Discontinued Terp Torch

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I also changed my technique with the way I rotate to get my even roast. It's not to vape I rotate but the bowl and it's so much easier, no more fight with the cord. The metal clips I use to hold the glass are loose enough that I can lift the adapter a little bit and do a quarter turn without too much trouble, I just lift the vape a tiny bit a the top and do my quarter turn to cook everything evenly. I can touch the ridge on middle of the male adapter, it stay cool enough to hold when you are not inhaling hot air thru it, so that's the part I turn. The only problem is some times the glass will get stuck so before I start I just move the glass on the joint to make sure everything is free to move.

IMO that seems pretty involved if we're expecting a smoker to convert if they have to do the above dance to vape a bowl, especially considering that smokers aren't going to have spare vaporizer parts from other devices on hand to mod this with.

Last edited:

SonicBacon

I am not an influencer/fan boy, just a regular guy that has been very happy with the Terp Torch... BUT I bought in on day one thinking I was getting a "deal" and now I see it available at Vapenorth.ca only one week later for LESS than it cost me to get it. I guess that's what I get for jumping in early and trying to support the company directly.

On the techical side, I see people saying it would be better with a 90 degree connection but I think that this would put too much stress on the glass bowl and you would have to hold it carefully to avoid toppling things over.

Austyn's microdose mod with an 18/14 reducer is really great if you haven't tried it yet.

androponic

vaped.
One thing to remember is that not everybody lives in the US and the delivery fees can be very high. With USPS if my package get screened at the border I'm gonna have to pay taxes and duty, you can add handling fees with the private carriers. This means if I have to pay a percentage of the value of my package it's better to be 160$ than 280$.

The stand is anything but janky. It does the job of holding the vape and at close to 1200g this is the heaviest and most stable stand I have. Even if I bump the stand only the goose neck will move. The only thing I wish this had better protection from the heat but you can burn yourself on a lot of other stands regardless of the design. The vape is 120$ at regular price so the stand is an extra 40$ in the bundle. How much do the stand for the Flowerpot or the Herborizer cost again? You can burn yourself on these too.

I played around last night and got some good results.

The hot spot and the C-clip was on my mind, @D3m0nFlare got me thinking about the possibility of the gap in the clip letting more heat passing thru so I wanted to find something to fill it. The answer was in the box, I used both clips.

View attachment 2124

There's enough space to put both clips and it only took me a couple of minutes. It works, but not perfectly. I still have a hot spot but now it's more spread and even on one side of the bowl. This means I don't have to rotate as much as I used to to have an even roast. I think one of my problems is the beads moving inside the vape and this cause the hot spot to not be consistent, so I plan to change the beads for some 3mm boro I have and pack them tight so nothing moves anymore.

But I spent last evening with the two C-clips on the vape and did some testing. What worked really well was my idea about using the DDave mod. I used the bucket screen and I used the DDave adapter to bring the heat a lot closer to the herb, the vape was at the first setting and this is the result after two puff:

View attachment 2125
View attachment 2127

Very good for a first try. After that I raised the heat to level 2 and 3 but I never got an even roast like with the first setting. The heat has more time to vaporize everything before it starts to burn too much and it also heat up the basket to get a more complete extraction.

I also changed my technique with the way I rotate to get my even roast. It's not to vape I rotate but the bowl and it's so much easier, no more fight with the cord. The metal clips I use to hold the glass are loose enough that I can lift the adapter a little bit and do a quarter turn without too much trouble, I just lift the vape a tiny bit a the top and do my quarter turn to cook everything evenly. I can touch the ridge on middle of the male adapter, it stay cool enough to hold when you are not inhaling hot air thru it, so that's the part I turn. The only problem is some times the glass will get stuck so before I start I just move the glass on the joint to make sure everything is free to move.

