thanks @YLLVAPE OFFICAL) So the answer to the community is free for parts. I pay my team at least $20/hour, plus there are shipping fees and transactions fees associated with collecting money. It costs about $9 to ship each way (we'd provide a label for convenience) so figure under $50. Once I understand how much time is involved I will be able to confirm. I'm not trying to make any money off service. I just want to cover our cost.
We're doing something similar at Soothing Vapours for the Canadians. We are looking to provide a service for bulb changes and refurbishments of your Angus...cleaning, bulb replacment, ball changeout, etc. There are 4 delicate soldering points that must be considered in a rebuild so that is one reason that it is best left in the hands of someone has has done a few of these...we will have a tech dediicated to this function well before the service in needed.

So, are the units currently at retailers the production or the pre-production units? I’m in communication with soothingvapours.com trying to work this out. According to a post from YLL (https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-angus-halogen-vape-by-yll-vape.52546/page-8#post-1678059) if tweezers are included, then it’s a production unit. Soothingvapours sent an image to show the tweezers. Now, I’ll try to upload that image…
Sorry I didn't see your previous post. These are all production units now: us, VGoodiez, the UK and EU distributers all have the latest and greatest Angus herds. Moo!

Last edited:

Unklmark68

RedZep

the Angus owner's reviews-anything critical no one has made a neg comment about the machine yet?
Retail sales are production models
I can think of some, but it's nitpicky.

Batteries sort of have to be pushed down a little onto the spring, and the cover.is a little fiddly lining up the threads.

MP would be better if it was flattened, just for the mouthfeel.

After a bowl there can be some AVB on the screen that you have to brush/blow off.

MP can't be raised without touching top end. You can remedy this easily though by inserting something down the side. Any sort of flat tool.

Airflow is more restricted than Mighty. This is a purely subjective criticism as I have jaw issues. I think most people will be very happy with the restriction level.

I think that's it. Just nitpicky little things. It's a tremendous vape at the price point. I would argue that the wood is unnecessary, as I think most people are going to want to treat this thing as a beater, as opposed to a Tinymight where it's handled delicately, and waxed etc. Unless the wood has functional properties, I would rather see them cut costs/price further by going all plastic.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
We're doing something similar at Soothing Vapours for the Canadians. We are looking to provide a service for bulb changes and refurbishments of your Angus...cleaning, bulb replacment, ball changeout, etc. There are 4 delicate soldering points that must be considered in a rebuild so that is one reason that it is best left in the hands of someone has has done a few of these...we will have a tech dediicated to this function well before the service in needed.

these solders are isolated from the airpath... right?

on a side note, i just did a very long temp step bowl and a max temp bowl native back to back and the batteries are warm. no warmer than the tinymight though. potentially even slightly less. i'll have to do a side by side

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I can think of some, but it's nitpicky.

Batteries sort of have to be pushed down a little onto the spring, and the cover is a little fiddly lining up the threads.

MP would be better if it was flattened, just for the mouthfeel.

After a bowl there can be some AVB on the screen that you have to brush/blow off.

MP can't be raised without touching top end. You can remedy this easily though by inserting something down the side. Any sort of flat tool.

Airflow is more restricted than Mighty. This is a purely subjective criticism as I have jaw issues. I think most people will be very happy with the restriction level.

I think that's it. Just nitpicky little things. It's a tremendous vape at the price point. I would argue that the wood is unnecessary, as I think most people are going to want to treat this thing as a beater, as opposed to a Tinymight where it's handled delicately, and waxed etc. Unless the wood has functional properties, I would rather see them cut costs/price further by going all plastic.
it's a great insulator and is durable. properly finished wood like this would only require waxing for aesthetic purposes. so it isn't needed super duper often.

Update: batteries are nearly room temp after sitting out for 5 min. so if you're that worried, don't chainsmoke with this. you shouldn't need to anyway, that second bowl was cbd for me and i'm super chillin right now

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

My ANGUS just arrived ,Y @ a h o o o !
No instructions and battery placement?
Instructions weren't in the case? I can upload it for ya if you need. Battery placement is shown on the bottom of the insert.
So, are the units currently at retailers the production or the pre-production units?

I’m in communication with soothingvapours.com trying to work this out. According to a post from YLL, if tweezers are included, then it’s a production unit. Soothingvapours sent an image to show the tweezers. So, production?
Tweezers-1.jpg
That's the tweezers that come with the retail batches, yes.

Top Bottom