• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tetra P80

drbadass

Thanks for the reply Snacks ^^

I'll say one last thing and then leave the dead horse alone.

If there are little tricks and tips (call your credit card company, don't even use a credit card just do a bank transfer etc, just add a custom with no options, whatever) it is bound to leave a bad impression on people who don't happen to just... get lucky! Or who find out they did everything right but if they had just cut some corners or done something that's not obvious then things would have worked the way they should have actually worked in the first place.

By timestamp I have an extraordinarily hard time believing that I was not first on that particular unit, and I have to think there's some record of that attempted transaction. Had no reason to think payment would be an issue since he had no issue receiving my money prior to this order. I'm just venting at this point, sorry, gonna let it go just really wish I hadn't gotten my hopes up because I have literally never had a drop work out and I don't know why I thought this one would.

/rant

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
the above is mostly correct in my case and to add:

i totally understand the frustration and the system is far from perfect. this is the first time the website crashed hard so i think something went wronger than other times.

i dont want (to go back to) a waitlist, its a lot of work, communication and frustration for me. besides it would be around 4 years long at this point and also it looks like i wont have enough p80s to satisfy the demand. so if this is your first time in the drop then likely you wouldnt be able to get a tetra ever because youd be too late for the waitlist, just putting things into perspective.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
But this is the way it is, like at least a third of this thread is just talking about drop protocol here now :rofl:
Exactly. You’d think there’d be a better way. If even Ralph is on here saying it “fcuking sucked,” I’m surprised he wouldn’t consider a revamp.

Anyway, each artisan’s got their own system and I’m certainly not one to say which is better. Just that it’s a shame to be so meticulous and intentional about your process and then drop day basically looks like this:
Season 1 Shopping GIF by Showtime

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks @funkyjunky again!

@drbadass I feel you dude, I just wanted to tell you that, so you can try again for the mini drop of the leftovers, I hope you can find some satisfaction eventually though the frustration is tough to overcome... If someone is trying to order, without relying on this forum for tips and details etc it can be pretty tough, though I'm sure random people get lucky too (in that sense there is some lottery aspect? lol)

@cx714 hahaha I remember that episode, shame the show got canceled, anyway as you see Ralph replied above now, I forgot that he actually did try doing a wait list at one point in the early days too...

I think there could be a better way maybe to help people understand, I think with the new drop features, it can work well, but there's always growing pains and clearly with the crashing this time more to work out!

Vapeaction

I’m on the disappointed side of things as well but it sure says a lot to me as a customer seeing @funkyjunky active on this thread.
Sure I was disappointed yesterday but I reflect on the anticipation I had over last couple months then yesterday hi’s and lows of got it don’t got it LOL… was a hell of a ride… and I’ll keep on trying. … think I will appreciate it that much more when (if) I get one.

Being an older fella, I’m sitting here sipping on my month old MiniVap thinking a Tinymight may be in order… Dam VAS

ondemander

I don't see why a live stream drawing raffle-style doesn't work? Literally just pre-register during a certain 24-48 hour window or whatever and pull names/numbers out of hat livestreaming on Youtube. Winners get barred from entering again. Limit the number of entrances to 3 per person so they can bid on which one they want to potentially win. I think you guys are over thinking this.

ugotmale

I've been trying for one for close to a year, without success, so I'm not a fan of the current situation.
My feeling is, he who makes them can sell them however he pleases, for whatever price he pleases
I just hope he finds a way to have the computer boards made, similar to what TinyMight has done.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I scored one, so I can't complain... wasn't one of my top 3, but I'm still excited as hell. I just kept trying random devices, prolly 30+ times until one went through.

That being said, I still feel bad for others that didn't, especially those that have tried multiple times. And while I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND their frustration.... I'm not that mad at his methods.

I've seen WAY WORSE.... how about a gate opening and everyone pushing each other and running to tables to grab a card first so you can buy an item.... 100 people, 30 items.. just stupid, disabled people are screwed. Another one they threw cards into the audience and several people were arrested for fighting... I'm too old and beat up these days to play those games

But with this you just had to be first to check out in 4 minutes.... without getting errors... it's just luck at that point, everyone clicking the same time... lucky. It's fair enough. It's only advertised online, you only need internet to win the chance to buy... I got tons of errors and right after my order went through the drop was stopped. Barely made it...

Was it frustrating.. HELL YEAH... But don't lie... Were you also super excited during your attempt? I was.. i was mad, excited, confused... honestly... it was fun. Exciting.

If he got the computer "payment" glitches removed I wouldn't have any issues with his method.

All that being said, for any reason if I don't like mine I will sell it at exact cost I paid to the person that can show me (through messenger) that they've been trying the longest to get one.... the most unlucky person will win the chance to buy mine at cost if I don't like it 😆

checkyourlibido

All that being said, for any reason if I don't like mine I will sell it at exact cost I paid to the person that can show me (through messenger) that they've been trying the longest to get one.... the most unlucky person will win the chance to buy mine at cost if I don't like it 😆
You seem like good people. It was frustrating and fun at the same time. I have a similar story. Didn't get my first picks and then started randomly clicking. I was slightly disappointed at first with the one I won. Not disappointed, more envious of the ones that I missed. But the more I look at the pictures, I really think I won the one best suited for me and my personal style and taste.

Anyhow, to people that might have a hard time and didn't get one. I feel for you. But I'm not aware of any new tips or tricks that helped anyone. They are the same trick and tips that I've read between this thread and vaporents. Sometimes you just gotta do your own research. If you really want something, there are many of us that have read every single post on this thread. I have ZERO pity for anyone that didn't do the same and is now complaining about not knowing certain things. I know not everyone has time to read through everything, but it is what it is. There are other vapes out there. But I encourage you to try again next time with your newfound knowledge.

I mean, even the credit card thing, what company has to warn you that YOUR credit card might flag a transaction? Welcome to adulthood and the real world. If you didn't win a vape, at least you learned a basic life lesson about credit cards and foreign transactions. It's better to learn it at your desk at home, instead of while you are on vacation and you can't pay for anything. I know this might be coming across as crass, but when you rant publicly, I am the idiot who will rant back, sorry lol. I have edited this several times before hitting send, just because it was too mean, I think this is better, but I'm high AF. But I do wish everyone on here the very best in the future. May the odds be ever in your favor.

@funkyjunky thanks for what you said. It makes perfect sense. Don't do anything you don't want to do. I really think this should be about what's easiest for you. I want your heart and soul to be focused on these awesome high quality vapes. I'll just remind you, "the customer is always right." It's a great quote that's often misunderstood by us customers. The complete quote is "the customer is always right, in matters of taste." So I appreciate that you have the custom option for different tastes and preferences that people have. But by the huge demand it's clear that you have fulfilled "the customer is always right in matters of taste."

thunderstealer1337

another drop and like usual - more complaints, lol try to compete for shoes like jordan drops, this is nothing in comparison - for instance click to be in line of thousands just with the hope to even checkout.... haha, at least here he lets you checkout and does refunds as needed

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The website has been updated, now showing the ones that have sold... I think what is left:
- two tone zircote with green burl (silver)
- fire red orange box elder burl (silver)
- four marble wood w dyed color burls
- two olive ash burl (blue and red)
- black locust burl (blue)
- curly black heart mango (blue)
- london plane lacewood burl (black)
- spalted box wood (blue)
- brazilian walnut burl (silver)
- blue dyed yellow cedar burl (blue) below:

Screenshot-20220614-020047.png

@GoldenBud so yours has the fire orange with black box elder burl actually, and the other panel is, I think, the blue dyed yellow cedar burl above... Right? Cool contrast:
Screenshot-20220614-013343.png

Last edited:

jbm

I mean, even the credit card thing, what company has to warn you that YOUR credit card might flag a transaction? Welcome to adulthood and the real world. If you didn't win a vape, at least you learned a basic life lesson about credit cards and foreign transactions.
Especially given that the credit card issue has been discussed extensively on multiple occasions in this thread,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Especially given that the credit card issue has been discussed extensively on multiple occasions in this thread,
Even if your financial institution is given advance notice of an upcoming international purchase, there are/were still issues with the payment processor. This happened to me in the Jan ‘21 drop (first one I participated in). I emailed Ralph afterward and he acknowledged the issue as I hadn’t done anything wrong. He’s a great dude trying his best and doing the drops his way. The server load from the drop isn’t working well with how/where his inventory is stored. I don’t know specifics but it’s obviously an issue. Hopefully it’ll be ironed out for good for the sake of future drops.

Again, if you missed out this time it’s worth your patience and wait to obtain one. It took me 4 drops spanning 9 months (and I couldn’t participate in the 3rd one as I was away). I’ll say it’s a bit more powerful than my Tinymight (which I also love) and the heater signature is really strong and consistent. Not sure what else I can say other than the P80 delivers the goods, almost desktop-like, in the size that it is. They are works of art too to enhance the experience. IF I were to get a second P80 - as a backup of course :) - it would be a custom. Not sure yet what that would entail but something custom as I could certainly wait for however long it takes. Having one, a prebuilt, it’s awesome and nearly perfect in performance. Battery life is my only negative and it’s not terribly bad either but could be a bit better. Here’s my prebuilt from the September ‘21 drop:

:peace:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I wanted to add a note to my order asking for some local chocolates... but then I got scared he'd actually do it, then they'd melt and mess up my nice new vape 😆

But getting a vape from Switzerland and not getting chocolate seems like a failed opportunity if you ask me.... maybe I'm just fat haha...

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I wanted to add a note to my order asking for some local chocolates... but then I got scared he'd actually do it, then they'd melt and mess up my nice new vape 😆

But getting a vape from Switzerland and not getting chocolate seems like a failed opportunity if you ask me.... maybe I'm just fat haha...
Ask for chocolate in the wintertime so it won’t melt on the way :). It’s a noble thought - Swiss chocolate is hard to beat. Then again so is the P80! :peace:

EDIT: I’ll also add the P80 is very easy to maintain and clean! Among the easiest of all my vapes!

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
another drop and like usual - more complaints, lol try to compete for shoes like jordan drops, this is nothing in comparison - for instance click to be in line of thousands just with the hope to even checkout.... haha, at least here he lets you checkout and does refunds as needed
This is a bad take. I have my own thoughts on Jordan’s, but they aren’t one-of-kind items like the p80. I think people make a valid point that something built so intentionally is frustrating to shop for in a sneaker head-like drops. This was the first time you could even look them over ahead of time to try to decide which you liked.

I agree that this is discussed ad nauseum and maybe could be in a separate thread. I think there are easy alternatives (lottos or what have you—require a lamart account with a unique address to prevent someone making 300 accounts, draw 10 of them, #1 picks first, then #2, and on down the line) that would still be easy for Ralph and maybe a little more satisfying for new buyers. No reason to relitigate it over and over, but all of the people pretending this is the only way to sell artisan products like this are being a little short sighted. I mean, I work as a software engineer and modified one of those sneaker head scripts to get a ps5 on launch. It wouldn’t be very fun if I automated buying 10 tetras to resell. Not hard to conceive that this system isn’t an ideal experience for buyers but still empathize with the makers desire to keep the process minimal.

drbadass

I have ZERO pity for anyone that didn't do the same and is now complaining about not knowing certain things. I know not everyone has time to read through everything, but it is what it is. There are other vapes out there. But I encourage you to try again next time with your newfound knowledge.

I mean, even the credit card thing, what company has to warn you that YOUR credit card might flag a transaction? Welcome to adulthood and the real world. If you didn't win a vape, at least you learned a basic life lesson about credit cards and foreign transactions. It's better to learn it at your desk at home, instead of while you are on vacation and you can't pay for anything. I know this might be coming across as crass, but when you rant publicly, I am the idiot who will rant back, sorry lol.

Not sure if this is directed at me since I brought up the tips and tricks you're referring to in your comment but yeah I guess screw me for having stuff going on in my life that prohibits me from reading 185 pages to make sure I'm doing stuff right...If that's the pre-req for not feeling like a sucker then I guess I'm out.

And once again I did the credit card thing first so not sure how that's on me.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I think this system worked better than the previous dorps, as it gets refined I think it will improve until it's perfect that's obviously @funkyjunky's objective. If you have ideas on how to improve it I'm sure he'd welcome them if they truly improve the flow to eliminate some of his integration pains. I know he has had issues for a few years, and I thought this drop went fairly smoothly. I could not get anything at 9:04 PM, but that's the whole idea behind a drop, the quick get-in, and the slow lose-out. This gives all people regardless of how long they have been waiting for a tetra a fair shake. If you have constructive ideas PM him. But to just complain about no solution or thoughts on how to make the system better is not fair. It's improved immensely over the years and is quite good now. The processor has always been a problem. Hopefully, he can eventually change them and there should be no more issues at all.

Speaking way out of my place. But he is one of the most honest and accommodating guys you will meet on here, so don't jump to conspiracy theories just ready yourself for next week's drop, now you know the demand is there because the product is amazing,

Good luck to all and myself :)

Longtime lurker, first time posting because I'm so excited I was able to land a unit I had to tell someone lol was able to grab the Maple Burl / Black unit, which still blows my mind because it was by far my favorite unit of the drop! I cannot wait for this beautiful device to get to me!

2206tp80mapleburlblack-1200x1200.jpg

Was so unprepared for actually landing one of these I still need to pick out stem options to go with it lol, really was not expecting to get so lucky after a couple previous failed attempts. Already have one 18mm spiky glass stem I can use and was gonna grab one of his as a spare, then was gonna grab one short and one medium wooden stem, long seems like overkill lol short and medium I have in mind, think they would match the wood of the P80 well.

Really this is just a post to show off how lucky I was because I've got no where else to shout about it lol

Likun

Top Bottom