Tetra P80

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
So if I fail again this time, do I get a custom slot? I did not screenshot my last failure though but posted on thread about it. The last time, I didn't even get to enter card details.
From what I’ve read herein 3rd time failure will secure a custom slot the next time. Also something to do with the payment being credited back (or whatever the process is) signifying the ‘failure’. I’ve never gotten that far as the payment processor crapped out last drop for me (and subsequently confirmed by Lamart privately via email). Fingers crossed that issue is resolved - I tried buying something on the site the next day more than 24 hours after the drop and I got an error. And I don’t believe my credit card from one of the largest national US banks had anything to do with it. We shall see. Good luck. :peace:

EDIT: the drops are relatively new to me and I’ve only participated in one so far. One P80 is all I need and want - ok, more want than need. It’s the only vape I’m interested in at the moment too. We’ll see how patient I’ll be winning the lottery unless something else piques my portable vape interest.

GoldenBud

So if I fail again this time, do I get a custom slot? I did not screenshot my last failure though but posted on thread about it. The last time, I didn't even get to enter card details.
basically, his manner is - if you got refunded twice, you can get special custom slot - you send him screenshots of the refunds, then he sends you a private link for order.
but, in the last drop there was an issue on the website, so i dunno how it works now, maybe you can still get it after 1 refund + 1 site issue
anyway good luck try scoring one device this time ;) be quick and share photos later :brow:

jbm

I tried buying something on the site the next day more than 24 hours after the drop and I got an error. And I don’t believe my credit card from one of the largest national US banks had anything to do with it.
You should try to contact your bank and clear it with them beforehand. Like you, the first couple times I tried ordering my card was declined. My guess is if you’re not often making international purchases it’s a red flag for fraud. I called my bank, told them it was indeed me making the purchase, and since then, my purchases go through. Even with the approval I still have to provide an verification code before it goes through. Don’t assume that it will just start working.

RobbIt

You should try to contact your bank and clear it with them beforehand. The first couple times I tried ordering my card was declined. My guess is if you’re not often making international purchases it’s a red flag for fraud. I called my bank, told them it was indeed me making the purchase, and since then, my purchases go through. Even then I still have to provide an authorization code before it goes through. Don’t assume that it will just start working.
Great tip Vaporific, thanks!

RobbIt,

Vaporific

Great tip Vaporific, thanks!
It was @jbm not me. I’m doing so now and on hold with them. I think however it’s not necessary (for me). Good luck! :peace:

EDIT: long story short it wasn’t necessary for me to call my bank but they did note it in my records. Perhaps it’s necessary for others.

Last edited:

jbm

EDIT: long story short it wasn’t necessary for me to call my bank but they did note it in my records. Perhaps it’s necessary for others.
I’m curious. Did they have an explanation for why multiple purchase attempts on your part failed?

jbm,

Vaporific

I’m curious. Did they have an explanation for why multiple purchase attempts on your part failed?
They didn’t need to:
Right but today, post drop, there’s nowhere to even enter a credit card number TODAY. Same shit yesterday during the drop. It could be my bank IF the site knew my credit card number which it does NOT. It could be a browser issue however I doubt it and I’m using the latest from Chome. It could be my antivirus software or VPN but it’s not. There’s an issue with the site now and more than likely during yesterday’s drop. I’m ecstatic for those who got one (P80) but I’ll again contend the playing field wasn’t level and the site, i.e. payment processors, had issues. It still does! :peace:

I cried foul after the last drop - the first I’ve participated in - since I was having issues with checkout. No, I wasn’t able to score a P80, which is the object of my affection within the vape world at the moment (actually for several months). I emailed CS shortly after the drop inquiring about the issue and received the following reply yesterday:

“Apologies for the late reply - I've been having issues with the mail server and thought I'd replied to you already!

And sorry for the issues on the day of the drop. The postfinance system was overloaded with traffic at the time and that caused a series of issues. We're hoping we've fixed the issue, so it should be better now, and for the next drop. Let me know if you still get issues, and sorry for any inconvenience the errors caused.”

So I wasn’t crazy or online illiterate (I’m not) and was experiencing issues during the drop. And yes I was logged into my account before the drop began. The only thing I did after the drop was to update Chrome as it was slightly behind, and I doubt that or my antivirus software were interfering with the process. I know people scored them (congrats!) and also have heard of similar issues to mine (consolations!).
Let’s hope for a better experience this time, that’s all. If I don’t score one this time without site technical issues I’m fine with that. I understand the premise of the ‘drop’ and okay with it. And if I score one I’ll be a friggin happy camper :) :peace:

Vaporific

So I'm logged in ready for the drop, refreshing the page referenced in the drop email and I don't see anything changing. I see a Tetra P80 custom item - and when filling in all of that there's no Add to Cart option (WTF?!?) - and the heater repair item. No pre-builts were ever listed. Trust me I kept refreshing my browser (desktop). Did the drop actually happen?? Trying to get one is turning into voodoo. Really. :peace:

Vaporific,

Vaporific

How I wish we would just drop time changes, it's such a pain! I mean I like that extra hour in the fall but this screws with Lamart drops :lol: !
Totally agree, and I apologize to everyone. I wish we'd keep the time as it is now always. Not blaming my last post on anything or anyone but myself. I should've remembered that. Thanks again, @pinetrrizzle - if he hadn't replied I may have skipped the actual time. Good luck everyone! :peace:

Vaporific

After calling my financial institution earlier this week to get pre-clearance, I was denied several times first on a custom and then 3-4 pre-builts. I may have fat-fingered my credit card number once but definitely not the other times. I'm going to call them later or tomorrow to see if anything really was denied. This sucks. If there's another Sunday drop I'll try again otherwise I'm done chasing this thing. I'm not buying a used one either. Congrats to all that scored one. :peace:

EDIT: I'm pissed! Called my bank and after I authenticated it announced all 5 declined transactions from the drop. I'm waiting for a call back and need to get to the bottom of this. I just wanted one but obviously tried 5 times. I likely would've gotten one this time if not for my friggin bank. Can't wait to hear their mea culpa on this one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom