• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Terpometer

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark

Terpometer_View1.jpg

Seems to be a useful and handy accessory when using a torch or such. At least for beginners, I imagine.
I touched one and it was heavier than I expected. I expected something very light.

While I am sure it is very handy and probably worth the price, I still wonder if it works a lot better than one of those cheap chinese eBay thermometers with thermocouple. And what thermocouple would be suitable for such a use.

Thick Vape,
Reactions: arb

biohacker

Owned the Terpometer, ODT Pocket Temper, and have a Terp-a-Terp on its way. Presently using an IR gun. They all have their pros and cons.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Oh cool.
I somehow would dislike to touch the banger, because I think it changes the temperature at least a little.
The IR Temp Tech model does not have this problem! But probably gives different readings for different banger materials.

Edit: The Temp-a-Terp look great!

Thick Vape,
Reactions: arb

biohacker

Oh cool.
I somehow would dislike to touch the banger, because I think it changes the temperature at least a little.
The IR Temp Tech model does not have this problem! But probably gives different readings for different banger materials.

Edit: The Temp-a-Terp look great!

My biggest issue with the Terpometer was that it took too long to register temp and I had to keep holding it. My IR takes just a second and I can put it down and try again. The Pocket Temper was dope, but constantly juggling it on different stands/levels was a bitch, because the distance to bottom of banger has to be consistent and I have multiple water tools..

The different materials don't really matter because it's more just used as a gauge. They're all pretty accurate if you are experienced with dabs and just kinda know what temp is what.

I ordered the Temp a Terp for the adjustable sensor IR.

There is also this, but not for $250 lol

Alexis

My biggest issue with the Terpometer was that it took too long to register temp and I had to keep holding it. My IR takes just a second and I can put it down and try again. The Pocket Temper was dope, but constantly juggling it on different stands/levels was a bitch, because the distance to bottom of banger has to be consistent and I have multiple water tools..

The different materials don't really matter because it's more just used as a gauge. They're all pretty accurate if you are experienced with dabs and just kinda know what temp is what.

Nice to see you back here recently, seemingly quite freely offering your knowledge, insight, perspective and experience.

Just know for certain, your posts are never a waste. I'm dead sure so many members gain so much from your experience.

maxymods

Heres another temp device ive seen. I like the idea of it a bit more than IR temp guns and the terpometer since you could just leave it in your nail after heating it seems. Havent seen many use videos though.

maxymods

Wow this industry is exploding! How did you even find that? lol
A lucky find you could say? Not that i plan to purchase one as 200s a bit too expensive for something like that for me lol. Followed this guy on Instagram for e rig related stuff and he did a few beta posts than released it. Went by ZC_glass but now goes by solidstateconcepts i think. It defiantly is and I can imagine there's some pretty good margins with these devices being upwards of 100. Cant imagine they cost too much too make! Sure we will see a lot more to come.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark

Thanks alot for your insights. Clears up alot for me.

All cool devices with farout prices for most.

Up to now I "trained and calibrated" my heating devices/skills with some pure cbd.
If it doesn't boil it is too cold.
if it boils and changes color quickly or even gets black it is too hot.
If it boils and color doesn't change much i am ready for some other rosin/concentrate that most likely needs a bit lower temperatures than pure cbd.

Thick Vape,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

Thanks alot for your insights. Clears up alot for me.

All cool devices with farout prices for most.

Up to now I "trained and calibrated" my heating devices/skills with some pure cbd.
If it doesn't boil it is too cold.
if it boils and changes color quickly or even gets black it is too hot.
If it boils and color doesn't change much i am ready for some other rosin/concentrate that most likely needs a bit lower temperatures than pure cbd.

My $30 Sovarcate IR is preferred over the Terpometer and ODT Pocket Temper! We'll see what I think once my new Temp-a-Terp lands!

biohacker

I've had a terpometer about 6 months and absolutely wouldnt live without it anymore. Worth every penny imi

Nice to hear your feedback that it's lasted so long! If you look at Amazon reviews there are definitely horror stories, especially when it comes to their customer service. You must be a patient dude, or perhaps I just don't have ANY patience! lol Likely the latter!

davesmith

Glass Blower
Nice to hear your feedback that it's lasted so long! If you look at Amazon reviews there are definitely horror stories, especially when it comes to their customer service. You must be a patient dude, or perhaps I just don't have ANY patience! lol Likely the latter!

Horror stories for the terpometer? No one I know has had a problem luckily!

Mangu

Here’s a newer one I stumbled upon. Very similar form and function as the ODT pocket temper Except this one is just a little smaller and can probably squeeze under slightly lower banger. Mainly what makes this one very attractive to someone like me is that it offers a much more reasonable price point imo:

https://www.trutempshop.com/

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Here’s a newer one I stumbled upon. Very similar form and function as the ODT pocket temper Except this one is just a little smaller and can probably squeeze under slightly lower banger. Mainly what makes this one very attractive to someone like me is that it offers a much more reasonable price point imo:

https://www.trutempshop.com/
79$ is probably the cheapest of them all, but somehow still sounds pretty expensive for a dedicated IR temp reader to me, seems I am getting old everything sounds expensive for what it is these days. :D
But they claim it is the most accurate and it has usb-c :myday:.

I wonder when the first comes out that protocols your banger temperature drops according to inserts and whatnot with bluetooth app maybe wlan, and midi:science:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
What are people aiming the IR thermormeters at? Mine doesn't work on clear, transparent materials (glass or quartz)

Top Bottom