Discontinued Terp Torch

arb

Semi shaved ape
Why not make the 90 at the hea ting element instead of the cord..........boom.
I see they are offering it in deluxe kit form only now for the same cost as a cosmetic second life saber.
Not sure what herd this product is aimed at,oh shizz it's this herd baaaaaaa,baaaaaaa.
🐑

arb,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I would really like to know the thinking behind not adding an angle. Looking at the design I could imagine a few variations for it using a 90° angle and that wouldn't have necessary increased costs.

I think adding an angle would have elevated this vape from good to great and I haven't even used it. We've all used vapes with the same heating element though. I think the dbv/ssv kicks so much ass. And the saber would still be popular to this day if it had a more versatile design.

It also appears that many of the veteran members are not impressed with another soldering vape. I don't mind it but it is tough to overlook the design choices of their tip assembly kit.

If TerpTorch stays with this design could we see it go the way of the saber? Form and function are so important for both the use and sale of all equipment.

I would say no 90 degree because something meant them deciding to lock into using just that soldering iron. A deal with the factory, or a bulk purchase, or just a decision to save time and hassle and get it out there.

Lets face it, a heater is a heater. If it works, great! I just think they've missed a trick by focusing on the tip and nothing else.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
At least with the SSV43 you can rotate the wand easily, it's glass on glass, you connect from the side and you only have the wand with the whip to contend with. With the Terp Torch it's more complicated to rotate the vape to move the hot spot around. The tip is titanium, it doesn't slide on the glass much so the solution is to lift the vape a little bit, but by doing that more air can get in and cool the herb down. You have all the weight of the vape strait down on the glass and you also have the cord that will be in your way when you try to rotate the vape. This result in a vape that's not easy to fully rotate and at the speed the hot spot can appear this is a problem.

It doesn't help that I'm trying different bowl and that I have to adjust the settings all the times so I don't combust. Also I noticed that the hot spot would move depending on the bowl. Last night I used two bowls, the Herborizer and the Cyclone bowl. I always put the vape in the bowl with the C-clip facing me so I can see in the bowl when the hot spot start. With the Cyclone bowl the hot spot was right under the C-clip but on the Herbo bowl the spot was now in the back of the bowl. I guess the air flow is different or something but it's happening every time the same way.

Sure the vape would be better if the tip was at 90 degree but this would drive the price up. If it 5$ more I wouldn't mind but if it's 25$ or more the vape loose it's appeal because you are now closer to the price of other vapes that are just a little more expensive that will do the job in a form factor that might be more pleasing to you. I see they have ditch the basic bundle and now only offer a bundle with the stand. While I think this is the way this vape should be sold, for safety reason the stand is a must, the price is now too high. This vape is a good purchase if the price is low, I got it for 100$ that's a good deal, the stand for 40$ not cheap but I don't have to get it right away or at all if I have another way to hold the vape at home. Now at 160$ for the vape and the stand bundle it's not crazy expensive or anything but I can start to think about other vapes close to that price range that are more interesting, an LSV for 190$ for example. The big selling point for me is that the Terp torch is a heavy hitter at a low price and if the price is too high I can't really recommend it anymore when you have other options available.

So who's this vape for? I'm not really sure. In my case I have so many toys that I don't think I'll use it a lot at home, but I can see myself bringing it somewhere else if I need a desktop heavy hitter. It's small enough and again it's cheap. I don't see myself bringing my Herbo or my V-Rod elsewhere because if I lose them I would be mad, they cost so much. But the Terp Torch not so much, it's cheaper than the majority of my portable.
It's also a good back up if you don't have a lot of vapes. I remember at the beginning when my only heavy hitter was the V-Rod and I was thinking how would I sleep if it stop working because that was the only thing I had that would work for my insomnia. The Terp Torch would take care of this problem without costing too much. I don't know if this would be good for beginners because I think you need to know a little bit what you are doing to avoid disaster. Also if you are the kind of person that keep forgetting stuff or if you are very clumsy the risk of accident is way too high for you. In the end I think this is for people that have already started their journey on the path of vaporization and are curious about the heavy hitters but don't want to spend a lot of money on them. It's the same thing with a portable, you might want to buy a Fury 2 before you buy a Mighty to be sure you like it and don't waste your money. The Terp Torch won't work as good but I guaranty that it will kick your ass in a way that few vaporizer can.

If Terp Tech can find a way to get ride of the hot spot then the vape would become a lot more easy to use and they need to keep the price low otherwise people will just look somewhere else for their vapes.

Last edited:

D3m0nFlare

Unggoy Terrorizer
I just bent my cord like 5 inches down and ziptied it to the bottom like sneaky pete suggested for better cord control. I wonder if you put a 90 18 to 14 elbow glass piece on the TT and just increased the temp you would have a 90 Terp Torch. I think Ono showed a 90 earlier. I think a 90 would be likely to tip easier though.

D3m0nFlare,
Reactions: arb

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I wouldn't want an angled torch. That's what my Herborizer is for. If it were bent, I couldn't use it hands free, even on my heaviest rig. As straight, I can leave it in position while I hit it.

Hot spots - when my spot moved, I think it was due to ball movement. Currently it only shows up over my cclip. I avoid it the same way I avoid a hot spot with my other heavy hitters...lower temps, smaller loads (keeps it further from the heater), and smaller hits. There's a dance to it, like the other big vapes.

I love the bowl. It's even better than my Herborizer bowl when it comes to a good view, and can hold more. The clip is a cheap way to make a handle, and keep the price low. Compared to the LSV, the Torch is cheaper, hits harder, and comes with a bowl and stand. The LSV bowl is an extra expense, and stands don't even exist. You're on your own there. My LSV hung from a nail on the wall for two years.

We could all come up with at least three things we'd like to change for our tastes, but as is, it nails a void in the market - something cheap that will convert smokers. I will recommend it to smokers and heavy vaporists, or anyone who thinks cheap vapor is weak.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I didnt get the chance to do a first impression video kid was keeping me pretty busy. I did get the chance to try it real fast. My first impression was, its ugly and awkward especially with cord, a 90 plug in power adapter would have been decent. I can get over the awkwardness of length of the solder in my face, I only paid $100 for this thing, I've squandered a lot more money on a single vape that doesn't match up to this thing, when it comes down to brass tax vapor density, production, and flavor it's a winner. The awkwardness and the look is definitely a loss with me. Looks I can get over plus there will probably be 3rd party accessories for this and awkwardness I imagine I'll either overcome or adapt.
So for $100 I think it was well worth it. If I knew some one was on a budget and wanted strong vape I would suggest the TT if cord wasn't an issue.

kimura

I’m picturing using it with a big ass old school bong with a 45 degree stem. Maybe that would be less awkward and it sounds like filling a big tube with vapor should be no problem for this thing.

Many of us use smaller bubblers, which I can see being annoying with this thing

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I’m picturing using it with a big ass old school bong with a 45 degree stem. Maybe that would be less awkward and it sounds like filling a big tube with vapor should be no problem for this thing.

I love this idea because the vape is gonna be further away from my face. I'm always scared when I remove the vape from the glass because my face is so close to it with the pipe I'm using. The bowl bring the vape higher than usual and the risk of accident is real.

The Chemist,

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Should look just like a vrip setup!

Torch works on an Orbiter one-handed, but I have to hold it by the bubbler. Way better on something heavy that can hold it up on its own.

Alexis

Yo Arb easy fe

I got my Terp Torch yesterday and I'm very happy with it. The performance of this vape is very impressive for the price you pay. The set up at the beginning is very easy, the biggest problem you'll have is if the C-clip fly away when you install it, good luck finding it. The torch itself is not too heavy and easy to manipulate, but when you put it on the pipe it's easy to press the button and change your setting by mistake. The cord is a little stiff and a pain to work with, I have a lot of stuff on my table and it keep getting stuck on things when moving around. If something bad happen with this vape it will be because of the cord, so be careful when moving the vape from the stand to the pipe. The stand is very heavy and the clip is holding the vape securely but it's not difficult to place or remove the vape on the stand. The little tool that comes with the vape is amazing, it has the perfect weight to pack the herb in the bowl, and having a place to put this tool on the stand is a nice touch. The bowl is not that great, the screen is crap, I'll talk about it later.

This vape can finish a bowl in two shot at level 7, it can produce a lot of vapor. Not a lot of vapes can do what this thing can do. Unfortunately it's not without some problems. Depending on the heat setting you use, a hot spot will appear very quickly. The C-clip might be the problem so what I did was to put the C-clip facing me when in the oven so I can see more easily if a hot spot is forming. I'm not sure if this is really the problem because I did this all night but at the end of the night the hot spot was at the opposite side of the C-clip. I left the Terp Torch on for the whole evening and I know that the ceramic rod wasn't perfectly centered when I've put the glass beads in so I think it's possible the heat accumulate on one side and created this new hot spot, it was bigger than the hot spot from the C-clip. The only thing that make me unsure is that this happened when I was using another bowl than the one it comes with. This is the kind of thing that need more testing to really understand what is going on. I used the titanium screen on my Terp Torch and didn't add beads in mine but I think I could fit a couple more. I have some 3mm boro beads that I want to try with this vape I'm curious if it will make a difference.

