Discontinued Terp Torch

ohmygodimsohigh

In a recent video by Troy (ohmygodimsohigh) he showed us how he's got his sled version hooked up to a power supply

You could do the same but wire it up to a rebuildable ecig atomizer deck instead of a power supply and step down.
@biohacker Hey man. I grabbed a elev8r bowl with my terp torch bundle and I plan to use the flavor disc's from that company, ive got a half dozen of them.

I have been using the elev8r bowl with the terp torch instead of the bowl it came with.
The TT screen is easier to combust in and it lets too much small matter through into my bong.

Crazy how this vape brings out the political nonsense from the vapor peanut gallery.
There are no winners in a vape argument.

ohmygodimsohigh

[QUOTE="ohmygodimsohigh, post: 1504749, crazy how this vape brings out the political nonsense from the vapor peanut gallery.
There are no winners in a vape argument.
The same gallery you make your money from you mean?
[/QUOTE]
The people slinging shit and hating in this thread are not fans of my work, but if they find value in my content I hope they're using my links -yes.

GoldenBud

The people slinging shit and hating in this thread are not fans of my work, but if they find value in my content I hope they're using my links -yes.
Nobody hates you, it is obvious that you are taking the vaping scene higher NO DOUBT :cool: , they just want you to inform the people which watching your review of the TT to say in the beginning that it's made by your friend, as you did with the Simrell Stem review...

Chainfish

FWIW my opinion- Anyone with any links to companies should be up front when discussing said products. Think I'll leave alone until I can differentiate between good opinions and fan boy mentality or negative opinions and haters. Tend to stay clear of reviewers for this reason, impossible to know if they're getting a financial incentive for a positive review

biohacker

FWIW my opinion- Anyone with any links to companies should be up front when discussing said products. Think I'll leave alone until I can differentiate between good opinions and fan boy mentality or negative opinions and haters. Tend to stay clear of reviewers for this reason, impossible to know if they're getting a financial incentive for a positive review

Smart thinking, because they ALL have financial incentives to sell. Some of them changed, and started off using their own money to buy vapes and review them for us, the community. But then it turned into making money, getting free vapes sent to them to plug and influence, when that's what they wanted to avoid to begin with.

As an OG here, I used to spend thousands of dollars to buy and tinker with vapes, make videos, and share here for us, the community, for the LOVE of the actual vapes and to help each other make good decisions and save money. All these other "shillfluencers" are just advertising, and they really don't care what you actually buy, as long as you buy something. It's been like this for some time now, even due to some very respected companies that we all love to support. Manufacturer's have their own set of Rules here, and are limited with what they can say, however I feel that a loophole has been found here.

I really wanted to pull the trigger on the TT from VapeNorth, but it sold out yesterday, just so I could help contribute to help others with a completely unbiased view, but I have a feeling too many of you will beat me to it! Also seems like all the videos and feedback is happening on Vaporents, maybe because Troy gives them props in his videos, and forgets about the "vapor peanut gallery" here on FC.

I have to admit, regardless of what it is, it's just really refreshing to see a new Desktop Vape being released as it doesn't happen very often amongst a sea of mediocre portables!

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I have to admit, regardless of what it is, it's just really refreshing to see a new Desktop Vape being released as it doesn't happen very often amongst a sea of mediocre portables!
i feel like the TT is like almost a "beaded log" like my old idea:
not wooden, but..it feels like it is the case.... happy to see stuff like this as you said - the ratio portables:desktops is getting too big yeah

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I don't know who makes the majority of my vapes and I don't know who they are associated with. If a reviewer make a video about a vape, I have no way to know if they took some money from the manufacturer or not. The only way I can know for sure if the review was fair is if I buy the vape myself and try it. It's only after that I can know if all the negative points of the vape have been talked about in the review and if the positive have been exaggerated to make the vape appear better than what it is in reality. I also need to remember that my opinion are very personal and what works for me won't work for others. In regards to the Terp Torch, Troy's video was fair and I agree with what he said. Sure he should have said that the vape was made by one of is friends but he also didn't hide it because he was talking about Austin in the video, he just forgot to say that this Austin was Austin Simrell. At the end of the day I agree with the majority of the reviews Troy has made, that's why he get my trust but like anything else he can lose that thrust if the reviews are too unbelievable to be true. Troy know this, that's why he put so much work in is videos. I know people don't wan't to get stuck with a vape that don't perform the same way the reviewer said it would but in the case of the Terp Torch we are far from the same situation we had with the Ghost MV-1.

Back to the Torch last night I combusted with the reducer at the fifth heat setting. At first the heat is ok but after a couple of hours on the vape has too much heat accumulated. I think I'll go back to the fourth setting and see if I get the same problem.

What I like so much about the Terp Torch and the reducer is that it's a new experience. I'm all about using different way to consume my herb, that's why I have so many vapes. The experience is always different with each vape and some of them are unique in the way they do things, I like to use different vapes during the day and do a rotation. When I got the Torch it was to use when I go to my friends house because I wanted a cheap heavy hitter that is small and wouldn't be the end of the world if it got lost somewhere. I didn't think I would be using this at home this much because I already have other vapes that do the same thing in a form that's easier to use. I was pretty sure I would prefer to use my Herborizer than the Terp Torch if I wanted to melt my face off. I'm comparing these two because of the similarity between the two. Both are heavy hitters that you have to put the heater in the bowl to extract the goodies from the herb. The experience is so much better with the Herbo, the size of the heater and the cord makes a world of difference when you use this vape but it share the same problem I hate with the Terp Torch, the heater sticks to the bowl and for the Herbo it also stick to the glass stand. Now if I use the Torch with the reducer no more heater sticking to the bowl, the way I just have to put the heater against the reducer and inhale, no risking to drop the bowl and break it because it stuck to the vape and fell on the floor after. It's now a totally new and unique experience that no other vape I have can replicate with the same punch this one does. By the way the Herborizer is my daily driver and it will remain so for a long time, so don't even think that I'm saying the Terp Torch can replace an Herborizer, it won't, but it can do the same job very good in a different experience.

Another thing about the safety feature. This vape as a protection that will put the vape in sleep mode that will lower the heat after 10 minutes and shut off the vape completely after 20 minutes if it didn't detect movement. This is blessing and a curse because safety first but you have the risk to come back to use the vape and realized it's not at the temperature you wanted or off completely. You can change the settings and remove this protection but you might not need to. In my case I left the protection on because I realized that the vape is very sensible to vibration and just a little bit of vibration on the table I put it on would trigger the sensor and leave the vape on. Even if I don't touch the table, just walking on the floor would be enough to leave the vape on for the whole evening. This way I get the best of both world, the vape is hot when I need it and it will shut off after 20 minutes if I'm not in the living room. This is one vape I would not feel safe leaving on all the time with a cat in the house who like to play with power cords. Safety first!

C-weed

How do you get amazing flavor with hotspots?
sorry to bust your hater bubble guys...but im getting zero hotspots..and if it helps i use temp setting number 4...and yes..im getting amazing flavor...lol...maybe my draw is stronger than yours...im a big guy with big lungs...if you want to sell your units just let me know..i will buy them..lol.

biohacker

sorry to bust your hater bubble guys...but im getting zero hotspots..and if it helps i use temp setting number 4...and yes..im getting amazing flavor...lol...maybe my draw is stronger than yours...im a big guy with big lungs...if you want to sell your units just let me know..i will buy them..lol.

You don't have to apologize, and just because we're asking how you're getting amazing flavour on a vape that has known hot spot issues doesn't mean we're "haters". Far from, we're just trying to gather information based on claims, both the manufacturers (and reviewers) and yours. Some people are combusting on temp 5, but also the bowl, screen setup, etc is so crucial here so yes it helps greatly when you tell us that you're using temp 4, thank you. And the draw speed, lungs, etc. all help too... convection vapes are very sensitive to this, not just the TT. Anyone with an LSV or VHW knows how easy it is to hot spot if you want to.

As for selling my unit, which is inevitable, it's not really needed if you buy from PIU with their No Hassle Returns policy!

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
Something that's interesting and I'm not sure is noted elsewhere...

maybe my draw is stronger than yours...im a big guy with big lungs

Once the temp hits step 5 or higher, you HAVE to pull harder. I've combusted probably five or six times since I've had it, mostly because I get too high and I'm not paying attention. I've hit this all the way up to step 9, but I'm ripping it pretty much as hard as I can and putting in less herb. It's all a balance, but the upper registers definitely require a STRONG pull.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Smart thinking, because they ALL have financial incentives to sell. Some of them changed, and started off using their own money to buy vapes and review them for us, the community. But then it turned into making money, getting free vapes sent to them to plug and influence, when that's what they wanted to avoid to begin with.

As an OG here, I used to spend thousands of dollars to buy and tinker with vapes, make videos, and share here for us, the community, for the LOVE of the actual vapes and to help each other make good decisions and save money. All these other "shillfluencers" are just advertising, and they really don't care what you actually buy, as long as you buy something. It's been like this for some time now, even due to some very respected companies that we all love to support. Manufacturer's have their own set of Rules here, and are limited with what they can say, however I feel that a loophole has been found here.

I really wanted to pull the trigger on the TT from VapeNorth, but it sold out yesterday, just so I could help contribute to help others with a completely unbiased view, but I have a feeling too many of you will beat me to it! Also seems like all the videos and feedback is happening on Vaporents, maybe because Troy gives them props in his videos, and forgets about the "vapor peanut gallery" here on FC.

You nailed it with this post.
How I miss the old 2012 OG Arizer Solo times, or the VapeXhale Cloud, Cloud+ , and the 2013 IndieGoGo Early Bird EVO PreOrder.
Those were “civilized times” (TM R C) by Ataxian 😂🤣 ”Famous civilized quote” 😂🤣
I’ve never been a politically correct kind of guy, but “shillfluencers” rub me really wrong.
So I try not to be PC, because someone needs to put down “shillfluencers egos” down to earth.

And I don’t like to be called “peanut gallery” by a person that has been vaping the same years as me, or less, “alleged shillfluencer”, while he gets away with it.

He's also the ONLY retailer in all of Canada that even stocks this vape. Then again, it's out of stock now.

“(that’s because I don’t work on sales)”
“Sorry Stu”

:hmm:
😂😂🤣🤣
Does the pope shit in the woods?? :hmm::doh:
Are “we” really that “stupid”???:bang:
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Out of this thread.
Enough said.
Good riddance!
:popcorn::popcorn:

biohacker

ohmygodimsohigh

Plenty of posts above that are clearly not "discussing" or even about the TT...
I'm all for objective feedback, but hate is hate - don't conflate the two.

I've been rotating the TT in the bowl to make move the hot spot around a bit. A half turn through the duration of my hit works well, but sometimes getting the terp torch to turn within the bowl is a challenge.

ohmygodimsohigh,
Reactions: lazylathe

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
So what, we're discussing your demo/review, and people are actually finding the solutions to hot spots. Is there a requirement to own the actual vape in the thread to discuss? Sounds like more of a "peanut gallery" comment.

Here's another hot spot/poor technique:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/ihsclv
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Luckily I already tried, mostly all ceramic soldering iron “proven concepts” DIY vapes, and “proven concepts” ceramic rod heater desktop vapes.
And luckily I have an Herborizer, a Cloud+,
2x EVOs, 5x FP NV heads, a Glass Symphony, don’t forget the Glass Symphony!!!
Not that many own one, I wonder if he owns one?

A good friend, RIP, lent me a plugged Sublimator for a week once.
I get same results with my “double WE/SH combo”

Besides, owning such a lineup, will I need to spend $160 for a “subpar to me soldering iron with a metal tip, with glass balls:hmm: in it, DIY vaporizer”??
Not for me, thanks!!!
Glad to see you around man!!
Miss your old videos with “space music” 😉

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
How I miss the old 2012 OG Arizer Solo times, or the VapeXhale Cloud, Cloud+ , and the 2013 IndieGoGo Early Bird EVO PreOrder.
Those were “civilized times” (TM R C) by Ataxian 😂🤣 ”Famous civilized quote” 😂🤣
I’ve never been a politically correct kind of guy, but “shillfluencers” rub me really wrong.
So I try not to be PC, because someone needs to put down “shillfluencers egos” down to earth.

And I don’t like to be called “peanut gallery” by a person that has been vaping the same years as me, or less, “alleged shillfluencer”, while he gets away with it.

Pot/kettle.

Top Bottom