Tafée Bowle

Weedaholic

I've reached out to Tafée directly and they are about to update all PBUs shipped from February to April. First they are approaching clients experiencing problems and soon they are about to extend the update program to all customers within that period.

Being a Vapefiend customer and not having any troubles, I've been told to contact Vapefiend and arrange for my unit to be sent in for an update. Then, according to Tafée, I should have my unit back in 7-10 days being in the Czech Republic.

So my take from that is that if you are a Vapefiend customer, VF will collect our devices and send them to Tafée. Then Tafée will do the update on their site and send it back directly to us.
Thanks for the update dude.

But i contacted vapefiend a few days ago when i noticed all the problems i was having and all i got was you will have to send it back to tafee.
First the said send it back to them .Then i got a follow up email saying sorry we noticed you are outside the uk so you have to send it back to tafee.

If i had to known from the start that if was going have any problems with it i and i couldn't return it to vapefiend i would of not buying it from them and just going directly to tafee

Thanks again anyway dude for the update you got off tafee.

budweis

Comfortably Numb
Thanks for the update dude.

But i contacted vapefiend a few days ago when i noticed all the problems i was having and all i got was you will have to send it back to tafee.
First the said send it back to them .Then i got a follow up email saying sorry we noticed you are outside the uk so you have to send it back to tafee.

If i had to known from the start that if was going have any problems with it i and i couldn't return it to vapefiend i would of not buying it from them and just going directly to tafee

Thanks again anyway dude for the update you got off tafee.
I’m gonna post an update once I get in touch with VF. If they push me back as well I’ll try to fish for the reason. All I can think of now is some kind of Brexit import hassle but who knows.

Weedaholic

I’m gonna post an update once I get in touch with VF. If they push me back as well I’ll try to fish for the reason. All I can think of now is some kind of Brexit import hassle but who knows.
Thank you dude.

I sent them another email so i will wait and see what the reply tomorrow.

EDIT....Just tried my Bowle and the heater is completely dead.. Powers on but no heat whatsoever..

Another Bowle to the collection of faulty units.

Last edited:

budweis

Comfortably Numb
VF got back to me saying that Tafée is handling their international customers directly to avoid unnecessary delays in the process. Customs would probably be involved if mailing your unit to VF first. I can understand that and frankly, I don't see any difference in posting a parcel to Canada instead of the UK.

They offered to contact Tafée on my behalf as well if I do not feel like doing it by myself. I imagine they would be fine to be the middleman in the worst-case scenario if you insist. But again it would only postpone the day you will get your unit back.

All in all, I am once again satisfied with their CS. Hope that helps.

Weedaholic

VF got back to me saying that Tafée is handling their international customers directly to avoid unnecessary delays in the process. Customs would probably be involved if mailing your unit to VF first. I can understand that and frankly, I don't see any difference in posting a parcel to Canada instead of the UK.

They offered to contact Tafée on my behalf as well if I do not feel like doing it by myself. I imagine they would be fine to be the middleman in the worst-case scenario if you insist. But again it would only postpone the day you will get your unit back.

All in all, I am once again satisfied with their CS. Hope that helps.
Yeah i got a email from vapefiend about half an hour ago saying they have now passed on my details to tafee and that they should contact me soon.

Thanks as always anyway dude for letting us know and have a great day.

Dr. G

Old Resident

This has to be the winner of the FLAVOR contest in my book! I can honestly say that this has replaced the FIREFLY, the ALP in the flavor category for sure. I get hit after hit of that amazing flavor. I just cannot get over this vape. Now, for the summer this is so damn perfect. I cannot wait for the glass version this summer too. Amazing vape.

PS Does the Forum do awards at all? People's Choice Award's for vapes...I vote for Bowle, TM, and Vapman!

