• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Dear Diary,
This may be my first triple post in my seven years on fc, pretty quiet in this thread...

The adapter from @Delta3DStudios is, for me, perfect for this moment. I'll explain, but simply put it elegantly and efficiently transforms the Bowle stem into a j-hook.
Cooling and conditioning are much like, though not identical to the Bowle experience.
So far I've used Hopper io's, a V3Pro and a Splinter V. It works well with these small-ish size portables-- but sticking the Minivap on there would be cumbersome!

Perfect at this time because I'm on the horns of a dilemma. Bowle stopped working, as I had written above. The two stems live on via these little adapters I asked Rachet a few weeks ago to work up.

Dilemma is that for service (I re-read the email) I will pay postage both ways, so 70 to 80 dollars. This would be the ante up, to then find out if this specific malfunction will be covered by warranty?

They don't say I will be billed for anything other than "shipping after servicing", nor do they say I won't. This uncertainty makes me very hesitant especially after being in an abusive relationship with Hopper Labs for years. :lol:

So, who will tell me? Is this all gonna work out? Would they send me a new puck? 🤔
I think I'd go ahead if I knew...

ChooChooCharlie

(a little alliteration alert)
Ballast-Point-Bowle.jpg

SeatownHaze

I wish we'd get some news on whether a Bowle V2 will be coming out next year or if it'll remain unchanged.
In the vapefiend video George mentions that Tafee is working on making the Bowle more accessible to more people (less expensive?) as well as some "new tech".

How are you guys cleaning Bowle stems to avoid damaging the finish? I've done ISO soaks and the finish looks splotchy afterwards, though it's not coming off yet I just want to avoid it if possible.

Love the Bowle!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well, I relented (got over it) and just posted my puck back to headquarters. Fingers now crossed, and I am optimistic on the outcome.

How are you guys cleaning Bowle stems to avoid damaging the finish? I've done ISO soaks and the finish looks splotchy afterwards, though it's not coming off yet I just want to avoid it if possible.
I run very hot water through the stem, from top to bottom, this gets most everything, though it leaves a thin tacky film. That is what I then rinse off, using minimal iso, followed by water.**
Finish is showing some signs of wear and degrading but I think that is inevitable if you use the thing!

** Actually, I clean the pods the same way, without removing orings or screens.
Hot water has become my friend.

BL4ZE

In the vapefiend video George mentions that Tafee is working on making the Bowle more accessible to more people (less expensive?) as well as some "new tech".

Love the Bowle!

That's awesome news. Sounds like we'll be seeing a V2 next year then!!

MinnBobber

@SeatownHaze …cleaning Bowle??

I use a soak in PBW, powdered brewers wash.
Used to clean brewery tanks/ pipes/ innards.

It does not harm the finish. Totally dissolve the powder in 200 F water and a soak dissolves the crude.

Note that stem stays much cleaner if you put a hemp tea filter paper disc into the basket.
Filters out all that nasty ABV dust / particles.

ChooChooCharlie

Reason for that brewpub picture with caption: I have DHPD, Dad Humor and Pun Disease. For readers unaware, Bruno is the chief at Tafée. Bartender was confused and asked, told him it was a vape, didn't blink an eye, just poured

Tips for traveling if you join the pro Bowle tour:

Small crossbody sling bag, with gallon sized ziplock inside for detached wet cup
Do not travel with pot in the pot -- bumps during transport dirty upper screen -- and it's so tempting yet so wrong to brush the upper screen clean. Use pot caddy insert for altoid tin from Delta3D Studios instead
Use battery bank with Quick Charge 3.0 or higher, use stock Tafée cable

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
The adapter from @Delta3DStudios is, for me, perfect for this moment. I'll explain, but simply put it elegantly and efficiently transforms the Bowle stem into a j-hook.
Woot! I'm happy to hear it works! It took me half a dozen iterations before I found a nice balance which "snaps" into the ridge on the J-hook to add the 14mm female joint - honestly turned out better than I expected :lol:

20221028_201130__47612.1667006241.1280.1280.png

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Can you please also make a longer version, to gain more clearance to the stem?
Some vapes, like the MiniVAP, are chubby and need extra clearance.
I have pictures of MV with one of your misc adapters and the Bowle stem. It’s a family affair 😀 of great MiniVAP vapor matched to best conditioning stem in the vape world.
Thanks
MinnBobber

Texus

My thinking on the praise that the Bowle gets for flavor is that this may primarily due to the excellent cooling from that stem. No need for water ---》more terps and flavor preserved. And cooling maybe makes it more likely that it is run at higher temps with less irritation so some added flavor (and effects) from additional extraction going on. Which makes for quite nice for a dry battery powered vape.

Certainly prefer it over Mighty for flavor. But it is no Angus.

Top Bottom