Tetra P80

I received my Tetra P80 today. Five days from Switzerland to Southern California, impressive! Unfortunately, I didn't get my spiked bendy stem (I guess he's out of stock atm), but I did get the tank and WPA.

The device is beautiful of course. I love the design of the heater and how you can see it through the cutouts. It feels nice in hand, like a juice box, though I'll have to get used to the uneven weight distribution with the mod on one side. I am noticing a gentle clicking sound when I move the unit from side to side. It doesn't sound concerning, but I'm not entirely sure what it is. I only hear it when the battery door is closed, so it seems related to that?

Anyway, testing has commenced this evening. First bowl was a basket pack native with the tank, I just set it to 400 and hit it on demand for a bit. That wasn't ideal, probably because I wasn't getting enough of a heat soak. Second bowl was a basket pack through my goo roo large inline, and this time I used warmup to cruise. Now we're talking! That led to a great big hit with AWESOME flavor. Tastiest hit I've had in a while! Already digging this thing and eager to dive in more!

album:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I received my Tetra P80 today. Five days from Switzerland to Southern California, impressive! Unfortunately, I didn't get my spiked bendy stem (I guess he's out of stock atm), but I did get the tank and WPA.

The device is beautiful of course. I love the design of the heater and how you can see it through the cutouts. It feels nice in hand, like a juice box, though I'll have to get used to the uneven weight distribution with the mod on one side. I am noticing a gentle clicking sound when I move the unit from side to side. It doesn't sound concerning, but I'm not entirely sure what it is. I only hear it when the battery door is closed, so it seems related to that?

Anyway, testing has commenced this evening. First bowl was a basket pack native with the tank, I just set it to 400 and hit it on demand for a bit. That wasn't ideal, probably because I wasn't getting enough of a heat soak. Second bowl was a basket pack through my goo roo large inline, and this time I used warmup to cruise. Now we're talking! That led to a great big hit with AWESOME flavor. Tastiest hit I've had in a while! Already digging this thing and eager to dive in more!

album:

Nice! Oh yeah I bet it's phenomenal through that large inline... Try turning your temp even higher on demand, or doing a warm up first... And do you have the pick tool installed when you hear that sound when moving it, or it just could be the steel bearing of the battery lid?

Last edited:
think like @Shit Snacks that it is the agitation tool that is the source of the click ... you have to move it so that the wood of the cover wedges the wood of the tool.

I wish you a nice meeting !!

Mine didn’t come with a pick tool actually. No big deal. Here is the explanation of the sound per Ralph:

“there is a metal rod that holds the battery door to the unit, it has a slight play so you can hear it when it slides from one side to the other, its completely normal.”

makes sense now!

Shit Snacks

Mine didn’t come with a pick tool actually. No big deal. Here is the explanation of the sound per Ralph:

“there is a metal rod that holds the battery door to the unit, it has a slight play so you can hear it when it slides from one side to the other, its completely normal.”

makes sense now!

Cool cool yeah that's what I was trying to describe as well, normal for the P80 mod!

thunderstealer1337

if you want the pick message me and pay the s/h and ill mail you one

molicel p26a, all from 18650batterystore.com, the horribly wrapped ones have the real authentic markings, the nicely wrapped wrongs have counterfeit markings, i have way to many counterfeit marking batteries from them :(

4zNHX8G.jpg

fkGyzlk.jpg

bHgXR9d.jpg

xvnn2Mh.jpg

Last edited:
thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: BigJr48

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@thunderstealer1337 what makes you so confident that a set of those are counterfeit? I saw you sold a P80 and had the buyer had some battery issues, but none of your follow up posts made it clear to me how you deduced that the molicels you had were theoretically fakes. Sorry if I missed that.

When I look at their data sheet @ https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...-215d-404f-bca4-137fccf512c4.pdf?v=1623271351 (from li-ion wholesale, one of the other well regarded battery stores) the markings all look correct on both sets to me?

And enjoy @letter never sent! Give the lower temps a shot dry. 365 is still very comfortable for me through the whip, tank, or just a sake bottle without water, and the flavor at those low temps is just phenomenal!

edit: that carb adapter from OGB looks wonderful, but $53 for a carb 😮

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Thanks.

As per @gordontreeman its beautiful but expensive.
Will ask my man in France for a quote but I expect it's quite a lot of work to make so pretty.....
Would be rad if these also make it to Amazon--I saw he has some TM stems/j hooks in some other thread. I'd love to get a nice spiked jhook to use with my TP80, and IIRC the price in euros seemed more than fair for what he was offering!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Would be rad if these also make it to Amazon--I saw he has some TM stems/j hooks in some other thread. I'd love to get a nice spiked jhook to use with my TP80, and IIRC the price in euros seemed more than fair for what he was offering!
I have sent Nicholas an email to ask for prices for such an adaptor and also chasing the Amazon page he is setting up.
Once this page is set up you guys will be quoted in USD including postage etc.
I think he is trying to get a feel for demand so I would encourage anyone interested to send him a note, even if just an expression of interest....

thunderstealer1337

@thunderstealer1337 what makes you so confident that a set of those are counterfeit? I saw you sold a P80 and had the buyer had some battery issues, but none of your follow up posts made it clear to me how you deduced that the molicels you had were theoretically fakes. Sorry if I missed that.

When I look at their data sheet @ https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...-215d-404f-bca4-137fccf512c4.pdf?v=1623271351 (from li-ion wholesale, one of the other well regarded battery stores) the markings all look correct on both sets to me?
I googled counterfeit molicel p26a and check out the top results.

Immediately says the font print, the actual markings spacings, 2d qr code printing, the + are all "counterfeits"

When I zapped the qr code a few months back, It also didn't make sense, I forgot what happened but basically pointed to those as counterfeit again

Mooch did a study I recall on these and said basically we are getting rewrapped b stock if I recall????, this was all a few months back when i was actually interested in figuring out why the printing and the wrap was so horribly done/different

And yes the buyer has not contacted me since last Monday, 10+ days now, so maybe he got a new charger or something?

Last edited:
thunderstealer1337,

gordontreeman

I googled counterfeit molicel p26a and check out the top results.

Immediately says the font print, the actual markings spacings, 2d qr code printing, the + are all "counterfeits"

That was just a reddit thread full of people speculating. Neither the OP nor anyone else (save some guy who claimed to work for Molicel's international distributor...) provided any proof they were fake. Lots of folk even posited that the stamp not being quite as clean was likely due to them using a new stamp when they added in a new year code to their lot schema in 2020, which makes more sense to me than this being evidence of 18650 battery store selling fakes.

You'll get no argument from me that fake p26a's aren't out there, its why folks advise avoiding amazon. However, you're accusing one of the two more trusted battery vendors of providing you with a fake. I'm sure lots of people would like to confirm that if its true as we'd probably adjust our battery purchasing, but I'm not seeing anything in this thread other than speculation because a cell didn't perform as expected for someone that it was fake. Both of the wrappers above are adhering to the schema molicel laid out in the Datasheet I linked earlier. According to the spec sheet, the QR codes should have the lot info embedded. I'm not sure what that means without looking at how QR codes are created, but presumably its going to display a matching lot code when you scan it and not take you to a website somewhere as most do.

I'm just suggesting that this might be something explained by all kinds of legit reasons (user error, unrealistic expectations, battery charger used, age of the cell, ambient temp when charging) and that I'm not seeing anything convincing me that 18650 knowingly or unknowingly sold counterfeits.

gordontreeman

Doesn't mooch himself say that the markings don't really matter much when spotting a fake and that the rings, number of prongs on the top cap, etc are more important when deducing if a cell is fake or not?
Yeah, @ https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/bpklia its his second bullet point. I don't have a facebook account to log into, but presumably he gives some advice @ https://www.facebook.com/login/?nex...-confusing-situation-but-th/2040779799544929/

In that reddit thread (which I'll grant is old and things could have changed) he also specifically calls out 18650batterystore as trusted. From all of the evidence I have seen I am inclined to err on the side of trusting them as a vendor unless someone provides some compelling evidence otherwise. I don't mean this in a rude way, but everything in this thread speaks more to battery naivete to me than evidence of a counterfeit.

PossumMD

Excellent, I did google first but I'm a bit hammered and only did a cursory search. There is one way to test em, use em. If they're fake I doubt they'll even fire in the mod.

PossumMD,

Shit Snacks

Hey guys. So I end up having to set my p80 to 470 degrees the get the performance I want. Do I pull too hard

It is all relative, if you feel like your temperature settings are not accurate for your own usage style, there are instructions about bumping up the resistance slightly... Never done it myself so I don't want to provide them off of a guess lol

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom