Tetra P80

checkyourlibido

Where? I just checked the site under P80s and I don’t see anything listed. They were all there a couple of days (maybe 3) before yesterday’s drop. Just not seeing the holdover units now. Not that I’m fully committed, at least not another prebuilt, but I’d perhaps try for a custom if any custom slots are still open. Not sure how many of the 15 (or 20) were actually filled yesterday. :peace:
I initially heard about another drop around when the site was shut down. But then I heard only 1 was double ordered. My best guess is there won't be a mini-drop. But I'm not sure.

Edit: just adding that I'm seriously not sure, not even sure why I commented. But I hope there is another drop for everyone who didn't get one!

Last edited:
checkyourlibido,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I initially heard about another drop around when the site was shut down. But then I heard only 1 was double ordered. My best guess is there won't be a mini-drop. But I'm not sure.
Ralph opined yesterday that the drop was halted. I believe there were still some units left or perhaps he’s still figuring out who actually got dibs on which units, perhaps custom slots too but I’m unsure. I thought there would be a mini-drop in a few days to clear his current inventory, that’s what I thought was implied. But I didn’t see any new P80 units on the mobile site earlier today. We’ll see but I’m not holding my breath to participate in another drop unless there are custom slots still available. Cheers. :peace:

Vaporific,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Tech can screw us all over from time to time. I prefer the way the waitlist is for the Nomad over a lottery system. But at the end of the day, these are small artisan shops without much manpower. I'm down for whatever they decide is best for them.
Yeah, the frustration is real and I also personally prefer the waitlist as I’m patient when I know there’s an end point. If you have crummy luck in the drops I imagine it can take a while. But it is what it is, and there’s some work maintaining a waitlist.

There are solutions to the technical issues, but as someone else alluded they might be beyond what Ralph and lamart can realistically invest time or money wise. I do this stuff for a living, but I’m handsomely compensated by a large e commerce organization so it’s not quite the same ballpark.

Re the mini drop I’m just going based off of what Ralph said. If it doesn’t happen it sounds like he’s got some cool new woods, so hopefully it won’t be quite as long this time around. I really dig these new dyed burl units!

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Ralph posted about 3 pages back (guestimate) and said there would be a drop for customs and the units that didn't get sold due to the processor failing sometime in the next week or so, so keep your eyes peeled for emails from Lamart, Everything was gone at 4 minutes past 9 PM CET time for me. Hopefully, anyone that didn't score in this drop has better luck on the coming one. You can just look for the post from FunkyJunky, I think it was the only post he made. So don't fret yet, we still have another shot :)

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Ralph posted about 3 pages back (guestimate) and said there would be a drop for customs and the units that didn't get sold due to the processor failing sometime in the next week or so, so keep your eyes peeled for emails from Lamart, Everything was gone at 4 minutes past 9 PM CET time for me. Hopefully, anyone that didn't score in this drop has better luck on the coming one. You can just look for the post from FunkyJunky, I think it was the only post he made. So don't fret yet, we still have another shot :)
Thanks for confirming and reaffirming. However someone said earlier there were pics of the holdover prebuilts not sold but I don’t see those. I’ll be curious how many custom slots are still available - that’s what I’d be interested in if I jump in at all this time. :peace:

Vaporific,

danjens

Thanks for confirming and reaffirming. However someone said earlier there were pics of the holdover prebuilts not sold but I don’t see those. I’ll be curious how many custom slots are still available - that’s what I’d be interested in if I jump in at all this time. :peace:
If the inventory display was correct, I saw 4 customs slots left when the drop was halted.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My tale took another turn. Turns out the second one he offered me was also taken.

But then he gave me the choice between 3 different ones and i choose the Wenge with blue and orange panels, which is even cooler than the other two 😂

Oh wow, what a saga, what were the other two options? Great choice, this is the one that makes us brothers I think since I have the full blue orange box elder burl (there were a few different units that had panels from it in the drum barrel)

Can I see the wenge / blue / boxelder burl please? I did it so quick I don't have a Pic

Would like to see it before fresh tetras are getting on the plane :D

I'm sorry, I don't have the site pics for any of the wenge, but now I realize for you the blue is just describing the mod, do you know which color burl??
Screenshot-20220613-111405.png

On the right is the blue and orange, to the left of it in the back is the one panel of orange fire black dyed box elder burl, not sure what the other panel is, but it looks like another orange fire and black burl panel to match actually... The other two on the left are teal birds eye maple and purple birds eye maple, hope you got one you like!

