Tetra P80

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I think the flip display is to turn your text upside down so you can read the temperature while it's on your bong, but I might be wrong

Bad Dog,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
I'd like to talk about the battery door. I like the way it works, however, I'm not confident it will withstand the test of time. I have been charging the batteries with an external charger. I'm now wondering if I should charge the battery while it is in the device. This would place less strain on the battery door hatch. Is there any downside to this?
i am sure someone will manage but i dont think the battery door is particularly vulnerable. it is held together with a metal rod that has a bit of play to slide it back and forth. at least i havent had any issues with my devices and havent heard from anyone that had yet.

charging inside the unit is no problem at all. its fairly quick as well.

Here is my question of the day. What does the flip display do. I have tried it a bunch of times this + & - push together when unit is OFF.
I turn it on but i don't know what flip display means.

I thank everyone for answering my questions. I have no problem with vape. It is my favorite in home portable. Since I am pretty much only at home I haven't thought yet about how to take it with me. It just seems so far incredibly controllable. And it is so different then my favorite vape the Ghost MV1 that it is really fun to play with. It so much easier to clean for me. I need things to be spotless every time I use it. So two stems allow me to have a clean stem all the time.

And the unit just doesn't seem to have any cleaning issue at all. That is true is it not?

you have to press and hold those buttons while off until you see the display flipped, then turn on again and it is flipped. do the same to get it back

the unit itself doesnt need cleaning apart from holding it upside down and knocking on it to get crumbs out that may occasionally fall into it when not using the basket screen to cap bowls.

My question of the day: Is there a charger that could be set to not do a full charge.. For example to 4.1 volts That is an 80% charge i think. Now I use batteries and when they are below 50% I charge them to full.

@OF! I really noticed that this device devours the battery so I feel that maybe I should decide whether I care. Just buy new ones. I have got 4. 30q
If I cared i would charge it to 4 1 volts and not let it get below 3.5 volts (20% to 80%) charge. I want to make sure this is technically true.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: OF!

OF!

My question of the day: Is there a charger that could be set to not do a full charge.. For example to 4.1 volts That is an 80% charge i think. Now I use batteries and when they are below 50% I charge them to full.

@OF! I really noticed that this device devours the battery so I feel that maybe I should decide whether I care. Just buy new ones. I have got 4. 30q
If I cared i would charge it to 4 1 volts and not let it get below 3.5 volts (20% to 80%) charge. I want to make sure this is technically true.

No there is not. At least not that I can find. Sales types would not allow it, they want big numbers (what sells) and would like to sell you a replacement as soon as possible. All (four) of the charge controller ICs I could find follow this rule (if they did not, makers would of course buy from their competitors to get longer run times......). That's why I 'invented' my Gadget for Solo years ago, it automatically cuts charge at about 15% 'early'. And does considerably extend battery lifetime.

BTW 4.1 Volts is really about 10%, see the Battery University write up for the details.

There is an exception for this 'rule'. The Military often specifies 3.95 Volts. They're not stupid, or driven by sales types looking for more profit. They reason, IMO rightly so, that not having to replace used packs 'in the field' outweighs the 20% or more capacity per recharge. So, obviously, I should just buy the controller ICs made for this? No chance. All are 'mil spec' (mostly higher temperature) and therefore much more expensive. And most are 'surface mount' (very hard to deal with as opposed to normal 'through hole' packages which are larger). I was on the track of one before I hit a 10,000 piece minimum and six months to delivery.

My best advice is to wait until you're ready, recharge (to full) then immediately enjoy a session to lower it?

Regards to all.

OF

abcd5432

How often are drops on this? I don't even know why I like how this looks so much.

It looks like a 3 month wait between orders and delivery? Edit:I know this already.

Last edited:
Abcd5432,

dimmusp

I use a Nitecore UM2 which has a voltage display while charging. I keep an eye on the battery and remove it when it gets to 3.85 V, which is the standard "storage voltage". Supposedly that gives them the longest life possible. If I know I'm going to use the battery on a particular day, then I either put it back on the charger to top it off, or just use it like that, which is enough for a short session.

dimmusp,

Kinick23

What kind of water adapter and bubbler are you using? The vapor is also too harsh for my wife and I. It doesn't really feel hot on the lips or mouth, but our throat gets sore (maybe it's just too dry?).
Hey bro, it's actually a dh gate knock-off of a Mobius piece. I like it but sometimes wish the arm came up higher so I wouldn't have to lift it as much haha I found the same style with a different handle that solves for that and ordered it a couple weeks ago so we'll see if it shows up (hopefully). The adapter is from RBT 19/19mm female; I totally hear you on the throat heat, it can feel like pulling on a hair dryer at times. Other than finding a cooling solution that works for you (stems, rigs, whips etc), I've found making more of a conscious effort to drink water during vape sessions to be helpful.

Kinick23,
Reactions: dimmusp

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Really been digging these Molicel batteries!

I was skeptical, but these are performing far better than my old and tired batteries with higher C ratings. I am getting more cycles (using Cruiz @440) and the battery is operating fine at lower voltage levels. My other batteries pretty much stop performing below 50%, but these batteries keep on goin!

dimmusp

Hey bro, it's actually a dh gate knock-off of a Mobius piece. I like it but sometimes wish the arm came up higher so I wouldn't have to lift it as much haha I found the same style with a different handle that solves for that and ordered it a couple weeks ago so we'll see if it shows up (hopefully). The adapter is from RBT 19/19mm female; I totally hear you on the throat heat, it can feel like pulling on a hair dryer at times. Other than finding a cooling solution that works for you (stems, rigs, whips etc), I've found making more of a conscious effort to drink water during vape sessions to be helpful.
Nice. Do you have a link to the new bubbler with the better handle? Thanks

OGFib

Really been digging these Molicel batteries!

I was skeptical, but these are performing far better than my old and tired batteries with higher C ratings. I am getting more cycles (using Cruiz @440) and the battery is operating fine at lower voltage levels. My other batteries pretty much stop performing below 50%, but these batteries keep on goin!
Question: which of the Molicel battery cells do you use? They have a few models on their website.
Also where do you buy these from? Link perhaps?
☮️

OGFib,

SquirrelMaster

Question: which of the Molicel battery cells do you use? They have a few models on their website.
Also where do you buy these from? Link perhaps?
☮️
Flying low posted where I bought my 26A's. They had a 28A (200mA more) for a little while while but they're not around for some reason. Molicel was working on a higher capacity 18660 as well but that was before 2020 went to shit so maybe later this year. I have 26As in my Mi2, Mi3, a pair for my SplinterZ (Paranormal 250C) and Tera, I've swapped them into my Tinymight and they'll power my Nomad and a Tetra P80 when they make their way to me. Awesome cell!

Mr_SpaceCadet

Hey, so I have a few things I wanted feedback on... TIA!

1. I'm trying to pick some batteries for the Tetra P80, but I know nothing about batteries, amps, continuous etc. I think I may also need to rewrap my existing batteries, though I've never done it.​

It looks like LG HG2s are still recommended, and I've seen some mention of VTC5A and 5d? VTC6, etc. Molicel 26A sounds interesting.

2. I love the Tetra, but I have trouble with taking consistent draws, long and slow, and getting consistent results, though I'm getting better. I also don't feel or taste the vapor very often, which makes it hard for me to gauge and to adjust my inhale. Especially when I'm distracted or I have a migraine/don't feel good.​
So I wanted to ask for help on that, and how best to inhale with a bong, since bongs aren't very conducive to long, slow inhales. At least for me. I'm the worst at maintaining the right draw with bongs, though better with the whip and a (dry) bubbler. I've been too nervous to fill the bubbler stem with water, even after watching videos.​

Is there a way to adjust airflow/resistance to make it easier to take different draws? Like with different stems or modifications to stems like cooling beads... something? I haven't tried cooling beads and I'm not sure where to get them.

3. I'm thinking about getting a base for a bong, the cork, and a D020-D. My bong's downstem is at an angle, which I don't like. Worth it? It'll be pricy altogether, so I'm a little undecided.. The long shipping time from dhgate doesn't help either, nor does taking into consideration more international shipping from lamart.​

I've also had some trouble with the Tetra not seeming quite stable/flat enough, especially when used on a whip. It'll slide a bit on the table, or wobble and even fell over a couple times. Any advice on this? I did try putting it on the (dinner) tray I usually use for prep and vaping, which is slightly textured. It's better on the carpet, but I want to be able to use it on a table or similar surface more easily.

@funkyjunky you said the unit doesn't actually turn off when clicked 5x, just that it doesn't become responsive? Would it be better to take the battery out or does it not really matter in the end? Have you tried any of the batteries people have been suggesting, and do you have any input on the above?

GreenWolf,
Reactions: dimmusp

Bazinga

Since my glass stem broke while cleaning I have been using stems from my Splinter. They just don't work as well as the bendy stem that came with the P80. The end of the Splinter stem, that holds the flower, is slightly shorter than the of the P80r stem. I'd rather not wait for a new stem to arrive from Switzerland. Any suggestions for acquiring the proper dimensioned stem from a USA vendor?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Since my glass stem broke while cleaning I have been using stems from my Splinter. They just don't work as well as the bendy stem that came with the P80. The end of the Splinter stem, that holds the flower, is slightly shorter than the of the P80r stem. I'd rather not wait for a new stem to arrive from Switzerland. Any suggestions for acquiring the proper dimensioned stem from a USA vendor?

Ah, just like I told you, try www.vgoodiez.com

Shit Snacks,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I may have gotten VG's last bendy Amber... I tried getting two in the cart, but it would only let me get one.

I've now broken one nub cleaning (too much heat), one bendy cleaning (dropped in the sink), and another nub has a hairline fracture in it (unknown cause). Next time stems are available at VG, I am ordering a few of each so not to be in this situation again.

I may have gotten VG's last bendy Amber... I tried getting two in the cart, but it would only let me get one.

I've now broken one nub cleaning (too much heat), one bendy cleaning (dropped in the sink), and another nub has a hairline fracture in it (unknown cause). Next time stems are available at VG, I am ordering a few of each so not to be in this situation again.
I'm guessing it's always the bendy stems that seem to break for people eh?

Dropped mine a few days ago...I felt like a kid that had dropped the last juice box known to man. 😭

Gotta pick up a replacement and a few extras now.

HypochonIRL,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've broken more nubs than bendy's... but frankly, I am okay with it... all my own fault.

I would not change the stems at all. They are plenty beefy and I do not expect breakage unless you sit on them or drop it.

I've broken more nubs than bendy's... but frankly, I am okay with it... all my own fault.

I would not change the stems at all. They are plenty beefy and I do not expect breakage unless you sit on them or drop it.
If you don't mind me asking FlyingLow have you tried the short mouth piece? If so how would you say it compares to the nub? I picked up a short piece alongside my bendy stem when I got my P80 as a temporary backup. It works but the glass gets so hot I've managed to burn my lip twice. Trying to get some recommendations before I try to pick a cooling nub up.

HypochonIRL,
Top Bottom