The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

Tranquility

As if things couldn't get more bizarre.

Yesterday, we had Trump asking for Hillary to be drug tested and now, we have this:

S60GPhn.png

To be fair, my wife died over a decade ago. I still get a mail-in ballot for her. After getting the first one so long ago, I went to a friend who was the second highest election officer in my (fairly large) city and she didn't know how to handle it so she called her friend at the county--the group in charge of the roles. What could I do?

Nothing.

Not a thing. I cannot stop my dead wife from being on the rolls. Only the voter can remove themselves. And, removal by a process described by law. If the state party of the incumbent secretary of state is helped by diligence or by dawdling on the purging of the rolls, what's our guess on how they will act?

https://www.justice.gov/crt/national-voter-registration-act-1993-nvra

31. What is “removal at the request of the registrant” under Section 8?
A "removal at the request of the registrant" under the NVRA involves first-hand information from a registrant that can originate in at least three ways: 1) an unsolicited direct request from the registrant to remove his or her name from the voting registration list, 2) a registrant completing and returning a confirmation card indicating an address change outside the jurisdiction, or 3) a registrant submitting a new application registering to vote a second time in a new jurisdiction, and providing information regarding the registrant’s prior voter registration address on the new application, which the State can treat as a request to cancel or transfer his or her prior registration. A registrant advising of a new address within the same jurisdiction, or registering to vote a second time at a new address within the same jurisdiction, should trigger an updating of the original registration, rather than its cancellation.

32. Are there any required procedures in the NVRA concerning removal of a person’s name from the voter registration rolls for mental incapacity, criminal conviction or death?
The NVRA does not require any particular process for removing persons who have been disqualified from voting pursuant to State law based upon a criminal conviction or an adjudication of mental incapacity. Moreover, while the NVRA requires States to make reasonable efforts to remove persons who have died, it does not require any particular process for doing so. States can follow whatever State law process exists for doing this. Section 303(a) of HAVA adds an additional requirement for NVRA covered States to coordinate the statewide voter registration database with State records on felony status and death. HAVA provides that list maintenance on the statewide database shall be done on a regular basis in accordance with the requirements of the NVRA.

Oh, and yeah, the constitution. She has read it and knows what it demands.
Yea, but she IS forgetful.

She's signed that she received briefings to receive classified information yet told the FBI she did not recall. Are you sure she recalls what the Constitution demands? It seems a lot of people who have spent their lives in Washington begin to have only the fuzziest recollection.

Last edited:
Tranquility,

jay87

Yea, but she IS forgetful.

She's signed that she received briefings to receive classified information yet told the FBI she did not recall. Are you sure she recalls what the Constitution demands? It seems a lot of people who have spent their lives in Washington begin to have only the fuzziest recollection.

Which candidate do you think has a better understanding of the U.S. Constitution?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
She could be exactly as described in the worst of the anti Hillary posts and I would still vote for her 20 times before considering the lying cheating sleazy piece of shit named Donald Trump. Maybe 100 times.

Donald Trump is exactly the opposite of what America needs. While Hillary is FAR from perfect, she is SOOOOOO much better than Trump there is literally no way to compare them to one another.

You can, however, compare Trump easily to dictators, fascists and white supremacists back in history, or stinking up the modern world. Birchers, KKK members, White Aryan Resistance members, and all the worst of our society swear by Donald Trump. He is their hero.

That should give ya a clue...

Tranquility

hey thanks for posting this video. I think it was under appreciated by the hillary tifosi. :whoa: This was the first time that ive really sat down and watched Jill Stein speak. Its a shame that there aren't more genuinely wholesome people in politics. I don't blame them though. :leaf:
I thank you as well.

I'm not going to vote for her for many basic theory reasons, but I wish her voice could have been herd over the rumbling of the 'lection-berries. Those who support her are free to vote how they wish, of course. But, if you are serious, start planning for the next election now. With the internet, there are SO many avenues to get out the Word (whatever that is), MANY voices can be heard by all. Let's make the NEXT election a real choice on how to integrate our values as a society and not just [Insert your own pejorative meme for this election. Maybe we can have a contest after the results.].

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
there is innumerable reasons why he simply is deficient in areas that are required of a person to be considered for president.
Trump as a person is content to carry out actions based on his own factually incorrect and often downright offensive beliefs.

Why are millions of people unable to see this and still vehemently support this man?
I don't know; I just wanted to add that for many of us he isn't even fit to be called "human".
Much less our next president :disgust:

Is this why drumpf ran, just to grab the (clueless) gop's nomination then make killary look good?
If so, it seems to be working out pretty well :argh:

Which candidate do you think has a better understanding of the U.S. Constitution?
It probably depends on if you mean gaming it, or enforcing it :uhh:

:myday:

Tranquility

I think she spent many hours in serious study both in theory and in general application on Constitutional issues back when she was young and then spent the rest of her life directly involved with that area of the law for any of a number of reasons.

I think he walked in front of building that held a copy at least once.

Msek

hey thanks for posting this video. I think it was under appreciated by the hillary tifosi. :whoa: This was the first time that ive really sat down and watched Jill Stein speak. Its a shame that there aren't more genuinely wholesome people in politics. I don't blame them though. :leaf:

We all have filters that need to be overridden when seeking Truth/Reality.

I find it a tad astonishing that none of the Lame Stream Media, considered this young ladies view of the Donald tape.
; >)

At 59 and a billionaire the Donald obviously had never encountered any manipulative people, or reflected on how to politely deal with them.

jay87

We all have filters that need to be overridden when seeking Truth/Reality.

I find it a tad astonishing that none of the Lame Stream Media, considered this young ladies view of the Donald tape.
; >)

At 59 and a billionaire the Donald obviously had never encountered any manipulative people, or reflected on how to politely deal with them.

This is exactly the kind of thing I don't understand.

"Donald proved that he doesn't sexually assault women because he said he failed to "move on her like a bitch"

"Donald proved that he isn't misogynistic because he said STARS can just walk up and "grab them by the pussy" he didn't say that HE walked up and grabbed women right by the pussy" (Even though there's many women coming out saying he did just that...)

That lady is delusional. And she even called me delusional in her video because I think it definitely showed Donald's misogynistic character.

She said Donald behaved professionally after getting off the bus, his behavior afterwards disgusted me the most. He treated that woman like meat, like a toy.

And then in typical Trump fashion the end of that video deflects to talk about Hillary's emails.

The support for Trump is textbook: Ignore reality, Deny facts, Insult Hillary, Make America "great" again. :bang:

Trypsy Summers

From what I see you have bias built into what you are saying simply by calling Hillary "Killary" & Trump by his real name.

How does disengaging help your/the worlds situation?

@Ya Freekin Right, I read your remark and I was just gonna ignore it, cos I ain't climbing down into a crab bucket, but just to clear up your misassumption re Killary! The reason that I, call her that name, is after her infamous "We came, We Conquered, He Died!" quip she made re Ghaddafi, the Libyan guy -that they fucked up! So calling her that name is not a baseless bias, its based on a fact, for your information, when Trump acts in the same manner, I'll have a name for him. But all said and done, that's just nonsense, cos I ain't really that interested in them, - any of them, which leads to your question;

Not participating or as you term it, 'disengaging' helps me fine, my conscience is clear, I am not part of the hypocrisy, I don't participate in something then complain about it after, as they say, "ya can't be a bit pregnant!" How it helps the worlds situation is that by seeking to be the change -that you want to be, you can inspire others to aspire to that higher vibration!
Just so that we're clear, as long as you ain't hurting anybody, do whatever you want!
If it's healthy, then do it, if it ain't, then as long as what you're doing hurts no one else, then do it.
As I said earlier, when you're awake, you realise that you don't need no one to represent you. Participating in a system that is as notorious for its corruption, as it is for the dispensing of injustice, is indeed the epitome of insanity! To even think that you gonna effect a change for the better, is kinda like a good apple being dropped in a 'filthy' barrel of rotten apples, as we all know, the good apple doesn't cleanse the barrel (of rotten apples) it goes rotten like the rest of them! Cos the Barrel is like the system and the other apples are the others (elected representatives, etc) who by virtue of just being enclosed in the barrel become spoiled, indeed the only way to change would be to is clean the barrel/system (destroy the system) and that ain't happening any time soon, especially by using the same old, same old!

So no! I ain't participating in non-sense, but hey, lets be ultra clear about one thing, I ain't preaching, teaching or converting anyone, everyone has a right to decide their own destiny is what I'm about! I guess at the end of the day choosing not to is better than choosing to - engage/participate in a fraudulent exercise.

Not saying:2c: Just saying:\ Without saying:2c:

Pure peace :leaf:

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
@Ya Freekin Right, I read your remark and I was just gonna ignore it, cos I ain't climbing down into a crab bucket, but just to clear up your misassumption re Killary! The reason that I, call her that name, is after her infamous "We came, We Conquered, He Died!" quip she made re Ghaddafi, the Libyan guy -that they fucked up! So calling her that name is not a baseless bias, its based on a fact, for your information, when Trump acts in the same manner, I'll have a name for him. But all said and done, that's just nonsense, cos I ain't really that interested in them, - any of them, which leads to your question;

Not participating or as you term it, 'disengaging' helps me fine, my conscience is clear, I am not part of the hypocrisy, I don't participate in something then complain about it after, as they say, "ya can't be a bit pregnant!" How it helps the worlds situation is that by seeking to be the change -that you want to be, you can inspire others to aspire to that higher vibration!
Just so that we're clear, as long as you ain't hurting anybody, do whatever you want!
If it's healthy, then do it, if it ain't, then as long as what you're doing hurts no one else, then do it.
As I said earlier, when you're awake, you realise that you don't need no one to represent you. Participating in a system that is as notorious for its corruption, as it is for the dispensing of injustice, is indeed the epitome of insanity! To even think that you gonna effect a change for the better, is kinda like a good apple being dropped in a 'filthy' barrel of rotten apples, as we all know, the good apple doesn't cleanse the barrel (of rotten apples) it goes rotten like the rest of them! Cos the Barrel is like the system and the other apples are the others (elected representatives, etc) who by virtue of just being enclosed in the barrel become spoiled, indeed the only way to change would be to is clean the barrel/system (destroy the system) and that ain't happening any time soon, especially by using the same old, same old!

So no! I ain't participating in non-sense, but hey, lets be ultra clear about one thing, I ain't preaching, teaching or converting anyone, everyone has a right to decide their own destiny is what I'm about! I guess at the end of the day choosing not to is better than choosing to - engage/participate in a fraudulent exercise.

Not saying:2c: Just saying:\ Without saying:2c:

Pure peace :leaf:
Very well said for someone "Not saying:2c: Just saying:\ Without saying:2c:".:nod:

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
her infamous "We came, We Conquered, He Died!"

1/ It is "we came, we SAW, he died" and I do not see where you get Killary out of that.
I do not see any problem with her quip.
2/ Your post does sound a lot like complaining.
3/ Your are participating. Just because you do not vote does not mean you are not part of the world and an active participant in it.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
1/ It is "we came, we SAW, he died" and I do not see where you get Killary out of that.
I do not see any problem with her quip.
2/ Your post does sound a lot like complaining.
3/ Your are participating. Just because you do not vote does not mean you are not part of the world and an active participant in it.
1) Whatever:rolleyes:... what one sees another may not, and it needn't be justified to anyone.
2) Doesn't sound like complaining at all, but rather, articulating what most folks don't intellectually understand well-enough to articulate for themselves what's roiling in their gut, or have the guts to admit to themselves or their peers... after all, how could such cruel insanity be so?
3) Never said s/he wasn't participating in life in his/her own way, just not in the political bullshit by voting. If everyone refused to fight in a war, there would be no civilian-soldier fatalities as a result of that war - let the political leaders shed each others blood.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Can anyone who supports Trump explain to me why?

Reading the posts above there is innumerable reasons why he simply is deficient in areas that are required of a person to be considered for president.

My biggest issue with Trump is intellectual. Donald represents a movement of anti-intellectualism in which it's OK for the president of the United States not to try to learn anything about government. He said it would "take too long" to learn about how the U.S. government works.

He believes climate change is a hoax by the Chinese, even if you don't accept climate change, this is still an absolutely ridiculous claim.

My personal objective analysis of Donald Trump is that when it comes to literally any issue that is relevant to the president of the United States, Donald has absolutely no idea what he's talking about, and he's OK with that.

Trump as a person is content to carry out actions based on his own factually incorrect and often downright offensive beliefs.

Why are millions of people unable to see this and still vehemently support this man? I just don't get it and it makes me embarrassed as an american.
I have to say we have dumb down AMERICA to have a GOOFBALL running for office?

Let us be "CIVILIZED"!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
When We Go High, They Go Lower
by D.R. Tucker
October 16, 2016 3:30 PM

There are millions of Americans who will never hear Michelle Obama’s words.

As eloquent, as passionate and as accurate as the First Lady was Thursday in New Hampshire, we must face the reality that a large portion of this country–a portion mentally contaminated by the lies of Limbaugh, the filth of Fox and the trash of Trump–didn’t even bother listening to what she had to say. For almost a decade, these Americans have been told by their preferred media entities that the First Lady is nothing more than an uppity black woman who got into college due to quotas, a woman doesn’t even deserve to be called a lady, much less First Lady.

Think about how sick that is.

Remember when Janeane Garofalo declared that women who support the Republican Party suffer from a form of Stockholm Syndrome? When one thinks of the right-wing women who still plan to vote for Trump after all that has been exposed about him, how can one construe Garofalo’s remarks as anything other than a fact?

There are millions of right-wing women who experienced sexual harassment in the workplace…who were catcalled and objectified for their looks…who were groped and forcibly kissed…who were discriminated against on the job…who will still enthusiastically back Trump. They look at a pervert–the same sort of pervert who put them through hell in the workplace–and see a leader.

There’s nothing one can say to them. It is Stockholm Syndrome. They won’t snap out of it…but what about the rest of us?

What will it say to our daughters if Trump is politically rewarded for his behavior on November 8 (something that is still not beyond the realm of possibility, no matter how profoundly eccentric the Trump campaign has become)? What message will they take from such a result?

The day before Michelle Obama’s speech, I had a discussion with a friend who thinks that a Trump victory will constitute, on some level, a political form of domestic violence, that the men who are backing Trump want to symbolically treat Clinton the way abusers treat their wives and girlfriends. If that theory is true, what does that say about our country? How much progress have we made, really?

I’m not surprised in the least that so many Americans feel election anxiety. Even if Trump loses, it says something vulgar about America in 2016 that this would-be despot made it as far as he did.

Remember what Rebecca Traister noted Friday night on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher: even if Trump loses, a kinder, gentler version of Trump could come along in four years, embracing the same nonsense policies, but speaking about those policies in a way that makes too many Americans feel warm and fuzzy. Trumpism could be alive and well in the 2020s, finding a home in a more politically attractive host body.

Speaking of the 2020s, it certainly would be nice to see Michelle Obama run for President in the next decade…but consider this: solely because she is a black woman, Fox and the alt-right would go after her even more aggressively than they went after either Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton–and a significant portion of the country would agree with every slur and sick slogan made against her. That is the dark legacy of Trumpism. That is the virus that sickens the body of our democracy.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Donald Trump thinks SNL is rigging the election and should be canceled - Oct. 16, 2016 - CNN Money
CNN.com › money › 2016/10/16 › media
16 hours ago - Donald Trump thinks that even "Saturday Night Live" is part of a vast media conspiracy to bring down his presidential candidacy.

Where's Trump's sense of humor? He's losing that's why. They portrayed the idiot perfectly. Thank you Mr. Alec Baldwin.

The media gave Trump too much coverage. The voters can decide just by what they see and hear. SLN and Baldwin have the Trump character down to a T. Everyone is laughing and making fun of the poor man. I'm not shedding any tears.

Last edited:

Trypsy Summers

Wow!! I really didn't expect this, a barrage of outpourings from a bunch people up (or is that down) in their feelings. Well before I respond, I would like to point out, that it's a certain kind of consciousness that is able to entertain a notion, "without accepting" an idea!

But anyway where to start;
@steama; Re George Carlin, I've seen this comedian a couple of times on the internet whilst surfing. I would not say I'm a fan per se - in the way of hanging on to his every word, - far from it! However, some of the things that he does say is the truth, so I can see why the allure of his philosophy, as you put it, might appeal to you (& others)! In the event, I really & wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment; indeed the chaining of oneself to an 'entertaining but flawed philosophy' would be extremely foolish. But for the avoidance of doubt, my flex ain't based upon that! So you can rest assured that is not the case in this instance.

Like you, I too am not a member of any organisation or social/political perspective (I like that) But unlike you I don't believe that because there is no viable alternative (in sight) that I must participate in something that is patently wrong, corrupt and reprehensible, but hey, that's just me! As I said previously, "Every one has right to decide their own destiny," I just don't think the likes of the current establishment (worldwide) can, or should be able, to do that for me! But hey! If that's what you want, then fair enough! Cos I ain't here trying to dissuade you, or anyone else for that matter, from doing what they're programmed to do!

However, I will end by saying this, I read you last paragraph, and to me, you just ain't making no sense, cos it seems to me that you advocate a distinct preference for living on your knees, whilst accepting the current situation as an ongoing thing! If that is the case, then your outro makes perfect sense, cos how can there be pure peace, with that kind of mentality/outlook?

@Silat In answer to your points, which I'll address chronologically;
1) In answer to your question, and as I've previously stated, I got the term Killary from her comment when she said "... we saw, he died!" I noted that you seem to conveniently gloss over the fact that since "he died", the terrorist affiliates like ISIS & AL-QAEDEA etc, have all taken a very strong hold down there and ever since, they have been exporting a shit-load of terrorism outchea, (terrorism) that incidentally wasn't affecting us, prior to "him dying!" You might not have a problem with her quip, cos maybe that bombing shit ain't affecting you, but just so that you're aware, there are millions of people, around the world, who are feeling the effects of her quip!
2) I said somethings about the system, cos I don't accept it! I ain't warring, I ain't brutalizing anyone, nor am I calling for violence against anyone! So if by not agreeing with the system, or if by saying a few words as to why I am not in agreement with it, is deemed to be complaining, then I guess you've got a point!
3) I said previously, that I'm a prisoner in a prison/slave planet! Of course I'm a participant, but I don't engage in the shit (processes) that gives validity to the scum that dictate the society that they've got going on! It's called choice....!!

@Snappo,
Yeah, you got that right sir, cos I ain't saying that, I'm saying this, without saying whatever!
In other words, that sting that's got some of them up into a frenzy, is what's known as the truth!
Yeah its as offensive as fuck, I'll give them that!! Cos it really is! But what they gotta keep remembering is, that it ain't no sin!

Kinda reminds me of what someone once said re the truth, "ya gotta be kinda careful with the truth, and whom you tell it to, cos rest assured, they ain't gonna thank you for it"! Truth is; you tell people the truth, they just want to kill you - and that is (the irony of) the truth!

But hey, as they say, the truth can set you free, if your conscience allows it!

As I said to them (who are getting upset), Do what you have to do, as long as you ain't hurting no one, then its all good!!

:leaf: Pure Peace - an illusion to be pursued by the many, but only to be attained by the few

Not saying:) Just saying;) Without saying:2c:

Last edited:
Top Bottom