Tetra P80

ramb4

I'm elated that I somehow managed to snag a pre-built unit!

I'm so looking forward to giving my trusty Tubo a much needed vacation after 3+ years of daily use. Not sure if it's widely known in this thread, but I recently consolidated my stem collection after discovering KGWoodcraft's Crossover Adapter, which allows me to use any of my Dynavap stems with the Tubo as well as my soon to arrive P80. My wife is also very pleased that using S&B dosing capsules has eliminated all the green crumbs my basket screens would leave behind (but KG also makes a basket screen adapter if that's more your vibe). This little chunk of wood changed the game for me making my Tubo more portable than ever. I sold off all of my traditional glass stems and couldn't be happier.

Hope this helps improve my fellow Lamart fanatics' experience as much as it has mine!

200.gif
Sorry for bringing this up I'm kinda late to the party on this one. I've got so many questions after reading your post :D
Can you go into more detail if possible? The crossover adapter goes into the chamber with the stem on top? Is the crossover adapter easily removable and does it sit on the screen/heater? And where do you put your dosing capsule? Also, will def try out the dosing capsules. Seems like a great idea, want to avoid having material fall into the heater.

ramb4,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
im pretty sure lamart had jhooks on their site at some point so its definitely worth a shot.

I'm wondering what makes these basket screens so special ... some pricing error ? @funkyjunky

LOL yea they are some gold platinum palladium rhodium alloy from venus, that i harvested myself

thanks for pointing that out, its actually not the first time i effed this up while restocking the item :razz:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
ty Bro. problematic to find jhooks here in Europe. even googling that Shit only leads to english Websites or vendors. Id Love one Like yours here on Page 104 though. you even have those beads. in fitting colour to the vape.
i will Hit that lamart Dude. i only conveniently wanted to avoid paying taxes again. fucking swiss get into the EU already, a Spot Just opened.
Hey ! :) J-hook are easy to find in the EU :) ! Can you show me a picture of what style you looking for i will help you find one :).Also which country are you from ? You can PM if you not feel comfortable disclosing .

pinetrrizzle

the first week with this unit has gone pretty, pretty, pretty, good. right now i've settled on warm-up-2-on-demand at 420f, using the cap-screen on the bendy spike piece. it's basically a one pull-and-done ordeal at this setting, which is exactly what i wanted. the abv after one pull isn't perfectly even or spent, but it's close enough, and the flavor is phenomenal. after two pulls, it's totally done.

gone through 3 cycles of a 4 cell rotation, and still haven't cleaned the bendy or the cap. it's pretty nuts how little maintenance it requires. i've been using the heater right-side up (seems more ergonomically natural to me), and the heater-screen still looks good as new with a little brush and blow-out after each cap. i started off with the tank, and while it looks boss on the p80, i have so far done best with the bendy. the wpa has been a little clumsy for me, and the cap-screen doesn't stay in securely (odd?), but i don't really find myself in need of more cooling than the bendy.

it's only been a few and i'm sure i'll keep experimenting with settings, but imho the hype on the tp80 is real.

Last edited:

Ripstar

the first week with this unit has gone pretty, pretty, pretty, good. right now i've settled on warm-up-2-on-demand at 420f, using the cap-screen on the bendy spike piece. it's basically a one pull-and-done ordeal at this setting, which is exactly what i wanted. the abv after one pull isn't perfectly even or spent, but it's close enough, and the flavor is phenomenal. after two pulls, it's totally done.

gone through 3 cycles of a 4 cell rotation, and still haven't cleaned the bendy or the cap. it's pretty nuts how little maintenance it requires. i've been using the heater right-side up (seems more ergonomically natural to me), and the heater-screen still looks good as new with a little brush and blow-out after each cap. i started off with the tank, and while it looks boss on the p80, i have so far done best with the bendy. the wpa has been a little clumsy for me, and the cap-screen doesn't stay in securely (odd?), but i don't really find myself in need of more cooling than the bendy.

it's only been a few and i'm sure i'll keep experimenting with settings, but imho the hype on tp80 is real.

