Temp controlled battery for CCell carts

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So if I'm in a situation where it's old almost finished or really thick oil for some reason I might manually preheat just holding the button a little before I start to inhale but I would never use the preheat feature for that still personally and it would rarely be useful at all, my carts are always sitting unused for hours at a time or days, weeks now lol

FLelder ent

This doesn't look to be too much bigger than the Kodo Pro but a lot more robust:
Anyone have one or both?

Edit:

Dug up the dimensions:

Eleaf: 54mm x 32.8mm x 21.5mm
Yocan: 53mm x 20mm x 17.5mm

So almost twice as wide but otherwise similar in size with way more power and control and a better build at about twice the price...? I might grab one.
I had the Eleaf Istick Mini, which I loved, but it didn't last very long, about 2-3 months, before it fell apart, sad! I replaced it with a Yocan Kodo Pro, for 1/2 the price!:leaf:

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I had the Eleaf Istick Mini, which I loved, but it didn't last very long, about 2-3 months, before it fell apart, sad! I replaced it with a Yocan Kodo Pro, for 1/2 the price!:leaf:
Yeah, well, the 2 looks to be pretty much a complete redesign but I'm sure it's not super durable, probably less... it doesn't matter anyway cuz they apparently decided to remove the vapor cutouts in the 510 threads on the 2 and I don't want to deal with adapters if needed and I def don't want to buy anything with mini usb... If I get another one anytime soon it'd probably be the kodo pro.... thanks!✌️

Last edited:
Bologna,

EarthworldTim

I usually use the preheat if the cart has been sitting unused for more than a few hours.

But I usually stop it early.
What kind of carts do you usually get? I feel like that might be great for goopy stuff like cured resin but not great for rosin?

EarthworldTim,

Fillmore2

I got the Kodo Pro from Yocan and it came in a plastic bag, does this thing even have retail packaging? This is taking minimalism to a whole other level.
I ordered the Uni Pro from Element Vape & did receive the unit in retail packaging (including a shrink-wrapped box with the Yocan hologram on back). The packaging looked very professional.

FYI

Fillmore

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I ordered the Uni Pro from Element Vape & did receive the unit in retail packaging (including a shrink-wrapped box with the Yocan hologram on back). The packaging looked very professional.

FYI

Fillmore
Good to know! I wasn’t upset, just thought it was funny.

Monk Debate,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
FYI: These are on sale for 1/2 price. Never used them, but I have their PCKT device, and buy my empty carts from them. Looks like they are disposable, but you can refill the 1g pods a few times. I usually get 3 refills from the regular ceramic carts, then toss. Might be worth trying for fun? $7.46….

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I decided to pop into a vape shop way out in the sticks and was shocked they had (pretty much) exactly what I was looking for, except it's the Wulf branded version, which seems to be exactly the same as the stock Yocan minus the branding. It cost $20 w/tax which is the same as what both list for, tho Wulf is currently running a $2 off sale...:

Single source, fully licensed and vertically integrated Caregiver produced Liberty Haze "Full Spectrum Live Resin" ($20/1 gm)... it provides oodles of euphoria and is very similar to what Seedinder has to say.

All things considered, I love it! 1.8 volts alone is almost too much for these ceramic carts I'm running and even the preheat function delivers a somewhat light but very tasty hit... It's amazing how long the tiny battery lasts between charges and how fast it charges, as well as how light, yet strangely durable it feels. Imo, an almost perfect vacation/stealth/convenience device (if it went as low as maybe 1-1.5) and highly recommended... :smug::tup:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
and to follow up a little:

I'd estimate around at least 40 good long pulls per charge cycle and it took about 45 mins to fully charge from not delivering hits and zero bars on the display (but the display was still on, obviously) with a decent block:

Edit: and it seems to hit noticeably harder with a full charge... even hitting a full preheat function/cycle provides a very big hit, imo (no idea the voltage)

Edit 2: the only real drawback(s) for me, personally, other than access to lower voltages, is that the only way to essentially "lock" the set voltage is to shut it off completely... I wish you could also lock it in with the display while "on" so the set point can't inadvertently be changed.

Last edited:

floribud

Doesn't the Kodo Pro at 1.8v seem hotter than other box mods? I was disapointed at the slightly burnt, (too hot) taste of my rosin from my brand new Kodo. I put the same cart on a iStick Rim (with an airflow adapter) and 2.2 volts on the Rim seems cooler and tastier than 1.8v on the Kodo. In fact, the 2.4V pulse of the AVD Alpha pen seemed even cooler.

Is the Kodo really delivering 1.8v?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Doesn't the Kodo Pro at 1.8v seem hotter than other box mods? I was disapointed at the slightly burnt, (too hot) taste of my rosin from my brand new Kodo. I put the same cart on a iStick Rim (with an airflow adapter) and 2.2 volts on the Rim seems cooler and tastier than 1.8v on the Kodo. In fact, the 2.4V pulse of the AVD Alpha pen seemed even cooler.

Is the Kodo really delivering 1.8v?

Assuming the voltage readout is accurate, make sure you can read the resistance of the cart on the Rim, to compare fairly. Some of my cart devices use the screw on adapter, and I often have to readjust the adapter to get the proper ohm resistance that I know the cart is. Though as the cart gets older, and oil darkens, the resistance can change as well. This is why I often use only my devices that have the ohm readout, as opposed to the ones I have, that have no ohm readout. It’s really difficult to test the actual voltage that these 510 devices are supposedly delivering.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
None of 8 dif strains of ceramic live resin carts (with 3 actual dif ceramic cart models), and one old school CCell style distillate cart w/reintroduced original strain terps (it was thrown in for free with a couple of the LR ones... :brow::tup:) I got recently get burnt, really, I'd say, on 1.8v even doing a "blinker", but it can be a little too much for me when the battery is freshly charged... so I just don't do a "blinker" the first few hits... no biggie...overall, it's been fine for a super stealth batt, tho prolly not the best daily driver/beater/tank.

Bologna,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Could I get a little help from you cart masters?

I've tried many of the cheaper, easy to use, 510 devices and they're all dead, clogged and the carts leaked. I have nothing even close to a box mod or anything with real voltage control.

I had stocked up on herb and carts last January and am just now getting around to buying more. I was surprised to see how inexpensive "live" carts have become and would like to start using carts with live resin and live rosin. I tried a live rosin cart once and the taste wasn't much different than distillate and I have a suspicion the crappy taste was due to not being able to get below 2.6v

I've narrowed it down to the following but I'm definitely open to other suggestions:
- Yocan Uni Pro Plus
- Yocan Kodo Pro
- Vuber Pulse

I'd prefer to steer clear of those magnetic attachments, don't care about stealth, don't care about pocket-ability and would like it to fit any cart.

Anyone tried a battery that reads the resistance of the cartridge and automatically adjusts the settings?

Is there another thread I should be looking into?

His_Highness,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

I've tried many of the cheaper, easy to use, 510 devices and they're all dead, clogged and the carts leaked. I have nothing even close to a box mod or anything with real voltage control.

I had stocked up on herb and carts last January and am just now getting around to buying more. I was surprised to see how inexpensive "live" carts have become and would like to start using carts with live resin and live rosin. I tried a live rosin cart once and the taste wasn't much different than distillate and I have a suspicion the crappy taste was due to not being able to get below 2.6v

I've narrowed it down to the following but I'm definitely open to other suggestions:
- Yocan Uni Pro Plus
- Yocan Kodo Pro
- Vuber Pulse

I'd prefer to steer clear of those magnetic attachments, don't care about stealth, don't care about pocket-ability and would like it to fit any cart.

Anyone tried a battery that reads the resistance of the cartridge and automatically adjusts the settings?

I'd get the Uni Pro Plus seeing as the Pulse isn't released yet, as it's def superior to the Kodo Pro otherwise...

Edit: I got 2 Uni Pro Plus' for $26 each delivered by Zee Vapor and a Wulf Kodo Pro at a local headshop for $20 last summer.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

- Yocan Uni Pro Plus
- Yocan Kodo Pro
- Vuber Pulse

I don't think there is a perfect battery out there. In fact, cart vaping is really about convenience than enjoying the experience (for me). I agree. I've bought live resin carts and they taste similar to the fake flavors in disty carts. Maybe I'm getting hosed, but it's the same from most vendors. I haven't spent the money on the live rosin carts yet. I also get cured resin carts for $15 and they work fine for quick hits by the bedside. I find the cured has less of a bite on the throat than live.

I use both the uni pro plus and the kodo pro. The uni is magnetic which you said you didn't want. Also, I find magnetic contacts lose connection with the cart sometimes and is annoying. I come to prefer the kodo pro. First, they go a tad lower than the uni, 1.8v versus 2v. They're not magnetic and are also smaller. The only downsides of the kodo pro, they are so thin that the whole thing flops over all the time when you try to put it down. The other thing is the cart sits high on top of the battery and doesn't slide into the unit. But for $13-$15 they are worth it to me.

I like lighterusa.com, they have free quick shipping and sometimes you can find additional discounts. Legit.

Last edited:

Madtater

- Yocan Uni Pro Plus
- Yocan Kodo Pro
- Vuber Pulse

I was all about the magnetic collar batteries until i read this thread. I agree with you they they are a pain in the ass and most do not work well.

A few pages back someone recommended the mist battery from kind. It is a very simple, tiny, and very light battery. Only goes down to 2.4v though, but i find it to be very pleasant with live resin. Battery life is pretty good as well. Fits any size 510 thread cart with no magnetic collar to use. I bought 2 and out of the 10 or so batteries i currently have, it is the only one i ever use because of its size and weight.

No readout screen for resistance, but has the typical color coded led for power level. On sale now at element vape for $12.99. At that price, may be worth a shot to try.

I hear good things on here about the kodo pro, but I am hesitant because of where the cart sits. It just seems to me that the profile is super long with the cart on it, and i like to pocket my mist when i am on the go.

Raskolnikov

I use a cheap honey stick twist for cured resin and D9. Works perfectly for both.
Just spent 8 weeks in a place I shouldn't be using weed but I managed with sneaky vapes and joints. ABX carts are excellent if you ever get the chance.

I managed to do in about 4 z and a pile of carts. Canadian platinum blackberry,American white gumbo and Canadian Chemdawg. Loads of hash too. Little briars pipe is amazing for quality hash.

Is it worth buying a better battery as my carts are no cheap? Seam to work ok on this honey stick to though I think this s my second.

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
Thanks for all the advice! Its so much nicer getting the info I need here on FC versus other places.

Lots of good advice here. Id say the kodo is best bang for the buck, but get 2. They break easy, the connection is the weak spot. If you have one in jeans pocket and bend over the pressure on the cart will cause the casing to split open and out pops the metal collar. It's not a hard fix as long as a wire doesn't get ripped in the process.

One tip I got from a manufacturer was to not let your batters dip below half way. Charge them when they get down to half. It can cause performance issues and that can cause some oil to leak out of the bottom of your cart. I usually hit LiveResin between 1.8-2.4 (higher voltage when the oil is warm and wicking well ) Carts are always a bit of a crap shoot. I go with some very trusted Canadian vendors and still get a dud about every 1 in 5 carts.

Mr. Me2

I’m a fan of the Compass battery from Vessel. Well made and feels great in the hand. I recommend getting the stand too. It keeps the cart upright, which I prefer. And serves as a charger.

Madtater

I’m a fan of the Compass battery from Vessel. Well made and feels great in the hand. I recommend getting the stand too. It keeps the cart upright, which I prefer. And serves as a charger.
I just went to that website to see what the compass was. The battery looks great. I did a bundle and it was $119 ($97 for just battery and stand). I am sorry, but that is way pricy for a 510 thread battery. I would rather get a cheaper battery like exxus or mist or kodo pro for a fraction of the price then take the rest of the money and grab a couple 510 carts of my choosing.

I am sure it is a wonderful battery, but for me….the price is a deal breaker.

Mr. Me2

I just went to that website to see what the compass was. The battery looks great. I did a bundle and it was $119 ($97 for just battery and stand). I am sorry, but that is way pricy for a 510 thread battery. I would rather get a cheaper battery like exxus or mist or kodo pro for a fraction of the price then take the rest of the money and grab a couple 510 carts of my choosing.

I am sure it is a wonderful battery, but for me….the price is a deal breaker.
I was going to add to my post, that you should sign up for their email and wait for a 30% off sale.

Raskolnikov

Tempted fate by saying my honeystick was fine 😂 Just gives me more reason to DAB.
Any one rec a good reasonably priced battery. For resin carts mainly but occasionally D9.

Raskolnikov,
Reactions: Bologna

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Tempted fate by saying my honeystick was fine 😂 Just gives me more reason to DAB.
Any one rec a good reasonably priced battery. For resin carts mainly but occasionally D9.
Used to really enjoy my UniPro but now I'm sick of the intermittent connection from the mag adaptor

feralcomprehension,
Reactions: Bologna
Top Bottom