Tafée Bowle

vapviking

Old & In the Way
...well, I have given up hope on this. I wrote to the company and the reply was not very positive. They are not restocking anytime soon...they have run into obstacles. So....not too hopeful. They said they could find a retailer to help me get one. I decided no. Oh well...
Oh too bad ☹️ ... that's not good news. From the taste my favorite vaporizer.... I was hoping for an improved version as far as usb connection and battery. Guess I'm not the only one.
This place has them in stock, I don't know the range they ship to (they are in Canada).
A couple of posts up there's an interesting link to Vapefiend's excited discussion of new product(s) coming from Taffee, so all hope is not lost, it may just be a little while.

Finessseee

Recent email response in regards to stocking issues.

We thank you for your message and inquiry.

We remain hard at work to restock Bowle and our wares as soon as possible.

If you have not yet, please sign up for updates on our site here and you will be the first to know as soon as any announcement is made regarding our timelines and releases.

We are glad to learn you are having a great experience with your Bowle.

Rest assured that your long-term enjoyment is our priority and Tafée remains focused on delivering pleasurable aromatherapy experiences long into the future.

Best Regards,

The Tafée Team.

fangorn

a real ss version... or at least a version without coating dust, without aluminum??

if such a version came out, depending on the materials... I could ask myself again...

it was still excellent and super practical...

kiddvudu2

I bought it as a direct replacement to my arsenal of Ghost MV1's and was so sad the day I sent them away. But overall, the Bowle turned out to be a superior device in almost all categories. Just baffling that it might be a repeat experience.

condition

...well, I have given up hope on this. I wrote to the company and the reply was not very positive. They are not restocking anytime soon...they have run into obstacles.
Anyone knows what kind of obstacles they run into?
Also approx how many devices manufactured and sold?

condition,
Reactions: Vitolo

Dr. G

Old Resident
Back at home to my Bowle after being away for 3 months

I stopped using my Airvape Legacy Pro at home pretty much entirely - can't compete with that flavor and UX! The Bowle flavour is simply excellent.

Bruno should really USB-C & wireless charging this thing!
Cheers...

I ran home to my Volcano's...but, would love to romance a Tafee Bowle one day...so, do you have one with a handle? The one George has from Vapefiend has a handle...and I think its glass. Am I right?

Dr. G,

sdrsh

can't compete with that flavor and UX!
That's absolutely right. Can't think of many vapes that are this easy to handle and maintain.
Apart from overfilling the crucible or stuffing the stem without one in it, there aren't many things that can go wrong with this one.

The speed of the draw also matters. Even with this powerful heater, if you draw slowly, it will get a slightly better roast than if you just rip on it.
Recently really noticed the difference again when lazily chucking a couple tiny pieces of dry sift hash in it. It really wanted that slow draw to fully release the goodies. I usually vape the old school hash in a flower bed in the IQ2 though.

staircase slight of hand

Even with this powerful heater, if you draw slowly, it will get a slightly better roast than if you just rip on it.

I recall some early discussion of it possibly having a two-stage heater (possibly wire for the instant heat up and a ceramic heater for sustained heat?). Anyone ever do a full tear-down and see how this is actually working? It definitely feels like the heater behave differently when drawing slow vs fast.

ChooChooCharlie

Vito asked Bruno about the heater:
A conversation just now with Tafée Wares, revealed the answer, and @Abysmal Vapor as usual, has the right idea.
Rather than encasing the coil, there are two separate heaters. A ceramic heater AND the coil... and the ceramic "sandwiches" the coil in two layers.
The ceramic heater warms first, followed by the coil. The ceramic helps keep the heater warmed up so when the button is pressed the coil joins in for the hit immediately.
The Ceramic heater is on when you see the green light, but the coil does not engage until it senses inhalation.
With bowl/stem out I don't suspect one would be able to see a glow.
Very well made!
Today I did a zoom demo of the device with 3 patients this morning.
I would have invited more, but only 3 patients that I know have computer access.
I will be showing this unit off in about a week to a number of socially distanced patients. Everyone is going to love this vape!
I gave one to Bud for testing, and he opened the case during live stream, but didn't strip it down. But, his vids have been removed

EddIW

Vito asked Bruno about the heater:

I gave one to Bud for testing, and he opened the case during live stream, but didn't strip it down. But, his vids have been removed
Here's a pic from the little teardown he did
rg5ahv3q5edtl45n.jpeg

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Did they buy the entire world supply of micro or what? Still no USB-C?

Timps27,

condition

I have a dead unit at home. If I open it, can I replace the battery? Or is it like proprietary battery?

condition,

Kaptan

Tafée decided to send me a new with an extra payment from my side without receiving the old damaged unit, as they calculated it didn't worth the cost of sending it for repairs from another continent.
Are you sure the unit is completely dead? I’ve let mine sit too long and it lost all of the battery charge - it wouldn’t charge at all. I tried the procedure to reset and after a few tries, the unit started charging again. YMMV

Top Bottom