The bowl is the worst thing in this bundle, but it's far from useless. It works, but it's not good at it. First the bowl itself, the glass is not very thick but doesn't look fragile either, standard quality. The big problem is the screen, the holes are too big and a little bit of herb will fall thru it when you stir. Even if you use a drop down you'll still find some herb floating in your water. I used a Brillant Cut Grinder with the medium plate. You can put a regular screen on top of this one to stop the problem but it could move while you stir and will fall out when you dump the ABV after you are done. If you really want to use this bowl you will have to get creative with the screen but I suspect a lot of people will simply use another bowl. I used the bowl two times before I decided to switch to something else. I saw a couple of people used the ELEV8R bowl and I think it's a really good idea, you can even choose between a regular screen or a glass screen so it's a good option to try I think. Since other people already tried it I decided to go a different route. One thing I wanted to try but didn't was the Herborizer bowl. The Terp torch has the habit of getting stuck on the glass when you remove it from the bowl so I think the Herbo bowl with the little handle on the side will be perfect to help you hold the bowl while you remove the Terp Torch, I'm gonna try it tonight. I tried two other bowls last night got a hit and a miss. The first one I tried was the bowl from the DDave Mod for the Arizer Extreme Q. This bring the Terp Torch only 3/8 of an inch from the screen. I lowered my temperature to the 3rd and 4th setting for this one. I got some vapor but not what I was expecting, there's two reason for that I think, first I didn't put enough herb in it to cover the screen properly since the surface of the screen is a lot bigger than what I'm used to. Second is the shape of the bowl, you have the ridge at the middle of the bowl where the screen sit and you got some herb there that's not directly under the heat so it take a lot more stirring to extract everything. I'll need to come back to this idea later and play with it to be sure if it's a good idea or not. The second bowl I tried was more successful, I decided to stay with the Arizer theme and tried the Cyclone bowl for the Extreme Q. With this bowl the heater is further away but still closer than with the standard bowl. I got really good cloud with this set up but it's with this bowl that I got the other hot spot issue so I don't know if it's the bowl or the vape that is to blame. Like always more testing is needed but for the first night using it I slept like a rock so it's working very good. The vapor quality is good not too harsh on the throat and you will exhale a cloud way bigger than you thought you had in your lung. The taste is good but it's not the reason why people will use it, if you are after tasty vapor there's a lot of other vape that will satisfy you before this one. I think this release way too much vapor at the same time and at the end you have the hot spot that start to change the taste too much. Bottom line I didn't cough out a lung after using the Terp Torch and vaping 0.3g in two shot so it's a win in my book.

There's a lot of room for improvement. The cord is a problem but I don't think they can do a lot about it, like others have said the way the cords hangs from the vape is gonna be something to watch closely before it damage the connection. They need to find a way to better support the cable so it doesn't bend the way it does. They need to have a better indicator that the vape is on because the little blue light is flickering too fast and is difficult to see when you are away from the vape. The buttons are too easy to press by accident when you manipulate the vape. The stand should have more protection around the tip of the vape so you won't burn yourself by accident, a little cage around the top should be easy to do.

At the end of the day this vape does what only a couple of other vapes can do at a fraction of the price. This is not a fancy vape but it will kick your ass if that's what you are looking for. It's far from perfect but it work without being too complicated. It's not gonna make you stop using the other heavy hitter if you already got one of them but if you are looking for something that will introduce you to the next level in vapor potency this is the vape to do it. For the price you get a desktop unit that will help you get where you want to be. I'll see what I think of the vape after a couple of days with it but so far I'm liking it.
Excellent detailed discord thanks a lot from us all mate, your effort is more appreciated than you might think.

So personally, Im not exactly looking for a heavy hitter to replace my heavy hitters, moreso a very good, fast extracting, easy to use, hard hitting vape which I can actuallt tolerate as Im allergic to, literally, the vape signature, of so many different specific vapes, materials completely aside.

I recently was gifted an SSV but it waiting for repair.

I was going to use the Silver Surfer as a tester for the LSV identical heater as I am a purist water vapor mostly, and ultimately would favour a more Vape-direct vape setup.

