Tetra P80

Mr_SpaceCadet

I don't know what the fuck happened. I've been using it more heavily lately but no issues.

Well, I just came back from the bathroom and tried to finish my bowl, and it flashed green when pressed but the screen stayed black. I tried turning off and on. It won't turn on. I changed batteries.

I'm really worried now. I love this vape.

Edit: I probably should have listened to that litrle voice that said to leave it until morning but I tried to update the firmware to see if that did anything. At first it didnt even read the Tetra at all. So I tried resetting and updating. Nothing. The Sinuous mod is recognized in NFEToolbox though. It won't turn on still.

Last edited:
Mr_SpaceCadet,

GoldenBud

I don't know what the fuck happened. I've been using it more heavily lately but no issues.

Well, I just came back from the bathroom and tried to finish my bowl, and it flashed green when pressed but the screen stayed black. I tried turning off and on. It won't turn on. I changed batteries.

I'm really worried now. I love this vape.

Edit: I probably should have listened to that litrle voice that said to leave it until morning but I tried to update the firmware to see if that did anything. At first it didnt even read the Tetra at all. So I tried resetting and updating. Nothing. The Sinuous mod is recognized in NFEToolbox though. It won't turn on still.
Please make sure you close the lid of the P80 properly ? gently and it fits right? I had problems with this mod closing it from time to time. it can be recognized in nfe because of the cable, but usually if it's recognized that's a good sign (it gets power that's good.. try closing it gently and better)

edit: maybe you are in stealth mode!! i think if you press + - together for few seconds? maybe something will get changed?

GoldenBud,

Mr_SpaceCadet

Please make sure you close the lid of the P80 properly ? gently and it fits right? I had problems with this mod closing it from time to time. it can be recognized in nfe because of the cable, but usually if it's recognized that's a good sign (it gets power that's good.. try closing it gently and better)

edit: maybe you are in stealth mode!! i think if you press + - together for few seconds? maybe something will get changed?

I did check the battery door and I did think it might be stealth mode because I remembered something like this from here or tubo evic thread. But I couldn't find an actual fix for it.

And now it's not turning green either. 😓😢

Mr_SpaceCadet,

GoldenBud

I did check the battery door and I did think it might be stealth mode because I remembered something like this from here or tubo evic thread. But I couldn't find an actual fix for it.

And now it's not turning green either. 😓😢
connect it the wall, usb charger, is it goin?
u sure u click 5 times for turning it on right?

GoldenBud,

Mr_SpaceCadet

connect it the wall, usb charger, is it goin?
u sure u click 5 times for turning it on right?

It's not charging. That's the first thing I did. Plugged it in. No display, no charging bar. No charging or display when plugged into the laptop either.
And yes, five times.

Mr_SpaceCadet,

GoldenBud

It's not charging. That's the first thing I did. Plugged it in. No display, no charging bar. No charging or display when plugged into the laptop either.
And yes, five times.
take all your batteries to an external charger, you've got one?

GoldenBud,

Mr_SpaceCadet

I plugged the Tetra in with my charger and a fresh battery tried pressing fire and the left button again. The light started turning green again so I'm hoping that's a good sign and it's in stealth mode but I'm not sure why I can't turn off stealth mode if that's it.

Mr_SpaceCadet,
Reactions: shopdognyc

Mr_SpaceCadet

Thanks, still no change. I still can't get the screen to show up when pressing fire and the left button to turn off stealth mode. When I take the battery out and in it becomes unresponsive again and I seem to have to hold fire and left for it to go green. When I press fire and left it stops responding until I do it again which I find really odd. I also can't seem to turn it off. It does seem to cruise and warm up but I can't see anything. It doesn't even show charging for a second when plugging it in.

When I plug it into my laptop the tubo evic joyetech updater says "Unknow Device." That's actually "unknow" and not "unknown" btw. It doesn't show firmware version or hardware version.

Mr_SpaceCadet,

shopdognyc

they seem pretty responsive by email, assuming you reached out and just waiting for a response?

shopdognyc,

GoldenBud

turning off stealth mode is + or - with fire button same time for few seconds .. i dunno what's minus or plus in mine, the software inverted

GoldenBud,

Mr_SpaceCadet

Can you please clean the contacts of the p80 with the battery, easily and gently with abit of ethanol / iso ? make sure they are clean

What makes you think that will help? 🤔 It's on and flashing green, just no screen.

Like with a qtip and a little iso? I'm a little worried I could fuck that up.

Mr_SpaceCadet,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Mr_SpaceCadet

Yeah don't bother, that's not going to make a difference, just wait for Lamart to help you!

Ok the initial debugging is done, wait for funkyjunky

I emailed him. Is there a way to tag people on here so they might be notified? I'm not sure how long a reply will take based on past emails, though he's been great and definitely does his best to help and address each point when he replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I emailed him. Is there a way to tag people on here so they might be notified? I'm not sure how long a reply will take based on past emails, though he's been great and definitely does his best to help and address each point when he replies.

@funkyjunky yeah he'll respond when he can, I guess you just caught him at a good time the other day? Good luck

Shit Snacks,

Mr_SpaceCadet

Fuck. I was trying to press the buttons for different amounts of time and now it's not turning green again. I'm an idiot.

Mr_SpaceCadet,

GoldenBud

I just got a used p80, is the screen covering the heater replaceable? Tia
only by lamart himself, in most cases. clean it gently with some brush, or q-tip with the minimum amount of iso/ethanol
edit: and also with some pick tool, in the edge of the screen. you may find some old abv.

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just got a used p80, is the screen covering the heater replaceable? Tia

Yep

only by lamart himself, in most cases. clean it gently with some brush, or q-tip with the minimum amount of iso/ethanol
edit: and also with some pick tool, in the edge of the screen. you may find some old abv.

No, it actually is replaceable by the user, there are instructions in here, or maybe only the tubo thread, how to do so...

Last edited:
Top Bottom