Pen Terp Pen XL - Boundless Technology

LesPlenty

Company Rep
just a draw sensor powers it on.
I REALLY like this feature, I can have a toke on it without taking it out of my shirt pocket(I have a pen clip on it).
I definitely want to try a quartz coil
You could try sending Eric at Boundless a message and ask to try one for the team,
Eric@bndlstech.com
I am waiting for my free test sample in the mail...good things come to those that wait!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Just to update. I continue to enjoy my new quartz coil on my old OG terp pen. It takes a good 10 sec to get it heated up on that smaller battery, but when its ready it produces some flavorful vapor with no coily after taste.

Understanding that it was not made for the OG pen, I don't know if this issue occurs on the xl. It is a pretty large coil with a good sized chunk of quartz in there. After hitting it, the coil remains pretty hot and you can see streams of vapor continue to exit the coil even while the pen sits idle. That coil does not heat up and coil down on a dime. Not bad for the heat up because you can get some terpy hits before it reachs max temp. But not so cool watching your concentrate continue to smolder after you're done inhaling.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Just to update. I continue to enjoy my new quartz coil on my old OG terp pen. It takes a good 10 sec to get it heated up on that smaller battery, but when its ready it produces some flavorful vapor with no coily after taste.

Understanding that it was not made for the OG pen, I don't know if this issue occurs on the xl. It is a pretty large coil with a good sized chunk of quartz in there. After hitting it, the coil remains pretty hot and you can see streams of vapor continue to exit the coil even while the pen sits idle. That coil does not heat up and coil down on a dime. Not bad for the heat up because you can get some terpy hits before it reachs max temp. But not so cool watching your concentrate continue to smolder after you're done inhaling.
Suck it?

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
@LesPlenty Thanks for sharing!

For the month of October, we are collaborating with the Keep A Breast Foundation to raise awareness of Breast Cancer education and support. For every unit sold, $10 USD of the sale will go towards the Keep A Breast Foundation. Boundless will also match the total donation for the month of October and will continue to donate $10 USD of each sale until the pink version is out of stock.

Here is a link to the Keep A Breast website for more information on their mission and their "Check Yourself" App: https://www.keep-a-breast.org/

The pink Keep A Breast Foundation unit is currently exclusive to our retail site and will run until this batch is sold out.

Thank you all for the continued support and we hope everyone is staying healthy and safe.

rvarick

Question for those in the know - are any more quartz coils planned for production in 2021? I have a trial one I've been using but wasn't sure if these will ever become available for purchase.

Manufacturer
Question for those in the know - are any more quartz coils planned for production in 2021? I have a trial one I've been using but wasn't sure if these will ever become available for purchase.
Thanks for the interest. We are planning to have them available for retail in Q1 2021. I don't have an exact date yet but we do plan to release them as soon as possible. I really dig the quartz coil and the feedback we have received has been very positive! I will be sure to post here once I get a confirmed date.

GoGlass

I just bought an TerpPen XL and i must say this thing is ridiculous easy to use with very good results.
I have also own a DTV4, taste is better but the DTV4 is not an easy maintenance tool...
Maybe the DTV4 is a bit more conservative with oil than the TerpPen XL.

So i am the next who want to try the Quartz Coils.....I have big hope that these coils will remove the only disadvantage of the TerpPen XL (taste not so great).....
@Boundless Vape, tell us that the Quartz Coils are coming soon ......

Manufacturer
I just bought an TerpPen XL and i must say this thing is ridiculous easy to use with very good results.
I have also own a DTV4, taste is better but the DTV4 is not an easy maintenance tool...
Maybe the DTV4 is a bit more conservative with oil than the TerpPen XL.

So i am the next who want to try the Quartz Coils.....I have big hope that these coils will remove the only disadvantage of the TerpPen XL (taste not so great).....
@Boundless Vape, tell us that the Quartz Coils are coming soon ......
Thank you for the feedback!

The quartz coils are still coming, it is looking like they will be available around March. We keep getting hit with unfortunate delays. My apologies for not having a solid date on the release but I will be sure to update here when I get more information.

DingoGlittering

Hi All,

After testing some returned units out this week we are finding that there are two main issues going on. The first is when the unit blinks 10 times after a draw. The 10 blinking red light indicates low battery capacity. If this is happening to your unit please give it another full charge with the coil unscrewed from the battery. Let the unit charge for a few hours and if the led light turns off while charging, unplug and plug back in for a few more minutes. To check to see if your unit is performing correctly after recharging try a burn-off hit on blue or green. When on the blue, after a full draw the led will blink blue 3 times. Same with green and red but it is easiest to test this on blue and green. If there is still no difference in the performance of your unit feel free to contact me and we will get this replaced. This has worked for all the returns that I have received so far that experience the 10 blinking red led issue and has also worked with newly opened units that I have here at the office experiencing this issue.

Another issue we have seen is an alternating red to green led light when taking a draw. This indicates a faulty coil connect. This can be fixed by adjusting the metal pin on the bottom of the heating element or popping out the metal pin and checking to see if the wires are properly connected. One wire should sit outside of the silicone grommet and the other wire should sit inside to touch the metal pin and grommet. If you are experiencing this issue please message me and I can help out further.

I hope this helps. If you would like to message me via email to discuss this further please do so at Eric@bndlstech.com.
Just got my XL today and I would've been very frustrated if I had not known to come and look here first. I experienced the same issues everyone else described and then remembered reading this thread some time back and, sure enough, realized my mistake was not removing the coil before charging (I even tried one of the extra coils I ordered to see if that was the issue! Never once considered I might need to charge it without the coil inserted). Crossing my fingers and hoping this will resolve my issue. Ya'll at boundless should really be communicating this information to your customers, especially since my regular Terp Pen has functioned flawlessly since the moment I got it.

Edit: Yup, all working 100% perfect now. Absolutely loving the XL and so glad I decided to pull the trigger despite the mixed reviews. I will be selling my DTv4 and box mod and exclusively using this as my portable if I'm not using my Versa. Don't ever even need a bottomless banger with this! 14mm native is a godsend. Now we just need those elusive quartz coils to become available... And seriously, fix this charger/coil issue! It makes it very difficult for me to recommend the XL when I always need to add "just be sure to remove the coil before charging for the first time and check FC in case there are any other issues you run into..." Otherwise, it would be my #1 recommendation for anyone looking for a low-budget wax pen, no question! By far the most simple, efficient, flavorful, versatile, and affordable option on the market IMO.

Last edited:

I picked one of these up on Puffitup's winter sale (IMO a steal at $29). I've had an OG terp pen for about a year and have really enjoyed it.

I notice that my charger port seems to be a bit sensitive. I went to charge it up before using the first time, and it seemed to be charging just fine, but checking back after 20 minutes and I noticed the light was out. I figured this meant it was fully charged, but only got blinking lights when trying to do a burn off. I knew this meant it was dead, so I tried a few different charging cables. Same result on these. I went back to the original cable, and noticed if I bend the cable slightly, it will stay charging for a bit longer, but still eventually stops charging. I just kind of kept poking at it all night to get a decent charge in it, but obviously that's not sustainable for long. Now that it's somewhat charged, I can do a full burn off and then it will blink after the draw limit is reached.

Any thoughts @Boundless Vape Technology ? As mentioned, I got this one from PIU. I'm not sure if this is the same issue as posted a few pages back. FYI - I did try charging both with and without the atomizer in place - seemed to be the same result.

Edit for update: I decided to try charging with an iPhone usb "brick", and it's been going for 10 minutes now without any issues. Fingers crossed - maybe that was my problem? I was previously charging it on a power strip on my workbench, as well as in my computer tower USB slot. I have never had any problems with these slots charging many different devices before, so I didn't consider that? Also odd that putting a 180° bend in my charging cable was *sort of* fixing the issue in these other slots. Doesn't seem to be required with the charging brick.

Edit for another update: I came back after 10 more minutes and it had stopped charging again :|. Definitely not even close to fully charged FYI

Final edit! I think it may be working properly, and the last edit was just me coming back to it fully charged? I need to spend some more time to figure out how much of a charge I have currently. I ran it down a bit with burn-offs and it's been charging for longer than before, so I am hopeful. Maybe I got the estimated 45 minutes of charging time in and just didn't realize it.

Last edited:

rvarick

Thank you for the feedback!

The quartz coils are still coming, it is looking like they will be available around March. We keep getting hit with unfortunate delays. My apologies for not having a solid date on the release but I will be sure to update here when I get more information.
Any updates on these by chance? Hoping they may become available before possibly not being available at all due to this PACT Act/Vape Ban silliness!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Any updates on these by chance? Hoping they may become available before possibly not being available at all due to this PACT Act/Vape Ban silliness!
I'm having mixed feelings about the XL, and prefer the smaller og terp pen. The XL blinks if I look at it funny, I never can trust it to stay on one temp setting, and it tends to leave behind a dark burnt-look on the wax if I use the touch-the-tip to the material method, regardless of temp setting. This happens with the standard coil and with the quartz coil sample that Eric was nice enough to send me a while back. I can't tell much difference between the two coil types in use, but that's just me, I think.

The XL seems to take a second or two longer to heat its coils than the og, I assume because the coil is bigger than the og, SO, I recently tried putting a standard og coil on the XL body and I love it this way. It vapes much more like the og, but with longer battery life. I prefer it on the low temp setting, but on any of the settings it still doesn't 'burn' the goods. I still wish it wouldn't blink quite so much.

I'm also getting nervous about "this PACT Act/Vape Ban silliness". Ordered another terp pen the other day, and just now some more coils.... oy. PuffItUp is selling stuff (what's left) like they're going out of business, and maybe they are?

Choices

....PuffItUp is selling stuff (what's left) like they're going out of business, and maybe they are?
I just went to grab a couple OG v2 pens and since the start of yesterday the price has dropped from $19.99 to $18.99 to now $14.99. That is a “pricing vs product in stock” algorithm that lines up with a place going out of business at worst and at a minimum removing a large part of the store catalog. Love Puffitup. Hope I’m wrong....

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I just went to grab a couple OG v2 pens and since the start of yesterday the price has dropped from $19.99 to $18.99 to now $14.99. That is a “pricing vs product in stock” algorithm that lines up with a place going out of business at worst and at a minimum removing a large part of the store catalog. Love Puffitup. Hope I’m wrong....
Guess I acted too soon. Ha! I paid 19.99 yesterday.
Maybe I need a turquoise og..
(EDIT -- Teal, and they're all gone...black only)

This is a sad and fucked up state of affairs. Just read that Humbolt Vape Tech (the Sai) is going out.

cvs8floz

Sure looks like the end of Puffitup, everything is either sold out or deeply discounted. I also noticed that Seedsman almost has no stock of anything, even their own brand, sure hope they are not going out of business either. I expected the opposite to happen with legalization and increased legal sales, you would have to be a fool to invest in this industry given all the potential road blocks a small business has to overcome.

cvs8floz,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The federal government has thrown a major roadblock at an entire industry (or multiple industries) and not just small business with this shipping ban thing. I've been expecting or hoping for some push back from, well, ?somebody?, but things may just be fucked for a while?

@Boundless Vape Technology, if I could be so bold, does your company have an interpretation of the new situation, and do you have a strategy going forward? Am I mis-understanding things about the future of shipping vapes in US?

vapviking,

Manufacturer
We are hoping to have these up on our website in the next few weeks. I will be sure to update here when available.
The federal government has thrown a major roadblock at an entire industry (or multiple industries) and not just small business with this shipping ban thing. I've been expecting or hoping for some push back from, well, ?somebody?, but things may just be fucked for a while?

@Boundless Vape Technology, if I could be so bold, does your company have an interpretation of the new situation, and do you have a strategy going forward? Am I mis-understanding things about the future of shipping vapes in US?
Here is a link with some detailed information and an option to comment to USPS and your local legislator on the proposed rule.
The final ruling has yet to be released by USPS and we are hoping that ultimately there will be a clear distinction between our community and the ENDS (Electronic Nicotine Delivery System) devices.
We are currently taking it day by day but there is still much uncertainty on the B2C end. This is targeted at B2C transactions and an attempt to have consumers only purchase these devices at brick and mortar shops. It is an extreme shift from what we are used to and will ultimately have to adapt if the final ruling umbrellas us. I will do my best to share any updates I receive and thank you all for your support through these weird times. If anyone would like to reach out directly regarding this feel free to email me at Eric@bndlstech.com.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Here is a link with some detailed information and an option to comment to USPS and your local legislator on the proposed rule.
The final ruling has yet to be released by USPS and we are hoping that ultimately there will be a clear distinction between our community and the ENDS (Electronic Nicotine Delivery System) devices.
We are currently taking it day by day but there is still much uncertainty on the B2C end. This is targeted at B2C transactions and an attempt to have consumers only purchase these devices at brick and mortar shops. It is an extreme shift from what we are used to and will ultimately have to adapt if the final ruling umbrellas us. I will do my best to share any updates I receive and thank you all for your support through these weird times. If anyone would like to reach out directly regarding this feel free to email me at Eric@bndlstech.com.
Eric, thank you so much for this information, and a way for us to get involved. I had thought the die was cast, done deal, but this gives us a ray of hope for the situation.
I have gone to the linked site and sent mails to USPS and my congress people. I told them all how (using other words) vaping has helped me totally fuck combustion of both tobacco and cannabis.
Best of luck to you and the folks at Boundless through this fucked-up time.

Manufacturer
Eric, thank you so much for this information, and a way for us to get involved. I had thought the die was cast, done deal, but this gives us a ray of hope for the situation.
I have gone to the linked site and sent mails to USPS and my congress people. I told them all how (using other words) vaping has helped me totally fuck combustion of both tobacco and cannabis.
Best of luck to you and the folks at Boundless through this fucked-up time.
Thanks for the support! I'll do my best to share any more information when available.

Top Bottom