ChooChooCharlie

I've missed the rapid and cool Bowle punch to the head

She's back modelling again after her brief health spa retreat in Toronto. OK, she had some work done

I needed to plug in and charge to wake it from "shipping mode" I assume. It wouldn't wake up with any combination of presses, suppose for safety reasons during shipment? Recall I was asked to do 4 simultaneous button presses before shipping. Passing this info along to possibly avoid frustration for others

Bowle-2-repaired-with-Martinez-glass.jpg

Cute how they put that tape across my rejuvenated & refreshed 001 Bowle, like the paper strip that hotel housekeepers used to place on that bowl. Nice complimentary goodie bag with spare mouthpiece tip, stir tool, o-rings and screens, but no chocolate on pillow. (water balloon and water bag in picture by Dylan Martinez)

imor jones

I've missed the rapid and cool Bowle punch to the head

She's back modelling again after her brief health spa retreat in Toronto. OK, she had some work done

I needed to plug in and charge to wake it from "shipping mode" I assume. It wouldn't wake up with any combination of presses, suppose for safety reasons during shipment? Recall I was asked to do 4 simultaneous button presses before shipping. Passing this info along to possibly avoid frustration for others

Bowle-2-repaired-with-Martinez-glass.jpg

Cute how they put that tape across my rejuvenated & refreshed 001 Bowle, like the paper strip that hotel housekeepers used to place on that bowl. Nice complimentary goodie bag with spare mouthpiece tip, stir tool, o-rings and screens, but no chocolate on pillow. (water balloon and water bag in picture by Dylan Martinez)
When you said refreshed 001 Bowle i had the impression, that you talk about a Bowle I, but its a Bowle II...right...

ChooChooCharlie

@Dr. G -- Yeah, I've got a severe case of glass acquisition syndrome. Funny because you don't need "glass" to use the Bowle

Dylan Martinez is known for his water bags, the water balloons are his latest works. Most glass artists choose more abstract subjects, but he strives for hyperrealistic whimsy

Here's the stubby stem Bowle taking flight
Bowle-on-wings.jpg

(Nic McGuire butterfly, Tom Marosz wings)

Dr. G

Old Resident
wow! ok...I see! I could not have those beautiful glass pieces at my house...I have a German Wirehair pointer and he is super high energy...he would knock one of those down in a second. Anyway, enjoy...your beautiful glass and Bowle.

PS Speaking of glass....Did you know we are getting glass for the Bowle this summer???? We are!

Last edited:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I got a new job after a long time of unemployment, I can finally afford to get a new Bowle...only problem its out of stock /;
I see it on Vapefiend but they are not shipping here for years now :(
Is it available elsewhere?

Bonus question, since the stem is bigger now, what size screen should I get? I got extras from amazon for the original device.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I got a new job after a long time of unemployment, I can finally afford to get a new Bowle...only problem its out of stock /;

I would recommend waiting until it is in stock from them direct? Maybe it would be a good idea for you to reach out to whomever in customer service there you have had communication with in the past to see when there will be new stock for you to purchase??

Bonus question, since the stem is bigger now, what size screen should I get? I got extras from amazon for the original device.

The stem is only slightly larger fitting in, but the bowl itself is the same? so same screens

Dr. G

Old Resident

I wrote to Bowle and they got back to me right away with information on when they would be stocked again. I am so happy for you and congratulations on your new job...that must feel awesome. Good luck.

PS My experience when something is so expensive I tend to buy it directly from the manufacturer... I love George over at Vapefiend...he is a great guy. Contact Bowle.

ChooChooCharlie

@m0sh : good move getting those half inch screens. Easy $5 decision for 200 screens

replace -- renew -- refresh

so small and thin, nil environmental impact

edit: no contest…

why waste water cleaning and rinsing , when cheap thin env low impact screen replacement solution is better?

ok, rant over for laziness and water conservation

Last edited:

nicanaca0

Has anyone noticed the haptic buzz happening twice in short succession sometimes when starting? I've only noticed it when I'm not looking so I'm not sure what the LEDs were showing and it's when I'm holding it lazily so I could just be pressing/holding the button weakly. It also seems to be after it's been in 'standby mode' after not hitting it for a while. The heating has been solid so I don't think it's cutting out but it's just an odd feeling.

--

I was really hesitant to spend the money but I'm loving the device so far. The speed and power has been amazing and the flavour holds up so much better than any other device I've tried. It's just soooo consistent, it's so easy to get into a grove with it. I've been running a lot of hash through it too and I'm surprised how well it's handling it (on a bed of vape cotton or flower). It's such a nice feeling knowing I can grab it at any point and not worry about how fresh the bowl it, I'll get a nice tasty hit (I mostly keep it on 4/5).

Another surprising thing is how easy it is to keep clean, the stem and pot design just makes everything so easy and simple. You wouldn't know it's had grams through it, yet my ALVP and even my Dyna stems look used after a single session.

Not sure if it's helpful to anyone but I've been keeping my pots clean by using two brushes. After I've hit it (so it's warm) and I've dumped the bowl, I'll stick a S&B type brush into the pot so the bristles stick out a bit and then use the TB brush to brush it from the other side. So far it's kept the screens super clean without ISO so I end up only rotating the same 2 pots.

--

The 'downsides' are mostly cosmetic nitpicks like the buttons not sitting perfectly central and the gaps where the stem parts connect don't sit perfectly flush. I've not used the Potter at all and would have preferred to have a minimal container just to hold/carry the 4 pots.
I'd also like an official carrying case of some kind.

The form factor is another downside to me, I love the puck in a lot of ways but having a truly pockable version would be a dream. I end up carrying it around in my hand (I only use the cup on the puck if I'm hitting it hard on an evening, I was surprised how well a half cup of water works as a heat sink).

I've not heard it mentioned before but I find the LEDs way too bright, I've taped some printing paper over them and still manage to see them in anything but direct sunlight. It's mostly an issue when I'm hitting it before bed but it would have been good to have a way to dim the LEDs. Is this just me haha?

I haven't used an OG Tafee Bowle so I can't compare but was a little bit disappointed with the battery life. I try to follow the advice and charge when it gets to ~20%/1 LED and stop charging when I notice the 5th one blinking so I know I'm not using the full capacity but end up being a bit anxious about the battery even though I know I don't need to be. I don't know how people managed on the OG...

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
Has anyone noticed the haptic buzz happening twice in short succession sometimes when starting? I've only noticed it when I'm not looking so I'm not sure what the LEDs were showing and it's when I'm holding it lazily so I could just be pressing/holding the button weakly. It also seems to be after it's been in 'standby mode' after not hitting it for a while. The heating has been solid so I don't think it's cutting out but it's just an odd feeling.

--

I was really hesitant to spend the money but I'm loving the device so far. The speed and power has been amazing and the flavour holds up so much better than any other device I've tried. It's just soooo consistent, it's so easy to get into a grove with it. I've been running a lot of hash through it too and I'm surprised how well it's handling it (on a bed of vape cotton or flower). It's such a nice feeling knowing I can grab it at any point and not worry about how fresh the bowl it, I'll get a nice tasty hit (I mostly keep it on 4/5).

Another surprising thing is how easy it is to keep clean, the stem and pot design just makes everything so easy and simple. You wouldn't know it's had grams through it, yet my ALVP and even my Dyna stems look used after a single session.

Not sure if it's helpful to anyone but I've been keeping my pots clean by using two brushes. After I've hit it (so it's warm) and I've dumped the bowl, I'll stick a S&B type brush into the pot so the bristles stick out a bit and then use the TB brush to brush it from the other side. So far it's kept the screens super clean without ISO so I end up only rotating the same 2 pots.

--

The 'downsides' are mostly cosmetic nitpicks like the buttons not sitting perfectly central and the gaps where the stem parts connect don't sit perfectly flush. I've not used the Potter at all and would have preferred to have a minimal container just to hold/carry the 4 pots.
I'd also like an official carrying case of some kind.

The form factor is another downside to me, I love the puck in a lot of ways but having a truly pockable version would be a dream. I end up carrying it around in my hand (I only use the cup on the puck if I'm hitting it hard on an evening, I was surprised how well a half cup of water works as a heat sink).

