Discontinued Terp Torch

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
That will be an interesting comparison.

Indeed, assuming you can accurately set the temperatures like PID’s that cost as much as this iron, then one difference might be “how do you carb cap”, this?

Adding right angle glass adapters “might” require adding more heat.

I wouldn’t fixate on stands if one is comparing how the unit actually works in delivering HEAT. The stand is an accessory, though SAFETY is always something to consider, it’s not a deal breaker. We are smart enough to deal with HOT items, no?

RustyOldNail

Yeah, but the stand is all part of the package on offer and therefore worthy of discussion. Thats what this site is for :)

I didn’t say not to include it in the discussion, but that it’s not that pertinent to the heater section and functionality. Many could make their own stand, and perhaps better. I’m just curious if this might be a good recommendation to those that may not be able to afford a NV WeedEater and PID. Fuck the stand.... :)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I didn’t say not to include it in the discussion, but that it’s not that pertinent to the heater section and functionality. Many could make their own stand, and perhaps better. I’m just curious if this might be a good recommendation to those that may not be able to afford a NV WeedEater and PID. Fuck the stand.... :)

I dont think anyone was getting the two confused like the stand made any difference to functionality. It was just being talked about.

Yung Coconut

I wouldn’t fixate on stands if one is comparing how the unit actually works in delivering HEAT. The stand is an accessory, though SAFETY is always something to consider, it’s not a deal breaker. We are smart enough to deal with HOT items, no?

The people on FC? Maybe. Bunch of stoned beginners attracted to a cheap vape because it hits hard? I wouldn't bet on it.

RustyOldNail

The people on FC? Maybe. Bunch of stoned beginners attracted to a cheap vape because it hits hard? I wouldn't bet on it.

They should buy fire insurance...

Tell you what, I’ll buy JUST the STAND, create a review thread for it, and another one just for shipping updates. Check back hourly for updates....
:tup:

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: arb

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Sorry to bring it up more, but those stands in the videos are something else they used, not included in the package (at least that is my impression)

The actual stand is just a sheet of metal.

TT-Kit1-scaled.jpg

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
No need to get standoffish, guys.

:peace:

I'm lying down!

EDIT: Stand of fish?

Sorry to bring it up more, but those stands in the videos are something else they used, not included in the package (at least that is my impression)

The actual stand is just a sheet of metal.

TT-Kit1-scaled.jpg

IIRC the original FP stand was one of those, or maybe it was just me that was using one. Anyway, thats a standard cheap soldering iron stand (or the design is anyway)

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@MothChewMoth I see your back in the saddle but if it's more than brown I'm not down. Don't see myself downgrading from my Weedeater but I do think it's interesting and inventive also I like that you can see the bowl vape........ at least on the right rig? I noticed you didn't try it out with a Elev8r wpa for a bowl, might help with some of your hotspots?

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
@MothChewMoth I see your back in the saddle but if it's more than brown I'm not down. Don't see myself downgrading from my Weedeater but I do think it's interesting and inventive also I like that you can see the bowl vape........ at least on the right rig? I noticed you didn't try it out with a Elev8r wpa for a bowl, might help with some of your hotspots?
Hot spots seemed to happen regardless of bowl or draw; I suspect the c clip 🧐

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I see simrell in a few of the videos. How long until we see a bunch of custom tips? Anodized n all. possibly 18 mm.

iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: lazylathe

despeRAWdo

Fan of Hot Air Makers.
I see simrell in a few of the videos. How long until we see a bunch of custom tips? Anodized n all. possibly 18 mm.
I don't think the tip is made of titanium, which would mean no anodizing. Could upgrade to a pretty blue screen though.

despeRAWdo,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom