Tetra P80

MonkeyTime

i had trouble as well at first, but then using the basket screen totally changes it. also think having a bit of buildup in the basket and bendy makes for bigger clouds with the resistance. when everything is totally clean, i struggle to get the abv a dark brown i'm used to. still absolutely does the trick though.

here's my abv with some comparison (420 F though, so a touch cooler)

View attachment 6163
If clean screens cause you problems, slow your draw down a fair bit and possibly drop your temps just a bit if you feel you're losing flavor. It maintains temp, but is still full convection and until fully soaked may not be hitting the temps you expect if you're pulling hard.

Loading in the basket screen helps a lot, but may not overcome a big draw!

Jason Mendoza

I have scored on 4 different attempts on the site. Twice i used my credit card and twice a bank transfer so it may not necessarily be your banks.

Not trying to rub salt in the wounds, but it may very well be that you are just not fast enough at it. I follow some bands that sell out small venues all the time so i have turned into a crazy clicking machine when the time comes from "practice".

It's not easy to check out and not have read a thing. Once i got a unit and didn't even know what it looked like until Ralph sent me a pic. There's lots of sweating involved and a couple of swear words as well. I'm getting anxious just thinking about it. I hope everyone can score one eventually. I wish there was a better way but I'm not so sure there is.
"but it may very well be that you are just not fast enough at it." <<<There must be another reason. I'm not believing this is why.
Are any of y'all networking techs? Please DM me. I have an idea but no way to learn networking. I am on the east coast as well.

Also, I sent an email and got a confirmation from Lamart but wasn't notified of the drop. Not that I would have been successful but I'm missing out on all the shared disappointment of staying up til 3 and then still not getting one. ;) But now, I guess I did that wrong?

Now I read that I have to be active on "the forum". Which forum? Not this one, I assume? I cannot keep up with all the forums and feeds to monitor. They aren't in an easy format to read, for me.

And I hope I did my reply right this time. If not, will a mod tell me what I should have done? I made a mistake before and was light heartedly and helpfully advised. First I responded and didn't realize so I edited and added test this time.

Thank you all for your help. I am one of those, "There's gotta be a way. HOW can I make this happen?" people. A good dog hunter.

Blahblahblah,
J

Okay we 100% need a separate thread to discuss "Ordering from Lamart / Tetra Drops" @Stu @pakalolo can one of you make this happen?? Pages of back and forth on this topic here, burying useful info about actually using the device!

See my quote above, yes the tank is more portable if that's what you are looking for... Sorry my post on this got lost now!
Sorry y'all. Was attempting to reply but said nothing and posted w/o even knowing it. I hope this doesn't break another rule.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

"but it may very well be that you are just not fast enough at it." <<<There must be another reason. I'm not believing this is why.
Are any of y'all networking techs? Please DM me. I have an idea but no way to learn networking. I am on the east coast as well.

Also, I sent an email and got a confirmation from Lamart but wasn't notified of the drop. Not that I would have been successful but I'm missing out on all the shared disappointment of staying up til 3 and then still not getting one. ;) But now, I guess I did that wrong?

Now I read that I have to be active on "the forum". Which forum? Not this one, I assume? I cannot keep up with all the forums and feeds to monitor. They aren't in an easy format to read, for me.

And I hope I did my reply right this time. If not, will a mod tell me what I should have done? I made a mistake before and was light heartedly and helpfully advised. First I responded and didn't realize so I edited and added test this time.

Thank you all for your help. I am one of those, "There's gotta be a way. HOW can I make this happen?" people. A good dog hunter.

Blahblahblah,
J

Sorry y'all. Was attempting to reply but said nothing and posted w/o even knowing it. I hope this doesn't break another rule.
1. mail support@lamart.ch asking for being notified ~3 days before any drop in the future

2. before the drop, learn the easier option to score a device -> learn the lamart.ch shop (devices>tp80) all options need to be known for you, While the drop occurs go for 'Custom unit' . make the steps you need to know before the drop takes place, even if the capacity is 150% for custom slots he basically will take the order
usually this is the link for a custom:
as you see on the right, learn all these things what they mean.. and then you'll be quicker in the drop

3. no need to be active in any forum, you will read the whole thread from scratch if you'll win any device, trust me bout it

Kinick23

@pinetrrizzle yeah I’ve found the basket screens to work best for me in terms of performance/cloudage over packing the joint. Packing the joint you’ll need to compensate by increasing temp given herb is further away from heat source. I would suggest an initial preheat while you prepare your basket screen as the p80 works best once heat soaked so you can really get good hits from the start. Start with an average draw speed then ramp up, the heater will keep up with you and Ralph has stated it does love lots of air flow. Each unit come with a preset coil resistance that should be best for your unit, altering them should be exercised with caution and isn’t recommended straight away. Take time to get to know the unit before determining if it’s running too cold or hot where adjusting the resistance makes sense. I find it handles pretty much all grind consistencies well but generally med-fine will do the trick. I pack the basket to top, level off and a light tamp just enough to hold the herb in place so it doesn’t fall out onto heater screen (harder to do this with dry herb though). Some even take first hit upside down so the herb ‘melts’ into the basket and holds form.