Nice! Great looking piece. What show are you blasting?

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Sorry for bringing this up I'm kinda late to the party on this one. I've got so many questions after reading your post :D
Can you go into more detail if possible? The crossover adapter goes into the chamber with the stem on top? Is the crossover adapter easily removable and does it sit on the screen/heater? And where do you put your dosing capsule? Also, will def try out the dosing capsules. Seems like a great idea, want to avoid having material fall into the heater.
The explanation on the seller's site is pretty thorough, with pics to show how they function. Go there for a complete explanation of how these adapters work. I have both versions of the adapters and they work great, allows me to use any of my Dynavap stems as a stem for my RBT and Lamart devices (I have yet to try one from any manufacturer that does not work). https://www.kgwoodcrafts.com/product-page/dynavap-to-19-19-crossover-adapter

CanikUser19,
Reactions: ramb4

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Today was supposed to be a great day.
The P80 has arrived, I have charged the batteries in advanced and went to the post office.

Unfortunately, what I gotten was a wet package that reeks and inside...

package-content-broken.jpg

:(
As you can see, its completely broken (and even worse when I tried to package it back and refuse accepting it...

I don't know if Lamar can fix it, because the wood suffered from water, I'm so sad, I don't trust our post office so its pretty safe to say the money is gone.
the glass parts were fine but I sent it all back together.
This never happened to be, first time such thing has happened.

@funkyjunky How can we move forward :(
I have been waiting for this for a while, I actually was so happy going to sleep last night, knowing I will have time with your beautiful device.
I guess not.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
The P80 has arrived, I have charged the batteries in advanced and went to the post office.

As you can see, its completely broken (and even worse when I tried to package it back and refuse accepting it...

I don't know if Lamar can fix it, because the wood suffered from water, I'm so sad, I don't trust our post office so its pretty safe to say the money is gone.

I have been waiting for this for a while, I actually was so happy going to sleep last night, knowing I will have time with your beautiful device.
I guess not.
I am so sad for you! The anticipation of the drop then the shipping, and then that!

So sorry man!

bkkbob,
  • Love
Reactions: m0sh

GoldenBud

I guess not.
It's the time to share that my dreamwood glow 18 also arrived wet, last week. with the same postal company in the same country. our postal service can't handle the wet days I guess because it's pretty rare here? It's a shame imho. will send you an email address of some manager in the post and maybe they can refund funky somehow, hope you took photos of the box's outside, he may fix you out quickly

Last edited:

m0sh

It's the time to share that my dreamwood glow 18 also arrived wet, last week. with the same postal company in the same country. our postal service can't handle the wet days I guess because it's pretty rare here? It's a shame imho. will send you an email address of some manager in the post and maybe they can refund funky somehow, hope you took photos of the box's outside, he may fix you out quickly
that sucks man...
well the electroncis were a bit wet so not sure if it works and the wood probably suffered from water and it might be fixed but I'm not sure how good it will look, however, Lamart is the master.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
that sucks man...
well the electroncis were a bit wet so not sure if it works and the wood probably suffered from water and it might be fixed but I'm not sure how good it will look, however, Lamart is the master.

You'll see what they say, but if I know Lamart's service, he may build you a brand new one... Damn shame for Israeli post to let products in package get fucked up like this! I guess lucky we're able to get it into the country at all, but still such a damn shame, I'm so sorry for your extended wait!

oddjobold

Vape swap shop

I guess not.

@GoldenBud

very sorry for your loss.

However I am very interested to see under the bonnet!

It would appear the heater is wired directly in to the mod. Do the wires go inside the mod or are they soldered on to the 510 connector?

A very neat design!

GoldenBud

It would appear the heater is wired directly in to the mod. Do the wires go inside the mod or are they soldered on to the 510 connector?

A very neat design!
Yeah, I didn't know that too until few monthes ago, where the "deck" is? how it is possible that the mod is connected to the heater and you can't see the deck like in TETRAx? well, he bypassed the 510 connector, he connected it to the +/- underneath the 510 connection...
there isn't a 510 connector i think, he took it out somehow and connected it with the +/- cables.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@GoldenBud

very sorry for your loss.

