• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Terp Torch

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
If only there was some extra balls in case you drop some it wouldn't be a problem. I agree that the iron tip is a waste, you are never gonna switch between the soldering tip and the vaping tip because in a week you won't have any balls left. I tried the remove the tip after I had put the balls the first time to switch for my other balls to see if they would do, I broke two of them because they get stuck in a gap at the base of the ceramic and when you unscrew the tip they have no space to move and they crack. I had to be careful the second time I removed the tip and I had to waste a minute to unstuck the balls again with a pick.

biohacker

This vape has a horrible temp calibration right out of the box. Temp 1 is too hot. I'm hotspotting and the flavour sucks because of it. Rotating the bowl/wand is not an option. Guess I need to tinker with the temps in the menu settings. Guess I also need to ride the learning curve, but i'm going through material like never before 😳

biohacker,
Reactions: lazylathe

The Chemist

Yeah give it a couple of days to see if it's for you. For me the hot spot is now under control but I have extra balls so the hot spot don't move when the balls shift in the vape and I use two c-clip. It's gonna go thru a lot of herb that's for sure, that's why I prefer to use the reducer method with it.

biohacker

Yeah give it a couple of days to see if it's for you. For me the hot spot is now under control but I have extra balls so the hot spot don't move when the balls shift in the vape and I use two c-clip. It's gonna go thru a lot of herb that's for sure, that's why I prefer to use the reducer method with it.

How did you get two c-clips in there? Isn't there only room for one in the groove?

I'm doing way better now, just by watching the material and pulling the TT when I start seeing it brown.

The thing is, after a decade of fucking combustion and using vapes and then quitting and switching to dabs for the past 3 years, I just can't go back to flower vapes, flower is just not for me (not to mention that i'm allergic :lol:)

So with that said, i've been out of the flower vaping loop for too long now, and while i'm sure this vape makes many owners happy, it's just not something i'm going to keep in my arsenal.

In the meantime, i'll stay torched with my Blazer! Enjoy everyone! :wave:

The Chemist

How did you get two c-clips in there? Isn't there only room for one in the groove?

I'm doing way better now, just by watching the material and pulling the TT when I start seeing it brown.

The thing is, after a decade of fucking combustion and using vapes and then quitting and switching to dabs for the past 3 years, I just can't go back to flower vapes, flower is just not for me (not to mention that i'm allergic :lol:)

So with that said, i've been out of the flower vaping loop for too long now, and while i'm sure this vape makes many owners happy, it's just not something i'm going to keep in my arsenal.

In the meantime, i'll stay torched with my Blazer! Enjoy everyone! :wave:

The clip will hold even if it not in the groove so I put the second one right on top of the first one that sit in the groove. It's flush with the top of the tip and so far nothing has moved I keep a close eye on it because I don't want to have a burning hot c-clip flying thru the air and land god knows where. The pressure from the clip should hold it in place but I don't want to touch anything since it's a pain to install properly. I knew you would not keep the vape since you are allergic, I'm curious what reaction do you have when you vape flower?

The Chemist,

biohacker

I knew you would not keep the vape since you are allergic, I'm curious what reaction do you have when you vape flower?

I thought I already indicated previously that I didn't plan on keeping it :brow: as I don't vape flower... this was just for fun and to confirm some things that required confirmation! It's more of a dermal contact allergy as i'm allergic to contact with some trees, grasses, leaves, etc and of course weed which causes me hives/itching, and with flower it can get really bad with sneezing and watery eyes. As for the vapour, I think perhaps 12 years of hardcore vaping took its toll, and my body rejects it similar to combustion. Basically I fucked combustion in 2005, vaped flower for 12 years, then switching to vaping rosin, then dabbing it, then dabbing extracts off of gemstones which is where i've been at for the past few years and presently. It's the best cannabis experience i've ever had to date, and I wouldn't be able to go back to vaping flower, similar to combustion. But i'm getting old! :rofl:

The Chemist

@biohacker allergies suck and I think I began to feel them for the first time this spring, I need to go see the doc and pass some test to be sure, hopefully if i'm allergic it's to stuff I can't vape. I've been vaping for four years now and I try to keep my consumption low so I don't end up with health problems down the road for the sake of my lungs. We have one thing in common, you won't believe me but I'm getting old too! :rofl:

This idea you got there is really interesting @DDave. I think I have all the parts to pull it off since I already got a lot of glass from your kits, I'll have to remember to try it some times to see how it compare to the EQ.

