• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TC Box Mods Firmware Discussions and Customizing

Psyentist

Hi @HerbieVonVapster,

I’ve just downloaded the latest DNAc profiles for the splinter and splinterZ from your FCShare page.

I noticed the material file for each one is reversed i.e. the material for the splinter profile is splinterZa and the material for the splinterZ profile is splinter. I assume this is wrong and the material should correspond to the profile?

Also, I noticed there are 2 splinterZ materials, a and b. What’s the difference and which one should I use?

Thanks mate, really appreciate all your work trying to get this devices to run with temp control.

Psyentist,
Reactions: Summer

Psyentist

Actually, don’t worry about the reversed material files. They seemed to be the right way around when I loaded the profiles again today.

I am still curious about the a and b splinterZ files though.

Cheers.

Psyentist,

HerbieVonVapster

Actually, don’t worry about the reversed material files. They seemed to be the right way around when I loaded the profiles again today.

I am still curious about the a and b splinterZ files though.

Cheers.

The original splinterZ where the 19/22. Since there are now 19/19 I changed the splinterZa to reflect the difference the 3mm makes. That one would work best when using a older SplinterZ with a 19/22 stem along with the the newer SplinterZ with the 19/19 stem.

In the new FCSHARE files both the splinter and splinterZa are using the same material file in them. I had renamed the material files to hopefully save confusion.

If using a older splinterZ with the newer 19/19 stems the SplinterZb file runs a little warmer. So I offered it as a option for these user.
Most of the splinter produced are 19/19 now so didn't feel need to make a separate download for the older 19/22 splinter that are using the 19/19 stems with them. The splinterZb material file might also be worth a look for folks running that setup.

Hopefully this helps clear up the changes and the confusion in the new files:)

Psyentist

Great info thanks @HerbieVonVapster.

Just to clarify, when you say newer splinterZ you mean the China ones? It’s gets confusing with the different joint sizes.

I have a custom splinterZ US which I think is the 19/22 and I use the RBT xl8r standard stem which I think is 19/19, so this would mean the splinterZb would be better for me?

I also have a China splinter V2. So the female joint in these is 19/19?

Cheers again mate, sorry for all the questions. Loving your work!

HerbieVonVapster

Great info thanks @HerbieVonVapster.

Just to clarify, when you say newer splinterZ you mean the China ones? It’s gets confusing with the different joint sizes.

I have a custom splinterZ US which I think is the 19/22 and I use the RBT xl8r standard stem which I think is 19/19, so this would mean the splinterZb would be better for me?

I also have a China splinter V2. So the female joint in these is 19/19?

Cheers again mate, sorry for all the questions. Loving your work!

NP that material name change caused confusion and sorry about that. By trying make it bit easier to understand I made it more confusing so I got rid of the splinterZb. In your case I would try the Splinter Material with both of your splinters it runs tad warmer than the SplinterZ file.

I changed the info over on FCSHARE so hopefully saves future confusion.

MasterChief

So while I'm waiting on my Triade to ship, I ordered a RX GEN3 from Vgoodiez. It came preloaded with SUREVIC. I'm currently using it in wattage mode at 35-38w with cruise control. I'm letting the heater warm up 3-5 seconds and then taking a draw. Total time 13-15 seconds. If I can get this mod to work pretty good with the Z then I might just cancel my order for the Triade. Can you RX GEN3 owners let me know what settings I need to check out? TIA

MasterChief,

HerbieVonVapster

So while I'm waiting on my Triade to ship, I ordered a RX GEN3 from Vgoodiez. It came preloaded with SUREVIC. I'm currently using it in wattage mode at 35-38w with cruise control. I'm letting the heater warm up 3-5 seconds and then taking a draw. Total time 13-15 seconds. If I can get this mod to work pretty good with the Z then I might just cancel my order for the Triade. Can you RX GEN3 owners let me know what settings I need to check out? TIA

There some info on page 6 of this thread on setting up sur_myevic. Might be little outdated but it's good place to start. With splinter try the SS material. The PID value may need adjustment for splinter.

HerbieVonVapster,

MasterChief

There some info on page 6 of this thread on setting up sur_myevic. Might be little outdated but it's good place to start. With splinter try the SS material. The PID value may need adjustment for splinter.
Took a look at page 6 and found out real quick 510 mods might not be for me. I’ve been for years and all I’ve ever had to do is figure out was the temp, grind consistency, and bowl loading. Oh well...

roberto1155

EDIT: It turns out my contact was loose :doh: it works perfectly now.

I was having an issue and I was hoping someone can help. I have been using my Splinter Z with a Triade 250c and it had been working great until a couple of weeks ago when it started to flash temp protect when using in TC Mode. I thought this was weird because it would do this only some of the time and other times it would work perfectly. So I tried using it in just wattage mode and now it's flashing "check atty" so I'm not sure if the issue is with the mod or the splinter. Does anyone have an idea of what's going on? Am I screwing something up? Did I get a defective mod?

Thanks

Last edited:
roberto1155,

H22b89

I just received my Reuleux 250w. I downloaded the escribe software. I uploaded the splinter z profile. I can't seem to use my device. It's stuck in the watt mode, and I'm not producing any vapor.

Before I had this I used the gen3 with myevic software. I'm reading through the forum confused. If anyone can assist me I'd appreciate it.

