• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pen Terp Pen XL - Boundless Technology

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
After using the new quartz coil for a week I don't think I'll ever use the stock coil ever again. The vapor is so much more enjoyable, tastier and is much smoother in the throat. With the ceramic I would feel the need to do a burn off every couple of hits but I have not done one with the quartz yet. The ceramic coil will produce vapor and you'll get the effects you were looking for but the vapor is too harsh for me and the taste is barely there. I bought some extra ceramic coil but I know I'll use them only if I can't get my hands on the quartz coil. I hope they start to be available soon so I can stock up a little.

btka

I see you're out of stock on the quartz 710 replacement cool? Can a couple be reserved, please?

And by way of clarification, the 710 coil will in fact fit the terp xl?

TIA!

as far as I know the Terp Pen XL Quartz Coil is made for terp pen xl, so it should fit... still waiting for my terp pen xl post is slow or customs...

btka,

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
I bit the bullet and brought one of these. I had the original terp pen for a while. Went for silver as black scratches.

I don't find the temperature changing as anoying as I thought. You just change temp before hitting.

The portability and stealth of the XL terp pen is unrivalled. The taste is quite poor compared to the DT v4. Not a great comparison but thats my other concentrate vape.

I am using the stock coil and i think with a different coil this vape would be much better. You can't reach the corners of the quartz container with the stock coil. I also get the feeling a different coil would work better.

@Boundless Vape Technology when are the quart coils coming?

We are hoping for the quartz to be ready by the end of September. I do not have a solid timeline yet though and will push to get these to production. I'm sorry that you did not receive a quartz coil to try out, can you please email at Eric@bndlstech.com me as a reminder. We should have a few left actually and can get one out to you to try.

I see you're out of stock on the quartz 710 replacement cool? Can a couple be reserved, please?

And by way of clarification, the 710 coil will in fact fit the terp xl?

TIA!

The CF 710 coils are currently out of production. I will put in a request for these though as we have been getting quite a few requests for CF 710 coils. Just a heads up the CF 710 coils do not fit any of the Terp Pens. The OG Terp Pen and Terp Pen XL do share the same threading though and their coils are interchangeable.

Thank you all for the continued support! Please feel free to reach out anytime.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
We are hoping for the quartz to be ready by the end of September. I do not have a solid timeline yet though and will push to get these to production. I'm sorry that you did not receive a quartz coil to try out, can you please email at Eric@bndlstech.com me as a reminder. We should have a few left actually and can get one out to you to try.

The CF 710 coils are currently out of production. I will put in a request for these though as we have been getting quite a few requests for CF 710 coils. Just a heads up the CF 710 coils do not fit any of the Terp Pens. The OG Terp Pen and Terp Pen XL do share the same threading though and their coils are interchangeable.

Thank you all for the continued support! Please feel free to reach out anytime.

What's the word on OG pen replacement tips? It has been a long while since I have seen them in stock. I usually check PIU, POTV and SneakyP.

BabyFacedFinster,

btka

@Boundless Vape Technology do I understand correctly that there are ZERO quartz coils in existence for the TERPXL?

And further, that there never have been said coils for the TERPXL?

Do you plan on producing any?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

My apologies for the delay in getting these posted. Please see below for images of the Terp Pen OG ceramic coil, Terp Pen XL ceramic coil, and our new Terp Pen XL Clapton Quartz Coil. The quartz coil is made with Kanthal wire. I posted the temperature breakdown of the ceramic coils in the OG Terp Pen thread and will copy here.

"The OG Terp Pen is set to max out at 390C/734F. This is the same as the Terp Pen XL on the green setting of 3.7V.

The Terp Pen XL max temperatures are as follows -
Blue setting: 3.3V, 370C/698F
Green setting: 3.7V, 390C/734F
Red setting: 4.0V, 415C/779F "

The temperature settings are the same for the quartz coil but in my opinion, there is a noticeable change in efficiency as the Clapton coil allows for some massive and tasty clouds. I am enjoying the quartz coil very much and hope to hear some feedback from the community soon.

Terp Pen OG Ceramic Coil
cIux4nz.jpg

Terp Pen OG Ceramic Coil 2
4GW5EnV.jpg

Terp Pen XL Ceramic Coil
brK9l0D.jpg

Terp Pen XL Ceramic Coil + New Packaging (Packaging will be changed for the OG coils as well)
MvKrnl5.jpg

Terp Pen XL Quartz Coil
asUvSSE.jpg

Terp Pen XL Quartz Coil 2
1EZWvVU.jpg

The unit can be sensitive to being set down and moving around. 2 taps will cause the battery indicator to flash and three taps will change the voltage. The only way to stop this at the moment is to unscrew the coil when it is cooled down, for traveling and when not in use. I would recommend doing a quick puff to check to see what voltage level you are at prior to use and adjust to your desired voltage.

I hope this helps and if anyone has any questions feel free to reach out via private message or by email at Eric@bndlstech.com. We appreciate all your support!

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !

This confuses me....so there are separate quartz coils that are being produced to fit the TERPXL? 🤔🤔🤔

TIA

Fat Freddy,

The Chemist

In the end I don't think this vape is for me. Every time I use it there's always something that get on my nerve. The temps setting keep changing by itself so I have to do a check up puff to know what setting the vape decided to change to every time I put the cap on. The battery only last a couple of hits before dying on red. The final nail in the coffin was when I did a burn off, this process produce so much smoke I always wonder if the thing is on fire, maybe that's where all the juice in the battery disappear? The vape was hot so I put it in a stand I have and all the left over oil went down in the air path and I can't inhale hard enough to activate the coil. I now have to clean everything and on don't even care anymore. The Terp Pen has too many little things that bother me to keep using it. I'll wait for the next evolution in the Terp Pen line up before give it another chance. Maybe it's just my vape that is broken who know?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
In the end I don't think this vape is for me. Every time I use it there's always something that get on my nerve. The temps setting keep changing by itself so I have to do a check up puff to know what setting the vape decided to change to every time I put the cap on. The battery only last a couple of hits before dying on red. The final nail in the coffin was when I did a burn off, this process produce so much smoke I always wonder if the thing is on fire, maybe that's where all the juice in the battery disappear? The vape was hot so I put it in a stand I have and all the left over oil went down in the air path and I can't inhale hard enough to activate the coil. I now have to clean everything and on don't even care anymore. The Terp Pen has too many little things that bother me to keep using it. I'll wait for the next evolution in the Terp Pen line up before give it another chance. Maybe it's just my vape that is broken who know?
I also feel the road has been a little bumpier with the XL, but
Mine began acting much, much better after I followed the 'initialization' procedure suggested by @Boundless Vape Technology here; https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/terp-pen-xl-boundless-technology.49979/post-1494840

Take the coil off and charge the pen. When light goes out (looking like charge is done), remove usb and plug back in again. Maybe several times - or just the once - but be sure it sits on charge for a few hours ( if light goes out, try to charge some more).

I still get some random blinks, but much less random temp change. It takes a good charge now.
I think this vape runs hotter than the og tp (maybe slightly slower on the warm up, but ramps pasts the og quick after that). I am relatively new to wax vaping devices.

I did receive one of the beta quartz coils, thank you, Eric! I do like it a lot, great flavor and it accepts a nice size glob of material! So far, I'm finding I prefer to load it with a stick, where with the og tp a quick dip works well for me.

vapviking,
Reactions: LesPlenty

The Chemist

I also feel the road has been a little bumpier with the XL, but
Mine began acting much, much better after I followed the 'initialization' procedure suggested by @Boundless Vape Technology here; https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/terp-pen-xl-boundless-technology.49979/post-1494840

Take the coil off and charge the pen. When light goes out (looking like charge is done), remove usb and plug back in again. Maybe several times - or just the once - but be sure it sits on charge for a few hours ( if light goes out, try to charge some more).

I still get some random blinks, but much less random temp change. It takes a good charge now.
I think this vape runs hotter than the og tp (maybe slightly slower on the warm up, but ramps pasts the og quick after that). I am relatively new to wax vaping devices.

I did receive one of the beta quartz coils, thank you, Eric! I do like it a lot, great flavor and it accepts a nice size glob of material! So far, I'm finding I prefer to load it with a stick, where with the og tp a quick dip works well for me.
I did try the "initialization" process when that post was made but I don't remember how long I left it plugged. I'll probably try it again when I'll clean up the mess I made in the air path but it's not on my priority list. If the vape can stay charged when I want to use it I might be less grumpy about the other things that bother me. In the end this vape is really useful but I can't recommend it until all those things are sorted out.

