The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The republicans have been trying to play it safe saying things like I'm voting for Trump but I don't support him. With Trump's shuffle of his head presidential campaign person switched out with Steve Bannon being the lead person. Not sure what Paul Manafort's job will be?

The Republican Party needs to jump ship before it too late. They will end up with Trumps vomit all over them. Steve Bannon wanted to be a king maker. I don't think he will be successful. Trump is seeking deeper with this move.

Edit
He he - I think I get your drift @lwien

Republicans and democrats have a viable third party choice at this point. I like Gary Johnson's VP William Weld better then him. If republicans don't like Trump they can vote the third party candidate. They would be smart to think on those lines, Trump is a nightmare.
Steve Bannon knows perfectly well that Trump will never be President. He has been looking for a bigger louder platform from which to spew his bullshit all over everything and he finally found it. Donald Trump will be his personal megaphone and he won't even mind when some of the shit spills into his mouth. It won't be that different then the cud he already chews.

The Republicans already have a "real republican" running as an Independent, Evan McMullin. Unknown as he may be, I expect him to be on many ballots. They don't have to vote for Johnson if they would rather not.

Trump still needs Manafort to manage his relationship with Putin and the oligarchs. He can easily do that from a lesser post in the campaign.

BD9

Well, this is depressing.

According to a Monmouth University poll trump leads Clinton by 11 points in Indiana.

trump leads Clinton in Indiana

West Long Branch, NJ - Donald Trump holds an 11 point lead over Hillary Clinton in Indiana, the home state of GOP vice presidential nominee Mike Pence. Enough voters, though, may be planning to split their ticket to send Evan Bayh back to the Senate after a six year absence. The Monmouth University Poll also finds the race to succeed Pence in the State House is neck and neck.

Among Indiana voters likely to cast ballots in November's presidential election, 47% currently support Trump and 36% back Clinton. Another 10% intend to vote for Libertarian Gary Johnson, with 5% who are undecided. About the same number of Republicans back Trump (84%) as Democrats who back Clinton (87%). Independents are divided at 38% for Trump and 34% for Clinton, with 18% supporting Johnson.

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Just a little reminder (seems we need reminders) to those that forget that the GOP and the Libertarian Party (Johnson) are virtually the same with minor differences that lead to the same bad dream.
Which Is A Bigger Scam - The Libertarian or Republican Party?
LiEbertarians of course. Just remember that the Kochs are libertarians who control the conservative message machine and 34 states.

Libertarian Party (shockingly similar to the Koch GOP. Go figure) platform:
http://www.lp.org/platform

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The Republican Party needs to jump ship before it too late. They will end up with Trumps vomit all over them.
It is waaaay too late for that. Its already happened, the vomit part, imho.
According to a Monmouth University poll trump leads Clinton by 11 points in Indiana.
Polls are problematic for me as it is too early and a lot of their methodologies and samples are questionable. Plenty of time for things to change. People have short memories.

Silat

It is waaaay too late for that. Its already happened, the vomit part, imho.

Polls are problematic for me as it is too early and a lot of their methodologies and samples are questionable. Plenty of time for things to change. People have short memories.

Indiana is no surprise. They vote stupidly K0CHservative Bircher Bigot.

grokit

well-worn member
“If Clinton plans to effectively tackle climate change, the last thing her team needs is an industry insider like Ken Salazar. Salazar’s track record illustrates time and again that he is on the side of big industry, and not of the people.”

:shit:
There’s Something Iffy About Hillary’s Pick to Set Up her White House
Politicians – can you ever trust them on anything?

Ken-Salazar-cowboy-hat-e1471485811502.jpg

Meet Ken Salazar: The newest appointment for Clinton’s administration and a man with a long history of support things Clinton has promised to fight against.

Clinton was forced during the campaign season to speak out against both the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement (TPP) and fracking after her her rival, Bernie Sanders, spoke vehemently against both.

Already under fire for not publicly calling for President Obama to denounce the TPP and for not getting the Democratic party to come out against fracking, Clinton then chose Tim Kaine, a politician that voted to authorize fast-track powers for the TPP and has been support of the agreement, as her running mate.

Now Clinton has made another move that may have many scratching their heads and questioning her promises. Clinton has named former Colorado Democratic Senator and Interior Secretary Ken Salazer to be the chair of her presidential transition team. The team is responsible for helping set up her new administration should she win in November, including selecting and vetting candidates for over 4,000 presidential appointments.

Why is this significant? Salazar has a long history of being in bed with the oil, gas, ranching and mining industries. He also opened the Arctic Ocean for oil drilling, oversaw the terrible response to the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, is a huge supporter of the TPP, and has fought against restrictions on fracking.

Clinton’s newest appointment has also appeared at oil and gas industry conferences to argue in favor of fracking. Salazar stated: “We know that, from everything we’ve seen, there’s not a single case where hydraulic fracking has created an environmental problem for anyone. We need to make sure that story is told.” This was stated even after the EPA acknowledged the fracking can cause problems, such as contaminating drinking water.

Environmentalists are especially worried. Greenpeace USA Democracy Campaign Director Molly Dorozenski said in a public statement: “If Clinton plans to effectively tackle climate change, the last thing her team needs is an industry insider like Ken Salazar. Salazar’s track record illustrates time and again that he is on the side of big industry, and not of the people.”

This really puts a damper on the many promises Clinton has made as a part of her campaign so far.

http://www.nationofchange.org/2016/08/17/theres-something-iffy-hillarys-pick-set-white-house/

:myday:

BD9

I wish Bernie would say, "Fuck this!", and run as an independent.
My dislike percentage for Hillary is 99%. My dislike percentage for trump is 100%. I'm getting so sick of these 'hold your nose and vote for the lessor shit storm' type elections.
In my state we have a few very serious congressional elections that won't keep me from the poles, but I'm seriously leaning toward not voting for a president.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
@grokit - the question is who is the giant douche and who is the turd sandwich . . . :D

Just watched Trump's speech in N. Carolina. It appears the Seconal (secobarbital) has worn off, however, he has not reverted back to his previous antics. Tonight's speech was on message, delivered with appropriate energy, and targeted a wide array of populist themes, with more detail, in what appeared to be a well disciplined, poll tested affair. I think this might be a mop being applied to the vomit. There still may not be enough time to undo the damage he has done but if he continues on this vein, and does well in the debates, the landscape may shift. How much? Only time will tell.

In Hillary's world the gift that keeps on giving continues. Now the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is pushing for an indictment for perjury. Because of Hillary's recorded testimony, given under oath, and what we now know from the FBI and other sources, it appears that she did indeed lie under oath on several occasions. Now, perjury has a very, very high legal bar and it is tough to get a conviction which is why we haven't had one in a long time. However just an indictment could be very damaging.

For those that like source material here is the latest letter the committee sent to the DOJ, it outlines the lies in excruciating detail:

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-cont...to-Phillips-USAO-DC-Perjury-Investigation.pdf

And the video they made . . .

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

I'm hoping Obama uses his presidential powers to legalize or a least take cannabis off the list of the most dangerous drugs linking it with drugs like heroin and meth. Lately it looks like he's wimped out in that, I'm still a little optimistic one of the last things he does before leaving office. Kinda like "America this one is for you".

Didn't he say he was going to federally decriminalize it in 2008?

hinglemccringleberry,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I watch this guy Boris on CNN. He is so irritating I had to look him up. He butts in and doesn't let anybody finish a sentence. This is some info about him.

Donald Trump advisor Boris Epshteyn also has disconcerting financial ties to Russia
By Daily News Bin | August 17, 2016 | 1

boris-trum-2-150x150.jpg

FacebookTwitterGoogle
Donald Trump campaign Senior Advisor Boris Epshteyn is best known as the television surrogate who appears on networks like CNN and MSNBC and embarrasses himself in hilariously inept fashion, often unwilling or unable to answer a simple question, and at times having to be lectured about how normal human conversations work. Boris has become the unwitting comic relief of an increasingly unfunny 2016 election. But as it turns out, his ties to Russia may be anything but a joke within a Trump campaign which increasingly appears to be defined by its ties to Russia.

Set aside the fact that Boris Epshteyn is an immigrant from Russia, a fact which in and of itself it not suspicious, and merely serves to make Trump’s anti-immigrant stance look ironic as he’s promoted an immigrant like Epshteyn up his campaign ladder. Instead the concern with Boris is that despite his goofy television segments, he’s actually a successful investment banker with – you saw this coming – apparent financial ties to Russia and possible personal ties to some of its government officials.

Not too long before joining the Trump campaign, Boris was a panel moderator at a conference called “Invest in Moscow” which largely consisted of officials from Russia. This kind of guilt by association doesn’t demonstrate anything in and of itself, even though it is enlightening at a time when Trump’s campaign Chair (and recently fired campaign manager) Paul Manafort has been accused by the New York Times of having taken millions of dollars in illegal secret cash payments from the Kremlin. But the optics get worse for Boris.

The “Invest in Moscow” conference created such a mess that New York City had to revoke its sponsorship of the event. Around that same time, Boris appeared in a video in which he offered the Russian government tips on how it could win over more American money.

This all comes after Donald Trump Jr’s original comments, which were largely overlooked at the time, that his father Donald Trump had seen a massive spike in money pouring into his business from Russian investors since the general timeframe when he had entered the race for President. So even as Russia has been pouring money into Trump’s pockets and Manafort’s pockets, their Senior Advisor Boris Epshteyn has been trying to put American money into Russian pockets. The Trump campaign’s bizarre two-way financial connections to Russia continue to grow odder and deeper.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Trump tried really hard during his speech earlier today. You know he wanted to go off but he collected himself. He was asking black folks, "what do you have to lose.?" I would assume a lot. The wrong president can be a major clusterfuck.

I watched Trumps attorney make an ass of himself yesterday regarding polls. This is good. Somebody is in denial.:dog:

Trump adviser on Trump losing: 'Says who?' | TheHill
The Hill › ballot-box › presidential-races
1 day ago - "Polls. Most of them. All of them," responded CNN anchor Brianna Keilar.

Last edited:

lwien

I watched Trumps attorney make an ass of himself yesterday regarding polls. This is good. Somebody is in denial.

Trump adviser on Trump losing: 'Says who?' | TheHill
The Hill › ballot-box › presidential-races
1 day ago - "Polls. Most of them. All of them," responded CNN anchor Brianna Keilar.

I saw that live when it was happening. I was like...........:doh:

That was some of the best tv that I've seen on CNN. :lol:

CarolKing

We vote by mail in WA state too. It seems like the easiest way to be able to include most everybody. We don't have to deal with long lines and it's cheaper for the state. We get our ballots a couple of weeks in advance.

The Trump's way of shoot first and ask questions later type of leadership people have realized it's a liability. During his speech today he kind of apologized for some of the stupid stuff he's said but he needed to say what he was apologizing for. He needs to personally apologized to a few people.:2c:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
During his speech today he kind of apologized for some of the stupid stuff he's said but he needed to say what he was apologizing for. He needs to personally apologized to a few people.
Not gonna happen. I'm surprised he did what he did. This come to Jesus moment will be short lived, as they all have been. Just wait for his next appearance without a teleprompter...

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
He needs to personally apologized to a few people.:2c:
Yes he does but so does "H". How about the grieving relatives from the deaths in Benghazi. They were standing with her, on the tarmac, watching the bodies being deplaned and she had the ability to lie right to their faces by saying the attack was related to some video, which we now know was a lie.
That choice reveals something about her.

Silat

Yes he does but so does "H". How about the grieving relatives from the deaths in Benghazi. They were standing with her, on the tarmac, watching the bodies being deplaned and she had the ability to lie right to their faces by saying the attack was related to some video, which we now know was a lie.
That choice reveals something about her.

Please. She did not kill those people. And she spoke about what she knew at the time.
6 investigations and you got nothing.

CarolKing

Hillary isn't one of my fav people but I never thought she was to blame for what happened in Benghazi. The email server was stupid and I've said that here. I'm a Bernie girl but now I'm a Hillary voter.

I saw the mom that talked at the Republican convention. Her son had died in Benghazi, I believe he was a soldier. My heart went out to her. She wasn't ready to talk in front of a large group regarding her son. She didn't seem mentally well and was very angry. I saw how they assisted her to walk out to the stage. She started the lock her up statements that later went into chanting. That's still happening at the Trump rally's.

I've seen Anne Stevens speak.

Dr. Anne Stevens, the sister of Ambassador Chris Stevens, has served as a family spokesperson since his death. She is the chief of pediatric rheumatology at Seattle Children’s Hospital. We spoke twice in the past three days, including shortly after the House Select Committee report was issued. Dr. Stevens recalled that her brother had been fascinated by the Middle East since childhood, when he dressed up as Lawrence of Arabia, with a towel and a pot atop his head. He served in the Peace Corps, in Morocco, before joining the Foreign Service, and he served twice in Libya before his final posting there, as well as in Damascus, Cairo, Jerusalem, and Riyadh. My interview with Dr. Stevens has been condensed and edited for clarity.

Whom do you fault for the lack of security that resulted in the death of your brother, in Benghazi?

It is clear, in hindsight, that the facility was not sufficiently protected by the State Department and the Defense Department. But what was the underlying cause? Perhaps if Congress had provided a budget to increase security for all missions around the world, then some of the requests for more security in Libya would have been granted. Certainly the State Department is underbudgeted.

I do not blame Hillary Clinton or Leon Panetta. They were balancing security efforts at embassies and missions around the world. And their staffs were doing their best to provide what they could with the resources they had. The Benghazi Mission was understaffed. We know that now. But, again, Chris knew that. It wasn’t a secret to him. He decided to take the risk to go there. It is not something they did to him. It is something he took on himself.

What did you learn from the two new reports by House Republicans and Democrats?

It doesn’t look like anything new. They concluded that the U.S. compound in Benghazi was not secure. We knew that.

What did you think of Secretary Clinton’s conduct on Benghazi?

She has taken full responsibility, being head of the State Department, for what occurred. She took measures to respond to the review board’s recommendations. She established programs for a better security system. But it is never going to be perfect. Part of being a diplomat is being out in the community. We all recognize that there’s a risk in serving in a dangerous environment. Chris thought that was very important, and he probably would have done it again. I don’t see any usefulness in continuing to criticize her. It is very unjust.

After years of congressional investigations, do you feel that your brother’s death has been politicized in Washington?

Yes! Definitely politicized. Every report I read that mentions him specifically has a political bent, an accusatory bent. One point that seems to be brought up again and again is the accusation that the attack was a response to the video. I could understand why that conclusion would be made, because it was right after the attack on the U.S. Embassy in Egypt. But, frankly, it doesn’t matter that that was the thinking, that night, about why the attack occurred. It’s irrelevant to bring that up again and again. It is done purely for political reasons.

Edit
Im not sure why Hillary wouldn't have hugged every single one of those family members. Maybe she was also feeling sadness over the country's loss too? Maybe she felt a huge load to carry over this? Not a loss for us we didn't know them.

I guess Mrs. Clinton is the only one that can answer that. I wouldnt assume to speak for her. We all know she didn't mean for this to happen. It's cruel to say otherwise. It done now. She can only move forward and learn from her mistakes. It's too bad we don't have a wonderful selection to choose from. Some folks will be writing in a candidate. That's an option.

I had to add this he he.:rofl::rofl::lmao:Trump will be so pissed. He deserves all this ridicule.
NSFW: Naked Statues of Donald Trump Appeared in Five Major Cities Today | Mediaite
Mediaite › online › nsfw-naked-statues-o...
10 hours ago - There have been at least five major cities that woke up Thursday to an interesting surprise: a life-sized, ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom