Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Not sure, but iirc it was only about $10 to change the color on the custom

That is different, on a custom it is not built yet, and I mentioned it was 5 more if you want red or silver, 15 more if you want black or bronze...

Aside from that @CanikUser19 you also have the cost shipping back and forth, and potential rebuild costs, which would probably be pretty reasonable? My guess is like $60 or so total, but it is a complete guess... You'll just have to wait for an answer from Ralph!

Edit: also, what is everyone’s favorite WPA?

I just use any male to male adapter, but I use my RBT ones a lot which gets a little more room for the basket screen load away from the heater, and I have a couple that are non-frosted non-ground glass... I am getting a couple new RBT WPA with handles from Good Vibes Boro, along with a hook and bent stem from him, they seem really nice!

Otherwise though the standard Lamart WPA with the handle is pretty great, although it doesn't fit all 14 mm because of the multi tip, it is good for all 18 mm and you have the option of loading inside the full joint with the glass honeycomb screens...

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
That is different, on a custom it is not built yet, and I mentioned it was 5 more if you want red or silver, 15 more if you want black or bronze...

Aside from that @CanikUser19 you also have the cost shipping back and forth, and potential rebuild costs, which would probably be pretty reasonable? My guess is like $60 or so total, but it is a complete guess... You'll just have to wait for an answer from Ralph!
Yeah, I sent him a message and will be patient awaiting a response. But I’m sure it will cost a little coin, figuring $60 minimum on shipping back and forth. But if I make the change then it’s a keeper, and I can be done unless I get another custom slot at some point (how long will Funky’s P80 stash last?).

And regarding WPA, like Snacks said any ole male to male with a basket screen has worked for me, the Tetra heater does not seem to be picky at all about what I grab for bubbler use, it effectively extracts every time.

Shit Snacks

Yeah, I sent him a message and will be patient awaiting a response. But I’m sure it will cost a little coin, figuring $60 minimum on shipping back and forth. But if I make the change then it’s a keeper, and I can be done unless I get another custom slot at some point (how long will Funky’s P80 stash last?).

Oh, right, sorry, I forgot you were in Canada! More for shipping sounds about right then... Yeah it's funny how sometimes the mod color just sets it off, I was thinking I could only go with a silver or bronze mod, but I totally came around on the blue with the right woods... Was joking with someone else the other day, how the P80 mod is probably sold out everywhere because funky bought all the stock to pile for long-term :rofl:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Oh, right, sorry, I forgot you were in Canada! More for shipping sounds about right then... Yeah it's funny how sometimes the mod color just sets it off, I was thinking I could only go with a silver or bronze mod, but I totally came around on the blue with the right woods... Was joking with someone else the other day, how the P80 mod is probably sold out everywhere because funky bought all the stock to pile for long-term :rofl:
Good ole USA brother, but I was thinking a little extra insurance add on for piece of mind. I’ve had this particular TP-80 as a backup since 3/2021, and it’s never been used. It was a mad dash purchase. As soon as my wife saw it, she said what I was thinking, “a black mod would look better”. So I’ve always wanted to change it if I decided to keep it, but never a priority with three other Tetra heaters to choose from. It’s all mental, no one sees it but me, but still…I know you understand Snacks, sometimes you just want what you want.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Good ole USA brother, but I was thinking a little extra insurance add on for piece of mind. I’ve had this particular TP-80 as a backup since 3/2021, and it’s never been used. It was a mad dash purchase. As soon as my wife saw it, she said what I was thinking, “a black mod would look better”. So I’ve always wanted to change it if I decided to keep it, but never a priority with three other Tetra heaters to choose from. It’s all mental, no one sees it buy me, but still…I know you understand Snacks, sometimes you just want what you want.

Oh! Then my mistake haha Yeah extra insurance and speed and tracking is nice, from Lamart I've always done the cheapest no tracking option without issues, when I sent my original tubo in I did have tracking and insurance though... And yes of course I know exactly what you mean haha part of how I had to have this one, but it was a tough choice because there were so many I really liked this round! Anyway you should probably share a photo of that one here ;)

Lyonafa

Haha I have a pretty good idea of what was available, and plenty of photos, tell me something about it, what does it say??
The description was "TETRA P80 - zebrano / blue / fire purple boxelder burl" :) I already know what is zebra no wood. But no clue about "fire purple boxelder burl"
Thank you

Shit Snacks

The description was "TETRA P80 - zebrano / blue / fire purple boxelder burl" :) I already know what is zebra no wood. But no clue about "fire purple boxelder burl"
Thank you

Oh cool, those were all great, that one is especially unique, but I did not get the picture of it from the website that showed one side and the drum barrel with the fire and the purple... However you can see part of it here from the photo on Instagram:

Screenshot-20220612-222530.png

This is a perfect example of not being enough characters to describe the entire piece precisely, the two on the left use teal purple bird's eye maple, but yours is the top right-- with the fully purple bird's eye maple panel as you see here with a middle black wood panel (wenge perhaps?) and you can sort of see the top notch of the third panel, which is the orange fire box elder burl...

Screenshot-20220612-223203.png

Which looks just like this one above on the left side of this similar style marble wood one on the left (this one uses a panel of the purple box elder burl as you can see) and on the right is actually the only purple and orange box elder burl from the drop (similar to pasoa's gorgeous custom unit maybe?)

I hope this makes sense to and helps you, until funky shares the site photos again...?

smith.street.band

Damn i got confirmation at midnight that my Zebrano /blue / fire purple boxelder burl was confirmed “order is in”.

When i woke up i had received a mail at 2am saying it was sold twice. BUT he had a zebrano with teal accents i could get instead. Almost broke my heart. Hopes i csn still get it even though i didnt respond until 6am when i woke up

Shit Snacks

Oh damn @smith.street.band maybe you can work it out with @Lyonafa then if they don't mind which zebra wood, if they like one of the teal ones above (one of them has all three of the drum barrel panels teal maple) unless the marble wood one above is still available and interests you too... but he probably would have said as much if so?

smith.street.band

Oh damn @smith.street.band maybe you can work it out with @Lyonafa then if they don't mind which zebra wood, if they like one of the teal ones above (one of them has all three of the drum barrel panels teal maple) unless the marble wood one above is still available and interests you too... but he probably would have said as much if so?
Im actually more happy about the one he offered me than the one I “picked” yesterday. So it’s all good. Im just waiting for that 4th mail finally confirming i got a P80 🤞🏻

Shit Snacks

Im actually more happy about the one he offered me than the one I “picked” yesterday. So it’s all good. Im just waiting for that 4th mail finally confirming i got a P80 🤞🏻

Oh okay, yeah I think you're all good, I saw the zebra with teal were still available at the end when everything was crashing and the drop was put on hold :tup: (which one btw?)

Shit Snacks

Great 😄 he just wrote a zebrano one with teal accents, so Im really hoping it is the middle one on the pic you posted earlier. That one is radass!

Woo! You can ask him to specify, in case both of them are available and you really want that one more:
Screenshot-20220613-015649.png

because I actually agree with you, I really like the zebra wood grain of the one on top, though they are both very nice...

FML I just totally forgot about the drop :(.
By the time I remembered it was already over.
I was hoping to score one of those two-tone burl units with a black mod.
Well maybe next drop in a year or so.

I'm sorry my dude, if you skim through the past few pages you will see that the drop was halted near the end as the payment processor crashed so there will be another mini drop with the leftovers soon...

Either way the next drop was not going to be in a year haha he is going to do another one sooner than later, that long break is over and this was a very big drop (but two tone amboyna burl was actually held back for personal use btw and I'm pretty sure the half black half fire orange one was already sold and the two tone zircote but there are some regular burl and dyed cedar burl left I think, we'll see soon though and like I said there will be another bigger drop again soon with some really nice fancy burls and woods)

smith.street.band

Woo! You can ask him to specify, in case both of them are available and you really want that one more:
Screenshot-20220613-015649.png

because I actually agree with you, I really like the zebra wood grain of the one on top, though they are both very nice...

They are both beautiful. I do prefer the top one. Im thinking Ralph is pretty busy right now, so Im not gonna bother him for pics just yet

DryBonesufo

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Congrats to those who got through the drop yesterday! I thought about trying for something, but I was traveling (learning to scuba dive!) and had a bit of a fiasco with my rental car.

They’re fabulous units, but I do think a lottery system might make more sense than doing those drops. Single point of failure on a website is a huge bummer. Still, I’ll see what’s left for the upcoming mini drop. A custom would be neat to go wild with, and I really love mine—it’s my daily driver—so having a backup would be neat.

checkyourlibido

Congrats to those who got through the drop yesterday! I thought about trying for something, but I was traveling (learning to scuba dive!) and had a bit of a fiasco with my rental car.

They’re fabulous units, but I do think a lottery system might make more sense than doing those drops. Single point of failure on a website is a huge bummer. Still, I’ll see what’s left for the upcoming mini drop. A custom would be neat to go wild with, and I really love mine—it’s my daily driver—so having a backup would be neat.
Very fair comments.

It was frustrating for me yesterday. But only 1 person seems to have been double ordered. And I'm sure the hassle will be well worth it in the future. Tech can screw us all over from time to time. I prefer the way the waitlist is for the Nomad over a lottery system. But at the end of the day, these are small artisan shops without much manpower. I'm down for whatever they decide is best for them. I'll take an hour of frustration, instead of an artisan feeling annoyed by having to handle sales in a manner that they don't enjoy.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Still, I’ll see what’s left for the upcoming mini drop.
Where? I just checked the site under P80s and I don’t see anything listed. They were all there a couple of days (maybe 3) before yesterday’s drop. Just not seeing the holdover units now. Not that I’m fully committed, at least not another prebuilt, but I’d perhaps try for a custom if any custom slots are still open. Not sure how many of the 15 (or 20) were actually filled yesterday. :peace:

Top Bottom