I've not heard it mentioned before but I find the LEDs way too bright, I've taped some printing paper over them and still manage to see them in anything but direct sunlight. It's mostly an issue when I'm hitting it before bed but it would have been good to have a way to dim the LEDs. Is this just me haha?

I haven't used an OG Tafee Bowle so I can't compare but was a little bit disappointed with the battery life. I try to follow the advice and charge when it gets to ~20%/1 LED and stop charging when I notice the 5th one blinking so I know I'm not using the full capacity but end up being a bit anxious about the battery even though I know I don't need to be. I don't know how people managed on the OG...
I really think a case would be essential...I have myself mentioned that. I also mentioned it in one of my emails to Bowle. I love the Bowle...the taste is great. The design is great.

I love the lights and how bright they are because when you have a darker liquid its easy to spot. My battery life is magnificent. I use it daily and plug it in every day and a half...it lasts me a long time.

I can't wait for the glass they are coming out with this summer. Does the owner of Tafee Bowle come here? Anyway, Enjoy your Bowle...and thank you for your thoughts on it...enjoyed reading it.

nicanaca0

I really think a case would be essential...I have myself mentioned that. I also mentioned it in one of my emails to Bowle. I love the Bowle...the taste is great. The design is great.

I love the lights and how bright they are because when you have a darker liquid its easy to spot. My battery life is magnificent. I use it daily and plug it in every day and a half...it lasts me a long time.

I can't wait for the glass they are coming out with this summer. Does the owner of Tafee Bowle come here? Anyway, Enjoy your Bowle...and thank you for your thoughts on it...enjoyed reading it.
It's great that you passed it direct to Bowle, hopefully we'll get a travel case eventually 🙏

I appreciate the insight on the brightness, I wasn't appreciating that the bright LEDs are helpful darker liquids. I've only had water in my cup so far.

Regarding the battery, are you using other devices during the day? If I use only the TB then I have to charge it daily. I know people have mentioned battery life in terms of pots or hits, but I've not tried to quantify my usage yet. I'm always topping up the bowls with fresh flower/hash or swapping pots around which doesn't help in keeping track haha.

I'm not really concerned with the battery, it just wasn't what I was expecting after reading everything. The TB2 has 8x the battery capacity of the OG ( think), but I doubt anyone would say you're getting 8x the usage right? I've not used an OG so I'm basing this solely on what I've read here. I know I have to charge or swap batteries in any of my other portables if I'm using only those during the day so the TB2 definitely isn't worse that what I'm used to.

I mostly owe my TB2 to you personally Dr G. Your positive and excited comments here convinced me this was the device I was looking for :D

ChooChooCharlie

@MinnBobber --
Thanks for the encouraging words for my elderly Bowle, it was a faithful DD for years
No luck with the reset/extended plugging resurrection attempts
How does Bones know my name?

trek-dead-scene-cr.jpg

I was wrong!

He's NOT dead, Jim

Thanks to @Vitolo reaching out to Bruno at Tafee about charging problems with old series 1 Bowles, who directed Vito and me to the troubleshooting section on their site (D'Ohhh!)

My old Bowle didn't seem to charge, but then I read troubleshooting steps ... Plug in for 15 seconds, unplug and wait 10 seconds, replug and charge for for six hours

Bowle-charging-fixed.jpg

I feel pretty dumb now, not reading that before

Hope this helps others with unchargeable older Bowles

MinnBobber

I was wrong!

He's NOT dead, Jim

Thanks to @Vitolo reaching out to Bruno at Tafee about charging problems with old series 1 Bowles, who directed Vito and me to the troubleshooting section on their site (D'Ohhh!)

My old Bowle didn't seem to charge, but then I read troubleshooting steps ... Plug in for 15 seconds, unplug and wait 10 seconds, replug and charge for for six hours

Bowle-charging-fixed.jpg

I feel pretty dumb now, not reading that before

Hope this helps others with unchargeable older Bowles
OMG !!!!
I did this and there’s some blue light action where I don’t think anything previously lit up, so maybe it’s gonna charge
CC Charlie, thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom