Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone know if the minivap medium basket screens fit in p80 mouthpieces? Ive tried cloudevo ELB baskets but they dont work so well with p80 stems in my experience. These look like a good middle ground between the standard basket screens and the larger elb.

Little tip too, you can turn the rimmed basket screens into caps if you smash them, then you have mini ELBs :whoa::haw:

templeton

Oh boy I wanna see what you cooked up. Using my right angle jhook with my new P80 vapes well but ergonomically a bit weird, what did you and Mike decide upon?
I obviously hit the vrod too hard. J-hook, not j-stem (previous post has been edited). I will definitely post pictures of the setup once I receive the new glass. Can’t say enough good things about Mike/OGB. I stole my idea from a previous post from @Kinick23 after searching through literally every page of this thread lol.

Mr. White

Be good or be good at it.
Well this morning I went and looked on lamart.ch and my order updated from building to packaging. So I'm guessing it will ship out tomorrow hopefully.

Just noticed Ralph also sent an email saying it was the mod itself that was bad but he also replaced the heater just in case.

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Well this morning I went and looked on lamart.ch and my order updated from building to packaging. So I'm guessing it will ship out tomorrow hopefully.

Just noticed Ralph also sent an email saying it was the mod itself that was bad but he also replaced the heater just in case.
Ditto: got same email and that it’s shipping soon. Mine was a P80 mod issue too and a heater swap was done. I haven’t checked my account and trust it’ll be sent soon. I appreciate the customer service update. Can’t wait! :):peace:

RelaxedNow

After a minor postal service error, which delayed delivery by one day, I received #84 yesterday morning. Here’s one of Funky’s photos;

I almost couldn’t wait to try it out, but had plans so I didn’t want to risk couch-lock. I finally got to it early evening, and I can say I’m really happy with it. It hits harder and faster than my original Tubo, which was previously my favorite vape. The big surprise for me, even though others had mentioned it, was the great flavor at low temps (BONUS….I don’t use water, so low temps, 320-380F, are where I mostly hang out).

Wow, I just want to keep hitting it, but I have responsibilities. :\

After a while I received the P80 I could get from last drop, but I have some questions:
1) First thing I tried was to update the firmware, but once I connected the device to the computer there was no way for it to be recognised... Is that normal? Maybe there is no need anymore to update the firmware?

2) I had bought three new batteries (Sony Vtc6) but even if fully charged there isn't a single battery that doesn't drop to 60/70% after the first warm-up. In general I can't extract much from each session, the avb stays green... And messages like "Weak battery" and "low battery" keep appearing every puff...it's annoying. Is it a mod problem or what?

Thank you in advance!

GoldenBud

After a while I received the P80 I could get from last drop, but I have some questions:
1) First thing I tried was to update the firmware, but once I connected the device to the computer there was no way for it to be recognised... Is that normal? Maybe there is no need anymore to update the firmware?

2) I had bought three new batteries (Sony Vtc6) but even if fully charged there isn't a single battery that doesn't drop to 60/70% after the first warm-up. In general I can't extract much from each session, the avb stays green... And messages like "Weak battery" and "low battery" keep appearing every puff...it's annoying. Is it a mod problem or what?

Thank you in advance!
1) probably the maker did that for you already, probably you don't need to upgrade. ask him. if needed, use high quality data supported micro-usb cable, use NFE Tools to see/upgrade your fw

2) how sure are you that the batteries are all genuine? it didn't happen to me until my vtc6 was like 6-8 monthes old
can you please, weight the battery and see if that is around 46.6gr?

Shit Snacks

Thank you in advance!

Yeah he definitely has you already on the most recent firmware, you just received it, there's no reason to plug it in and try to update the firmware!

Yeah potential knockoff batteries could be the reason here, sometimes certain batteries could cause those kind of areas and you might need a pop them out and put them back in, but if the batteries themselves are not good then yeah you would have this problem consistently unfortunately...

Shit Snacks,

Seantagon

Can anyone give me an estimate of how long it takes to get a Tetra P80 once your name is on the drop list? I tried searching his post to see how long it was in between drops and couldn’t find anything. I just got email for the Nomad 2 wait list and that’s about 6-12 month for a spot to open followed by a month or so for creation/shipping. I might just cave in and grab a TM. I need a nice on demand sooner than later.

Seantagon,

BubbleDrop

Can anyone give me an estimate of how long it takes to get a Tetra P80 once your name is on the drop list?
Do you mean the mailing list ?
The mailing list will inform you when the next drop takes place. And then you have to be there right on time !
I tried searching his post to see how long it was in between drops and couldn’t find anything.
I think it's around 3 months between drops.

BubbleDrop,

Vaporific

The mailing list will inform you when the next drop takes place. And then you have to be there right on time !

Search for @pinetrrizzle who keeps and posts a list of the drops. They’re about every 8-12 weeks. Hoping mine arrives within the next week two from the late August drop - can’t wait! :peace:

Last edited:

Seantagon

Aww so your not even guaranteed one? That’s unfortunate. Thanks for the info though.

Seantagon,

Vaporific

It’s the Hunger Games experience for vape drops, but worth the carnage and disappointment of failure when you finally score one.
Loose translation: the drops are lotteries, first come first served. Each drop offers a certain number of units: pre-built (sold as-is) and/or custom slots. Not all drops may offer custom slots however like the last one at the end of August which did not. You can accessorize any order, pre-built or custom; if you secure a custom slot you’ll work with Ralph on what you want. The drops go quick, like 5 mins or less so you need to be fast and ‘hungry” I guess, lol. It’s also feasible that you may think you’ve successfully ordered only to get a message saying you didn’t get the unit; for custom slots, if you’re declined in this way you can try another time and, if you don’t score a custom in a subsequent drop then you’ll automatically get a slot the next drop (that’s what I understand). Hope this helps (lots of drop info throughout this thread), and my the drop be with you… :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Ripstar

Shit Snacks

Aww so your not even guaranteed one? That’s unfortunate. Thanks for the info though.

Yeah your name is not on any list, you're just subscribed to receive newsletter updates, for when the drop is happening... If during the drop, you proceed and order one, but then get refunded, if that happens twice then your name is on the list for a custom... The list will tell you when the next drop is, and then yeah it's a mad rush, with them selling out in minutes, skim through the thread for all the tips if you want to try for one :tup:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Ripstar

jbm

The list will tell you when the next drop is, and then yeah it's a mad rush, with them selling out in minutes, skim through the thread for all the tips if you want to try for one
If you do some prep beforehand you can get a unit. I got one the first time I tried. I asked here what to do. If you want a custom, don’t waste time looking around. Grab the custom, put anything in the options, but make sure you check the “Let’s talk” option. That signifies that you can work out your options after you’ve scored the slot. Check out. Make sure your bank is cool with overseas orders. Order something small beforehand so that your bank doesn’t decline the order on drop day. Create an account. Load the order page and be logged in the day of the drop. When the drop happens, put the custom in your cart and buy the damn thing. Don’t look at all the pretty acrylics. Just order the custom. If you’ve done your homework and are prepared, you’ll get one. You’re not going to load the webpage for the first time when the drop starts and get one. Don’t assume anything - about your bank, your browser, how many slots there are. Do the legwork.

Vaporific

Order something small beforehand so that your bank doesn’t decline the order on drop day.

Don’t assume anything - about your bank, your browser, how many slots there are
Transactions may be flagged by amount. This happened to me when I ordered a stem the day before the drop - no issue and no flagging. However the drop order for a P80 was still flagged and I had to acknowledge a notification from my credit card company to let it go through. Read, digest tons of drop info above and be a little patient. I scored a pre-built during the 3rd drop I participated in; the first had issues with the financial engine used by the site and then my bank actually declined 3 transactions during the second one. Hence I got new credit card just for the drop, which worked, however the amount charged may still come under scrutiny and get flagged as mine did. Good luck. :peace:

Seantagon

Thanks for the info everyone! I have had similar buying experiences online when buying a new iPhone (before pre orders (and then again when pre ordering a pre order smh)) or shoes. Great advice I’ll make sure to set up everything right away. Makes sense about just choosing custom if available as you can just choose one of the pre made designs if you really like it. Unless it cost more for a custom? I wonder what I’ll be able to pick up first one of these or a Nomad II 😅

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the info everyone! I have had similar buying experiences online when buying a new iPhone (before pre orders (and then again when pre ordering a pre order smh)) or shoes. Great advice I’ll make sure to set up everything right away. Makes sense about just choosing custom if available as you can just choose one of the pre made designs if you really like it. Unless it cost more for a custom? I wonder what I’ll be able to pick up first one of these or a Nomad II 😅

It actually can be cheaper to get a custom, because you can choose a more basic option, often pre-built units are super gorgeous high-end models, but usually there is a mix! You can try the used market as well of course, either way patience is necessary...

Shit Snacks,

Makroskop

Yeah potential knockoff batteries could be the reason here, sometimes certain batteries could cause those kind of areas and you might need a pop them out and put them back in, but if the batteries themselves are not good then yeah you would have this problem consistently unfortunately.

Ive 7-8x different 186500 BAtteries and only one Batterie working really well with the p80. All other Batteries give me the message at 30-40% "low battery"

But all other batteries work great on the TM. So i dont really understand this problem, because the TM can empty all the other batteries without this problems.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

But all other batteries work great on the TM. So i dont really understand this problem, because the TM can empty all the other batteries without this problems.
in each temperature in the TM? maybe it uses less Wattage and you don't know it, you got the best batteries? Molicel P26A or so? 25A rated? and also depends how old your batteries etc'

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Makroskop
Top Bottom