Tetra P80

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Really good looking batch again and the acrylic designs seem more refined each drop.

How much are the acrylic pre-builts shipped to the US these days?
$352.09 for mine which included an extra battery and nub stem. I also chose the cheapest shipping option. And this will vary due to currency exchange rates, but the above was quoted by my credit card company - which I intentionally got a new card for the explicit purpose of ordering a P80. And it worked, except there was a glitch or two with it during the drop and likely due to all the web and transaction traffic. Can’t wait for mine to arrive in a few weeks. :peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah the lowest you can probably get an acrylic one shipped to the US would be around $330 with no extras... I got hit with an extra $5 international fee as well!

Interesting, was under impression that area didn't really get dirty. Are they ways to keep it more clean? Like, do you loosely pack the basket screen or is it better to sort of tamp the herb into the basket screen so that it's less likely to fall down into that bottom screen area?
Have a couple S&B brushes, so good to know they can be used to brush out the area safely though.

If you take the first hit upside down, the load will stay seated in the basket screen as long as it was not loaded super loose chunky course bits, however I prefer to take every hit with the tetra upside down typically, using other glass pieces. So many use options!

Datoneguy

Yeah the lowest you can probably get an acrylic one shipped to the US would be around $330 with no extras... I got hit with an extra $5 international fee as well!

If you take the first hit upside down, the load will stay seated in the basket screen as long as it was not loaded super loose chunky course bits, however I prefer to take every hit with the tetra upside down typically, using other glass pieces. So many use options!
Thanks for the tip! First hit upside down seems like solid idea.

Datoneguy

Another question for you guys, did you perform any sort of burn off before use?
Or is there anything that should be wipes with iso before use?

Datoneguy,

GoldenBud

he calibrates the device before shipping, it means that it was tested at 260c already, some kind of burnoff is already made, maybe blow some air from the heater side to clear any dust or so....

Shit Snacks

You can turn the tetra upside down, to wipe the female glass joint with iso dampened q-tip gently, and make sure to clean all glass stems of course, but yeah the heater should already be burned in, you can do a quick cruise just to confirm though, easy enough!

Vaporific

Got this from Ralph/Lamart today:

“unfortunately your order had a problem in final inspection and i will need to open it up to see whats up. it will take a bit longer for it to ship. sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the patience”

I replied immediately thanking him for the update and honesty. I told him I appreciated the fact it will be corrected and not to rush to get it correct. Customer service is top notch! Can’t say anything else other than he’s awesome. Looking forward to my new P80 whenever it arrives. :peace:

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
My fave stem (ed's )to enjoy my tetra and my herb...
I prefer this, over the Lamart s couse I am joint loader and almost full with that custom basket screen as cup
contains less than Lamart stems loaded respectively, others with a normal basket screen as cup....
I estimate it at around 200 to 250 ml - depending on how loose it is.

20210903-180859.jpg

Joint loading (between the 15mm screen of the stem and the 19mm basket) is how to keep the heater's clean as far as It can,
basket 19mm loads is what i like, Just because it's for Microdosers.
i just don't want to use the joint load, it will raise my tolerance. but used it yesterday, with the long bent stem. the taste is unreal.
the taste stays good even if you don't clean it, but after the cleaning process is smells so pure, 100% taste
By joint load I mean the second option here, with the 19mm basket as a cap :
loadingthestem.jpg

Last edited:

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
It is not difficult at all. Initially I had the screens from ed's, but after 2-3 years, I use regular screens and trim the edges a bit.
I use the mp from vapor genie in all of my stems for tetra, because I like to reduce a bit the airflow, ...
20210904-144041.jpg

Edit To edit in my previous post, that it holds around 200-250 mg not ml

Last edited:

Vaporific

When you fill the basket screens, that's all you need and they're easy to find and replace and clean, I never replace the joint screens :tup:
Does the P80 come with a basket screen? I have a couple of different types, rimless and rimmed, one or both I’m hoping will work. Always good to have spare accessories, especially screens and orings. :peace:

Shit Snacks

Does the P80 come with a basket screen? I have a couple of different types, rimless and rimmed, one or both I’m hoping will work. Always good to have spare accessories, especially screens and orings. :peace:

Each stem comes with a screen in the joint and a rimmed basket screen. Most any rimmed basket screen will work well, it's not like the custom one from TM, you can buy them in bulk though they are reasonably priced from Lamart... With glass variance it depends on the stems, so yeah there are stems that I like to use internal rimless basket screens instead, endless variable options with the standard connections here!

TeaCup

Hey guys. I just scored a used TetraX from a buddy, does anyone use Arctic Fox instead of Tubo? I have a bunch of unused mods that all have AF on them and I'm comfortable using it, is it necessary to use Tubo? I know Ralph ships them with the provided temperature control and PID numbers, but aside from those and having eco and pre-heating modes, what else would I be missing. Thanks alot.

Top Bottom