Discontinued Terp Torch

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I’m picturing using it with a big ass old school bong with a 45 degree stem. Maybe that would be less awkward and it sounds like filling a big tube with vapor should be no problem for this thing.

Many of us use smaller bubblers, which I can see being annoying with this thing
I thought it would be like that but I use mega globe with whip laying in my bed in a padded bowl so it will stay and not roll around. We ordered a couch caddy like this https://www.amazon.com/Cup-Cozy-Pil...=1&keywords=couch+caddy&qid=1598666884&sr=8-4 to put mega globe in on the bed. It's not this exact one the wife ordered it. I also ordered a clamped mic holder for the TT so I know the stand will not knock over. So my use with it is about as relaxed as it can get.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Do you or your wife own\ work for terp tech?
Just wondering as this lsv comparison seems intentionally biased.
🤔
They were “the modern threesome” or “three way”, or “something” else with Simrell, doing live-streams or “influencing/promoting” their own agenda as well.
They’re “friends” at least.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Is the TT for $159 REALLY cheaper than the LSV? I'm not sure what PIU is selling them for, but it's gotta be close to that, and comes with a sweet ass padded bag, and long glass mouthpiece. With $40 of "value" in a janky stand, and a digital soldering iron with boro balls, Ti, you're getting what you paid for, including a lack of R&D/beta testing where it counts the MOST IMO.

The LSV doesn't need a "bowl", it does great with a very inexpensive 18mm double male and simple 1/2" screen. You could pick them up for only a few bucks each. The LSV doesn't need a stand, since it can easily sit on its side on a table, and you're not going to cause 3rd degree burns potentially. As for the TT hitting harder than the LSV? Well, I don't think i've put mine up past 11/12 on the dial, and 7th floor vapes like LSV, SSV, etc all hit harder than hell anyway.

IMO the TT looks like a cheap thrown together soldering iron vape that was rushed to the market and is being heavily pushed by influencers, and anyone thinking about one should just wait for more actual user feedback.
Nailed it!!
Another OG here, that have seen everything at FC since I joined 2012.
Thanks Biohacker for bringing some more light!
Stagy vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

D3m0nFlare

Unggoy Terrorizer
We could all come up with at least three things we'd like to change for our tastes, but as is, it nails a void in the market - something cheap that will convert smokers. I will recommend it to smokers and heavy vaporists, or anyone who thinks cheap vapor is weak.
I thought that kinda sum's up what it is. I personally would never pay $200 on a vape like 7th floors stuff.

D3m0nFlare,

thunderstealer1337

After seeing how ppl are so brainwashed and keep regurgitating 420vapezones comparison of the m vs omni vs vortex, its pretty easy to see he is extremely biased and his videos do have great info but is verrrrrry biased, but most ppl think its the end all be all since 420vapezone dida video on it!

daoist

everyone is biased when it comes to vaping. there is not a best vaporizer for everyone. it does not work like that since there are simply to many different prerequisites for each person. but they vaped on pretty much every vaporizer that is out there and they own most of them.. so you have to give them some credit for experience.

i like the modern cannbist livestreams they do. fun and informative bantering. They are not idiots.

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

everyone is biased when it comes to vaping. there is not a best vaporizer for everyone. it does not work like that since there are simply to many different prerequisites for each person. but they vaped on pretty much every vaporizer that is out there and they own most of them.. so you have to give them some credit for experience.

i like the modern cannbist livestreams they do. fun and informative bantering. They are not idiots.
And what makes you think that people like me, or others, haven’t tried almost all vaporizers, or identical variations, or owned almost all of them, or just own all of them too??
I’ve been vaping since 2009, and totally committed to “almost only vaping since 2012”
and I even “beta tested” 😂😂🤣🤣 the “infamous Versa Infinity”, that was a very very powerful ceramic heater rod system, and many ceramic heater vaporizers, and they all bring the same vapor signature.
But to each their own.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Zangano Cruel

but they vaped on pretty much every vaporizer that is out there and they own most of them.. so you have to give them some credit for experience.
I was not thinking that. I did not say that either.

Sorry I misunderstood you, English isn’t my native language, and I’m prone to misinterpretation.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Last edited:
Zangano Cruel,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Let's all chill a bit and look at this from a different perspective and not play the blame game!
I have no hand in this vape, just thought it was interesting and should be shared.

@ohmygodimsohigh and @stickstones review vaporizers for EVERYONE, not just us hardcore vaporists on FC.
From brand new converts to us hardened old timers that have strong opinions!
Comparisons will happen whether we like it or not, that is how we humans are!

Regarding 7th Floor products, remove all the expensive aluminum enclosures, fancy glass, fancy glass knobs, decals and everything else that is custom made and you have a soldering iron...basically. If I want to, I can convert my Super Surfer to a soldering iron quite easily...

Let's cast our memory back a few years and remember the Iolite, click and vape and those early vapes we all started with.
Not all companies can start with the Ghost as a first vape and look how that ended.

Let's discuss the actual vape and it's pro's and cons and not who is behind it or is making money from it.
All vape companies do this, this time we know who the people are so let's move on.

It's roaring around the social media platforms and I am happy that the guy is making money in these difficult times.
Is it perfect, most likely no but hopefully they will work to improve it and possibly the comments from this thread may steer them in the right direction!

arb

Semi shaved ape
Let's all chill a bit and look at this from a different perspective and not play the blame game!
I have no hand in this vape, just thought it was interesting and should be shared.

@ohmygodimsohigh and @stickstones review vaporizers for EVERYONE, not just us hardcore vaporists on FC.
From brand new converts to us hardened old timers that have strong opinions!
Comparisons will happen whether we like it or not, that is how we humans are!

Regarding 7th Floor products, remove all the expensive aluminum enclosures, fancy glass, fancy glass knobs, decals and everything else that is custom made and you have a soldering iron...basically. If I want to, I can convert my Super Surfer to a soldering iron quite easily...

Let's cast our memory back a few years and remember the Iolite, click and vape and those early vapes we all started with.
Not all companies can start with the Ghost as a first vape and look how that ended.

Let's discuss the actual vape and it's pro's and cons and not who is behind it or is making money from it.
All vape companies do this, this time we know who the people are so let's move on.

It's roaring around the social media platforms and I am happy that the guy is making money in these difficult times.
Is it perfect, most likely no but hopefully they will work to improve it and possibly the comments from this thread may steer them in the right direction!
Why should we not know and discuss who owns ANY vape company?
My issue is not the product no matter how basic and over priced it is.
I am simply a curious monkey and this product has my monkey senses all tingly.
🐵

SatanLovestoVape

The funny thing is the owner doesn't own any high-end heavy hitter vaporizers. I know he doesn't have a flowerpot, which will most likely be his competition. Of course, there is room for improvement, but the price would be unwelcoming. I think the price point is perfect for a soldering iron/balls vaporizer.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Why should we not know and discuss who owns ANY vape company?
My issue is not the product no matter how basic and over priced it is.
I am simply a curious monkey and this product has my monkey senses all tingly.
🐵

😁
I never said we should not discuss who owns what, I said we already know about this one.
Just think we should focus on what we have at hand and talk about the actual vape and not who makes it, likes it or what social media says.

We are all educated enough to not take unwarranted jabs at each other. LOL!!

Dargin B

It's a fun ass vape so far! I have an LSV which is a two by four with nowhere to put it. The Terp takes up less space on my desk than my flowerpot and stand. It fills a void in the marketplace..heavy hitter under 200 with beads. My friends that are interested in vaping aren't dropping five bills on a FP or Herbo for their first purchase. This may not be the right product for the experienced heavy hitter, but it gets a foot in the door for vaping.

It's 2020. Every influencer in every market is releasing product. If I am releasing a vape I reach out to the influencers in the market.

D3m0nFlare

Unggoy Terrorizer
Any one else do any mods yet?
bKf1R0Z.jpg

I did a successful screen mod, the big holes got clogged really fast. So i cut 2 slits in one of the extra screens and holding it down with only one clip, which still works. I got cocky though and though i could solve the heat spot issue...
hD3hafs.jpg

Probably should have took the picture after the twenty minutes it took me to get it in, but i really wanted to try it and It only made the hotspot bigger. I think everyone blaming the clip part made me believe it was the clip holes and now that i thought about it... It's clearly the gab in the clip allowing more hot air to get out through that one spot creating a hot spot. So basically if this was manufactured with a complete circle to hold the screen in we would not have the problem, but then probably would not be affordable. Guess i have to stick with lower temps and rotating it as i hit it to even out the hot spot.
Also if any one was wondering if regular mic stand will work... it wont. The one i have does not have enough weight in the base, the mic holder is to wide (there all the same) and clipping it into it one handed it a nightmare and then it slides though the oversize holder dropping to the floor anyway. I would get the full kit all together if you plan to get it so you don't eat a second shipping fee making it a $63 dollar stand.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Any one else do any mods yet?
bKf1R0Z.jpg

I did a successful screen mod, the big holes got clogged really fast. So i cut 2 slits in one of the extra screens and holding it down with only one clip, which still works. I got cocky though and though i could solve the heat spot issue...
hD3hafs.jpg

Probably should have took the picture after the twenty minutes it took me to get it in, but i really wanted to try it and It only made the hotspot bigger. I think everyone blaming the clip part made me believe it was the clip holes and now that i thought about it... It's clearly the gab in the clip allowing more hot air to get out through that one spot creating a hot spot. So basically if this was manufactured with a complete circle to hold the screen in we would not have the problem, but then probably would not be affordable. Guess i have to stick with lower temps and rotating it as i hit it to even out the hot spot.
Also if any one was wondering if regular mic stand will work... it wont. The one i have does not have enough weight in the base, the mic holder is to wide (there all the same) and clipping it into it one handed it a nightmare and then it slides though the oversize holder dropping to the floor anyway. I would get the full kit all together if you plan to get it so you don't eat a second shipping fee making it a $63 dollar stand.

Nice idea, simple, I like it. I tried something really simple too, I used a 14mm DDave bucket screen and put it at the bottom of the bowl. This doesn't work with all my glass, the bucket got stuck in my 18mm reducer but it works on all my 14mm water pipe joint.

20200829_125940.jpg

I also tried this set up:

20200829_130621.jpg

20200829_130630.jpg

It works really well, the heat is concentrated on the basket and the heat spot take a third of the basket so I only have to rotate the vape two times to cook everything evenly. I take a puff and rotate a little bit and move on the other side of the bowl for my second puff and rotate to cover the whole load. I use the vape at setting #6 and it's enough to slowdown the formation of the hot spot for better control. Next I want to do the same thing but with a DDave adapter so the heat sits closer to the basket. If I lower the heat setting I hope that the basket might heat up a little bit without burning the herb so it could add a little bit of conduction into the mix. Really nice option for a quick micro-dose that will give good effects if that's what you want.

Nice observation about the C-clip, I thought it was the extra mass of the clip that accumulated too much heat but you could be right about the gap in the clip letting more heat passing thru. It should be possible to put a little piece of metal between the screen and the clip to fill that gap and see if it would take care of the problem or just add a new one.

Morimoto

Old FC soul dusting my crusty ass off to join in the fun! Ordered one from Sneaky Pete's Canadian store just now.

VAS finally got me after 5 years of no purchases, came close a few times but managed to fend off the VAS for a long time. The FireFly2 is still melting my face off, Lotus WPA still crushing kief like a champ, but now that Cannabis is legal in Canada I've been growing and I have a shit load of weed and only myself to get through it all.. so I need a heavy hitter, no more micro dosing and stretching out my weed, it's big bowls and fat rosin presses!

Been hovering over the glass ball mod world for months now waiting for the right opportunity to present itself, SSV & LSVs are both impossible to find in Canada, legit everywhere is sold out and has been for a long ass time. Ordering a SSV from 7th Floor is a no go with crossing the border, I'm not trying to spend 500 getting one up here just to spend more to mod it. Looked for months for used ones, no dice.

I have a God's Green Crack week 8 drying in the tent, can't wait to get this puppy up and vaping! Looking forward to all the great discussion in this thread too!!!

~ Morimoto

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I've been growing and I have a shit load of weed and only myself to get through it all.. so I need a heavy hitter, no more micro dosing and stretching out my weed, it's big bowls and fat rosin presses!

///

I have a God's Green Crack week 8 drying in the tent, can't wait to get this puppy up and vaping! Looking forward to all the great discussion in this thread too!!!

~ Morimoto

Awesome position to be in! Enjoy!

Zangano Cruel

It's a fun ass vape so far! I have an LSV which is a two by four with nowhere to put it. The Terp takes up less space on my desk than my flowerpot and stand. It fills a void in the marketplace..heavy hitter under 200 with beads. My friends that are interested in vaping aren't dropping five bills on a FP or Herbo for their first purchase. This may not be the right product for the experienced heavy hitter, but it gets a foot in the door for vaping.

It's 2020. Every influencer in every market is releasing product. If I am releasing a vape I reach out to the influencers in the market.

You can get a basic WeedEater vaporizer, that consist on a NV PID controller plus their own coil, a Ti bowl, and a glass bowl, a Ti heat post (and the nut to mount it to your own DIY wood stand), and the WeedEater head, for less than or $280 shipped in the US.
It’s very minimalist, basically you’ll do your own stand, with your own tile, hardwood, metal piece, old grinder, old piston from a 50cc moped 😂🤣 or so. So many cool stands you can make.
And save at least $30 🤩
As small as it gets, because this WE head kit doesn’t have the hemp NV “handle”. Another $40 saving!
It’s so lightweight!!

For a terp torch and any FP NV lineup, you’ll need a glass rig too.

I don’t know “who or what influencer” is saying that you need to spend $500 to buy a WeedEater???
I can show you exactly a NV checkout cart with all ready to go, for a WE shipped in the US for less than $280.
What I see at NewVape website, it’s their “top of the line” model, VROD full bundle, capable of doing flower, oils, or twaxing, (please do not compare a VROD with a “terp torch”) because it comes with a SiC dish, do the “terp torch” comes with a SiC dish and allows you to dab??
Does the “terp torch” comes with a carb cap? (please do not compare a “full bundle heavy top of the line vape”with the “terp torch”), big stand, extra screens, extra Ti bowl post , Auber more expensive PID “made 😂🤣 in usa”, with extra things that you don’t really need at all, they are nice extras, but just extra bells and whistles imho & e!!
But if you go by parts, and fill the cart 🛒 with the bare minimum WE kit, no bells and whistles, you’ll have one of the top of the line heavy hitter vapes, for less than $280 shipped in the US.
Now you can compare a WeedEater to a terp torch.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Last edited:

biohacker

LSVs are both impossible to find in Canada, legit everywhere is sold out and has been for a long ass time. Ordering a SSV from 7th Floor is a no go with crossing the border, I'm not trying to spend 500 getting one up here just to spend more to mod it. Looked for months for used ones, no dice.

$500 to get an LSV in Canada?? Try $160usd from Vaporizers.ca but yeah you may have to wait a minute or two. There is also PIU, and i've never once had to pay any customs/import fees from them.

Like @Zangano Cruel i'm just trying to curb some of the misinformation here, especially when it comes to exaggerated prices.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I think the life saber was $170.00 shipped with puffedup as a discount?
That is not a cosmetic second unit either.
I have 5 life saber so when this unit arrives we shall truly see.
Gonna do some drop testing,I drop shit constantly and have hardwood floors which the lsv's survived repeated drops on.
Not such a great price compared to a lsv now imo.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I think the life saber was $170.00 shipped with puffedup as a discount?
That is not a cosmetic second unit either.
I have 5 life saber so when this unit arrives we shall truly see.
Gonna do some drop testing,I drop shit constantly and have hardwood floors which the lsv's survived repeated drops on.
Not such a great price compared to a lsv now imo.
I totally agree with you on the price change I got mine for $99 at that price I look at my solder iron with amazement especially looking at other vapes in that price range at their new price to push their stand it loses some of the niche they were filling/creating for themselves.
160 just doesn't make them stick out as much to me. It's still a great vape but is a $160 worth a solder iron, a mic stand, and a custom Ti tip with glass beads? Kinda pushing it. I really thinking forcing the stand on ya was a bad idea just price tag wise.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
One thing to remember is that not everybody lives in the US and the delivery fees can be very high. With USPS if my package get screened at the border I'm gonna have to pay taxes and duty, you can add handling fees with the private carriers. This means if I have to pay a percentage of the value of my package it's better to be 160$ than 280$.

The stand is anything but janky. It does the job of holding the vape and at close to 1200g this is the heaviest and most stable stand I have. Even if I bump the stand only the goose neck will move. The only thing I wish this had better protection from the heat but you can burn yourself on a lot of other stands regardless of the design. The vape is 120$ at regular price so the stand is an extra 40$ in the bundle. How much do the stand for the Flowerpot or the Herborizer cost again? You can burn yourself on these too.

I played around last night and got some good results.

The hot spot and the C-clip was on my mind, @D3m0nFlare got me thinking about the possibility of the gap in the clip letting more heat passing thru so I wanted to find something to fill it. The answer was in the box, I used both clips.

20200829_183830.jpg

There's enough space to put both clips and it only took me a couple of minutes. It works, but not perfectly. I still have a hot spot but now it's more spread and even on one side of the bowl. This means I don't have to rotate as much as I used to to have an even roast. I think one of my problems is the beads moving inside the vape and this cause the hot spot to not be consistent, so I plan to change the beads for some 3mm boro I have and pack them tight so nothing moves anymore.

But I spent last evening with the two C-clips on the vape and did some testing. What worked really well was my idea about using the DDave mod. I used the bucket screen and I used the DDave adapter to bring the heat a lot closer to the herb, the vape was at the first setting and this is the result after two puff:

20200829_204533.jpg
20200829_204701.jpg

Very good for a first try. After that I raised the heat to level 2 and 3 but I never got an even roast like with the first setting. The heat has more time to vaporize everything before it starts to burn too much and it also heat up the basket to get a more complete extraction.

I also changed my technique with the way I rotate to get my even roast. It's not to vape I rotate but the bowl and it's so much easier, no more fight with the cord. The metal clips I use to hold the glass are loose enough that I can lift the adapter a little bit and do a quarter turn without too much trouble, I just lift the vape a tiny bit a the top and do my quarter turn to cook everything evenly. I can touch the ridge on middle of the male adapter, it stay cool enough to hold when you are not inhaling hot air thru it, so that's the part I turn. The only problem is some times the glass will get stuck so before I start I just move the glass on the joint to make sure everything is free to move.

20200829_130630.jpg

More testing to do tonight but I'm close to have what I want to have out of this vape.

Top Bottom