However I am very interested to see under the bonnet!

A very neat design!
Recently i managed to fuck up both the 510 of my RX300 and the 510 deck of TUBOx which is not the OG. I ended soldering them directly to the + - wires of the mod,leaving the 510 out of the game ,works like a charm since then :). I think that direct connection is why you hardly ever need to tweak the settings of the Tetrap80/TUBOevic,while some of the TuboX/TetraX users often go into the rabbit hole tweaking the settings to compensate the spike in resistance which is pretty common if you use multiple atomizers on the same mod or do a lot of screwing/unscrewing.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Recently i managed to fuck up both the 510 of my RX300 and the 510 deck of TUBOx which is not the OG. I ended soldering them directly to the + - wires of the mod,leaving the 510 out of the game ,works like a charm since then :). I think that direct connection is why you hardly ever need to tweak the settings of the Tetrap80/TUBOevic,while some of the TuboX/TetraX users often go into the rabbit hole tweaking the settings to compensate the spike in resistance which is pretty common if you use multiple atomizers on the same mod or do a lot of screwing/unscrewing.

Was planning to do something like this myself. I know where the positive would be solder on the p80 but not sure about the negative?

oddjobold,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Yep, it’s why I went on a ridiculous buying spree recently and got plenty of Red Panda and Tubo compatible mods. Now every device has a dedicated mod, and I have a couple of backups. No more screwing on and off, or switching for a long while.

dimmusp

Interesting! I always had trouble with my TETRAx and ended up messing the 510 connector when I tried to "fix it" myself.

How do you connect the heater directly to the mod's +/- without leaving conductive surfaces exposed in a dangerous way? I can imagine that a short-circuit with a mod would *not* be fun...

dimmusp,

m0sh

You'll see what they say, but if I know Lamart's service, he may build you a brand new one... Damn shame for Israeli post to let products in package get fucked up like this! I guess lucky we're able to get it into the country at all, but still such a damn shame, I'm so sorry for your extended wait!

Thanks man! Ralph already replied and said that he will replace the unit soon. :)

Last edited:

CremeFraiche1127

Anyone with the wood capsule stem have issues with sticky resin buildup where the capsule sits and also around the outside of the stem? Since the outside of it is sticky it's starting to make the stem stick to the side of the unit when trying to pull it out of the chamber. I'm not sure how to clean it without damaging the wood.

CremeFraiche1127,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

Anyone with the wood capsule stem have issues with sticky resin buildup where the capsule sits and also around the outside of the stem? Since the outside of it is sticky it's starting to make the stem stick to the side of the unit when trying to pull it out of the chamber. I'm not sure how to clean it without damaging the wood.
qtip soaked with Rum (max 40% alcohol)
dry it immediately because basically alcohol is an organic solvent

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have to admit it's an effort to get good performance from my p80.

I am not sure if there is something wrong, but it's not performing great, I think. I tried upping the resistance, how far do u go? I have also tried warm up and that seems to help a bit. But if I compare it with my TM it seems like an effort to coax the vapor out. Yet I often get very stoned so something is working.

I have put it on the highest setting and I can see all 4 coils glowing in a dark room.

Tried packing the stem both ways.

Any idea what's going on here?

Not sure if it's me or the settings or its damaged in some way.

Last edited:
oddjobold,

GoldenBud

I am not sure if there is something wrong, but it's not performing great, I think. I tried upping the resistance, how far do u go? I have also tried warm up and that seems to help a bit. But if I compare it with my TM it seems like an effort to coax the vapor out. Yet I often get very stoned so something is working.
please show your ABV after a 220c session

pinetrrizzle

please show your ABV after a 220c session
i had trouble as well at first, but then using the basket screen totally changes it. also think having a bit of buildup in the basket and bendy makes for bigger clouds with the resistance. when everything is totally clean, i struggle to get the abv a dark brown i'm used to. still absolutely does the trick though.

here's my abv with some comparison (420 F though, so a touch cooler)

abv comparison.jpg

Top Bottom