View attachment 2128

More testing to do tonight but I'm close to have what I want to have out of this vape.
the beads that come with the TT are 3mm borosilicate. i measured mine to be sure but also added a few from my G43 to make them a bit tighter in the heating unit.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
IMO that seems pretty involved if we're expecting a smoker to convert if they have to do the above dance to vape a bowl, especially considering that smokers aren't going to have spare vaporizer parts from other devices on hand to mod this with.

Yes that's why I want to see if I can get more constant result before I can make a final verdict on this. I want to see if I can get the same result with a regular sized adapter that I get with the shorter DDave mod, I can bump up the temps but I don't know if this will heat up the basket enough. I'm more interested in making something that will work for me but I understand that not everybody has some extra glass to play with. I only tried it one time with the regular bowl and the results were better than before I added the second C-clip so I need to do more test.

@SonicBacon I'm in the same boat, I calculated that the vape cost me an extra 100$ with the DHL delivery and the fees versus the price at Vapenorth. Would have been nice to know about this before I made this purchase, the worst part is that a couple hours after I bought it I saw a post on their Instagram about the vape being available in a couple of weeks a Vapenorth. Not surprising since Sneaky Pete already sell a lot of the Simrell stuff.

@androponic good to know. I have some beads labeled as 3mm but they were smaller than the one I got in the TT so I guess my stuff is smaller than 3mm. I'll see what results I get from these, I'm not even sure they are really boro but I prefer to find out in the Terp torch over the SSV if they decide to stick or break.

The Chemist,
Reactions: lazylathe

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
The stand is anything but janky. It does the job of holding the vape and at close to 1200g this is the heaviest and most stable stand I have.

Imagine when USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL or any international mail carrier, when you try to “mail almost 2 kilos (4 pounds plus) of an unknown soldering iron”
I got charged $100 by FedEx to mail documents in a A4 letter envelope to my country, imagine 4 pounds plus of a janky metal 😂😂🤣🤣🤣

and lets not talk about the customs fee gamble. That “customs fee” many times goes with the mood of the customs clerk at the time your package is being processed 😂😂🤣🤣

That most likely be above the $100 US dollars??
Anyone care to show “a real customs fee invoice”, and what was “declared”??
Words without photos and videos, are just words, or as people many times like to make it clear here, just “opinions”!!!

BUT I bought in on day one thinking I was getting a "deal" and now I see it available at Vapenorth.ca only one week later for LESS than it cost me to get it. I guess that's what I get for jumping in early and trying to support the company directly.
Not surprising since Sneaky Pete already sell a lot of the Simrell stuff.

Not surprising, since The Orbiter from MLFB got knocked off by international glass blowing factories, and then “sneaky squirrelly” knocked it off from them Chinese.

There’s this old saying: “Ladrón que roba a ladrón, tiene cien 💯 años de perdón” 😂😂🤣🤣
Literally translates to “a thief who robs a thief, deserves a 100 💯 years pardon” 😂😂🤣🤣
Sarcasm here, but many people like to talk shit about China, but everything “comes from China”, including this here “soldering iron”

And mostly all “influencers like to influence” 😂😂🤣🤣🤣 , so convenient how and when and to whom they “maga” channel/direct “certain “influences” to “certain manufacturers” imho & e 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣
Specially those that give 15% plus earnings as sales associates 🤔🤔🤔
I wonder if that’s why the reason “influencers don’t influence the NV FP lineup”, because of “5% only earnings” ??? 🤔🤔🤔

I remember the “derp penis” pen 🖊 tech for dabs, and now is the “derp torch” 😂😂🤣🤣🤣
I also remember how fast and persistent they were for the “infamous hybrid cano” (15% sales associates earnings) 😂😂🤣🤣
Or the $25 MV-1 paid commission, for each unit sold 🤔🤔🤔
Everything gets lost in YT videos and forgotten in the past 🤔🤔 no more “the best...” 🤔🤔🤔

But ymmv as they like to say here 😂😂🤣🤣
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Last edited:

D3m0nFlare

Unggoy Terrorizer
Zangano Cruel, this is like your 3rd? post of ripping on it. Idk if there are too many yellow emojis for me to read it or it just a list of random information?
Kinda disappointing i cut up my second c-clip, but ordered a 14mm to 18mm reducer like Simrell and SonicBacon mentioned to direct the heat for a even spread. Hopefully that's the solution. Got the basket to put upside down for micro and a 18mm ball whip replacement to try.

This is defiantly a foot in the door for heaving hitting vapes, have only smoked once since getting it and might save for a crafty if this is what you can expect from it. Decided to make use of some of my old combustible pieces though.
08gJhgD.jpg
vKundUf.jpg

Then attempt to vape like it's 1970
YC8BXIB.jpg

JK i know it cost like $50 dollars in supplies and requires woodworking skills to make a soldering jar vape.
why would people compare it to the TT?
The TT reminds me more of my vape from college that was just a ceramic stick with the ball whip you put your material in, but was worse then a Magic flight i upgraded too.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
@Zangano Cruel, this is like your 3rd? post of ripping on it. Idk if there are too many yellow emojis for me to read it or it just a list of random information?
Random information??
Enlighten me please with your experience and knowledge about vaping!!
It’s good that you can see colors, congratulations!!!
I can see this is your like 10th post in FC, since you joined FC, in August 23rd, 2020.
And all your posts are at this thread.
And all your posts are trying to praise this vape, or modding it to try to make it work better.
I see no difference in what you’re doing.
Are you friends with them?
Work for them?
Associated somehow with them?
Please enlighten me.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Last edited:

Yung Coconut

Kinda disappointing i cut up my second c-clip, but ordered a 14mm to 18mm reducer like Simrell and SonicBacon mentioned to direct the heat for a even spread. Hopefully that's the solution. Got the basket to put upside down for micro and a 18mm ball whip replacement to try.

Love new vapes that require stoner engineering and mods on day one for issues like hotspots that shouldn't be there out of the box. Especially mods that come from the owners themselves. Probably should have done some actual r&d.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I can see this is your like 10th post in FC, since you joined FC, in August 23rd, 2020.
And all your posts are at this thread.
And all your posts are trying to praise this vape, or modding it to try to make it work better.
And I see that this is your 8th post in this thread, every one of them shitting on this vape. It seems that you are the one with the agenda here. If you don't have anything of value to offer the thread, then I suggest you stay out of it to avoid getting another warning point.

One other thing: @Sneaky Pete is a member here with a good reputation. If you continue to call him or any other members disparaging names, then you'll also get another point.

:peace:

GoldenBud

Something I don't understand - Why would they ship the vapes without the beads, already inside them and sealed with the screen? for some people, or even.. most of the people, DIYing with glass beads and then some (even minimalist) screen to put inside? hmm..

I think it should be shipped with the beads inside the device, screen closed, and a sticker which says something like : "Sealed by X"
to make 100% sure the customer will not have to reopen it for checking before first use or so

many people will skip this BECAUSE of this DIY list to do when unboxing..

good luck, I liked this idea in general

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Something I don't understand - Why would they ship the vapes without the beads, already inside them and sealed with the screen? for some people, or even.. most of the people, DIYing with glass beads and then some (even minimalist) screen to put inside? hmm..

I think it should be shipped with the beads inside the device, screen closed, and a sticker which says something like : "Sealed by X"
or so..

many people will skip this BECAUSE of this DIY list to do when unboxing..

good luck, I liked this idea in general

Thats a lot of extra time and effort, or potentially an extra employee, instead of just throwing all the separate items in a box.

I'm not saying thats the way things should be done, but I understand them wanting to skip a time consuming step. I kinda doubt it'll be that much of a barrier to purchase tbh. Personally, I like putting stuff together, but I have my limits :)

D3m0nFlare

Unggoy Terrorizer
Love new vapes that require stoner engineering and mods on day one for issues like hotspots that shouldn't be there out of the box. Especially mods that come from the owners themselves. Probably should have done some actual r&d.
I guess i do? You can easily get rid of the hot spots by going to under 800F or not packing it too little/much. I watched a video and stared at a picture of it intensely before getting it so i felt confident in knowing what i was paying for. My desktop vape was a fury 2 on a bubbler, so being cheaper and heavier hitting i could not really lose.
Your right though, really considering the Crafty down the road after seeing sneaky petes heavy hitter list and if that can do what the TT can then why not.

D3m0nFlare,
Reactions: Morimoto

Yung Coconut

I guess i do? You can easily get rid of the hot spots by going to under 800F or not packing it too little/much. I watched a video and stared at a picture of it intensely before getting it so i felt confident in knowing what i was paying for. My desktop vape was a fury 2 on a bubbler, so being cheaper and heavier hitting i could not really lose.
Your right though, really considering the Crafty down the road after seeing sneaky petes heavy hitter list and if that can do what the TT can then why not.

There are already products that are going to hit as hard in this price range and offer a better experience. From the Elev8r (w/ coil/controller) to Sticky Bricks etc. This "cheap heavy hitter" void I keep hearing about doesn't even really exist imo.

D3m0nFlare

Unggoy Terrorizer
There are already products that are going to hit as hard in this price range and offer a better experience. From the Elev8r (w/ coil/controller) to Sticky Bricks etc. This "cheap heavy hitter" void I keep hearing about doesn't even really exist imo.
I think in stream with Jerry on the run from cops, Troy mentioned using graphs to track vaporizer features. I wish there was a master spread sheet with a "heavy hitting" column. I have seen both those used, but because i use the Dynavap with a torch i figure they had a similar effect. Where do you get the coil controller?

GoldenBud

I get @Zangano Cruel opinion - a device without a big heater can't be considered as a "heavy hitter" but in 2020 we need to understand that the beads can make a medium heater to a big one. the world has changed after the same Glass Symphony XLR you own too ! :rockon: :cool:
beads make medium heater into a big volume one.
15$ at banggood or not, the soldering iron + titanium custom holding + beads for 100$ sounds to me ok. the Simrell dynavap stem cost most than that

C-weed

the fact of the matter is that this vape produces massive clouds...with amazing flavor...if you want to hate on that...waste your time...but i can guarantee...this vape is going nowhere but up....super tasty hits with minimal effort...sorry zangano...you are fighting a losing battle...this vape kicks ass!

biohacker

100$ sounds to me ok. the Simrell dynavap stem cost most than that

I think it's $160?

the fact of the matter is that this vape produces massive clouds...with amazing flavor...if you want to hate on that...waste your time...but i can guarantee...this vape is going nowhere but up....super tasty hits with minimal effort...sorry zangano...you are fighting a losing battle...this vape kicks ass!

You're getting amazing flavour? How did you solve the hotspot problem? Just lower temps?

Yung Coconut

How do you get amazing flavor with hotspots?

GoldenBud

wait, hotspots?! with beads vape!? rare..... somebody raised the temperature too high for vaping...? :hmm:
the beads should make it less hotspoty
@biohacker yeah, then I prefer to get just the titanium parts from the manufacturer and buy my own 220V soldering iron from banggood, there isn't a soldering iron for both 110V and 220V. you have to choose 110V or 220V. they went with 110V and that's reasonable ofcourse.

if they will accept this idea for 220V people, it will be amazing. (If the taste is really good and this vape gets enough good reviews etc' etc')

GoldenBud,

Yung Coconut

wait, hotspots?! with beads vape!? rare..... somebody raised the temperature too high for vaping...? :hmm:
the beads should make it less hotspoty
@biohacker yeah, then I prefer to get just the titanium parts from the manufacturer and buy my own 220V soldering iron from banggood, there isn't a soldering iron for both 110V and 220V. you have to choose 110V or 220V. they went with 110V and that's reasonable ofcourse.

if they will accept this idea for 220V people, it will be amazing. (If the taste is really good and this vape gets enough good reviews etc' etc')

There's a hotspot issue with this vape because they cheaped out on the bowl and screens.