Where? I just checked the site under P80s and I don’t see anything listed. They were all there a couple of days (maybe 3) before yesterday’s drop. Just not seeing the holdover units now. Not that I’m fully committed, at least not another prebuilt, but I’d perhaps try for a custom if any custom slots are still open. Not sure how many of the 15 (or 20) were actually filled yesterday. :peace:

I think you were confused, yes there should be some custom slots still open for the mini drop

There is definitely a mini drop, it has nothing to do with any being double ordered, it has to do with some being left as the payment processor crashed, there were several that could not be checked out though they kept being added to carts...

But I didn’t see any new P80 units on the mobile site earlier today. We’ll see but I’m not holding my breath to participate in another drop unless there are custom slots still available

You're not going to see them today, everything was removed when the drop was halted, they will be relisted after everything is sorted through, likely in advance again...

No one said there were pics of the holdover prebuilt anywhere here, sorry that is where you are confused, we are all still waiting to see which ones are left and when the next little drop will be...

I have screenshots of photos from the site and Instagram that I am posting as needed :tup:

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Screenshot-20220613-111405.png

On the right is the blue and orange, to the left of it in the back is the one panel of orange fire black dyed box elder burl, not sure what the other panel is, but it looks like another orange fire and black burl panel to match actually... The other two on the left are teal birds eye maple and purple birds eye maple, hope you got one you like!
you're going to laugh.. maybe.. probably? but until smith band sent a photo of his unit, I was thinking it's mine... I still dunno which of the 3, except his amazing unit, in this picture is mine, but all look pretty awesome! and I really like the drum.. I thought the mod is blue? can't see from this picture which mod is blue...

Shit Snacks

you're going to laugh.. maybe.. probably? but until smith band sent a photo of his unit, I was thinking it's mine... I still dunno which of the 3 in this picture is mine, but all look pretty! I thought the mod is blue? can't see from this picture which mod is blue...

Haha yeah I know I thought that one was yours too, but your order would have said blue orange box elder burl, when it is just blue between / that is referring to the mod color, and actually all of the wenge units above use the blue mod... If you have box elder burl for sure, then it must be the fire orange and black one?? Unless one of the maples was mislabeled as a burl, most of them at least said colors though???

GoldenBud

Haha yeah I know I thought that one was yours too, but your order would have said blue orange box elder burl, when it is just blue between / that is referring to the mod color, and actually all of the wenge units above use the blue mod... If you have box elder burl for sure, then it must be the fire orange and black one?? Unless one of the maples was mislabeled as a burl, most of them at least said colors though???
see, i thought the orange wasn't described in detail order and I saw only 1 picture of the unit! anyway I like the blue a lot and it's definately a good luck here....

isn't there a WPA for sale now? all stock is gone?
there's a new thing there, the bottle openers are so cool... it looks like a micro surf board

Shit Snacks

Yeah it seems like the WPA are sold out, maybe they will have more soon... I didn't see those bottle openers haha cool, there are some glass Charlie stems and a lot of wood stems though... Yeah so if yours said orange then that must be the one you are getting above! Can't go wrong with any of those certainly... And thanks for sharing that photo again haha beat me to it

A real beauty that one, sorry I didn't snap the photo from the drop, but here is one from Instagram:
Screenshot-20220612-141145.png

Does anyone have a picture of the two-tone ziricote/silver/fire boxelder burl?

See above, you must have missed my reply to you yesterday with the photo...

Oh and another disclaimer, Ralph mentioned he was going to try to give colored glass spiked bendy stems to match the vapes, instead of just a clear bendy, perhaps for some the clear would probably match better although could just go with the smoke color then... But it might be worth mentioning to him if you definitely want the clear one btw!

Last edited:

smith.street.band

you're going to laugh.. maybe.. probably? but until smith band sent a photo of his unit, I was thinking it's mine... I still dunno which of the 3, except his amazing unit, in this picture is mine, but all look pretty awesome! and I really like the drum.. I thought the mod is blue? can't see from this picture which mod is blue...
God, I hope Ralph didnt fuck up for the third time and this one i really yours!

drbadass

after having a successful payment process in the same day it really sucks seeing all the units that went through for purchase when the transaction I actually was trying to plan for got rejected 2 minutes into the drop and never had another successful attempt.

GoldenBud

after having a successful payment process in the same day it really sucks seeing all the units that went through for purchase when the transaction I actually was trying to plan for got rejected 2 minutes into the drop and never had another successful attempt.
I can recommend going for the custom as the drop will be smaller and the website will be faster, pre-built units will be sold out sooner

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I wonder if something like the Toad waitlist would be easy to implement for the p80. Just a set number of orders per drop and people get to choose their top 3 in order of preference, priority determined by waitlist rank. If none of their choices are available, they have the option to wait until the next drop but with a correspondingly higher waitlist ranking. If any are left unsold, they get released by lottery to the general list.

Dan has said that his system results in most people getting a top two choice, although I think maybe four units have been released to lottery in three drops? It’s a lot easier to be patient when waiting improves your chances and you aren’t just trying to get lucky with whatever you were able to click fastest every time. Considering how much art and effort goes into each P80, it’s kind of unbelievable how arbitrary which one you get can be.

I did a practice run during this last drop for some future day when I have the cash. All I can say is I’m glad I wasn’t serious about getting one!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

These two:

Nice, thanks, yeah it did seem like some of the marble wood ones were left at the end when the payment processor crashed... I think I shared the other angles of these two earlier, one of them at least, all tough choices!

all the wenge series is awesome.. can't wait!

Yeah really can't go wrong with any of these, wenge, marble wood, zerbrano, with the color stab wood drum barrel panels... I was tempted, but felt I had to go all out lol

I had to have a talk to my VAS),

I'm proud and jealous of you! :lol:

Yeah, that really sucks, and is so odd, your bank must have flagged the more expensive purchase for some reason even though you made another one earlier? Honestly I'd recommend choosing the bank transfer option, you don't have to actually use a bank transfer when you pay, it just makes it so you don't pay yet to complete your order, you can wait to pay until it is confirmed and you can pay by credit card choosing invoice in the store to add to your cart for the amount of your total order and shipping... I actually paid with the bank transfer this time, and used a bank transfer too, which I had done in the past for Collyland though all of my previous Lamart purchases were by credit card... Even on my phone, where the credit card info can be filled in automatically, I think the bank transfer was quicker, even though everything was slowed down this time, I think that helped mine go through smoother without any issue... Last time in a drop my card had gotten rejected for the first time and I missed out on my first choice then so I didn't want to risk it this time (I didn't test it beforehand foolishly since I even had another item to order but everything worked out since I had switched to a custom then after all and got a bronze mod that way too)

I wonder if something like the Toad waitlist would be easy to implement for the p80. Just a set number of orders per drop and people get to choose their top 3 in order of preference, priority determined by waitlist rank. If none of their choices are available, they have the option to wait until the next drop but with a correspondingly higher waitlist ranking. If any are left unsold, they get released by lottery to the general list.

Certainly not easy, that is much more involved than a regular wait list, for Dan it's pretty easy since the drops are small and he takes his time with every step, everything is involved for him already (but I do love it as a system of purchasing artisan one of the kind units since it is actually very fun to participate in)

Again, Ralph is focused on just building the vapes, and then selling them online with the web store he has already built to operate successfully for many years now (originally you could put in orders for customs and there was regular stock until demand got out of hand with the TP80) so it would be sort of an ordeal for him to switch to a waitlist, and then go through the whole picking process that Dan does with all the emails, Ralph is always doing larger drops building more at a time and he can be more consistent in timing with experience (Dan is going to get much quicker too though soon enough) He also is very good responding to emails working with customers, fantastic customer service, that takes a lot of time too, for him to then spend all the time emailing chasing people down for picking like Dan does, maybe not that much chasing because they are sought after, but Dan does have people who don't respond and then you move down the list which is not a big deal, but it's again a whole operation running a list...

I don't think speculating about how easy it would be for Ralph to do this or that, running a wait list, instead of doing what he's always done of putting them on the website, is productive for this thread at all, worthy of its own thread topic really, because Ralph is going to continue to do whatever works best for him especially since it is working for the most part for him and plenty of customers... There will always be people dissatisfied with it, and you see he is making some improvements like the reservation system this time, entering drop mode so only one item can be bought at a time, etc. but this is the way it is, like at least a third of this thread is just talking about drop protocol here now :rofl:

Last edited:
Top Bottom