I keep forgetting to try it with my Runt, I'm looking forward to read what you think of it @Choices

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I thought I already indicated previously that I didn't plan on keeping it :brow: as I don't vape flower... this was just for fun and to confirm some things that required confirmation! It's more of a dermal contact allergy as i'm allergic to contact with some trees, grasses, leaves, etc and of course weed which causes me hives/itching, and with flower it can get really bad with sneezing and watery eyes. As for the vapour, I think perhaps 12 years of hardcore vaping took its toll, and my body rejects it similar to combustion. Basically I fucked combustion in 2005, vaped flower for 12 years, then switching to vaping rosin, then dabbing it, then dabbing extracts off of gemstones which is where i've been at for the past few years and presently. It's the best cannabis experience i've ever had to date, and I wouldn't be able to go back to vaping flower, similar to combustion. But i'm getting old! :rofl:
You didnt keep long at all I see you on reddit haha.
I will be getting my FP ih n a couple days so I will finally know if TT can hold its spot in my rotation

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
I will be getting my FP ih n a couple days so I will finally know if TT can hold its spot in my rotation
I've compared this to all my heavies (Evo, Weedeater, Ditanium, SSV43, etc) and it certainly belongs in rotation based on performance. It's got plenty of quirks and things to learn (temp vs draw speed vs bowl size vs distance from herb) but I think that's what's getting me to come back more; experimenting.

biohacker

I would list it here too but i'm trying to keep it within Canada for a couple of reasons. One is that the stand is really heavy so international shipping would be too expensive (perhaps why the vape costs more at VapeNorth.ca) and also because international shipping has been taking "dghate time" to arrive lol What normally takes 2 weeks is taking a month due to the border slow down/backlog/bs etc.

You'll probably love the TT! I just hate all flower vapes! lol

biohacker,
Reactions: lazylathe

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I've compared this to all my heavies (Evo, Weedeater, Ditanium, SSV43, etc) and it certainly belongs in rotation based on performance. It's got plenty of quirks and things to learn (temp vs draw speed vs bowl size vs distance from herb) but I think that's what's getting me to come back more; experimenting.
I feel like it will too. My TT is easy to use in bed with wife. That's where 80% of my vaping happens

@biohacker yeah I've been enjoying. I stick to flower atm. My state already railed me one for rosin press and bubble machine. Pretty painful. Hopefully soon I can enjoy some again with out PTSD haha

SatanLovestoVape

My TT get use daily and I owned the FP. I have been testing out the 18/14mm reducer method lately. Now, I don't have to load a half gram everytime I used the terp torch. The reducer hold as much herb as my woodscent vape. The results are very pleasing. http://instagr.am/p/CE4nB3lHLjE/

biohacker

Combustion bowl + Arizer EQ basket screen = perfect hover fit on top solution to micro dose bowl? We shall soon see!

Shit is about to go down!

..the other thing that looks like it will work well is just a tiny screen on the bottom (or none) and twirling the tip around the the smooth glass opening! Giggity!!

The Chemist

Combustion bowl + Arizer EQ basket screen = perfect hover fit on top solution to micro dose bowl? We shall soon see!

Shit is about to go down!

..the other thing that looks like it will work well is just a tiny screen on the bottom (or none) and twirling the tip around the the smooth glass opening! Giggity!!

Nice alternative to the reducer technique, I like it. I have so many bowl that comes with my water pipes that I don't know what to do with them since I don't combust more than a couple of times a year. What temps are you using?

biohacker

Nice alternative to the reducer technique, I like it. I have so many bowl that comes with my water pipes that I don't know what to do with them since I don't combust more than a couple of times a year. What temps are you using?

I had to reduce the temp to low 600's on temp 1, but still getting some hot spotting. I think it's time for a live resin dab on the ruby lol

Choices

I go back and forth between them but prefer here. I mean I have a Mighty and while it has its purpose, I don’t understand the love fest it seems to be experiencing. But.... my Terp Torch is scheduled to be delivered today so perhaps I’ll be adding to this thread soon!

biohacker

It's hard to explain other than the forum is completely different then it used to be and you're too new to really appreciate if I fully explained. Or sorry i'm just too lazy my ignorance/bad.

So tell me @biohacker what are your thoughts on the vape? Performance vs price, is it something that you would tell someone to get or avoid?

Honestly i'm not even qualified to really discuss flower vapes anymore because i've been out of the loop for too long! But as it stands now I would definitely tell people to avoid it and stick with the LSV.... IMHO it isn't even close. I guess I could go into more detail, but i'm not sure it's even allowed here to compare and contrast pros/cons of both vapes because it pollutes the thread or something, but maybe i'm wrong?

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
It's hard to explain other than the forum is completely different then it used to be and you're too new to really appreciate if I fully explained. Or sorry i'm just too lazy my ignorance/bad.

Honestly i'm not even qualified to really discuss flower vapes anymore because i've been out of the loop for too long! But as it stands now I would definitely tell people to avoid it and stick with the LSV.... IMHO it isn't even close. I guess I could go into more detail, but i'm not sure it's even allowed here to compare and contrast pros/cons of both vapes because it pollutes the thread or something, but maybe i'm wrong?
As someone who has used both, they hit very different. I won't list pros and cons, but this extracts faster, tastes similar, and is easier to dial in IMO than the LSV. Anyone writing it off without trying it is missing out on a really great product providing a new experience.

The Chemist

I think we should be able to compare the vapes but not keep repeating the same thing over and over. The comparison between the TT and the LSV was already made a couple of page ago so no need to do it again, unless you have something to say that wasn't talked about before. Being out of the loop doesn't mean your opinions aren't valid, in fact it can bring a new perspective to the discussion.

Top Bottom