HerbieVonVapster

I just received my Reuleux 250w. I downloaded the escribe software. I uploaded the splinter z profile. I can't seem to use my device. It's stuck in the watt mode, and I'm not producing any vapor.

Before I had this I used the gen3 with myevic software. I'm reading through the forum confused. If anyone can assist me I'd appreciate it.

Did you download the DNA250 file or just the separate profile? For that mod I would download the file version.

Check cold ohms it should force remeasure after installing software onto mod. Make sure this is done when cold.

HerbieVonVapster,

H22b89

Thank you for help.

I downloaded the Splinterzdnac.ecigprofile.

Did you download the DNA250 file or just the separate profile? For that mod I would download the file version.

Check cold ohms it should force remeasure after installing software onto mod. Make sure this is done when cold.

H22b89,

knnastur

Hi, I have a Hotcig DX75 mod with DNA75 chip and I wanted to use it with a Splinter V1+.
Is there a profile for my mod?

knnastur,

knnastur

Nope but I will toss one together for you if you like. I just need to find mod resistance for that mod. You still need to run case thermal test at some point.
I have the mod but I am still waiting for the Splinter V1 +. If I would like to have a profile for the Splinter.

knnastur,

Hammahead

I have three profiles on my Paranormal DNA250 that I use with my SplinterZ on two different mouthpieces and my glass adapter. It's quite petty but I would like to skip the four profiles I'm not using and haven't figured out if that's even possible and if yes, how. Anyone in the know?

Hammahead,

Radiohead

Ok guys i need help, i'm totally lost with the TCR setting, i have the Splinter Z, i set it up to 185C (365F),TCR 120, 34W and 0.43 ohm is locked, the problem is i do over-vape the bud, never burn it, but still, it's gets dark brown in the middle while the edges are light brown-grinish, also the Splinter gets pretty damn hot i should i say.

so my question is, can anyone help me with more specific settings for the Wismec rx gen3 dual + Splinter z?
I just don't get it lol :huh::huh:

Radiohead,

MasterChief

Ok guys i need help, i'm totally lost with the TCR setting, i have the Splinter Z, i set it up to 185C (365F),TCR 120, 34W and 0.43 ohm is locked, the problem is i do over-vape the bud, never burn it, but still, it's gets dark brown in the middle while the edges are light brown-grinish, also the Splinter gets pretty damn hot i should i say.

so my question is, can anyone help me with more specific settings for the Wismec rx gen3 dual + Splinter z?
Try TCR 165 and watts at 40 or 45. For temp I use 355 and 370f

MasterChief,

Easywider

Simple is the way

If you are finding those settings too hot just turn your temp down 20-40 degrees. If you find your on screen temp seems hotter then it should be ( like 365f feels more like 410f to you ) then turn your TCR down about 5 increments at a time until it seems to match, fine tune from their ( lower = less heat , higher = hotter )

Your resistance looks good for a Z , don't be afraid to turn your watts up higher. ( 45-50w) In TC mode this will just allow the Z the reach temp quicker it will not allow it to cook your herb more

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Hey, all.

Just wanted to make sure y'all knew there has been a new update to the Red Panda/Arctic fox firmware as of July 3, 2019.

Included in the update is a 60-second puff shutoff time, and an 'autofire' mode which is basically cruise control, when used with TC, for your mod.
Ideal for herb vaping, for passing the mod around.

There are other features, as well.

Click HERE for the new NFE toolbox (as of August 7th,2019).

Click HERE for the new Arctic Fox (as of August 7th,2019).

Click HERE for the new Red Panda (as of August 7th,2019).

Click HERE for the MANUAL, READ THE MANUAL.

See the forum for NFE Team HERE.

I'm sure y'all know where to get the firmware, just posing these links for anyone new coming in that might not know about this firmware.

I'm not going to explain how to install or use the firmware here, so please don't ask. READ THE MANUAL.

... please excuse me if this has already been posted, just want to make sure everyone knows about this great update.

All the best !

started@52

Absolutely love my Paranormal 250c. Is there a way 3rd party could add cruise to it? It’s the only thing missing for my needs.

started@52,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Thread's been quiet for quite some time.

I missed the mark with what I posted about the Tubo software yesterday in the Splinter Z thread:

"Tubo [aka funkyjunk(y)] which is a proprietary version of surmyevic."

Wrong!

I rec'd a pm from @funkyjunky who wanted to clarify the developmental history of these softwares. (Except for changing from 1st to 3rd person (I to he/fj) & changing the sentence order, these are fj's quoted words.

'The tubomyevic AND the surmyevic softwares are descendents of the myevic firmware. tuboymevic has nothing to do with surmyevic. surmyevic was/is for ecigarette use & fj's for the tubomyevic.

microsur (the coder of the surmyevic project) & fj developed their respective projects independently at the same time - except that microsur copied fj's cruise feature into his work after some time.'

I have crossposted this to the Splinter & Splinter Z threads so everyone interfacing with these firmwares understands the correct software history. :tup:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Hello there.
I am a new owner of a colored DNA mod and I have made a theme, but there are still 3 problems that I haven't figured out yet if they are even possible to solve.
Here is the file: https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/1011-simple-red-practical/
Does anyone know any solutions? Thanks.

Also is the edfault TC profile good to use with out dry convection coils? I guess I'll start reading this thread if anyone managed to customize it even better for our purposes. But right now I can' use it because I don't have high-performing batteries for it yet. I can only test the menu right now with the weaker batteries in.

Seek,
Top Bottom