Tafée Bowle

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Using the Bowle again more and more and right beside the Mighty

Not even comparable. The Bowle is insant on-demand and SLAPS. Just huge delicious hits.

Mighty annoying to use in comparison - always turning off every x seconds, good first 5 hits but then roastier and roastier popcorn each hit. Nice and cool and good hits but clearly a tier below the Bowle

2 Bowles is a bit overkill... but so is 3 VapBongs....... Might be start to clear my inventory of vapes :rofl:

Last edited:

kimura

Bowle continues to be my go to portable, especially outside of the house. I was an early adopter. Been a huge miniVAP fanboy for almost ten years now and jumped on this wagon early on the recommendation of Jorge. I still think it’s excellent. Sorta like a cross between Lotus and Milaana. But mine is just showing some wear from all the use. Battery is good for only two bowls now (and you better not take a break and let that ceramic bowl cool down mid-session). Mouthpiece is getting a bit loose.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy with it. It’s just getting a bit worn out

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Should I take one of my Bowles and chop down the stem to be a stubby?

Tempted to frankenbowle - open it up and change the battery to something larger, chop the stem, make it 14mm, turn it into a Hydrology9 of sorts with the cup - idk! If the Hydrology9 and this and the MiniVap had a baby oh my god can you imagine..!?

maybe @ChooChooCharlie could you send me those secret pics so I know what I'm dealing with?

ChooChooCharlie

maybe @ChooChooCharlie could you send me those secret pics so I know what I'm dealing with?

page 166 of this thread has pics of opened Bowle

LiPo battery pack with several wires coming out, not 18650s

Everything is a tight fit in the puck, no room for a larger pack

Quite an elegant internal design, wall bisects puck, separating electronics and battery from heater and air path

Bruno was not amused with these pics. Oops

HughJass

This damn thing is so wonderful. Whhhhhy??! are they not making anymore? Lol Damnnnit Mayne!

Somebody needs to buy the company or borrow the tech if they dont drop again within the next year.
Seriously! The bowle was the catalyst for me to realize the difference between a good and great device.
Portability and ease of use combined with the flavor is what I’ll miss most.

Picking up a pure convection desktop unit, a phase 3 ZX, to help spare the wear and tear on the bowle, while not sacrificing flavor when I’m at home.

Still have my fingers crossed for something incredible, but starting to wonder if this is another grasshopper or mv1 story :(

MonkeyTime

Seriously! The bowle was the catalyst for me to realize the difference between a good and great device.
Portability and ease of use combined with the flavor is what I’ll miss most.

Picking up a pure convection desktop unit, a phase 3 ZX, to help spare the wear and tear on the bowle, while not sacrificing flavor when I’m at home.

Still have my fingers crossed for something incredible, but starting to wonder if this is another grasshopper or mv1 story :(
I love mine, it feels like an evolution of my two MV's, just much smaller battery.

Here's to hoping you love your ZX as much as I do, it's my home daily now.

I don't consider the bowle to be a failure.... the other two on the other hand......

jbm

This morning I plugged my charger into a power strip to charge the puck. There was a flash and both the outlet and the charge brick showed charring. I’ve emailed Tafee but should I assume that they’re just going to tell me to buy another charger?

Edit: I should mention that other devices were plugged into this power strip with no trouble.

Last edited:

jbm

Has anyone ever used a non-Tafee charger with their puck? I’ve ordered a replacement charger from POTV (still no response from Tafee) but I’d like to charge the puck and I’m wondering how seriously to take the “never use anything but our cable and charger” admonitions from Tafee.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Has anyone ever used a non-Tafee charger with their puck? I’ve ordered a replacement charger from POTV (still no response from Tafee) but I’d like to charge the puck and I’m wondering how seriously to take the “never use anything but our cable and charger” admonitions from Tafee.
I've used a variety of adapters and cables, even in the car (many will likely take longer than the factory setup). I think most will work, but I would try to at least use a good quality cable.

Using the output spec. on youTafee adapter, you can find something on Amazon for sure.
5V, 3amp / 9V, 2amp / 12V, 1.5amp

jbm

I've used a variety of adapters and cables, even in the car (many will likely take longer than the factory setup). I think most will work, but I would try to at least use a good quality cable.

Using the output spec. on youTafee adapter, you can find something on Amazon for sure.
5V, 3amp / 9V, 2amp / 12V, 1.5amp
So would this work with the Tafee cable?

Anker wall charger

jbm,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Holy crap

You know that dusty resinous reclaim under the pots in the Bowle stem?

I collected it with a dab tool and put it in an empty pot, turned the temp up to 4...

holy crap. Dab-sized hits. Flavour is obvs not great but holy crap getting VapBong sized rips for this.

good night all (it's 1 in the afternoon...)

Top Bottom