PS - I find it really shines on a water piece, massive hits so if you haven’t considered that it’s another option to play with

Jason Mendoza

1. mail support@lamart.ch asking for being notified ~3 days before any drop in the future

2. before the drop, learn the easier option to score a device -> learn the lamart.ch shop (devices>tp80) all options need to be known for you, While the drop occurs go for 'Custom unit' . make the steps you need to know before the drop takes place, even if the capacity is 150% for custom slots he basically will take the order
usually this is the link for a custom:
as you see on the right, learn all these things what they mean.. and then you'll be quicker in the drop

3. no need to be active in any forum, you will read the whole thread from scratch if you'll win any device, trust me bout it
Thank you very much. How do I know when they drop? Same time every month?

Jason Mendoza,
Reactions: GoldenBud

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Okay I worked out what the issue is. The temp is not acurrate. If I stick it on 210c it works like a dream. You have to run it hot! If I lower the TCR can I get the temperature more "accurate"?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Okay I worked out what the issue is. The temp is not acurrate. If I stick it on 210c it works like a dream. You have to run it hot! If I lower the TCR can I get the temperature more "accurate"?

There are instructions for tweaking temperature up or down, you adjust the resistance by .003 and test at one temp. They are all calibrated properly, but sometimes temp control is just relative with pure convection, based on the user... I use each vape according to what it needs subjectively, like I have no problem running my tetra 345-445F (heat soaking in cruise, loading basket screens, tetra upside down removing after each hit) while two different SplinterZ RedPanda set ups also have different ranges... Whatever works for you!

GoldenBud

while two different SplinterZ RedPanda set ups also have different ranges... Whatever works for you!
Red Panda.. makes me think.. maybe @oddjobold you run the tubo coil with the lock sign, right? the resistance is locked? because Z users with Red Panda tend to leave the resistance unlocked...
Funky calibrates the Tetra with the P80.. so it should be very accurate..

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Red Panda.. makes me think.. maybe @oddjobold you run the tubo coil with the lock sign, right? the resistance is locked? because Z users with Red Panda tend to leave the resistance unlocked...
Funky calibrates the Tetra with the P80.. so it should be very accurate..

Why wouldn't his resistance be locked? He is using a Tetra P80?

Please don't get us into the whole red panda unlocked resistance thing, in fact I use mine with it locked there too now... I was just using that as an example for relative temperature control.

GoldenBud

if the resistance is locked as the lid says, maybe raise it up 0.002 but if you take a slow long draw on 190c, while the glass is already hot, you should get terpey satisfying vapor... contact funky or show us some abv please ;)
PS
you sure on 260C the coils glow abit right?

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
The resistance is currently 0.004 above lid and locked at 0.238.

This is at 210c. I could have taken more hits on this to be honest, but got disturbed.
IMG-20210228-065937.jpg

It's a little light.

It feels like my 210c is about 190c. I have worked out how to change the TCR and lowered it, to see if that helps.

My coils are glowing at 260c.

At the moment I feel like this is a setting issue, rather than something physically wrong. I was not expecting the p80 to require as much setting tweaking.

The flavour on this vape is top notch, easily up there with the SplinterZ. I am enjoying it using at 210c and above, but would rather the temp was "right" for me.

I have also brought some wood dye. Colour is "teak". Should darken it up nicely.

Thanks everyone for helping me.

Last edited:
oddjobold,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
on a properly set up tetra heater the coils are NOT supposed to glow at 260C/500F (triple tubo heater will glow very faintly in the dark).
every unit gets calibrated to the exact mod used in the all integrated build so that they supply the displayed temperature 5mm above the internal screen after a warmup cycle. which means the temperatures are accurate at least if you believe my thermocouple (i do :D).

if resistance is increased/decreased, the warmup function will be affected. by doing this the general hotness/coldness of the displayed temperature scale is shifted up or downards.
i strongly recommend against messing with the tcr number since this variable influences what 1degreeC on display is in reality. by changing tcr number it will mess up everything. (this is true for all 510 attachments, of course you can find values that work for the particular temp setting you are looking for but they are not making the scale accurate at all).

what are you basing your temperature knowledge on @oddjobold, are you sure about the accuracy of that device? i suspect every device has their own scale/calibration. also avb on 210c on conduction devices is not 210c on convection devices.
the tetra settings parameters are best not touched since they are calibrated and carefully measured out (tcr) for the all integrated devices from me.
what is totally game is the temperature setting of course.

the heater does need a heat soak to supply the displayed temperature (warmup cycle, 30-60seconds cruise). this can be compensated by using higher temperature setting if wanting to use on demand.

try 235degC on demand and you should be happy.

good moment to reference this write up: TUBO/TETRA usage patterns

Last edited:

Grobalot

Hi all, it's been a while since i've been on here. Does anyone know how long, on average, an order from lamart.ch takes to dispatch?
I ordered ebony / purps capsule stem - medium on Friday and wondered how long i have to watch the letter box for lol.

Grobalot,

Weedaholic

Hi all, it's been a while since i've been on here. Does anyone know how long, on average, an order from lamart.ch takes to dispatch?
I ordered ebony / purps capsule stem - medium on Friday and wondered how long i have to watch the letter box for lol.
My orders usually take between twelve and fourteen days but i am in europe

Grobalot

Cheers dude. I'm in the UK so not too far away either.
I'm hoping the capsule stems are as good as i've heard they are :D

Weedaholic

@Grobalot No problem man.....I don't have a wooden stem but i heard they are good...I'm sure someone here can tell you more about them.
you are in the UK so you are not far from me so i would say you won't be waiting long.

Weedaholic,
Reactions: Grobalot
Top Bottom