The Chemist,
Reactions: vapviking

freshly baked

I like the quartz coil better than the ceramic also. I only had a chance to use it once so far but I can tell it's a nice improvement. After more testing I'll be sure to check back in and leave more feedback. The bud I got this time didn't make rosin well so I'm vaping it another way.

freshly baked,

The Chemist

The quartz is a huge improvement over the ceramic and the hits taste better for a longer time without having to do a burn off. I can't say anything about the taste after a burn off because I need to clean the vape first before I try it again but I hope it taste better than after a burn off with the ceramic.

The Chemist,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I think the cleaning burn offs is the reason the coils fail, I am still on my original coil (OG terp pen with silicon shockies) and have cleaned the tip in 100% iso in a test tube in my ultrasonic cleaner (not over the transducer of the UC)at least a dozen times. I only have to do this rarely as I try to never take more than 1 or 2 puffs before dipping and leave it dipped and filled when finished ready for next time.:2c:
I have a quartz coil coming to try as well, thanks Eric!

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have received my quartz coil. The taste is much better. However it does not reach in to the corners of the container like I thought it might.

However my biggest problem with the TP XL is the efficiency. It's seems to eat through rosin very quickly. My DT v4 is a lot harder to load on the go but the taste is better, it's more efficient and not much bigger.

I wonder if the TP XL would be more efficient if you load with a dab tool rather than dip in the supplied container. I will experiment and report back. However if you have to load with a dab tool, that makes things more tricky. Maybe it would dab better out of a secondary container? I few things to try before I write it off.

oddjobold,
Reactions: arb

The Chemist

I think the cleaning burn offs is the reason the coils fail, I am still on my original coil (OG terp pen with silicon shockies) and have cleaned the tip in 100% iso in a test tube in my ultrasonic cleaner (not over the transducer of the UC)at least a dozen times. I only have to do this rarely as I try to never take more than 1 or 2 puffs before dipping and leave it dipped and filled when finished ready for next time.:2c:
I have a quartz coil coming to try as well, thanks Eric!
If I understand you correctly you always leave concentrate on the coil and this help to keep the coil good? How many hits can you do before you feel the need to do a clean up with ISO? Why not over the transducer of the UC, risk of damaging the coil? Did you have any bad experience happened cleaning with the UC? I don't want to do burn off anymore so your technique seems interesting, too bad I already did a burn off on my quartz coil. I need to clean up my Terp Pen and see if the taste has changed on the coil but next time I want to try what you do.

The Chemist,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Why not over the transducer of the UC,
It gets clean without having to risk my HD cleaner damaging anything (it has broken glass welds before)
If I understand you correctly you always leave concentrate on the coil and this help to keep the coil good?
I only use my cleaner low temp/pressure rosin to help lengthen service intervals...usually when I have overfilled the tip and blocking with reclaim by running lines through the rosin container.
That said I would call myself a very light user of this pen as it is for out and about sneaky single puffs for me.

Heat

I want to know more about the temp changing issue some people have mentioned. Does this happen during a session? Did the issue improve once the battery issue was resolved? Is everybody experiencing the same thing? Not a big deal? I have a CFX and dig it. Want to try this for concentrates but not sure I want something this sensitive to touch.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I want to know more about the temp changing issue some people have mentioned. Does this happen during a session? Did the issue improve once the battery issue was resolved? Is everybody experiencing the same thing? Not a big deal? I have a CFX and dig it. Want to try this for concentrates but not sure I want something this sensitive to touch.
Mine blinks lights at the drop of a hat, and occasionally will change temps.

If you want to take a ride, you can try the og Terp pen for less $, I happen to like its' simplicity and it works well.
It has no settings, just a draw sensor powers it on.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I've begun some experimenting. :science:

I don't have an xl pen, but I've been trying out the new quartz coil on my OG. It takes the little guy some time to heat up that big coil. The first time I used it, I had taken a long drag only to get a few wisps of vapor. But I immediately hit it again and was greeted with a massive, tasty cloud. Time will tell if the flavor remains after the coil builds up some reclaim. I've only used it a few times now, but it has potential. So far I haven't been able to bring out the nasty coil taste by hitting it dry, but I need more testing.

Even though the results are not fast, I might like the longer heat time because you can slow down the experience before you get to a glowing coil. In fact, not sure yet if the little TP has enough juice to get the quartz coil to glow, which might be another nice feature.

I do wish the OG cap fit over the coil. It's hard to put it down and not get dust and crap to stick on the atty.

Top Bottom