Tetra P80

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
It is all relative, if you feel like your temperature settings are not accurate for your own usage style, there are instructions about bumping up the resistance slightly... Never done it myself so I don't want to provide them off of a guess lol
I’ve done that and it did lower my preferred setting by 15 but i didn’t want to go too fat

GoldenBud

I’ve done that and it did lower my preferred setting by 15 but i didn’t want to go too fat
if the glass is cold, you can go 500F on-demand no more than 1-2 seconds of preheat! Improvaper does this way with his tubo evic, i will try it next week with my fixed TUBOx, too much preheat and it will combust for sure.. hehe

Another thing... My glass insert, of the wooden stem... is stucked, too much reclaim I guess, to my wooden tubo stem. used it with my vapcap.. how to release the glass insert? the flat side of the pick tool... tried it.. didn't work so well..but didn't try it too strong

GoldenBud,

thunderstealer1337

That was just a reddit thread full of people speculating. Neither the OP nor anyone else (save some guy who claimed to work for Molicel's international distributor...) provided any proof they were fake. Lots of folk even posited that the stamp not being quite as clean was likely due to them using a new stamp when they added in a new year code to their lot schema in 2020, which makes more sense to me than this being evidence of 18650 battery store selling fakes.

You'll get no argument from me that fake p26a's aren't out there, its why folks advise avoiding amazon. However, you're accusing one of the two more trusted battery vendors of providing you with a fake. I'm sure lots of people would like to confirm that if its true as we'd probably adjust our battery purchasing, but I'm not seeing anything in this thread other than speculation because a cell didn't perform as expected for someone that it was fake. Both of the wrappers above are adhering to the schema molicel laid out in the Datasheet I linked earlier. According to the spec sheet, the QR codes should have the lot info embedded. I'm not sure what that means without looking at how QR codes are created, but presumably its going to display a matching lot code when you scan it and not take you to a website somewhere as most do.

I'm just suggesting that this might be something explained by all kinds of legit reasons (user error, unrealistic expectations, battery charger used, age of the cell, ambient temp when charging) and that I'm not seeing anything convincing me that 18650 knowingly or unknowingly sold counterfeits.
lol you should reread my post

I did not have performance issues until after 6-9+?months of use - which is normal, and only looked into them when the last lot I got had horribly wrapped batteries - did you see the pictures?

That lead me to googling images of the batteries, im not gonna read multiple threads and just focused on Mooch's findings:

Bench Test Results: Molicel P26A 35A 2600mAh 18650...only 25A but beats VTC5A, equals 25S
Bottom Line: This appears to be the cell that was rewrapped for the green Vapcell 25A 2600mAh and Ampking 35A-45A 2600mAh cells. It is a great performer that beats the Sony VTC5A, equals the Samsung 25S, and almost equals the Samsung 24S or Sony VTC6A.
E-One Moli Energy Corp. (“Moli”) and N-Power Energy, Ltd (their distributor for the vaping community) sent me four cells from Taiwan for testing that they said were Grade A. This will allow me to detect when a battery wrapping company is using unauthorized lower grade cells.

Moli won’t be making this cell directly available to us in its original wrapper, due to agreements with their existing customers, but it is rewrapped by at least two companies so far.

He literally says Molicel cannot wrap these for xyz reasons and are always rewrapped per their agreements, so I dunno how we get Molicel wrapped p26a with various markings and wrappings, his posted picture of his verified 4 sample batteries directly from Molicel only looks like the newest one I got, where the wrap is all fucked up and makes the battery stick.

Yes this post is in 2018, but ppl have still been posting up on that post recently in 2021.

I said "I FEEL" like I got fake ones, and said that distributors could potentially get a fake or counterfeit lot shipment.

Again I feel like they are grade B(fake/counterfeit? not Grade A) just cuz of the piss poor wrapping job - performance I dont see a difference (which I previously stated)

Last edited:
thunderstealer1337,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Hey guys. So I end up having to set my p80 to 470 degrees the get the performance I want. Do I pull too hard
I do the same thing. When people set lower and do the warmup mode, if you pay attention it heats to 470 as well. Once I do get a pull or two, and the herb dries up enough I'll lower the temp. It really is basically the same thing.

Does anyone know where I can find used P80s/ tubo evics?
I've been looking for a backup P-80 for quite a while. Both hard to get, and very expensive. I found a used TetraX and it's basically the same thing as the Tubo Evic with a rubber band, but with the option of switching the oven to each side to avoid the heat going into the palm, and having a cord between oven and mod making waterpipe use less clumsy. As far as the P-80 comparison, well I still haven't loaded in the firmware, but I can't imagine it being any different in performance. It also is less bulky in the hand, and the heat is not on the palm. Additionally it holds 3 batteries. My P-80 holds one, and while popping them in and out is no hassle, it really is a battery eater.

Just offering up another option. I don't see them pop up very often, but if you see it, consider it. You'll even save some money.

So far, this vape really shines through water, but I haven't fallen in love with the dry hits yet. I only have the tank mouthpiece. I think I need more cooling. Thinking about grabbing a stem from 508phineas on IG, but not sure if the male joint will fit? I think his are 19/19, but I believe Lamart mouthpieces use a 19/22 joint. Will this be an issue?

The whip from Lamart intrigues me, but the cool yarn wrapped ones are pretty expensive, and what happens when the whip gets old and nasty? I haven't used a whip vape in a while, but I would always just replace dirty tubing rather than try to clean it. I suppose I could just source my tubing elsewhere - anyone know the sizing of the whips Lamart sells? Finally, would the tank mouthpiece be a good option to attach the whip? Seems like it would, but if anyone has actually done it, let me know!

Another option would be a cooling J-hook. Definitely have my eye on the ones OGB sells. Expensive, but he makes nice stuff!

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
So far, this vape really shines through water, but I haven't fallen in love with the dry hits yet. I only have the tank mouthpiece. I think I need more cooling. Thinking about grabbing a stem from 508phineas on IG, but not sure if the male joint will fit? I think his are 19/19, but I believe Lamart mouthpieces use a 19/22 joint. Will this be an issue?

The whip from Lamart intrigues me, but the cool yarn wrapped ones are pretty expensive, and what happens when the whip gets old and nasty? I haven't used a whip vape in a while, but I would always just replace dirty tubing rather than try to clean it. I suppose I could just source my tubing elsewhere - anyone know the sizing of the whips Lamart sells? Finally, would the tank mouthpiece be a good option to attach the whip? Seems like it would, but if anyone has actually done it, let me know!

Another option would be a cooling J-hook. Definitely have my eye on the ones OGB sells. Expensive, but he makes nice stuff!
With the exception of the nub you would be better with any of the other mouthpieces. My favorite is the bent spikey, but with my medium stem in a very close second.

You'll have a better experience with other mouthpieces.

ghost7ateoh

I also just my P80 from this drop and also got the tank mouthpiece like yourself. My plan was to use this as my portable as I already have a Vrod and Volcano Hybrid that serve me well at home.

So far my experience with the tank mouthpiece has been mediocre at best. I find anything above 195C toasts my herb and I am getting very uneven extraction. The issue with the mouthpiece is that is gets uncomfortably hot after minutes and I cant remove the stems to stir because they are so hot so I must wait until cool-down. I also got a medium wood stem with the spiky glass insert and tried it with caps which was better than the tank but left me a bit unsatisfied and again uneven extraction. I will have to try some more stems and continue experimenting before making my final judgement but so far I can say I'm a little let down considering the hype behind this device.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@Zuhdj that seems absurdly hot to me for a basket screen load, unless you mean you start from cold at that temp like @acstorfer was suggesting or doing a joint pack (I find that as its further away I need to up my heat for those). If that is what you cruise at after getting the boro tubes heat soaked inside of the heater I'd consider pinging Lamart to confirm that your resistance is set appropriately or adjusting it, personally. I find that I see a little vapor as low as 350 and really enjoy doing bowls at 365--at this temp the vapor isn't wispy at all, but its probably not as thick as if I cranked the heater. However, the flavor is much, much better to my palate. Like any temp tastes fantastic on the first hit, but anything after that at 380+ is pretty lacking, and towards the end at 400+ the burnt popcorn taste becomes possible (less subtle as the temp goes up).

@letter never sent I think I'm in disagreement with the vast majority here, but I don't find the bendy spiked stem very effective for cooling. It also gets hot enough that its uncomfortable on my lips during a longer session, but this is true for all of the mouthpieces save the tank ime. As far as cooling the vapor, I personally find that the nub and in particular the tank work much, much better than the bendy spiked or any of the wooden capsule stems (which I'm sad to say I've come to loathe, at least in the short size--the glass gets so hot that I legit burned my lips, so if I'm going to try this portable I guess I'll put up with hot vapor and leave the glass at home unless I'm just doing a hit and putting the vape away for a while). I'm surprised the tank isn't to your liking dry, as its the most effective dry cooling mp I have if I'm not using the whip--its just a more restricted draw than the other MP options.

The whip is fantastic and probably my favorite way to use my p80. This is kind of surprising to me as I previously hated whips, but I guess when I was using them in my younger days we were probably using super cheap shitty whips that weren't made of food-grade silicone, so they imparted a really terrible plastic/rubber taste (an older stoner told my buddies and I that we needed to soak it in coca cola, but getting the stickiness off was impossible so we all just wrote whips off as garbage). Lamart's stock size is pretty short--maybe 2' or so? I initially didn't like this, but I find that due to the nature of the p80 it works well to be holding the vape in one hand and the whip MP in the other instead of trying to treat it as a desktop--if you want something you can set on the table and pass around with friends you'd want to ask for a longer custom whip, presumably. It cools amazingly well and seems to preserve all of the flavor, though. I'm also a little concerned about cleaning it, but I'm told you can carefully pour iso (and in theory salt if its necessary) inside, cover both ends with your thumbs, and slosh it around a bit.

For whatever its worth nothing in my whip indicates that it needs to be cleaned yet despite what I've put through it. I use mine with the nub as it slides right over the tip, so it seems like the vast majority of the reclaim or condensate or whatever you want to call it is inside of the stem proper. I haven't tested it yet and I'd want to ask Ralph, but it seems like in theory it would be possible to put a new piece of silicone in there as well--my tentative plan would be to use something long and flexible that fits into a new whip so I can slow slide the old one out, put this hypothetical object into the yarn, and use it to feed the new piece of silicone through. Can't tell you how effective that will be just yet. I think it would work largely the same on the tank in terms of reclaim ending up in the whip vs the mouthpiece.

For what its worth I actually find that I prefer my WS through water, but I haven't used my p80 that way a toooon just yet. My initial impression was that because the air flow was so wide open the p80 wasn't as effective at milking up a glass piece as my WS. That might be the case (that its closer to just direct drawing than milking something up due to the wide open air flow), but I also noticed that the 14/18 combo WPA leaves a bit to be desired--the 14mm portion isn't quite wide enough, so on 3/4 of my 14mm joints it ends up not creating a complete seal and fresh air makes its way in as well.

Last edited:
@gordontreeman Interesting. The tank MP definitely gets hot on my lips after 2-3 hits on cruise mode. I’m finding I can’t take long enough rips to get the clouds I want. I also use a Woodscents and I find that vape to be more comfortable dry with my glass cooling stems. Definitely considering adding the whip to my order before the spiked bendy comes back in stock - have you tested the fit on the tank MP?

Regarding water use, it’s still early, but I think I prefer the P80 to the WS through my bubbler. I find I can milk the piece even faster than the WS due to the increased airflow and size of the heater. It’s a treat for sure. No issues with the fit here. I have the 14/18 WPA and using it with a 14mm female joint on my goo roo bubbler.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
@gordontreeman Interesting. The tank MP definitely gets hot on my lips after 2-3 hits on cruise mode. I’m finding I can’t take long enough rips to get the clouds I want. I also use a Woodscents and I find that vape to be more comfortable dry with my glass cooling stems. Definitely considering adding the whip to my order before the spiked bendy comes back in stock - have you tested the fit on the tank MP?

Regarding water use, it’s still early, but I think I prefer the P80 to the WS through my bubbler. I find I can milk the piece even faster than the WS due to the increased airflow and size of the heater. It’s a treat for sure. No issues with the fit here. I have the 14/18 WPA and using it with a 14mm female joint on my goo roo bubbler.
You're being too kind to the tank. You seemed to forget the initial not too good airflow, which clogs pretty easily to make it terrible. Then the draw has to be much harder, adding more heat up the MP, and then combustion.

acstorfer,

gordontreeman

Yeah I'm not sure why everyone has such a different impression of the tank than me @letter never sent. The draw is restricted, but its a trade I happily make for a piece that stays cool on my lips and offers substantial cooling dry. The only thing I can think is that when I look at your pictures (and others in this thread) it seems like the little protruding piece has a larger inner diameter while mine is pretty small--maybe that extra restriction + glass leads to the cooling that I enjoy. Its a long draw, but I take some bong-sized rips through mine all the time.

And yeah, with a poorly fitting WPA its hard for me to really compare how well it milks up a glass piece through water. I've just been using it with my little biao t sake bottle, and neither WPA offers a very good fit there. It fits well in a dhgate ash catcher I've got, so maybe I'll give that a go. I can try the whip on the tank later today to at least confirm it fits and seals well on the mouthpiece if you'd like (work call coming up and these days with wfh I never shower until I have to get onto zoom ;)).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

The second 19 just refers to the length of the joint, so yes it will fit, Lamart can even fit some stems that are longer than 22, 19/26 is the other standard size, can be hit or miss! All glass varies, that's why some stems wobble etc.

The whip from Lamart intrigues me, but the cool yarn wrapped ones are pretty expensive, and what happens when the whip gets old and nasty? I haven't used a whip vape in a while, but I would always just replace dirty tubing rather than try to clean it. I suppose I could just source my tubing elsewhere - anyone know the sizing of the whips Lamart sells?

I don't know the exact size, but it is real silicone tubing, much higher quality than a lot of other crappy vape tubing that I would consider disposable as well... As such it is pretty easy to clean, cover one end and poor ISO in the other, shake and or let sit a bit, should get it pretty clean! I actually have not cleaned mine yet though I've had it a long time, I don't use it too often for that reason, but I do love it!

Finally, would the tank mouthpiece be a good option to attach the whip? Seems like it would, but if anyone has actually done it, let me know!

No I don't think so, it would restrict the airflow too much and it also does not have around mouthpiece so I don't think it would seal quite as well... The new micro cooling stem should work well though, as would the nub, but you can also just get a 19mm male whip adapter from somewhere else (I have a right angle one from Amazon maybe, and a little straight one from ddave)

100% get yourself a J hook, I don't think it's that important to shell out for the spikes though, there are a lot of other options outside of OGB now, take a look at the J-Hook thread, plenty of stuff from US cellars and a broad, a lot of different options that would be good for the tetra...

I will say though, getting a nice glass piece, like I got these tall spiky tubes from China, are really fun to use dry with the tetra too! Sure it's great through water, but you don't necessarily even need the water...

I'm surprised the tank isn't to your liking dry, as its the most effective dry cooling mp I have if I'm not using the whip--its just a more restricted draw than the other MP options.

Yeah and the tank is really more for on-demand use in my experience...

The whip is fantastic and probably my favorite way to use my p80. This is kind of surprising to me as I previously hated whips, but I guess when I was using them in my younger days we were probably using super cheap shitty whips that weren't made of food-grade silicone, so they imparted a really terrible plastic/rubber taste (an older stoner told my buddies and I that we needed to soak it in coca cola, but getting the stickiness off was impossible so we all just wrote whips off as garbage). Lamart's stock size is pretty short--maybe 2' or so? I initially didn't like this, but I find that due to the nature of the p80 it works well to be holding the vape in one hand and the whip MP in the other instead of trying to treat it as a desktop--if you want something you can set on the table and pass around with friends you'd want to ask for a longer custom whip, presumably. It cools amazingly well and seems to preserve all of the flavor, though. I'm also a little concerned about cleaning it, but I'm told you can carefully pour iso (and in theory salt if its necessary) inside, cover both ends with your thumbs, and slosh it around a bit.

Exactly, it is a high quality web, I did not even need to do anything with mine to use it first, it tasted purely neutral when it arrived way back when... The wrapping makes it so nice and yes it is the best cooling for sure!

For whatever its worth nothing in my whip indicates that it needs to be cleaned yet despite what I've put through it. I use mine with the nub as it slides right over the tip, so it seems like the vast majority of the reclaim or condensate or whatever you want to call it is inside of the stem proper.

Yeah and after many uses mine still doesn't taste like it needs to be cleaned yet either, and I'm not even using enough, just a plain whip adapter, but you are right most of the reclaim is going right into that glass, and even more so if you are using a cooling stem for sure...

I haven't tested it yet and I'd want to ask Ralph, but it seems like in theory it would be possible to put a new piece of silicone in there as well--my tentative plan would be to use something long and flexible that fits into a new whip so I can slow slide the old one out, put this hypothetical object into the yarn, and use it to feed the new piece of silicone through. Can't tell you how effective that will be just yet.

Oh I don't think this sounds possible, they are wrapped pretty tight and silicone is a little sticky!

For what its worth I actually find that I prefer my WS through water, but I haven't used my p80 that way a toooon just yet. My initial impression was that because the air flow was so wide open the p80 wasn't as effective at milking up a glass piece as my WS. That might be the case (that its closer to just direct drawing than milking something up due to the wide open air flow), but I also noticed that the 14/18 combo WPA leaves a bit to be desired--the 14mm portion isn't quite wide enough, so on 3/4 of my 14mm joints it ends up not creating a complete seal and fresh air makes its way in as well.

You may want to get some cheap male to male adapters, if the standard WPA is not securing so well with your glass, as I said there's a lot of variants and I have a lot of wobbly connections, they still work, but yeah if you feel like you're not getting such great performance it could be worth looking into getting some others from somewhere else as they aren't expensive... Or you could try wrapping some tape around the joint to give it more of a seal!

Yeah as I said above I think the tank is much better for on demand use, and I do not think it would be ideal to connect the whip to... You can connect the whip to the spiky bendy though, I think that would work better... If you grab the mini j-hook, male or female, you can add glass beads or rubies to it for some fun cooling!

Yeah since I have a lot of new China glass, I have been using mine through water a lot lately, and it is actually like a go-to piece to use through water, it just performs so well with that wide open draw and full power and temp control!!

thunderstealer1337

If the performance is the same, they're legit. Noone is going to the effort of making a fake battery that performs the same, they're going to sue a cheaper, subpar cell as the fake.
Guess you miss the entire point.

I am the one stating the batteries performed the same.

And let's not talk about why the wrap job was so poorly done.

Have you purchased any 18650 that had wrapping bulging?

thunderstealer1337,

gordontreeman

@letter never sent the whip actually doesn't sell terribly well on the tank due to the slightly flattened shape of the mp. If you push it way on there it might, but I had already thought similarly to @Shit Snacks that you'd be introducing a bottleneck into your draw speed, so it might not be the best move. You'd need to stretch the silicone but it looks like it would fit over the bendy spiked fine.
Oh I don't think this sounds possible, they are wrapped pretty tight and silicone is a little sticky!
Hmm, its hard to tell. It feels like I could slide the silicone out perhaps, but until I need to I'm scared to really conduct that experiment and risk ruining it, as they do look pretty slick!

You may want to get some cheap male to male adapters, if the standard WPA is not securing so well with your glass, as I said there's a lot of variants and I have a lot of wobbly connections, they still work, but yeah if you feel like you're not getting such great performance it could be worth looking into getting some others from somewhere else as they aren't expensive... Or you could try wrapping some tape around the joint to give it more of a seal!
Yeah, I've got a grab bag coming from popular glass. I think Jane (I assume their generic CX agent name lol) misunderstood my request so I'm not sure if it'll be quite what I'm anticipating, but hopefully some reasonable combination of 18 - 14 reducers and male pieces.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
!Yeah, I've got a grab bag coming from popular glass. I think Jane (I assume their generic CX agent name lol) misunderstood my request so I'm not sure if it'll be quite what I'm anticipating, but hopefully some reasonable combination of 18 - 14 reducers and male pieces.

Haha it's always a crap shoot, so it does help to order from a variety of places honestly... I've collected a few different ones from eBay and Amazon and now another batch from the gate (Sunshinestore) as well!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Ripstar

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
@Zuhdj that seems absurdly hot to me for a basket screen load, unless you mean you start from cold at that temp like @acstorfer was suggesting or doing a joint pack (I find that as its further away I need to up my heat for those). If that is what you cruise at after getting the boro tubes heat soaked inside of the heater I'd consider pinging Lamart to confirm that your resistance is set appropriately or adjusting it, personally. I find that I see a little vapor as low as 350 and really enjoy doing bowls at 365--at this temp the vapor isn't wispy at all, but its probably not as thick as if I cranked the heater. However, the flavor is much, much better to my palate. Like any temp tastes fantastic on the first hit, but anything after that at 380+ is pretty lacking, and towards the end at 400+ the burnt popcorn taste becomes possible (less subtle as the temp goes up).

