• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tetra P80

fangorn

@farmerpalmersnt

if it can reassure you (or not), I haven't had an answer lately... as part of a custom development...
we started... and it stopped in the middle...
in general, it provides very satisfactory answers to buyers who have had situations somewhat similar to yours...
simply to advise you not to stay on a negative opinion... but you do what you want of course!!!

I sincerely hope that Ralph is on vacation and that he has no problem...

GoldenBud

Seeing as I've tried messaging through the website twice and emailing with no response I'm popping this up here now.

I have to say I'm very surprised and disappointed with both the build quality of the p80 and the complete lack of aftersale customer service. I had one previously, older model and have purchased stems since so I'm a repeat customer (although won't be again obviously).

Sent this last week:

Hi,

Sent a message via your website but not sure if you got it...

purchased my p80 and stems in the last drop. Not a custom. I've been having some issues since purchase with the wood cracking. Out of the box one of the small corners where the pick tool sits fell right off as there was not enough wood to hold it together. I filled the hole and glued it back on.

Then one of the barrel cut panels cracked. Again I glued it and put a rubber band around it. Today it has failed in multiple places, around the barrel cut panels, the top portion which retains the heater unit. Probably in 4 or 5 spots. I've PVA glued them together again but I'm concerned there is something wrong with the integrity of the wood used on this one as I've not seen any other reports.

Whilst it gets used fairly heavily I've never once dropped it, got it wet or subjected it to any particular stress at all. I gave it a light French polish when I got it to protect the wood from stains but nothing else. It's been kept immaculately.

I wanted to get in touch at this stage in case you had experienced any issues with a bad batch of wood or something. I am happy to try gluing it this one more time but am concerned at the amount of failure I'm getting in a very, very well treated unit. Any thoughts appreciated.

Maybe I'll get a reply on here with a bit more visibility....

All in all pretty poor. I'd refrained from posting anything until I'd given a chance for them to reply.

Probably should have raised the first issues straight away but as a medical user wanted to keep it up and running. For it to fall apart like this is dire, and for them to ignore me is just rude. I've got several tinymights. Had a few issues with one and instant reply, instant return and repair. Plus freebies. So given there's virtually nothing between them in vapour quality and flavour I know where I'd advise anyone to spend their money.

Just thought a balanced view would be useful in this thread. Queue the fanboys getting all defensive.....
1. please add pictures, glad the heater works and it's only the wood! that's the most important thing
2. when he builds devices, sometimes it takes him 2-3 weeks to answer, especially if the message is long. send him short message. if the wood problem refers to his work, he will pay the shipping back for sure, not sure about shipping TO him, but possible (and he will fix for free... any thing that not the user caused...)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Poolride

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
dude, i have emails from you one 3 days ago and one 2 days ago... really dont appreciate this rocket style. but yes you will get taken care of obviously. ill reply to your email in a bit.

also i will reply to all other emails that are waiting soon, please bear with me, some stressful times but its getting better.

thanks for the patience everyone!

checkyourlibido

2-3 weeks to answer is a bit of a joke really let's be honest. Especially given the price of the unit.
This is not Amazon. It's small a small shop that puts the most work into the quality of the product you receive. I would 100% buy again. Because unlike big retailers that have random people messaging you, here you'll get an answer from the horse's mouth.

If you need someone to hold your hand, perhaps consider going somewhere else, because horses don't have hands.

farmerpalmersnt

This is not Amazon. It's small a small shop that puts the most work into the quality of the product you receive. I would 100% buy again. Because unlike big retailers that have random people messaging you, here you'll get an answer from the horse's mouth.

If you need someone to hold your hand, perhaps consider going somewhere else, because horses don't have hands.

Yes. Thanks. I appreciate this isn't Amazon. Nor do I need anyone to hold my hand. Least of all you. Not sure why you have the impression I do, it wasn't a post seeking your advice.

I'm glad you are happy. Not really sure about the confused horse analogy but thanks for that lesson in equine anatomy too.

ETA, Have since had an email offering refund or exchange so resolved. For the record I messaged through the site some considerable time before 3 days ago but perhaps this didn't reach you Ralph. Either way thanks for getting back.

Last edited:

passenger

is this thing on?
Edit: Mixed it up, thought it was about a slow custom slot discussion. Well, good you all sorted it out - personally I always had very good experience with Lamart all the way. :peace:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah one of my stems split from heat stress, still use it though. The unit is cross cut and green elder burr or something. Definitely not the most stable of woods but still.

Yeah the crosscut is the marble wood, and I've seen in the past at least with the CX that marble wood can crack up and be brittle sometimes, does sound like a bad piece perhaps combined with the elements, although it is the dyed box elder burl around the drum barrel, mine feels quite durable there at least... Yeah best way is to email Ralph and you see always very responsive here if you message direct or on Instagram

Falconflys

As I sit hear enjoying the hell out of my Tetra p80, I have patience. I was able to snag a slot for a custom TetraX!
I messaged Ralph a few days ago and haven't heard back yet. Am I worried, anxious or just flipping out.....He'll no!
I know he's busy with more than building units and it will be loved that much more when I do receive it! Love my Lamart!
You be you Ralph!

GoldenBud

440F~ hits like train.. the vapor is so dense and tasty in this temp too..ABV is still very bright..
abv:
abvtetra440.jpg

Lyonafa

@Shit Snacks you said that you're always using your device upside down. I've tried and love it to have a big hit as it's more close to the oven. But the glass stem always falls down and it's not very easy because you can't put it down. How do you do ? :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks you said that you're always using your device upside down. I've tried and love it to have a big hit as it's more close to the oven. But the glass stem always falls down and it's not very easy because you can't put it down. How do you do ? :)

Yeah if I'm using a stem I will hold it with two hands so I can remove the tetra to clear the hit, or one hit if I am using on demand not cruising, but usually I'm using a WPA on another hook or water piece these days

Shit Snacks,

Seantagon

i will reply to all other emails that are waiting soon, please bear with me
I was in talks about once a week, but it’s been over 3 weeks now. I’m glad I’m not the only one who hasn’t heard back. I was starting to think my email was messed up, or my spot got lost some how. I have no doubt it’ll be worth the wait! :clap:

Seantagon,

GoldenBud

hi guys, is anyone else still waiting on their custom p80? its 9 weeks now and I am not sure if I should contact ralph, since he seems to be quite buisy atm.
I would send the email, knowing that the waiting time is up to 10 weeks in harsh times, like now because the last drop had been splitted.. but hopefully you will get the "packaging" status soon..

Vagabons

Hello all! I believe it's my first time posting here in FC. Been lurking for a while now. Just finished catching up with this thread from page 100. Love the collective FC knowledge.

Anyways, I've finally managed to pick up a used tp80. I think it's running hot. First bowl, on a fresh molicel, 410f W2C, medium to fast draw, combusted. Been experimenting since and I've combusted 4 out of 10 basket packs. 3 with the lamart WPA, once with an rbt WPA. With the rbt I combusted at 410f or 415f, very dark abv at 390f. With the lamart WPA combusted as low as 370 on straight cruise (with some heatsoak time, like 20secs). Haven't messed with W2C since combusting because straight cruice with some Heatsoak has given me some great bowls.

Haven't had time to go through the manual so I'm not sure of what there resistance is locked to, I only know 1, 2 or 3 presses for OD, Cruise or W2C.

Is the coil supposed to glow on W2C mode?

Loving this heater but temp control is leaking for now. I've never combusted in my Mi3! Apreciate any insight!

GoldenBud

Is the coil supposed to glow on W2C mode?
nope, hmmm, firstable welcome!
which resistance number is written under the lid of the P80 mod? can you see a number there? something like 0.225~? it's a small number...
then go to Menu(Plus button with Fire button together) >coils>manage

is it the same number, of resistance? is it locked?
(And if Check is marked as YES, change to NO please)
the coils never should glow, even not in 500F

Top Bottom