• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thats a precise answer, just what I was wondering thank you!!

Yeah, since this is your first pure convection vape, just remember that your inhale is what's creating the vapor, you'll also want to remember that for sharing with friends. So here long steady draws are best for thick vapor matching the temperature setting.

Arbornaut

Do all the settings here seem okay??

My batteries only last until 50% now and will not last any longer. I repeatedly get the message (weak battery) and then low battery.

Its probably to do with my batteries, but they seem to work fine and drain normally in other vaporizers, so im not sure... my batteries are 30Qs and I've been using them in rotation since about March 2020. How long do your batteries last with regular use with the TP80? I'm thinking mine are no longer strong enough to power my Tetra P80, but maybe just enough for my other "weaker" vapes. (Like my ArGo).

Thanks for any help everyone!

Last edited:

Likun

Do all the settings here seem okay??

My batteries only last until 50% now and will not last any longer. I repeatedly get the message (weak battery) and then low battery.

Its probably to do with my batteries, but they seem to work fine and drain normally in other vaporizers, so im not sure... my batteries are 30Qs and I've been using them in rotation since about March 2020. How long do your batteries last with regular use with the TP80? I'm thinking mine are no longer strong enough to power my Tetra P80, but maybe just enough for my other "weaker" vapes. (Like my ArGo).

Thanks for any help everyone!

I feel free to quote @funkyjunky as I recently asked the exact same thing in the tubo thread but I guess it won't be much of a difference on the P80 - if not forgive me please:

its normal for the device to show weak batteries below 50% charge especially on older cells. the message means the device is regulating output power to what the battery can still supply instead of the 70watts. its fine to use it but weaker. as above said, once the heater is warm the power consumption isnt that intense anymore and the message will disappear.

new batteries will solve the issue for a while ;)

Arbornaut

I feel free to quote @funkyjunky as I recently asked the exact same thing in the tubo thread but I guess it won't be much of a difference on the P80 - if not forgive me please:

Thanks!!! That's pretty much what I figured. The Tetra heater is pretty demanding from what i understand, so it makes sense that I would notice my cells decline with my TetraP80 first before anything else. I guess I thought (hoped) these batteries would last longer, but if around half a year is normal, then that's fine. It sounds like there is somewhat of a work-around if I try a low temp heat up, and then go from there once the heater is warmed up a little. I tried that earlier with limited success, but I will keep at it and see what works.... then I guess I'm off to buy some new cells. I think part of my problem is too many batteries that i cycle thru. Probably not good to have them sitting around with a low charge for too long while I cycle thru... maybe just 4 this time instead of 10. Lol

nothing

Thanks!!! That's pretty much what I figured. The Tetra heater is pretty demanding from what i understand, so it makes sense that I would notice my cells decline with my TetraP80 first before anything else. I guess I thought (hoped) these batteries would last longer, but if around half a year is normal, then that's fine. It sounds like there is somewhat of a work-around if I try a low temp heat up, and then go from there once the heater is warmed up a little. I tried that earlier with limited success, but I will keep at it and see what works.... then I guess I'm off to buy some new cells. I think part of my problem is too many batteries that i cycle thru. Probably not good to have them sitting around with a low charge for too long while I cycle thru... maybe just 4 this time instead of 10. Lol
New batteries would probably let you get more out of your battery before you get the warning. The Samsung 30q is a 15A cell, and I’m fairly certain the tubo/tetra recommends 20A+. I don’t have a tetra p80, but I do have a wismec p80 running tubo firmware and I’ve never gotten the weak battery warning using 25A cells (Sony vtc5d).

sanzarelli

aKXsY9z.jpg

Hey everyone- from NYC.

My pre-built arrived last week. I'm a long time Crafty/Mighty user, so the mod was a steep learning curve for me, but I spent some time on this thread and answered most of my questions. Got burned hard by stealth mode right off the bat, and had to order new batteries AFTER my unit arrived. I also ordered a beech capsule stem a few weeks ago which I'm excited about, but bummed about all the new options Funky added just yesterday. Regardless, love this thing. Love the vapor, the tiny bowls with the screen, the temperature step settings. Thing rips.

Side note: 3 minutes after I took this picture, the nub got hot and stuck to my mouth like licking a metal pole when it's really cold. Just the opposite. Anyways the nub popped out and fell square on the tip on the concrete. Luckily, only a hairline crack. Not the first time that has happened- anyone else had this happen?

Arbornaut

New batteries would probably let you get more out of your battery before you get the warning. The Samsung 30q is a 15A cell, and I’m fairly certain the tubo/tetra recommends 20A+. I don’t have a tetra p80, but I do have a wismec p80 running tubo firmware and I’ve never gotten the weak battery warning using 25A cells (Sony vtc5d).

Thats interesting about the 30Qs! It's what came with my TetraP80 after all, so figured it was the best bet. I'll definitely see if I can find some Sony vtc5d cells around here then, and I'll give them a go. Probably a lot to do with poor cell management on my part as well, but live and learn I guess.

Oh and @sanzarelli that definitely happens to me a lot, only I get lucky and it stays stuck to my lips long enough for me to grab it before falling. Lol... i think dry lips may be the culprit, so licking my lips before a draw seems to help.

MikeRotchHertz

The nub is bad for doing that for me too. I guess uts because it comes to a tip. If you remember, lightly twist the stem as you put it in and it will lock it in place.

Note I said lightly because if you try to turn the stem firmly when it's already seated in the joint it could cause damage.

Last edited:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
here are a few how to videos, one of them is how to "lock" the glass mouthpieces in place:

30qs should be up to the task as they are underrated. but after a while it is normal for them to display the weak battery warning at around 50 percent. ill see if i can tackle the low battery trigger in the next update. opening and closing the batterydoor sometimes helps to get the next session started. i recently switched to the vtc6 (similar specs) as the optional battery amd have good a experience with them so far but time will tell for how long they keep the power up.

edit: i recommend against twisting in ground glass joints, pressing it into the unit straight amd wiggling to get it out as per the video should work.

shopdognyc

aKXsY9z.jpg

Hey everyone- from NYC.

My pre-built arrived last week. I'm a long time Crafty/Mighty user, so the mod was a steep learning curve for me, but I spent some time on this thread and answered most of my questions. Got burned hard by stealth mode right off the bat, and had to order new batteries AFTER my unit arrived. I also ordered a beech capsule stem a few weeks ago which I'm excited about, but bummed about all the new options Funky added just yesterday. Regardless, love this thing. Love the vapor, the tiny bowls with the screen, the temperature step settings. Thing rips.

Side note: 3 minutes after I took this picture, the nub got hot and stuck to my mouth like licking a metal pole when it's really cold. Just the opposite. Anyways the nub popped out and fell square on the tip on the concrete. Luckily, only a hairline crack. Not the first time that has happened- anyone else had this happen?
welcome local friend

SquirrelMaster

@sanzarelli
What kind of wood is your device? That's a nice shot, such a good looking vape!

The nub is bad for doing that for me too. I guess uts because it comes to a tip. If you remember, lightly twist the stem as you put it in and it will lock it in place.

Note I said lightly because if you try to turn the stem firmly when it's already seated in the joint it could cause damage.

When this video was posted earlier I completely spaced on how you locked the stem in. I must have been really stoned because that was very obvious :lol:.

MikeRotchHertz

@sanzarelli
What kind of wood is your device? That's a nice shot, such a good looking vape!

When this video was posted earlier I completely spaced on how you locked the stem in. I must have been really stoned because that was very obvious :lol:.
I still barely remember to do it half the time. Also I said light twist but the video is definitely just pushing down until its seated in the joint. Don't twist with it seated unless you want a broken glass joint. I believe someone else recommended that on the splinter thread one time and I got it mixed up. Especially if you have clumsy fingers like I get.

MikeRotchHertz,

Kinick23

@Skuanchy definitely a lot of versatility with the p80. Have you considered using a water rig or J hook? Those are great options to have as part of your arsenal to mix up the experiences plus they offer great cooling/conditioning of the vapor. I started with the nub and bendy stem and liked those but once I got this thing on a rig it really highlights the full potential of the vape as you get massive desktop style rips with no harshness, and as Funky alluded you can really rip this heater hard/fast and it will keep up. Nowadays I only use the stems for travel and rotate btwn rig and j hook for at home use.

on temps I usually go btwn 340F-410F and temp step along the way, or when lazy I default to 400 and ride it out for the whole sesh and find that temp gives you some flavor and extracts thoroughly. Definitely experiment on packing the basket screen directly vs packing the herb in the joint full but not tight and then using the basket screen as a cap so it doesn’t fall out into the heater area. There’s mixed views on this but I prefer the basket screen as I get better overall performance and use less herb plus I like that I can kill a basket in a couple hits and then reload freshies.

the preheat option is great and I recommend that. You can triple click to start your warm up and then proceed to break up your herb so it’s ready when you are, it becomes a ritual inevitably haha. Once the pre heat is done, the glass is soaked and ready to go; if you pull hard on first hit at 400F watch wat happens ...
:popcorn:

Skuanchy

@Kinick23 Everything you saying sounds soo good honestly, will keep this answer in mind, already had ordered the j-hook and a beech medium stem, I think the one that is all glass inside, probably will use that as a wpa, i've seen this but not sure if works with all beech stems.

At the moment I have a bubbler (a moebius, pretty cheap and looks good quality) that I usually use dry with my dynavap and it helped a lot improving the expirience with it, but im sure with the tetra it's gonna be so much better and easier.
I guess that I will be using the beech and j-hook to share with friends, and if they feel confident and want something more I will take out the bubbler haha

I cant wait to get used to the ritual you talking about, thank you so much for your help everyone on this site is very helpfull! I really apreciate all of you taking the time to respond to everything.

Ripstar

I am eyeing one of these. In order to receive emails for drops, do I simply create a account or, do I also have to email them to be added?

Ripstar,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
@Skuanchy

the preheat option is great and I recommend that. You can triple click to start your warm up and then proceed to break up your herb so it’s ready when you are, it becomes a ritual inevitably haha. Once the pre heat is done, the glass is soaked and ready to go; if you pull hard on first hit at 400F watch wat happens ...
:popcorn:

I tend to go straight to cruise and avoid preheat mode. It seems like it would be more exhausting on batteries, how many cycles are you getting on one charged battery?

FlyingLow,

GoldenBud

I tend to go straight to cruise and avoid preheat mode. It seems like it would be more exhausting on batteries, how many cycles are you getting on one charged battery?
how much seconds it takes you to get a 225C satisfying hit? 20 seconds to begin?

GoldenBud,

Kinick23

@FlyingLow yeah I’ve seen almost 10% come off the battery life after a pre-heat. I prob get around 3 sessions from fully charged, my seshes aren’t long though I cruise for 3 mins and sometimes don’t take the full time , crush a basket in 2-3hits. After I first got and saw how it ran through batteries I ordered like 10 of em on a sale and never really think about it anymore.

Kinick23,
Top Bottom