But I still have my heart set on the Vriptech Heat Wand. If I could only be sure I wouldnot react adversely to the VHW vape signature, I would have one already but boy, a big expense from USA to UK just to find out.

I would want their Pro Water tool model and spare glass heater cover, essential really to include if you are sensible.

But....this terp torch. I tell you, minus my unpredictable vape allergies, I reckon I would spring for one.

It looks fun- EASY, effective, great price.

I'm not gping to knock all it's little faults etc I think we can be a bit fussy in this spoilt age of vaporizers.

Simple can be best you know.

I hope to see this terp torch live up to initial expectations, and show popular and satisfy many. :nod::)

Wishing the company best of luck anyway.

I would quite like to try @invertedisdead 's ingenious Inversion device, but I sold my Auber RDK 300 (actually- light bulb! I have the Chinese New Vape controller? Maybe wrong pin layout thiugh oah just realised) but also I just instinctively suspect an adverse reaction like with vast majority of heavy hittters, Elev8r strangley excluded (?).

@invertedisdead great project mate you got my support and admiration. Keep going I say, be patient. Sorry I havent't shown any support so far mate it's always such a tease that' all.

Of I was like these "next men" haha, I would be all over that thread trust me.

Knowing full well that diamond @lazylathe would have bought me the first available unit haha! 😀

Maybe saying....if it doesn't work send it this way no problems! ;)
L

Last edited:

SatanLovestoVape

I have been enjoying the terp torch for the past 24 hours. The vape has served me well. However, compared to a high-end vape like a Flowerpot, it does have its faults. I absolutely hate the $40 stand just too damn big. Every time I used the terp torch, it forms hot spots which are forgivable, unlike butane vapes. The thing is basically an Extreme Q of heavy hitters.

biohacker

Compared to the LSV, the Torch is cheaper, hits harder, and comes with a bowl and stand. The LSV bowl is an extra expense, and stands don't even exist. You're on your own there. My LSV hung from a nail on the wall for two years.

Is the TT for $159 REALLY cheaper than the LSV? I'm not sure what PIU is selling them for, but it's gotta be close to that, and comes with a sweet ass padded bag, and long glass mouthpiece. With $40 of "value" in a janky stand, and a digital soldering iron with boro balls, Ti, you're getting what you paid for, including a lack of R&D/beta testing where it counts the MOST IMO.

The LSV doesn't need a "bowl", it does great with a very inexpensive 18mm double male and simple 1/2" screen. You could pick them up for only a few bucks each. The LSV doesn't need a stand, since it can easily sit on its side on a table, and you're not going to cause 3rd degree burns potentially. As for the TT hitting harder than the LSV? Well, I don't think i've put mine up past 11/12 on the dial, and 7th floor vapes like LSV, SSV, etc all hit harder than hell anyway.

IMO the TT looks like a cheap thrown together soldering iron vape that was rushed to the market and is being heavily pushed by influencers, and anyone thinking about one should just wait for more actual user feedback.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I wouldn't want an angled torch. That's what my Herborizer is for. If it were bent, I couldn't use it hands free, even on my heaviest rig. As straight, I can leave it in position while I hit it.

Hot spots - when my spot moved, I think it was due to ball movement. Currently it only shows up over my cclip. I avoid it the same way I avoid a hot spot with my other heavy hitters...lower temps, smaller loads (keeps it further from the heater), and smaller hits. There's a dance to it, like the other big vapes.

I love the bowl. It's even better than my Herborizer bowl when it comes to a good view, and can hold more. The clip is a cheap way to make a handle, and keep the price low. Compared to the LSV, the Torch is cheaper, hits harder, and comes with a bowl and stand. The LSV bowl is an extra expense, and stands don't even exist. You're on your own there. My LSV hung from a nail on the wall for two years.

We could all come up with at least three things we'd like to change for our tastes, but as is, it nails a void in the market - something cheap that will convert smokers. I will recommend it to smokers and heavy vaporists, or anyone who thinks cheap vapor is weak.
Do you or your wife own\ work for terp tech?
Just wondering as this lsv comparison seems intentionally biased.
🤔

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Do you or your wife own\ work for terp tech?
Just wondering as this lsv comparison seems intentionally biased.
🤔
Nope. Thx for asking! I saw others comparing and thought I'd chime in. I've claimed for years that the LSV is the best bang for your buck if you already own a glass piece you like. I think the torch now does it better for less, if you don't count points for style (the LSV is a cool looking vape).

Top Bottom