Discontinued Terp Torch

androponic

vaped.
I was super duper high about 2am when I noticed the store was up, so I pulled the trigger. Apparently the store was open for testing... Guess I provided a working test! They were pretty cool about it 🤣
im east coast and i ordered at 6:40 am. did you have to contact TT? i received the email right away with confirmation info. everything went through with payment too.

androponic,
Reactions: lazylathe

Yung Coconut

Cool twist on old tech I guess, but the kit just looks so cheap. And the cord seems so awkward with having to hold the device vertical... Seems like a burn/fire hazard.

That thin bowl probably gets super hot also... Wouldn't drop it in a nice glass piece without a huge dropdown or something. Should have made it way thicker at the center to keep the heat away from the joint.

Last edited:

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
im east coast and i ordered at 6:40 am. did you have to contact TT? i received the email right away with confirmation info. everything went through with payment too.
Looks like it was actually closer to 1:30a Pacific when I ordered. I pinged their IG around that time to see if it was legit and Brian gave me the all clear, letting me know he'd been testing the store.

MothChewMoth,
Reactions: chaos191

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I do look forward to yalls thoughts once you get some miles on it... but still not sold on one yet.

...kinda find the name to be a bit misleading as well (not really a torch at all), but I can understand if they really just wanted to use Terp in the name- that catch phrase is all the rage right now!

Lets see how it measures up to other heavy hitter's collections.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I do look forward to yalls thoughts once you get some miles on it... but still not sold on one yet.

...kinda find the name to be a bit misleading as well (not really a torch at all), but I can understand if they really just wanted to use Terp in the name- that catch phrase is all the rage right now!

Lets see how it measures up to other heavy hitter's collections.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not sold yet but I'm interested in it. I just wish it didn't look so cheap. I would have bought with out hesitation if the product didn't look like something I stumbled onto in DHGate. The iron itself looks cheap. A few extra bucks in polishing would have went pretty far. A better handle, would have like to see the tip have 90 degree bend it, with a thicker glass bowl or titanium attachment. An interchangeable power cord would have been a good idea too. I just feel like it will throw out and carry enough heat to get warm and being horizontal its going to eventually kink that cord and wear in the spot. Like a cell phone charger it gets bent constantly and is prone to have you wrapping your cord around the phone to charge Haha. It is only $100 I just think id rather spend $150 at least for a well polished item. It is a decent idea I will give them that.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I look at this vape more like a proof of concept kind of thing. For the price I'm willing to try it and see if this can deliver the way other vapes three times more expensive do. I think that down the road nothing stops them to release a new version more aesthetically pleasing, better designed and with better glass with a screen system that's better. Lots of opportunity for improvement. But as an entry level vaporizer if it can deliver the punch that some of the heavies can I'm willing to look pass these issues and give it a try.

JEMSKU

Very interesting entry into the vape space.

Firstly I want to point out that anyone saying this vape shouldn't be taken seriously due to using old tech must not take the SSV43 very seriously either... At this point in the vape industry I find this argument to be pretty silly, as there are only so many variations on producing heat and delivering it to flower. The execution is where the differences lie.

I had been thinking about the cheapest possible execution of the heating rod + heat sink/diffuser (beads or whatnot) vape since these started getting talked about more, and aside from a diy solution that stuck the ssv ceramic heater + cover onto a block of wood, this is pretty close to it without making enormous compromises. I hadn't realized that soldering irons use this same tech so good on the producer for connecting those dots.

A lot of the problems are pretty apparent and have been talked about. It's awkward to use with the cord facing the opposite way from the heating element, one or the other should be 90°. Between this and the hot spotting problem, I think the heater assembly should be redesigned to be 90°, and I wonder if using a threaded cap over the beads rather than a c-clamp directly in the air path would help with the hot spotting.

I was surprised that the soldering iron doesn't have a finer control over temperature given that it's digital. I suppose they are limited by the offerings in the wholesale soldering iron market here.

Many people are still debating using borosilicate beads for this application, we'll have to see if any melting or glass dust issues come up.

Other than that, I find this to be a pretty impressive offering for the price. Cheaper than the ELV8ER + enail and from what I can see it can offer similar performance. I don't see it usurping any of the other 'heavies' but someone has to come in and offer a bottom-of-the-market safe and reliable product in this space. I have a feeling they will be successful here.

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
Let's see how it measures up to other heavy hitter's collections.
I'll be running it against the SSV, Ditanium, Weedeater, Evo, and a few others (G43 maybe? I don't have the wall version). SSV43 once beads arrive too.
I look at this vape more like a proof of concept kind of thing. For the price I'm willing to try it and see if this can deliver the way other vapes three times more expensive do. I think that down the road nothing stops them to release a new version more aesthetically pleasing, better designed and with better glass with a screen system that's better. Lots of opportunity for improvement. But as an entry level vaporizer if it can deliver the punch that some of the heavies can I'm willing to look pass these issues and give it a try.
Yep, exactly! 🤘

JEMSKU

The iron is only to apply power and control temp. The tip is where the magic happens. They defiantly need to 510 this. Would make it less cumbersome too.

I feel the point in the design of this vape was to use existing tech to bring out a bottom-dollar heavy hitter. AFAIK 510 ceramic heating rod tech doesn't exist, doing R&D on something like that surely would have made the price point much less realistic.

Also, speaking of the iron being what applies the power, a mains connection will always outperform a 510 battery connection, all other things being equal.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
510 ceramic heating rods are defiantly a thing, I had one in my Hercules 510 and 510 ceramic donut vapes are a big thing too.

I have an ecig vape here that can handle 200w, which will be sufficient for anything vape related.

Haha I was just posting this. I posted in DiY a few months ago. This would be ideal. Way more user friendly

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
The thing with mod tech is that it uses coil resistance to detect heater temp too, making it fast and accurate. I say fast cause it will boost with full 200w to reach temp if you set it to do so.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
The thing with mod tech is that it uses coil resistance to detect heater temp too, making it fast and accurate. I say fast cause it will boost with full 200w to reach temp if you set it to do so.
I'm pulling the trigger tonight just to check it out. Plus that tip is the missing link from the diy soldering iron. This was what I was thinking when I posted in DIY. It's only $100 for that price I could check out a potv one or this. I think this looks more bang for your buck

Edit--- it's still ugly and awkward shaped, but the performance has me interested for that price

Last edited:

scy123

I actually pulled that video from your post about that lol. The only reason this tip would not work with a mod is either if the resistance of the coil inside the ceramic element is too high or too low.

If it works their is a high chance it would be temp controllable too, depending on the heater material they used.

scy123,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I actually pulled that video from your post about that lol. The only reason this tip would not work with a mod is either if the resistance of the coil inside the ceramic element is too high or too low.

If it works their is a high chance it would be temp controllable too, depending on the heater material they used.
Oh haha, It's worth a shot, I got plenty of mods and if I cant get to work I will still have the terp torch and mods. Really no downside to getting it just to try it.

redwood0

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not sold yet but I'm interested in it. I just wish it didn't look so cheap. I would have bought with out hesitation if the product didn't look like something I stumbled onto in DHGate. The iron itself looks cheap. A few extra bucks in polishing would have went pretty far. A better handle, would have like to see the tip have 90 degree bend it, with a thicker glass bowl or titanium attachment. An interchangeable power cord would have been a good idea too. I just feel like it will throw out and carry enough heat to get warm and being horizontal its going to eventually kink that cord and wear in the spot. Like a cell phone charger it gets bent constantly and is prone to have you wrapping your cord around the phone to charge Haha. It is only $100 I just think id rather spend $150 at least for a well polished item. It is a decent idea I will give them that.

They talked about this a little bit on their instagram.

Apparently a custom enclosure would drive the price up and it would pretty much be the same price/product as a herborizer.

They claim to be targeting heavy smokers who want to switch to vaping for cheap. The cord is slightly concerning but it's 8+ft at least.

Last edited:

JEMSKU

510 ceramic heating rods are defiantly a thing, I had one in my Hercules 510 and 510 ceramic donut vapes are a big thing too.

I have an ecig vape here that can handle 200w, which will be sufficient for anything vape related.

I am aware of ceramic heating elements, what I am specifically talking about is a 510 attachment that will heat the standard ceramic rod that this vape and the 7th floor vapes use.

Just because one guy hacked together a proof of concept 510 soldering iron doesn't mean the tech is available to purchase wholesale and incorporate into a vaporizer. That's the point here, the ingredients of the vape are readily available and proven.

Despite the power delivery potential of box mods I still don't feel they would make a good base for these types of vapes. Some users may not mind the kind of battery upkeep that is needed but it's not for me. I feel some may point to the g43 as a successful box mod heavy hitter, frankly that would just prove my point as reports suggest that mains power takes the vape to a whole 'nother level.

scy123

Looks like they milled a custom heater for the iron though, could just mill something custom for any application really.

Edit: sorry, a little off topic, just thought it would be a more interesting idea.

:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom