Tafée Bowle

Dr. G

Old Resident
I purchased one of the first units vapefiend had in I think possibly from the first batch where others have had issues and mine was started to show issues also. I’m in the uk and ordered early april
So, what exactly was happening? Could you give more details? Also, Vapefiend has great customer service and Bowle has outstanding customer service...I am sure your problem will be resolved. But, I am interested in hearing some details...mine is working great so far. I am not sure what batch I have. I ordered directly from Bowle about a week ago maybe? I have not stopped using it. It is my daily...although last night I went to the theatre and used my Venty. LOL. Every vape has its purpose I suppose.

Weedaholic

I am having problems with my v2 the last 2 days...Funny burning smell coming from the heater now and the performance has dropped drastically. Also when i draw the heater just cuts out for no reason..Looks like i will be sending this back for sure..I bought it from vapefiend wish i never bought it now to many problems for the high price it is.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I am having problems with my v2 the last 2 days...Funny burning smell coming from the heater now and the performance has dropped drastically. Also when i draw the heater just cuts out for no reason..Looks like i will be sending this back for sure..I bought it from vapefiend wish i never bought it now to many problems for the high price it is.
That is the second one from Vapefiend...perhaps a bad batch got to them. I purchased directly from Bowle. I have not had problems. I am so sorry you are having problems what a shame. The customer service in my experience has been splendid. Good luck.

Dr. G

Old Resident
This has to be the chilliest vape around...other than my Vapman's. This is very very very low maintenance. The pods are wondrous...they work so well. There is nothing but the mouthpiece to clean and the screens. That is it? I cannot believe the simplicity of the controls...and how fast????? There are some other new vapes that claim they are the fastest blah blah blah....and here Bowle is seconds and its ready. SECONDS. The clouds and flavor are outstanding...the draw is superb...amazing. I am truly impressed with this one. One of my favorites for sure for sure.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
There is nothing but the mouthpiece to clean and the screens. That is it?
If by mouthpiece you mean the whole stem...
I remove the mouthpiece and swab it with iso alcohol on a qtip.
I put the stem in the sink and run very hot tap water through it (scoobies come flushing out the bottom!), then cold water. Sometimes I swab the lower section of the stem with iso qtip. You can swab the outside of the stem lightly with iso, but be cautioned that this is something that was detrimental to the Bowle I finish.

I clean pots about 10 or 12 at a time, first removing the o-rings. I lightly clean the o-rings with an alcohol wipe.
I put the pots (leave screens in place!) in a Tupperware and soak in hot water first, to release a lot of debris. Then dump out the water, replace with iso alcohol to cover the pots. Let soak at least 20-30 minutes. I then pick them out one at a time and give brush on both sides of the screens, then toss into a container of dish-soapy water. A final rinse, check that the screen is in position, replace o-ring (toothpick can help), set out to dry.

Sounds more complicated than it is. I guess I spend maybe 15 min in total...

Dr. G

Old Resident
If by mouthpiece you mean the whole stem...
I remove the mouthpiece and swab it with iso alcohol on a qtip.
I put the stem in the sink and run very hot tap water through it (scoobies come flushing out the bottom!), then cold water. Sometimes I swab the lower section of the stem with iso qtip. You can swab the outside of the stem lightly with iso, but be cautioned that this is something that was detrimental to the Bowle I finish.

I clean pots about 10 or 12 at a time, first removing the o-rings. I lightly clean the o-rings with an alcohol wipe.
I put the pots (leave screens in place!) in a Tupperware and soak in hot water first, to release a lot of debris. Then dump out the water, replace with iso alcohol to cover the pots. Let soak at least 20-30 minutes. I then pick them out one at a time and give brush on both sides of the screens, then toss into a container of dish-soapy water. A final rinse, check that the screen is in position, replace o-ring (toothpick can help), set out to dry.

Sounds more complicated than it is. I guess I spend maybe 15 min in total...
This is a great description to follow...but, wouldn't you say that compared to your other vapes this is super easy? I guess its the way the pod goes in that the screen is on top...and having the pods is genius...anyway, thanks for the details...super.

Yes...I meant the stem. I cleaned the pods yesterday only...also, the vibration is awesome because when you have a liquid inside its easy to navigate because of the haptic.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
This is a great description to follow...but, wouldn't you say that compared to your other vapes this is super easy? I guess its the way the pod goes in that the screen is on top...and having the pods is genius...anyway, thanks for the details...super.

Yes...I meant the stem. I cleaned the pods yesterday only...also, the vibration is awesome because when you have a liquid inside its easy to navigate because of the haptic.
Agreed, very easy vape to keep clean!

I've held back so far, my gushing on FC about the new Bowle, I've only had it a couple of weeks.

Aside from the big changes (battery size, usb-c connection) I think every aspect of the user interface (the button!) has been tweaked for better experience.

@ChooChooCharlie first pointed out that the heater doesn't turn off mid-draw, like the old ones often did. AND, if you have single clicked to activate, and taken most of the draw, you can now click to de-activate. This allows the small remainder of the draw to 'clear' the chamber and stem of vapor.

I also like the haptic feedback, it is mellow. I appreciate that it only buzzes once, and only for, "ready!"
Far less cross-eyed staring at the lights now!

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
Hi, Did anyone here purchase their v2 from vapefiend and had to return it to tafee instead of returning it to vapefiend ?

If i had to known this from the start i would have just buying it directly from tafee.
These were the emails they sent me

“I hope you are well! We're writing to you as Tafee has recently made some updates to the series II base unit (aka the 'PBU') to improve the heater reliability.

Tafee has sent us replacement units, and we can exchange your PBU for one of the updated versions free of charge.

To proceed with an exchange for an updated PBU, please complete and submit our online warranty form with your details including Bowle serial number (found on the bottom of the device) and current return address. We'll provide free return instructions from there.”

Then the next morning

“Thanks for your email. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience- the plan is for Tafée to upgrade the base that you have and then return it to us within a week.

However I will see if we can handle things differently for you. Could you please let me know the serial number on the bottom of your base? It should also be on a sticker on the bottom of the Tafee Bowle box that your vaporizer was packaged in.

Incidentally, altough we will of course do our best to accommodate you, as a medical patient myself I would very much recommend that you have a backup vaporizer on hand. These devices do go wrong occasionally and it's worth having a reliable backup”

I said I had been told they had replacement bases….

“Thanks for your reply. I understand totally. It's true that we do have some upgraded units here and I will arrange to send you one of those”

They originally had 7 for sale. So tafee should have sent them 7 bases to replace in my eyes

The original bases can still be retuned to tafee, fitted with new heater and sold as refurbs. This is a version 2 device with years in the testing. Not a beta

Last edited:

Happy days

“I hope you are well! We're writing to you as Tafee has recently made some updates to the series II base unit (aka the 'PBU') to improve the heater reliability.

Tafee has sent us replacement units, and we can exchange your PBU for one of the updated versions free of charge.

To proceed with an exchange for an updated PBU, please complete and submit our online warranty form with your details including Bowle serial number (found on the bottom of the device) and current return address. We'll provide free return instructions from there.”

Then the next morning

“Thanks for your email. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience- the plan is for Tafée to upgrade the base that you have and then return it to us within a week.

However I will see if we can handle things differently for you. Could you please let me know the serial number on the bottom of your base? It should also be on a sticker on the bottom of the Tafee Bowle box that your vaporizer was packaged in.

Incidentally, altough we will of course do our best to accommodate you, as a medical patient myself I would very much recommend that you have a backup vaporizer on hand. These devices do go wrong occasionally and it's worth having a reliable backup”

This

“Thanks for your reply. I understand totally. It's true that we do have some upgraded units here and I will arrange to send you one of those”

They originally had 7 for sale. So tafee should have sent them 7 bases to replace in my eyes

The original bases can still be retuned to tafee, fitted with new heater and sold as refurbs. This is a version 2 device with years in the testing. Not a beta
This is shady. Hoping someone from VF or Tafee has the decency to get a bit of sunlight here

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
This is shady. Hoping someone from VF or Tafee has the decency to get a bit of sunlight here
I felt weird posting it. I don’t wanna flame them but it’s not right. Wondering where these replacements they got sent have gone… or who has them

Also wondering what repercussions I’ll face if they do see it. Pretty sure I’m already marked as a problem customer cause I actually complain when they mess up repeatedly

DanksideoftheG,
Reactions: Dr. G

Dr. G

Old Resident
Vapfiend is not shady...George has been around for awhile. I am sure you will get your business in order with him...them. Having a broken down vape is an awful feeling...I went through that with my Venty three times. It is not a happy place. But, eventually...things get back on track. If you think that ultimately something is wrong...perhaps write to Tafee directly? I am not sure what I would do but, I have a good feeling that you will be helped.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Agreed, very easy vape to keep clean!

I've held back so far, my gushing on FC about the new Bowle, I've only had it a couple of weeks.

Aside from the big changes (battery size, usb-c connection) I think every aspect of the user interface (the button!) has been tweaked for better experience.

@ChooChooCharlie first pointed out that the heater doesn't turn off mid-draw, like the old ones often did. AND, if you have single clicked to activate, and taken most of the draw, you can now click to de-activate. This allows the small remainder of the draw to 'clear' the chamber and stem of vapor.

I also like the haptic feedback, it is mellow. I appreciate that it only buzzes once, and only for, "ready!"
Far less cross-eyed staring at the lights now!

Yeah I'll have to get one eventually I am sure, hopefully not for a while though, after I sell more and recover more liquid savings again :D

Weedaholic

Then the next morning

Thanks for the reply man.

Yeah i reached out to vapefiend and they told me i will have to send it back to tafee I just found it odd i have to send it back to tafee instead of getting a replacement from vapefiend as i did purchase it off them..it is just a lot of hassle i didn't need after all the issues i had with it.

Not to mention i will probably have to pay the import duties when i get it back hopefully not..

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
Thanks for the reply man.

Yeah i reached out to vapefiend and they told me i will have to send it back to tafee I just found it odd i have to send it back to tafee instead of getting a replacement from vapefiend as i did purchase it off them..it is just a lot of hassle i didn't need after all the issues i had with it.

Not to mention i will probably have to pay the import duties when i get it back hopefully not..
No worries!

Their site says they handle all the warrenty stuff

“Our in-house technicians can solve any problems or faults right here in the UK,
saving you the hassle of shipping your vape abroad if it goes wrong.

Just fill out our warranty enquiry form, and let us handle the rest!”

Someone asked them a question about US plugs

“If you're in the USA, I'd recommend ordering direct from https://tafee.com. Shipping will be faster, cheaper, and their warranty service will be better for you also. Many thanks :-)”

If you go to reviews and select questions you’ll see this from this year. So they should be sorting it, Potentially out of the stock they have available on their site. That’s putting potential purchases over aftercare on selling faulty goods…

Weedaholic

No worries!

Their site says they handle all the warrenty stuff

“Our in-house technicians can solve any problems or faults right here in the UK,
saving you the hassle of shipping your vape abroad if it goes wrong.

Just fill out our warranty enquiry form, and let us handle the rest!”

Someone asked them a question about US plugs

“If you're in the USA, I'd recommend ordering direct from https://tafee.com. Shipping will be faster, cheaper, and their warranty service will be better for you also. Many thanks :-)”

If you go to reviews and select questions you’ll see this from this year. So they should be sorting it, Potentially out of the stock they have available on their site. That’s putting potential purchases over aftercare on selling faulty goods…
Thanks for the info man..yeah i am right next to the uk so i thought it would be easier to return it to vapefiend instead of sending it all the way back to tafee..

vapefiend said return it to them and when i told them i am not in the uk they replied that i will have to send it to tafee.

Just a lot of hassle.

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
Vapefiend have sent me a used unit 😡

Base is scratched chipped and had marks where a stem has scratched it and they have tried to polish it out. Not happy
Scratches on bottom too. Looks like one they have been using round the office…. This is beyond a joke. In much worse condition than the one I have just sent back was in. Unacceptable for a £400 device

I’m too unwell to be dealing with this stress, already tried to give me the run around.
things like this are what push me over the edge to start doing stupid things again

I’m just going to ask for a refund. I do like the bowle but not the worry if it’s gonna stop like it did again or burning electrics like others and being messed about is more hassle than it’s worth

This was their response

Thanks for reaching out. I'm really sorry to hear about this.

The Tafée unit is not a reject, it's an upgraded unit - factory upgraded by Tafée. This is the reason we wanted to send your one to tafée to repair it instead, but it was insisted on having one straight away.

If you want, you can hold on to that to use until we have your original base back from Tafée?

I look forward to hearing from you.”

I have photos with all the scratches and marks. I’m pretty sure tafee aren’t sending out battered units. It was sealed with a dirty sticker that already had a hair stuck to it when ot was opened anyway. That was the first give away it wasn’t a factory unit

I just want to return and refund now

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Base is scratched chipped and had marks where a stem has scratched it and they have tried to polish it out. Not happy
Scratches on bottom too. Looks like one they have been using round the office…. This is beyond a joke. In much worse condition than the one I have just sent back was in. Unacceptable for a £400 device

I’m too unwell to be dealing with this stress, already tried to give me the run around.
things like this are what push me over the edge to start doing stupid things again

I’m just going to ask for a refund. I do like the bowle but not the worry if it’s gonna stop like it did again or burning electrics like others and being messed about is more hassle than it’s worth

This was their response

The Tafée unit is not a reject, it's an upgraded unit - factory upgraded by Tafée. This is the reason we wanted to send your one to tafée to repair it instead, but it was insisted on having one straight away.

If you want, you can hold on to that to use until we have your original base back from Tafée?

I have photos with all the scratches and marks. I’m pretty sure tafee aren’t sending out battered units. It was sealed with a dirty sticker that already had a hair stuck to it when ot was opened anyway. That was the first give away it wasn’t a factory unit

I may not understand the full issue, but I do wonder if you have at all reached out to Tafee directly?
It sounds like your issue is with their distributor?

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
I have reached out to tafee and am awaiting a response. I sincerely hope they aren’t sending units out the factory in that state.

vapefiend are the uk distributor. What’s the point in having uk distribution and warranty when you have to send it straight back to tafee anyway. Also tafee sent vapefiend units directly to replace ones they had sold to customers. Would you expect a 2nd hand device from the company to replace a brand new malfunctioning one?

Weedaholic

This was their response

That is total B.S sending you a refurbished unit. instead of a new unit.

I am not one bit happy with the service vapefiend are pulling..I would love to know what they done with the units tafee sent as replacements.Did they just sell them on to other people and said nothing...why did they not reach out to people who purchased them to let them know.

I wont be buying anything from them again..

I may not understand the full issue, but I do wonder if you have at all reached out to Tafee directly?
It sounds like your issue is with their distributor?
Why are vapefiend selling them if you have to reach out to tafee if anything goes wrong.

They will sell you them ,take your money. but if there is any issues you have to contact tafee directly.

That's total B.S.

I should of just buying it straight from tafee if i knew this was the case.

budweis

Comfortably Numb
I've reached out to Tafée directly and they are about to update all PBUs shipped from February to April. First they are approaching clients experiencing problems and soon they are about to extend the update program to all customers within that period.

Being a Vapefiend customer and not having any troubles, I've been told to contact Vapefiend and arrange for my unit to be sent in for an update. Then, according to Tafée, I should have my unit back in 7-10 days being in the Czech Republic.

So my take from that is that if you are a Vapefiend customer, VF will collect our devices and send them to Tafée. Then Tafée will do the update on their site and send it back directly to us.

Edit: Or maybe not directly but through VF, that is not clear from their message, it was just my assumption.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've reached out to Tafée directly and they are about to update all PBUs shipped from February to April. First they are approaching clients experiencing problems and soon they are about to extend the update program to all customers within that period.

Being a Vapefiend customer and not having any troubles, I've been told to contact Vapefiend and arrange for my unit to be sent in for an update. Then, according to Tafée, I should have my unit back in 7-10 days being in the Czech Republic.

So my take from that is that if you are a Vapefiend customer, VF will collect our devices and send them to Tafée. Then Tafée will do the update on their site and send it back directly to us.

Edit: Or maybe not directly but through VF, that is not clear from their message, it was just my assumption.
Sounds like it will be all units from the first two production runs (batches).

The third batch went into the wild in US on approx. May 7th and my guess is those are okay. Fingers crossed, I ordered on the 8th!

Top Bottom