Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Can some who uses the S&B capsule wooden stem comment on your usage case and patterns? It seems to be a portable setup for 1 or 2 hits? In my experience the doesing caps extract unevenly and the taste declines rapidly. I much prefer loading the herb directly in the heater like I do on my Splinters Z's.

Directly in the heater?? I would never do that You're supposed to load in the stems... I like using various basket screens in both vapes, capsules are more annoying than beneficial for me and I hate those ones from s&b (I don't use my wood stem really as a result, tried it a few ways and it just was not for me)

floribud

Can some who uses the S&B capsule wooden stem comment on your usage case and patterns? It seems to be a portable setup for 1 or 2 hits? In my experience the doesing caps extract unevenly and the taste declines rapidly. I much prefer loading the herb directly in the heater like I do on my Splinters Z's.
I have a wooden dynavap adapter that take S&B capsules. Normally I just but a very small amount of herb in a rimmed basket screen and tamp it a bit. The P80 hits almost like a dab this way when using fresh flower. However I bought the dynavap adapter for the SplinterZ and it really doesn't work too well there, too uneven. With the P80 it's a totally different story. I can pack it pretty full and it really transitions the P80 into more of a hybrid vape. I love my quick hits from the p80 but the capsules help if you're more interested in a session. It preforms differently, but it's still very even and maintains pretty good flavor, however eventually you get a little of that burnt popcorn flavor, but by that point I'm usually pretty medicated.

floribud,

floribud

For what it's worth, here's the way I like working with my P80 right now. Yes I love the fast terp rips of just packing a pinch of herb in a wire basket. But sometimes it just a smoother experience mixing in the conduction, to me it's kind of like an on-demand Mighty... but with better flavor, and you can just put the P80 in cruise and take a hit over a 2 or 3 minute session... but you'll really kill you batteries...

Mod feel free to combine this with previous message

Butch

I want to buy more glass form my Tetra P80. Should I purchase 18mm or 19mm male piece. Thanks

Butch,

Frosch5

For what it's worth, here's the way I like working with my P80 right now. Yes I love the fast terp rips of just packing a pinch of herb in a wire basket. But sometimes it just a smoother experience mixing in the conduction, to me it's kind of like an on-demand Mighty... but with better flavor, and you can just put the P80 in cruise and take a hit over a 2 or 3 minute session... but you'll really kill you batteries...

Mod feel free to combine this with previous message
where did you get this adapter? looks awesome!

Frosch5,

floribud

where did you get this adapter? looks awesome!
@khelek41girl

I think she's not on social anymore, but still doing custom work...

floribud,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Dr. G

Old Resident
Thank you kindly. Ralph found a lovely piece of what I can only imagine was once a truly stunning tree.
Ralph is a wonderful craftsman. I have amazing respect. I have one that I hardly use…not because of anything. I just don’t want to damage it…I love just looking at it. I also, have a Bak…awesome vapes. Well, anyway…your unit looks amazing so you polish it at all? Have a great weekend…ciao.

Wick-flair

Alright, so I got a terta many many drops ago and didn't use it all that much. I was
Overwhelmed at first and found my crafty easier to get dailed in. I'm now getting interested in getting my tetra p80 dialed in.

After a few bowls, I've noticed that I have to turn the temp 20 to maybe 30 degrees higher to get an equivalent cloud of the crafty. I usually start at 365 on the crafty and work my way up to 420. On the tetra I typically don't see any vapor until 400+ I'm not sure if I have to adjust a setting or if that's just normal and efficiency of the tetra? I typically just pack the weed into the stem, I'd that correct? LOL. Now, I'm questioning everything.

Any advice would be appreciated.

One love.

Wick-flair,

Shit Snacks

Alright, so I got a terta many many drops ago and didn't use it all that much. I was
Overwhelmed at first and found my crafty easier to get dailed in. I'm now getting interested in getting my tetra p80 dialed in.

After a few bowls, I've noticed that I have to turn the temp 20 to maybe 30 degrees higher to get an equivalent cloud of the crafty. I usually start at 365 on the crafty and work my way up to 420. On the tetra I typically don't see any vapor until 400+ I'm not sure if I have to adjust a setting or if that's just the natural and efficiency of the tetra?

Any advice would be appreciated.

One love.

That is normal, depending how you are using it, on demand? Set the temperature higher because it takes more time to heat soak, very large heating element in there with glass around the steel... Temperature settings are not going to be the same because the devices work nowhere near the same, pure convection is very different from session hybrid that is creating the vapor for you so try not to focus on that precision, read through this thread though because there are many different ways to use it :tup:

Wick-flair

That is normal, depending how you are using it, on demand? Set the temperature higher because it takes more time to heat soak, very large heating element in there with glass around the steel... Temperature settings are not going to be the same because the devices work nowhere near the same, pure convection is very different from session hybrid that is creating the vapor for you so try not to focus on that precision, read through this thread though because there are many different ways to use it :tup:
Thank you! Tonight I tried the cruise mode. Same result, but I'll keep messing with it. I'm assuming crafty is session Hybrid? What does that mean?

Wick-flair,

Shit Snacks

Thank you! Tonight I tried the cruise mode. Same result, but I'll keep messing with it.

Not just cruise, but letting it preheat, I don't know there are different ways to use it I use - certain way that I've posted about here and others, that's why I suggest skimming backwards to see different ways people use it and get the most out of it? You could be doing something very different that would be easy to alter and get great results

I'm assuming crafty is session Hybrid? What does that mean?

Yeah a hybrid uses conduction as well, session style means it is going to heat up a chamber and create vapor for you... This pure convection means you are creating the vapor by inhaling hot air through the herb, so the temperature is not really measuring the exact temp of the herb, and it varies as you are inhaling the air through the heater into the herb, can still get a good guide range with the temps you just need to learn the best way to use it and adjust expectations as well

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

canadianvapelife

I would check calibration like fearandlawyering suggested. I use cruise and 195°C and have lots of vapor on my first draw every time. I also don't preheat

Last edited:
canadianvapelife,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Set the temperature higher because it takes more time to heat soak,

Are you preheating before you draw? Usually I wait 20-25 seconds before drawing.
For me these are the same and I do believe warming it up - preheating or heat soaking - works best. I use Cruise mode mostly too, take a few draws a few minutes apart then turn it off. The on-demand mode works OK but not great compared to the Tinymight which I use way more than my P80. I have some more fun stems for my P80 though, lol. :peace:

Wick-flair

It could be worth checking calibration on it after sitting that long (TCR/resistance)
What's the best way to check calibration?

Not just cruise, but letting it preheat, I don't know there are different ways to use it I use - certain way that I've posted about here and others, that's why I suggest skimming backwards to see different ways people use it and get the most out of it? You could be doing something very different that would be easy to alter and get great results

Yeah a hybrid uses conduction as well, session style means it is going to heat up a chamber and create vapor for you... This pure convection means you are creating the vapor by inhaling hot air through the herb, so the temperature is not really measuring the exact temp of the herb, and it varies as you are inhaling the air through the heater into the herb, can still get a good guide range with the temps you just need to learn the best way to use it and adjust expectations as well
Have an idea how many posts I will have to go back to see your suggestions? Lots to read here.

Wick-flair,

FearAndLawyering

What's the best way to check calibration?
I don't know tbh. Contact the maker and ask their advice to be sure.
Generally speaking, temp control depends on resistance value, TCR value, temp value. You have been adjusting temp but need to confirm the other two values. There's usually a resistance value written inside the battery cover or compartment of lamart devices. Verify the current cold live reading matches and see if it has a locked resistance value, and that it matches the current cold live reading. It can help to tap the fire button once or twice and then watch it drop and wait for it to settle on a number. Verify the TCR value is what it should be (I dunno the correct value)

> Setting TCR: Navigate to Coils > TUBO Set
> I think it's always a fixed value of 185

(this should be fine if you bought new and never changed it)

FearAndLawyering,
Reactions: Wick-flair
Top Bottom