Tetra P80

HarryTuttle

Someone scored his first Tetra P80 in the last drop. It is a gorgeous ebony mix. Wondering if anyone could help a newbie?

1) How do you know when to draw? When you hold down the big screen button, the two temperatures on the display are almost instantly identical, but the unit is still cool to the touch and not producing any vapor. Is there any equivalent to a TinyMight buzzing or a Dynavap clicking to let you know when it is time to draw?

2) What temperature ranges are most common? What would be a good starting temp for someone who is more of a favor chaser that favors smaller (but not microdose) loads?

3) How does the temp stepping feature work?

4) How do you do the 45 degree technique?

Thanks for any advice. Looking forward to learning how to use this beautiful device.

GoldenBud

Someone scored his first Tetra P80 in the last drop. It is a gorgeous ebony mix. Wondering if anyone could help a newbie?

1) How do you know when to draw? When you hold down the big screen button, the two temperatures on the display are almost instantly identical, but the unit is still cool to the touch and not producing any vapor. Is there any equivalent to a TinyMight buzzing or a Dynavap clicking to let you know when it is time to draw?

2) What temperature ranges are most common? What would be a good starting temp for someone who is more of a favor chaser that favors smaller (but not microdose) loads?

3) How does the temp stepping feature work?

4) How do you do the 45 degree technique?

Thanks for any advice. Looking forward to learning how to use this beautiful device.
hi, there's no buzzing the TM, warm2cruise is 3 clicks, the glass needs to be hot (warm up mode takes 10-30 seconds) to get tasty mini clouds, Tstep is 4 clicks, read the manual and the patterns please, around 390F is good for taste flavours, around 380F for very slow steady draw, enjoy :)

Hi guys ,
anyone else get their tetra from the last drop?

happy?
I was like OK till i got a try and got to know it better
boy do they grow on you
think its cured my VAS

my thought ,thats how to make a vape ,
can i ask
Iam having bother with the default coil setting under my battery lid.
0.282 not firing at all ,
what are your set to and do they work with your default
seems around 0.342 ,
mine fires at to 0.365 big difference am i losing out or damaging anything ,,,,its got that hot feeling like not just
vaping hot ,
like electronics burning out ,or coil should say
are these hot running like the tinymight can be
can see why its loved though ,just want it working and not be damaging it ,
power boost ? Mine came set at 50 on the site its 0
thanks guys hope your liking yours
G

EarthworldTim

Hi guys ,

happy?
boy do they grow on you
think its cured my VAS

can i ask
seems around 0.342 ,
mine fires at to 0.365 big difference am i losing out or damaging anything ,,,,its got that hot feeling like not just
vaping hot ,
G
I don't understand what you mean by "not firing at all" with the Lamart prescribed resistance. I've never changed mine and it works great but there is a heat soak time that is needed for efficient extraction. If the unit is getting hot like that I'd stop using it at that resistance because you might damage the coil or possibly the P80 mod.

I'm not the most experienced because I haven't messed with mine much beyond trying different modes but this sounds like something either isn't right or you jumped the gun with changing the settings.

EarthworldTim,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Hi guys ,

happy?
boy do they grow on you
think its cured my VAS

can i ask
seems around 0.342 ,
vaping hot ,
G
You may want to try the warm to cruise function (three clicks, I use anywhere from 340F - 430F when I use w2c) at the default resistance. If you are using it on demand you will need a higher temp, but I don’t think it’s ideal to be that far above the stock resistance as someone else said. That said it’s your vape so if you enjoy it you do you!

gordontreeman,
No ,its not heating at the 0.282 , cold when i move it too 0.342 to 0.365 i get heat , but not heat like i explained ,
if it hadnt said on the site adjust too default , you think get the best out of it ,
with to fuck i hadnt bothered , been at it all night , done
end of it dont work at coil size lamart put under the lid ,
why say change it , whys it not just set and if it doesnt work then maybe
feel a broadband moment
g

Vapor-catzG,

fangorn

No ,its not heating at the 0.282 , cold when i move it too 0.342 to 0.365 i get heat , but not heat like i explained ,
if it hadnt said on the site adjust too default , you think get the best out of it ,
feel a broadband moment
g

do you use baskets?
are you sure they are well adjusted to your stem?

if they are not perfectly formed, I found that the use was not optimal.

I could be wrong, but it doesn't hurt to try...
the idea being that the metal circle is well pressed everywhere against the glass...

fangorn,

gordontreeman

feel a broadband moment
g
I guess what I am wondering is whether you are giving it a heat soak or trying to use it on demand. If you try to use it on demand (just clicking and holding the button without warning it up) you need to set a much higher temp to get immediate vapor, or overshoot the resistance as you have done.

Hi , ive tried all the heat ups at 420 440 but its cold ,ive been on to Ralph he thinks theres a problem with it so going to sort it
its maybe some setting ive touched , dont know ,
i thinks its the coil but ill see , back to. TMS for now ,
disappointed but it will get fixed , love the vape though
G
what are you guys coils set to ?

gordontreeman

Hi , ive tried all the heat ups at 420 440 but its cold ,ive been on to Ralph he thinks theres a problem with it so going to sort it
its maybe some setting ive touched , dont know ,
i thinks its the coil but ill see , back to. TMS for now ,
disappointed but it will get fixed , love the vape though
G
what are you guys coils set to ?
I left the resistance and pid variables stock. I just adjust the temp. I’m sure Ralph will get you sorted!

floribud

Hi for the first time I'm having some issues with my P80. After a couple years it seems, it seems to be hot spotting. Sort of drawing a hot line down the middle. Previously it was completely even heat. If it got hots enough to char the bottom, it would char the whole bottom evenly (quite a remarkable device!). Anyway this hot spot has come with taste reduction, more of a chared tasted. Previously I could control it very easily in the 370 and 380 range and take huge draws, maybe up 15-20 second first draws and get no hint of charing, just uniform browning. Now I'm getting something more like this, and eventually I'd get pretty heaving charring even at 380 now. 400 and above are not really usuable anymore, since I very quick just burns a line through the middle of the basket, and make the taste immediately taste burnt.

Anyway wondering if this just means I need to play around with resistance values, or is it a sign of one or more of the four heaters not behaving anymore?

floribud,

babyskunk

Does anyone know when the next round of repairs is going to be worked on? I feel very impatient, but its been 6 months since I sent my Tetra away... I'd ask Ralph directly but I've emailed him a decent bit and don't always get replies.

StinKing

Does anyone know when the next round of repairs is going to be worked on? I feel very impatient, but its been 6 months since I sent my Tetra away... I'd ask Ralph directly but I've emailed him a decent bit and don't always get replies.
Dang, don't know what I would do without my P80 for 6 months.

After 6 months, I don't think you're being impatient in asking for an update. And yeah, I have sent Ralph a few messages in the past and have actually never gotten a response back.

I know he is really busy and my matters were resolved since then, so I don't hold anything against him. I hope you get your device back sooner than later!

StinKing,

Dr. G

Old Resident
He is practically on everyday at the DISCORD...go there to ask him. You will catch him there certainly. I see him there ALWAYS...

PS I am not sure if I am allowed to say Discord here...my apologies if I broke any rules. Pardon me.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I wonder how that “we can’t share links to other vape communities” urban legend started. I was under that impression from seeing folks speak about e.g. Reddit or discord servers in a circumspect manner too 😅.

https://discord.gg/vpF8Y3XU is Lamart’s server!
The vaporents subreddit removed the ability to share links, but the urban legend predates that so I dunno.

Momor

Anyway wondering if this just means I need to play around with resistance values, or is it a sign of one or more of the four heaters not behaving anymore?
I would say that it looks like you may have two coils that don't work properly anymore.
You could check the glow of the of the 4 coils in a dark room at max temp and see if they all glow evenly?

floribud

I would say that it looks like you may have two coils that don't work properly anymore.
You could check the glow of the of the 4 coils in a dark room at max temp and see if they all glow evenly?
Will do thx! After that apparently I'll take my question to Discord, lol

floribud,
Reactions: Momor

GoldenBud

He said in the discord server that everything will be repaired until next week

GoldenBud,

Bigair80

Hey I've been having an issue with my p80 that I've been putting off fixing for a while. It continually flashes weak battery when trying to warmup/on demand/cruise even when the batteries are completely charged. I've tried a few fixes suggested much earlier in this thread but haven't been able to find a solution. I then decided to try a firmware update to see if that might fix my issues. The problem is that when I run the updater from Lamart's site it says that my device is an Unknown Device and won't let me update the firmware. I've never updated it and I received it a few years ago. I also was able to use the p80 for about 6 months before the issues started. Any ideas?

Edit: I wanted to add that I've been using Sony Murata VTC6 batteries from 18650 battery store and they worked great for a while. Once the issues started I bought a couple more thinking my batteries were bad but it said weak battery when they were brand new. Also, I can just keep resetting the warmup after it flashes weak battery and continually spam it off and on until I reach a cruising temp and then it lets me cruise with less weak battery messages at that temp.

Bigair80,
Top Bottom