And you can't use any other soldering iron other than the one they provide. The tip only fits that model. I'm sure you could find a 220V one on dhgate, but even if you do they don't sell the titanium tip solo.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I got rid of my hot spot by adding a couple of glass beads and using two C-clips like I posted in one of my previous post. Also I now use the 18mm reducer that Austin used in the live stream on the Terp Tech youtube page. I don't know if it's the modification on the vape or the reducer that got rid of the hot spot but I'm not changing anything since it works. This is a game changer for me and I did not expect it. If this keeps performing the way it does I will be using this vape a lot more than I thought. Right now I don't have to rotate anything I just wiggle the tip of the vape on the adapter and this give me a more even roasting of the herb. I just stir the herb before my second hit and I have a quick and heavy dose of vapor. The key is the 18mm reducer with a basket screen at the bottom and you put the herb on top of the bucket screen inside the reducer and not in the bucket screen like we usually do. This bring the herb closer to the tip of the vape for direct heating. I first tried it at the fourth setting and was met by a wall of vapor and no burning, when it's done the vapor just stop you don't have to keep checking the herb for combustion. Before I continue here's some photos so you can see exactly what I'm talking about.

This is my first try at the forth heat setting

20200831_001811.jpg
20200831_001949.jpg

As you can see no defined hot spot like before, everything is cooked evenly. The reducer has an o-ring from Sticky Brick to separate the glass from each other and prevent the glass from sticking to itself. The tip of the vape just sit on the top of the reducer and glide easily on the glass. This get rid of one of my other problem I had with this vape, I hate when glass stick and it would happen a lot with the tip of the vape and the bowl. But with this you just put the heat on top of the herb and will never have any problem with something getting stuck again. For the clean up I just remove the basket screen and all the herb stay in the adapter, I push it out with a brush and clean it. Also no herb will pass thru the screen like it does on the standard bowl so this take care of another problem with the vape. This move the vape from something that was a little frustrating to use and made it really simple that even a beginner can use without any risk like before. I think the cord is still a pain , I used a tie wrap on mine to stop fighting with it. There's still some room for improvement on that front. I still love the stand, easy to place and remove the vape and it feels secure.

What I ended up doing was to put two scoop of herb and tamp it a little bit. I used the fifth heat setting now since I like my vapor with a little more punch, I tried higher but it was too much. I do two inhalation and stir between them. It's that simple, it works very well and it deliver some really tasty potent vapor.

Photos of the fifth heat setting results:
20200831_014626.jpg

And a photo of under the load after I removed the screen you can see it cooked right thru:
20200831_014539.jpg

Stop hating on this vape, it works. It will only get better in the future. This is a work in progress and change will be made to bring this vape to it's full potential. Austin said they plan on selling a lot more stuff on their website, like replacement part and the reducer will surely be available also. For the price this is an amazing vape. Next I need to try it with my Runt, the cloud that Austin exhaled when he used it with the Terp Torch was enormous, I need to try this.

Bigpoppafudge420

Ordered the bundle from Vape North the other day to finally skip the duty fee's and exchange rate. I'm excited to get my hands on this and start fiddling around.
@The Chemist my man! doing good work as always, all your posts always challenge me to try something new.

Let me ask you man...I've had this nagging idea with the Terp Torch and im having trouble finding the glass joints I need in Canada. Basically its just using a 90 degree 14mm adapter and tamping the material in the bowl down nice and tight so it will sit better sideways so that when you insert the TT it will come out sideways and form sort of a "ghetto" Ditanium kind of deal. If you have the right kind of piece you should give it a try!

*rubs hands together*
I cant wait to get this thing to try out some concentrates too

Top Bottom