Tetra P80

Oden

I got a custom p80 at the last drop and I'm still in the queue. I look forward to receiving it and being able to taste the flavors of this much requested device.
I know my personalized tetra p80 will be gorgeous!.
The tetra p80 is one of the best portable vaporizers. And even the best in my opinion. I can't wait to try it.
I'm sure it will be perfectly calibrated!

Last edited:

Grobalot

yeah i'm hoping it doesn't take that long to get dispatched. i just want it to come before i finish last years crop :spliff:

Grobalot,

cptofnthng

btw guys- as someone that has used a crafty for 3 years before, the Tetra only being my second vape (shortly after followed by an argo), I have to say that flavourwise the Tetra is really far away from the crafty and even worse compared to the argo. i really dig the quick and strong hits, i dont care at all for replaceable battery, because i never go through one whole charge.
maybe its not my vape. lets See If new stems change anything.

SquirrelMaster

btw guys- as someone that has used a crafty for 3 years before, the Tetra only being my second vape (shortly after followed by an argo), I have to say that flavourwise the Tetra is really far away from the crafty and even worse compared to the argo. i really dig the quick and strong hits, i dont care at all for replaceable battery, because i never go through one whole charge.
maybe its not my vape. lets See If new stems change anything.
Are you saying the Crafty is better or worse? All that plastic just doesn't compare to glass and pure convection. Haven't tried an Argo but the Solo 2 has good flavor from what I remember, better than the Mighty (which I prefer the Tetra over). Arizer portables aren't strong enough for me so mine both sit unused.

Weedaholic

Are you saying the Crafty is better or worse? All that plastic just doesn't compare to glass and pure convection. Haven't tried an Argo but the Solo 2 has good flavor from what I remember, better than the Mighty (which I prefer the Tetra over). Arizer portables aren't strong enough for me so mine both sit unused.
I was thinking the same thing .i'm not sure if he saying the crafty is better or worse. I don't think the crafty comes close too the performance of the p80 . The p80 hits a lot harder and the taste for sure is way better.

cptofnthng

so to clarify, obviously the crafty hits way less hard. and its a session vape. but the flavor is much better for much longer than using the Tetra. i can have 10-15 good hits from a capsule in the crafty.
i get one good terpy hit with the Tetra, after that everything tastes Like the Last few Hits on a crafty capsule. Like burnt popcorn.
the argo is really hard to compare, its Like half a crafty.
and yes so far i reach for the crafty way more still.

cptofnthng

yeah, maybe im doing something wrong. idk. im using Warm-up to Cruise or Cruise Mode, tempstep from 190-210. Abv is almost black, the edges of the basket a little less so. taste is okay for 1-2 Hits, after that yikes.

cptofnthng,
Reactions: Grobalot

Grobalot

My Tubo came back from repair a while ago and was running a little hot and glowing coils at 200*c. ramped the temp up to 260, adjusted the resistance so the coils only glowed faintly at 260 and now it works better than ever. needed to adjust my draw speed so i don't char at 215, but other than that its the best vape i've ever owned.
if i lower the temp to 180 i get more flavour over more hits and then just step the temp up manually in my cruise if i'm just chilling out in bed but usually run it at 200 from the first hit.
Mine extracts all the flavour after 2 big hits @200 and then i finish at 215 with 3 equally sized hits as any higher irritates my lungs more than i'd like it to.

cptofnthng

i'll be back.home tonight (EU) and gladly Report Back on the matter.
maybe i'll come to Like it after all,
Edith: 0.229, which is also what the settings say. No glowing @210 neither.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

so to clarify, obviously the crafty hits way less hard. and its a session vape. but the flavor is much better for much longer than using the Tetra. i can have 10-15 good hits from a capsule in the crafty.
i get one good terpy hit with the Tetra, after that everything tastes Like the Last few Hits on a crafty capsule. Like burnt popcorn.
the argo is really hard to compare, its Like half a crafty.
and yes so far i reach for the crafty way more still.
Start with a much lower temperature on the Tetra and you'll find it gives better taste. I like 180°C to start and then I work my way up stirring along the way. I get terpy hit after terpy hit this way.

cptofnthng

Thank you man. both. ill try. stirring the weed which is somewhat dried after 2 hit Bowl always seemed to make it fall out the basket. how often you stir?

cptofnthng,

BubbleDrop

Thank you man. both. ill try. stirring the weed which is somewhat dried after 2 hit Bowl always seemed to make it fall out the basket. how often you stir?
Which stem are you using your P80 with ? Also, do you put a basket inside the stem ?
I never stir (never needed), and get the best performances between 175 and 185°C.

BubbleDrop,
Reactions: dimmusp

cptofnthng

i only have i think its called the nub?
the short stem, with a diffusor inside. and yes i use a basket, how would it work otherwise? the space inside the stem w/o a basket would be huge. and the weed would be much further away from the heatsource?

cptofnthng,
Reactions: dimmusp

MonkeyTime

the short stem, with a diffusor inside. and yes i use a basket, how would it work otherwise? the space inside the stem w/o a basket would be huge. and the weed would be much further away from the heatsource?
Sometimes when I'm out and about, I'll load in the joint like that. A lot more weed, turn up the temp about 20F and slow down my draw is how I adjust to it. But it's not very often.

pinetrrizzle

Like the Last few Hits on a crafty capsule. Like burnt popcorn.
are you still having the popcorn taste? for me i always attributed that flavor to the mighty. the first pull or two was great, but then just popcorn and honey reclaim taste. i think i even prefer the flavor from the p80 over the da budha43. they're both so clean and refreshing even with the vapor volume. but i think i just prefer the flavor of convection over conduction (also loved the flowerpot WE, and don't really care the flavor of dynavap, among other things).

the mighty was my first vape and i'll never get rid of it, but i haven't used it since the tp80 arrived a few weeks ago. i've been really loving the bendy spike - maybe give that one a try. it's so easy to clean, great flavor, and doesn't overheat on me at w2c 420f (can't say that about the tank, gets hot as the dickens for me).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

If you are loading the basket, there really should be no reason to start, both of my tetra heaters extract extremely evenly regardless of the temperature settings or how I inhale really... And yeah if you don't keep it upside down then it will fall, after the first hit the weed is secure, but then if you poke it again it will fall. I only poke to empty.

That is a shame that is the only stem you have, I do not like to use my tetra with that stem much at all... I say keep doing what you're doing, but lower your temperature? Get a male to male adapter if you can, and a glass j hook, plus a water piece if you want.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
IMG-20210305-150631-01.jpg

Thought I would stain the TM as well. It had gone a bit grey with lots of finger marks.

Used a water based stain in the colour "teak" then I buffed it with some @phattpiggie stem butter.

Came out quite nice!

SquirrelMaster

It depends on the temperature for me. Starting low and temp stepping requires very little but if I start higher I'll stir after every hit.
I pack inside the stem when I use mime so I can fit more and stir more easily. I'll sometimes cap the stem with a basket screen, it seems to help diffuse the heat for a more even roast and then I can remove the stem and shake to stir. I start at 185°C/365°F and work my way up.

RobbIt

I got a custom p80 at the last drop and I'm still in the queue. I look forward to receiving it and being able to taste the flavors of this much requested device.
I know my personalized tetra p80 will be gorgeous!.
The tetra p80 is one of the best portable vaporizers. And even the best in my opinion. I can't wait to try it.
I'm sure it will be perfectly calibrated!
I thought I was in LAmart’s drop list but I never heard about this one! How are you getting notices??

RobbIt,
Reactions: stark1
Top Bottom