• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tetra P80

rvarick

Longtime lurker, first time posting because I'm so excited I was able to land a unit I had to tell someone lol was able to grab the Maple Burl / Black unit, which still blows my mind because it was by far my favorite unit of the drop! I cannot wait for this beautiful device to get to me!

2206tp80mapleburlblack-1200x1200.jpg

Was so unprepared for actually landing one of these I still need to pick out stem options to go with it lol, really was not expecting to get so lucky after a couple previous failed attempts. Already have one 18mm spiky glass stem I can use and was gonna grab one of his as a spare, then was gonna grab one short and one medium wooden stem, long seems like overkill lol short and medium I have in mind, think they would match the wood of the P80 well.

Really this is just a post to show off how lucky I was because I've got no where else to shout about it lol
So it was YOU!!! (j/k, kinda 😁)

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
PSA: mini drop and holdovers from last weekend’s drop is this Sunday, June 19th @ 9p Swiss time - Father’s Day and Juneteenth too. Good luck to all. If I’m around for it perhaps I’ll try for a custom slot. If not it’ll wait.

I used the long skinny bendy stem with a little horn for the first time last night with my P80. Vey nice! I like the little horn to grab it by so it’s not too hot to the touch. I can actually see the display too while using my P80 which I can’t do with the tank and short bendy stems (which I also enjoy using). I have lots of options including mating it with my rig (which I seldom use). Cheers. :peace:

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Same for me. The leftover prebuilds aren't too appealing to me. If I get to score a custom slot would be nice if not I'll just try in the future :).
I kind of like the burls and marble wood units, and especially the blue dyed yellow cedar burl, but yeah I’m also a little meh on the prebuilts. I’m out of town but if I find myself free around the time of the drop I might try to snag a custom, otherwise I’ll catch one down the line!

attackpoints

That blue acrylic was my first choice and I even had it in the cart when the payment method was stuck loading haha I'm happy to see my second choice is also still there. I missed that one when the drop was put on hold. I'll do my best to try again this Sunday, but that's kind of a busy day. Oh well.

Good luck to everyone else trying this weekend!

checkyourlibido

My first pic is still there...

2206tp80blueyellowcedarburlblue-1200x1200.jpg
This one is gorgeous. It's probably my fav of what's left. Even though I also like the fire boxelder burl equally. I didn't initially look at the prices, but all the ones I like seem to be over 400... and I'm probably the poorest person on this sub LOL

Edit: for clarity, I think they are all worth every penny

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If I didn't already score I'd be going after that black locust burl first, then the London plane lacewood burl.... I still think there's some good choices to be had...

Can't go wrong with any of them! I still love the curly black heart mango and that spalted boxwood (even that old OG boxy boxwood!) and those olive ash burls have a lot going on actually...

OK, so.... people who've done this before.... how long does it take before we start getting them?

Mine moved to packaging, so it should be shipping soon, obviously going to be after this drop, so they can all be shipped together :tup: then it usually takes 2 weeks give or take, 8-15 days (could be 3 weeks or so though depending on the world, this is without tracking option)

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Can't go wrong with any of them! I still love the curly black heart mango and that spalted boxwood (even that old OG boxy boxwood!) and those olive ash burls have a lot going on actually...

Mine moved to packaging, so it should be shipping soon, obviously going to be after this drop, so they can all be shipped together :tup: then it usually takes 2 weeks give or take, 8-15 days (could be 3 weeks or so though depending on the world, this is without tracking option)

Thanks man. That's about what I figured. 3-4 weeks or so from now. I got the tracking option but doubt that changes much.

I'm cool with waiting a few weeks!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
It should go without saying custom builds will take longer. Not that I have one. My prebuilt took about 3 weeks to get to the northeast US in September ‘21. Good luck to all participanting in tomorrow’s drop part deux. If I’m around or think of it maybe I’d try for a custom yet I’m more than happy with my prebuilt. A backup however can’t be ruled out - either this or another TM will be great as a backup. We shall see. Cheers. :peace:

Last edited:

Pasoa2020

Even if your financial institution is given advance notice of an upcoming international purchase, there are/were still issues with the payment processor. This happened to me in the Jan ‘21 drop (first one I participated in). I emailed Ralph afterward and he acknowledged the issue as I hadn’t done anything wrong. He’s a great dude trying his best and doing the drops his way. The server load from the drop isn’t working well with how/where his inventory is stored. I don’t know specifics but it’s obviously an issue. Hopefully it’ll be ironed out for good for the sake of future drops.

Again, if you missed out this time it’s worth your patience and wait to obtain one. It took me 4 drops spanning 9 months (and I couldn’t participate in the 3rd one as I was away). I’ll say it’s a bit more powerful than my Tinymight (which I also love) and the heater signature is really strong and consistent. Not sure what else I can say other than the P80 delivers the goods, almost desktop-like, in the size that it is. They are works of art too to enhance the experience. IF I were to get a second P80 - as a backup of course :) - it would be a custom. Not sure yet what that would entail but something custom as I could certainly wait for however long it takes. Having one, a prebuilt, it’s awesome and nearly perfect in performance. Battery life is my only negative and it’s not terribly bad either but could be a bit better. Here’s my prebuilt from the September ‘21 drop:

:peace:
Great looking prebuilt! Custom is really fun. Does take a while. Sky is the limit in terms of design, within reason. Go for it!

Pasoa2020,
Reactions: Vaporific
Top Bottom