@letter never sent I think I'm in disagreement with the vast majority here, but I don't find the bendy spiked stem very effective for cooling. It also gets hot enough that its uncomfortable on my lips during a longer session, but this is true for all of the mouthpieces save the tank ime. As far as cooling the vapor, I personally find that the nub and in particular the tank work much, much better than the bendy spiked or any of the wooden capsule stems (which I'm sad to say I've come to loathe, at least in the short size--the glass gets so hot that I legit burned my lips, so if I'm going to try this portable I guess I'll put up with hot vapor and leave the glass at home unless I'm just doing a hit and putting the vape away for a while). I'm surprised the tank isn't to your liking dry, as its the most effective dry cooling mp I have if I'm not using the whip--its just a more restricted draw than the other MP options.

For whatever its worth nothing in my whip indicates that it needs to be cleaned yet despite what I've put through it. I use mine with the nub as it slides right over the tip, so it seems like the vast majority of the reclaim or condensate or whatever you want to call it is inside of the stem proper. I haven't tested it yet and I'd want to ask Ralph, but it seems like in theory it would be possible to put a new piece of silicone in there as well--my tentative plan would be to use something long and flexible that fits into a new whip so I can slow slide the old one out, put this hypothetical object into the yarn, and use it to feed the new piece of silicone through. Can't tell you how effective that will be just yet. I think it would work largely the same on the tank in terms of reclaim ending up in the whip vs the mouthpiece.

It’s definitely 470 on on demand mode from cold and I hit it like how I hit the supreme so that’s probably a factor

PossumMD

Guess you miss the entire point.

I am the one stating the batteries performed the same.

And let's not talk about why the wrap job was so poorly done.

Have you purchased any 18650 that had wrapping bulging?
Yes, plenty of times. The wrap isn't meant to be perfect. These cells are designed to go into battery packs, their looks aren't even taken into account by the manufacturer.

PossumMD,
Reactions: Ripstar

Ripstar

@gordontreeman @Shit Snacks appreciate the feedback here - I’ve added a whip to my pending order for the spiked bendy stem and I also grabbed a stem from 508phineas!
You won't be disappointed with the 508phineas! I enjoy the bendy, through wpa and a wood stem with glass insert. Depending on temp and load size, it's all about learning your inhale with stem/temp. The lower temps are something special. Just got a Lamart whip, it came in purple @Shit Snacks ! No request 😂

Pasoa2020

Link for the Ogb j hooks?

Pasoa2020,

gordontreeman

@Pasoa2020 OGB's work is at https://oregonglassblower.com/J-HOOKS-AND-MOUTHPIECES_c42.htm. There are 18 and 14mm joint sizes in a variety of styles with and without cooling spikes.

@letter never sent you'll have to let us know how the 508 phinneas stem works! I have toyed with the idea of YOLOing a Splinter so I'm tempted to pick one up!

Also a few people have mentioned unsatisfactory results with the tank MP, so I just wanted to show that my results are wildly different. At high temps you definitely see hot spotting or whatever term folks use to indicate that the top layer of flower directly exposed to the hot air flow gets darker than the rest--I think this is probably inevitable. The only convection vape I've used that doesn't do this is my woodscents, and I suspect that its because of the ti stem + small size (its a dynavap tip).

Still, if you actually dump the bowl and look at its never as uneven as you think, and I certainly wouldn't write off my tank.

I started this at 365 and finished at 385. Its not to suggest that some of you haven't seen uneven bowls, just that there might be some things you can adjust to do better with the tank, or at least that my experience has been wildly different.

For kicks I also snapped a few photos of the avb from a stem pack just to demonstrate that it can also be very even. This was a big bowl of kief and flower, so disregard the powder/pulverized appearance. I started this at 385 and finished at 430--I mentioned somewhere else, but I find that I need to up the temp to account for the extra distance from the heater + additional glass (and basket screen if you cap it) pulling some heat out of the air.

I know the overwhelming majority in this thread think joint packs are unevenly baked, so I just wanted to demo that this is not the case. I did give this one stir at some point, but inside of the joint its so hard to make a mess that I don't consider it so onerous (I would hate having to stir the basket screens....). This also wasn't me packing the entire joint, which I would think would reduce the evenness depending on how you packed your bowl? I guess I think of it like espresso--you want to tamp with enough pressure that the air doesn't just flow through your flower (water going right through your puck and underextracting in the espresso example) but also not that you're restricting airflow and leading to channeling (small sections where the air can get through, leading to overextraction locally while the rest is underextracted in the case of coffee or flower). I find that as my bowl size increases the pressure of my tamp decreases proportionally.

Top Bottom