Discontinued Terp Torch

angular ocelot

the difference between the glass screen elev8r bowl and the non screen bowl is that the glass screen is part of the way up the chamber, whereas in the no screen version, your metal screen sits at the bottom of it.
with the glass screen part way up the chamber it holds the herb nearer the heater and also works a bit better airflow wise.
i use an elev8r, not a terp torch, but since i got my glass screen version i dont use my no screen version. i use the glass screen version with a stainless screen on top.

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
the difference between the glass screen elev8r bowl and the non screen bowl is that the glass screen is part of the way up the chamber, whereas in the no screen version, your metal screen sits at the bottom of it.
with the glass screen part way up the chamber it holds the herb nearer the heater and also works a bit better airflow wise.
i use an elev8r, not a terp torch, but since i got my glass screen version i dont use my no screen version. i use the glass screen version with a stainless screen on top.
Very useful information! I wish we had a source for titanium screens.

Scuba Steve Tokes

So I have a lot of stuff to say about the Terp Torch, all positives and temp talk, but I wanted to share with you the new Amazon 14mm female to 18mm male adapters I have been using for microdosing. .05 at a time usually.

The Torch doesn’t sink down onto this at all but it makes a great seal on the very flat top of the adapter. Plus this is a pack of 4 and for the price you can only find 2 packs on Amazon at least.

This one works much better than the last adapter so I guess breaking that was a good thing :razz:

I’ll be back later to share my findings and do some light, friendly gloating because I’m very happy I picked up one of these marvelous vapes in time.

Scuba Steve Tokes,
Reactions: iammyself

androponic

vaped.
So I have a lot of stuff to say about the Terp Torch, all positives and temp talk, but I wanted to share with you the new Amazon 14mm female to 18mm male adapters I have been using for microdosing. .05 at a time usually.

The Torch doesn’t sink down onto this at all but it makes a great seal on the very flat top of the adapter. Plus this is a pack of 4 and for the price you can only find 2 packs on Amazon at least.

This one works much better than the last adapter so I guess breaking that was a good thing :razz:

I’ll be back later to share my findings and do some light, friendly gloating because I’m very happy I picked up one of these marvelous vapes in time.
actually Austin Simrell did this on the Terp Tech youtube channel with Brian when they were a launch preorder. cool that you stumbled upon this as well. i have one of these with a screen dedicated as a TT microdose bowl. Long live the Terp Torch!

androponic,

iammyself

Do you use a basket screen in the adapter? I have a couple 18mm to 14mm adapters that I use in the same way, but the 1/2” basket screens I have don’t fit them right. I have to smoosh it to fit. So I don’t use it often.

iammyself,

androponic

vaped.
Do you use a basket screen in the adapter? I have a couple 18mm to 14mm adapters that I use in the same way, but the 1/2” basket screens I have don’t fit them right. I have to smoosh it to fit. So I don’t use it often.
yes, i just smush a 13mm basket screen in a bit and it fits the end of the 14mm male side. and the concave from this becomes the bottom of the bowl. thats how i do it.

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I use storz and bickel dosing caps squished into the top. It's better than the baskets imho.

but I wanted to share with you the new Amazon 14mm female to 18mm male adapters I have been using for microdosing. .05 at a time usually.

Edit: Also, I've ordered your adapter and also have the ones The Chemist recommended, with the same issue that it sinks in unless you hold it just right. It gives the vape ssv syndrome imho, but I'm forced to use it atm because I literally misplaced my other bowls. How? IDK, I've forgotton my own name several times while sober.

Last edited:

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I'm back, got the 4 adapters. Woah. I couldn't make a mighty dosing cap fit flush, so I used one of the lids inverted like a mini bowl. The result is a nanodose (we're past microdosing at this point!) that hits nearly as hard as a fully-filled mighty bowl or basket screen in the adapter. It's maybe 1/4th as much weed. Every other time I've tried nanodosing, it never has that same kick to it... This does.

Wow. I'm positively gobsmacked.
Note: Temp setting 3, ti balls.

Edit: Apparently not safe. Disregard.

Last edited:

Morimoto

Yoyo, 2 weeks with the v2 bowl and It's fantastic, still using the v1 bowl more, but I've been using the v2 in the mornings, then switching to the v1 bowl afternoon/evening. I can see why everyone likes the smaller bowls for smaller loads, I'm just a nutbar and vape big ass loads, but the v2 bowl is perfect for a 1 lung hitter for me, I can pack it fully and rip it down in 1 lung pull, much easier for a really fast toot. For movies and relaxing at night though the big bowl is where it's at!

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Yoyo, 2 weeks with the v2 bowl and It's fantastic, still using the v1 bowl more, but I've been using the v2 in the mornings, then switching to the v1 bowl afternoon/evening. I can see why everyone likes the smaller bowls for smaller loads, I'm just a nutbar and vape big ass loads, but the v2 bowl is perfect for a 1 lung hitter for me, I can pack it fully and rip it down in 1 lung pull, much easier for a really fast toot. For movies and relaxing at night though the big bowl is where it's at!
I was using my elev8r bowl for even harder hits with less than the V2 and V1 bowls, because the unit is closer to the herb but it's still got room for a big load. Definitely a much fuller-bodied vapor than the microdosing mods but I prefer bigger hits as a nightcap to keep tolerance down. Most big rip vapes will destroy your tolerance eventually IME.

You might enjoy the Elev8r bow, it's $30 on vgoodiez. Someone on reddit did a review of a bunch of bowls from amazon as well.

VapePerson,

Scuba Steve Tokes

I use storz and bickel dosing caps squished into the top. It's better than the baskets imho.
I just learned yesterday why not to use S&B basket screens inventively :doh: I posted on the 420 VapZone discord about a hack I was using to keep my HydroBrick cleaner. I was putting in the top of adosing capsule upside down like you described but it turns out that when exposed to higher heats the aluminum can break down and you don’t want it in your air path. This was referencing a butane torch mind you but the Terp Torch gets hella hot too.
I use the 18mm DDave basket screens and with the those 18mm-14mm adapters I posted I do need to smush them basket screen down to make it fit but nothing crazy.

Attachments

• 9DB57E73-7F3B-4B6E-BB67-42685B0CF99A.png
    9DB57E73-7F3B-4B6E-BB67-42685B0CF99A.png
    1,023.2 KB · Views: 6
Scuba Steve Tokes,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I just learned yesterday why not to use S&B basket screens inventively :doh: I posted on the 420 VapZone discord about a hack I was using to keep my HydroBrick cleaner. I was putting in the top of adosing capsule upside down like you described but it turns out that when exposed to higher heats the aluminum can break down and you don’t want it in your air path. This was referencing a butane torch mind you but the Terp Torch gets hella hot too.

I use the 18mm DDave basket screens and with the those 18mm-14mm adapters I posted I do need to smush them basket screen down to make it fit but nothing crazy.
I was using those basket screens (can buy in bulk on amazon) but hated them. I just took the dosing caps out of my vape, thank you for that. :(

Know what the risks are of about a week of aluminum screen usage? All I can find suggests the issues were with 1000+ degree temps and open flames. I thought with the medical cert of S&B they'd be stainless steel, though, but that is wrong.

I'd also love an alternative. That was perfection. The basket screens used more material and I could never get a good hit on top of the adapters.

Last edited:
Thank you @angular ocelot and @androponic
I went with the elav8 bowl and ss screens and it works well. I think the original tt bowl v2 has a better fit for the screens I have and ends up being less messy, but the elav8 bowl is def better than the 4 (5?) amazon 18mm/14mm adapters I tried.
So, terps...
I am using the tt with titanium balls and can't help but notice everyone is talking higher temps. I use it at 525 and dial it up to 630 or so at the end. I have been using the sneaky pete mega globe (and ufo bubbler). Overall I am happy, but could I be happier? The tt terps are nice, but I feel like I still get more flavor although in much lesser quantity from the first shot of my dynavap. The water filtration (less smell) might be responsible, though.
Extract
Are you guys able to do any extracts with the tt? I have been topping off and sandwiching here and there but wonder if I could crank this up and use it with a banger or something.
Any pointers or things to try would be appreciated.

Djsleepy

just dont mess up yer tip and a replacement iron that fits the thread of the tip is “Atten 65watt soldering iron” i bought a backup on aliexpress for 25$. i may cop another just to assure years of TT use. It has to be from the same maker as they look identical minus the custom presets but you can set temps too.
Couldn't find on Alibaba but did at another place , have you actually.used it or ensured tip fit? I'm sure.you have.but before I drop.some.money want to make sure.TIA

Djsleepy,

androponic

vaped.
Couldn't find on Alibaba but did at another place , have you actually.used it or ensured tip fit? I'm sure.you have.but before I drop.some.money want to make sure.TIA
yes i did, its the same iron minus the tweaked firmware. i got one from aliexpress and another from adafruit, they are in the states but costs about 10 bucks more.

androponic,

Djsleepy

yes i did, its the same iron minus the tweaked firmware. i got one from aliexpress and another from adafruit, they are in the states but costs about 10 bucks more.
Cool I’m in states so getting from adafruit. Thanks !

Djsleepy,

Spike11552

Hey does anybody know of any sites that still may have the terp torch available for sale? Or does anyone have any reviews on the terp torch knock offs from DHgate? Thanks

Spike11552,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

androponic

vaped.
Hey does anybody know of any sites that still may have the terp torch available for sale? Or does anyone have any reviews on the terp torch knock offs from DHgate? Thanks
wheres this knockoff?

the atten soldering iron is actually the oem soldering iron from china but i have not seen a knockoff tip. if there is one it would be the one and only now so it would be nice to see it. now that brian officially closed the brand.

Last edited:

Spike11552

wheres this knockoff?

the atten soldering iron is actually the oem soldering iron from china but i have not seen a knockoff tip. if there is one it would be the one and only now so it would be nice to see it. now that brian officially closed the brand.
Honestly I don’t have that answer. I’m not a terp torch owner but I saw someone on subreddit vaporents saying DHgate has soldering irons for sale cheaper that do the same thing? Before I ordered one I wanted to see or confirm If anybody has gone this cheaper alternative now that terp torches are discontinued.

Spike11552,

androponic

vaped.
Honestly I don’t have that answer. I’m not a terp torch owner but I saw someone on subreddit vaporents saying DHgate has soldering irons for sale cheaper that do the same thing? Before I ordered one I wanted to see or confirm If anybody has gone this cheaper alternative now that terp torches are discontinued.
that is not a knockoff but the oem maker as its own brand but that is only the soldering iron, the magic is the titanium tip that is the actual vape and i have never seen a knockoff so if you dont already have a terp torch tip it will do you no good. we have purchased them as another source for the same iron so the titanium tip threads on it correctly to have a backup to heat it if it ever dies but you already must own the tip to swap over to it. the tip is where the magic happens anyway. without that its just a chinese soldering iron.

Last edited:

Spike11552

that is not a knockoff but the oem maker as its own brand but that is only the soldering iron, the magic is the titanium tip that is the actual vape and i have never seen a knockoff so if you dont already have a terp torch tip it will do you no good. we have purchased them as another source for the same iron so the titanium tip threads on it correctly to have a backup to heat it if it ever dies but you already must own the tip to swap over to it. the tip is where the magic happens anyway. without that its just a chinese soldering iron.
Thank you, I appreciate the help/feed back bud. Back on the hunt for a terp torch!

iammyself

Does anyone know what size screen I need to get for the 2021 bowl? I've been using the screen from the original bowl in the 2021 bowl, and lost the 2021 bowl screen. I ordered some 1" stainless steel pipe screens off Amazon, but they are too big. I want to be sure I get the correct size before ordering more.

iammyself,

Pukka

Thank you, I appreciate the help/feed back bud. Back on the hunt for a terp torch!
They do come up for sale on ent exchange really, really rarely. I've seen maybe 2 since they closed down, 1 was just way too expensive, I was broke when the other one came up. Good luck, I would like one for my collection too 🙃.

Have you looked at the 7th Floor LightSaver (LSV) or HighLighter (HLT)? You'd have to add balls to the LSV and the HLT uses a bulb and balls but both are using the same principals as a TT, just implemented differently.

Pukka,

Djsleepy

Does anyone know what size screen I need to get for the 2021 bowl? I've been using the screen from the original bowl in the 2021 bowl, and lost the 2021 bowl screen. I ordered some 1" stainless steel pipe screens off Amazon, but they are too big. I want to be sure I get the correct size before ordering more.
3/4in

Djsleepy,
Top Bottom