Tetra P80

I would of had mine this morning but the mail man decided to play ding dong ditch. Didn't even leave a notice on the door that the package couldn't be delivered. :(

HypochonIRL,

OGFib

Congrats Sounds really nice, what cutouts did you get? I have a zigzag Bubinga with copper.. It's been my DD and Friday I broke my nub doh. Glad Vgoodiez has lamart stems state side. Grabed another nub and a long spikey both smoked and I'll have em Tuesday. love to see some pictures when it arrives.
Here's mine and a shot of the heater. Love my little P80 The lacewood is beautiful. View attachment 222View attachment 226View attachment 222
Is this a Bubinga or Lacewood?

OGFib,

JabbaDocious

F*****ck.... tracking says it was delivered but it wasn’t... what can I do about that? I live in an apartment where the leasing office accepts all deliveries and they received today’s deliveries but mine wasn’t there even though tracking says it was.

jabbadocious,
I already had batteries charging when I got my device at 2:56 this afternoon. It was just inside the door when I came home today. Very smart device. Firstly I could not turn it on. I did not watch the videos again though I was expecting an actual button. I tried my short mouth piece first with that the
basket screen loaded so that only filled basked screen loose with a bit of a tamp. One click I guess in On Demand mode and it was so quick and easy. I thank @stickstones for
his video which inspired me to get this after my beloved truly beloved ghost has become an orphan. For the last two years that has been my go vape and it is a fair amount of work but I got down so it was amazingly consistent. I have two. This one is so much simpler and the power overcomes the great ghost advantage which was mass. The mass of the ghost in my thinking made it very stable once it got going. And there was ways to get it going which were part of the extracting great flavor from the medicine. I truly had no complaints but I now see that power may make up for its
lack of mass and be much faster and easier to for example load. My MV1 was so fussy about load if you wanted to work the same way every time. The grinding had to be very exactly even. Fine for me was easier to make it always work and once i ground it that way or used prerolls I never really had sessions that did not work well. I am hoping I can tune my use of this beautiful creature (i love the workmanship of this) to work that well. Because it seems except for the firmware (and it does look like you dont really need to care about changing stuff) so much simpler than the ghost I think I will be able to harness the flavor first and then extract every bit from it without it tasting bad. That is something I could do with the ghost.

Kinick23

@MonsterWithoutBorders welcome aboard mate, love my P80’s! I used the ghost too for about 15 months and retired it last summer after using my first tubo (OG version). The P80 is much more versatile, powerful, fun to use and a no fuss type of vape. I think the only area the ghost wins on is coolness of vapor but you can remedy that to a degree with diff cooling stem options available. The hot convection heat from the P80 can be a challenge if you have throat sensitivity (I do) and found a new love of vaping through water on a rig the past several months. I still use the stems but am really enjoying the P80 on a rig, you can milk it quickly with the powerful extraction from the heater. I do recommend a pre-heat before each use to prime the heater for cloud city! Other than that just ensure you have a lot of batteries as they drain quickly! Enjoy and let me know if you have any q’s, happy to help and grow here with the new FC. These are photos of the last custom Ralph and I worked on, received it a few weeks ago. My partner and I vape a lot together so this was an omage to us in a sense with the yin/yang theme of the skulls. Prior to that I was using a beta unit from an earlier drop. I haven’t messed with the two of them together yet to compare beta vs prod yet but am sure I’ll get bored enough at some point to do so

C7002121-6FDF-47D1-86FB-D9BBB2F771A9.jpegC83D58E1-7ACD-49E4-9C31-79429D280854.jpeg5899EA70-D012-44CF-B5A8-33EED5D3C259.jpegA78CEFF4-DE07-4F04-A804-D28A695BDA4B.jpeg57F32135-B09D-4932-A07A-906C574C2CD0.jpeg

Attachments

• 6E3067BB-1D64-4A48-A1CD-E2CDBDDC0587.jpeg
    6E3067BB-1D64-4A48-A1CD-E2CDBDDC0587.jpeg
    743.7 KB · Views: 10

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
WOW your inlay is so fucking ridiculous!!! What a beauty of a unit!

What are your preferred settings and temps for dry and wet usage?

FlyingLow,
@MonsterWithoutBorders welcome aboard mate, love my P80’s! I used the ghost too for about 15 months and retired it last summer after using my first tubo (OG version). The P80 is much more versatile, powerful, fun to use and a no fuss type of vape. I think the only area the ghost wins on is coolness of vapor but you can remedy that to a degree with diff cooling stem options available. The hot convection heat from the P80 can be a challenge if you have throat sensitivity (I do) and found a new love of vaping through water

I look forward to this challenge cause my throat is sensitive also but water removes too much taste for me. I could try a dry rig. That is what I use with my EVO. I am sure I will have a few questions for this forum. I wish the old forum was not sick.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
WOW your inlay is so fucking ridiculous!!! What a beauty of a unit!

What are your preferred settings and temps for dry and wet usage?

BTW I believe that is actually paint, not an inlay (way too complex to be an inlay probably)

The bent stems are great to use dry, along with the whips, and mini j hook. Plenty of options without having to go through water (which I pretty rarely do with mine honestly) @MonsterWithoutBorders

Shit Snacks,
So I always have a little trouble with 5 click devices. I can always get them on but it is harder sometime to get them off for me. I think once it is on then the clicks mean something and when it is off they mean nothing until they see 5. But after a few attempts I got that and mostly can get it off quick. Using OnDemand I can see it is battery expensive.

So here are some behaviors that people could tell me about their experience or knowledge.

I used a NCR18650B 4.9amp continuous power cause I had one and the 30Q was not charging quickly.. It barely worked and showed low battery. So "low battery" message with fully charged battery could mean that this battery is not up to snuff.

I loaded the basket screen and did what I would do with the MV1. I vaped many times at 170 with one stir until the flavor which was great ran out.
I then ramped up the temperature until it was about 200. At that point it tasted poor so I stopped. Then I waited 10 minutes and
in the MV1 I would have probably got another very interesting hit (high but light). but in the Tetra I got nothing at 170 so I went
back up to 200 and there was nothing there but wretched taste. Dumped it out and it was very evenly light colored. I feel I got everything.
The next time I will save AVB and use the evo to see if there is really nothing there.
I am guessing most people use a high temp at the beginning and get massive clouds and few draws(3) like @stickstones video where I am
getting perhaps 9 in total.

I am impressed with how this beats up the battery wowser. I can see why it is so responsive. Very impressive.

Last edited:
MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: dimmusp

Bazinga

Okay, I admit I'm not too bright. How do I determine if I'm in session or demand mode?

Bazinga,
Okay, I admit I'm not too bright. How do I determine if I'm in session or demand mode?
When you turn it on you give one click and that is OnDemand it seems to start off that way as default. You will notice on the display it says W2C1 if you click
it twice you see that will change. to "Cruise."
The manual does not help exactly. Thank goodness for fuck combusion

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Shit Snacks

So I always have a little trouble with 5 click devices. I can always get them on but it is harder sometime to get them off for me. I think once it is on then the clicks mean something and when it is off they mean nothing until they see 5. But after a few attempts I got that and mostly can get it off quick. Using OnDemand I can see it is battery expensive.

So here are some behaviors that people could tell me about their experience or knowledge.

I used a NCR18650B 4.9amp continuous power cause I had one and the 30Q was not charging quickly.. It barely worked and showed low battery. So "low battery" message with fully charged battery could mean that this battery is not up to snuff.

I loaded the basket screen and did what I would do with the MV1. I vaped many times at 170 with one stir until the flavor which was great ran out.
I then ramped up the temperature until it was about 200. At that point it tasted poor so I stopped. Then I waited 10 minutes and
in the MV1 I would have probably got another very interesting hit (high but light). but in the Tetra I got nothing at 170 so I went
back up to 200 and there was nothing there but wretched taste. Dumped it out and it was very evenly light colored. I feel I got everything.
The next time I will save AVB and use the evo to see if there is really nothing there.
I am guessing most people use a high temp at the beginning and get massive clouds and few draws(3) like @stickstones video where I am
getting perhaps 9 in total.

I am impressed with how this beats up the battery wowser. I can see why it is so responsive. Very impressive.

I typically temp step and ride the low flavors... What I actually wanted to say was you can change the number of clicks to be whatever you like, it can be 3 clicks instead of 5 (I think default is for three clicks to be tstep cruise-- which is where the temperature rises during the session to your specifications btw) and 4 clicks is edit, which you may not even need in normal usage... So it can be nice to set three clicks to powering it on and off, then choose btwn cruise, tstep, and warmup (which I never actually use myself at all) for 2 clicks and 4 clicks or edit, whatever you like.

Yeah you are always in on-demand mode, "session" would just be activating cruise with the two clicks (or a tstep cruise), which just means the heater is on without you having to hold the trigger... Great way to get things warmed up for on demand use.

Shit Snacks,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
per the manual: edit is not one of the standard clicks, see quick start section
manual.png

So I always have a little trouble with 5 click devices.
dont count, just click it until its off. nothing happens for 6+ clicks. clickclickclickclickclick(off)clickclickclick(nothing). i do the same for powering it on.

just fyi, the device is not actually off but is shutting down diplay and button responsiveness. if you dont throw it in a backpack where the button might be depressed then you also dont need to turn it off. btw worst thing that can happen with the trigger being accidentally pressed is battery drain, the mod controls too low battery in case and the wooden shell can withstand the heater no problem.

I typically temp step and ride the low flavors... What I actually wanted to say was you can change the number of clicks to be whatever you like, it can be 3 clicks instead of 5 (I think default is for three clicks to be tstep cruise-- which is where the temperature rises during the session to your specifications btw) and 4 clicks is edit, which you may not even need in normal usage... So it can be nice to set three clicks to powering it on and off, then choose btwn cruise, tstep, and warmup (which I never actually use myself at all) for 2 clicks and 4 clicks or edit,
How do you change this. I looked around menu but cannot see how to change power on and off click number.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Bazinga

I was cleaning the glass stem with Everclear. Worked okay, unfortunately the stem snapped at the bend (the skinniest part). I have plenty of Splinter cooling stems (both short and long) . Is there anything that I should be aware of when using these stems with the P80?

Shit Snacks

How do you change this. I looked around menu but cannot see how to change power on and off click number.

It is in interface, you'll see "clicks" at the top.

I was cleaning the glass stem with Everclear. Worked okay, unfortunately the stem snapped at the bend (the skinniest part). I have plenty of Splinter cooling stems (both short and long) . Is there anything that I should be aware of when using these stems with the P80?

Oof! Hate to hear that! Thankfully you have the Splinter stems, only thing is they will leave a little more distance between the heater and the herb with joint being 19/19 instead of 19/22... for me straight stems are also just a little less convenient because I like to use the Tetra upside down is all.

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom