• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

ChooChooCharlie

Well after a warm iso soak this weekend my stem is now peeling it’s paint away from the machined metal. It’s getting pretty bad. I can scrape it off easily with my fingernail. Looking at a machined stem now. Bowle has become my daily but wish this paint issue wasn’t a concern.
I was the idiot who suggested hot iso back on page 36 -- Oops!
(Bruno's hit squad missed me after I deployed vapor screen)

You can read more on Pages 100-102, with explicit pics from a year ago

I felt so guilty, I kept posting warnings about it 5 or 6 times since, including on the prior page, a few posts north of yours

Last edited:

buckhakeesah

All good @ChooChooCharlie Here’s what mine looks like now after more hot iso soaking and fingernail scraping. I don’t think I need to buy a machined stem any longer. Saved me a hundred

AD7-F7-D5-C-C303-43-F8-92-AF-AE3-DC32406-E7.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
does the TB have a medical cert like the MV and S&B vapes? Or are they still working on that?
I challenge you to find the MV medical certification,cause i have wasted some time in trying. It is only mentioned it is certified for safe use ,which to me translates ,that it has CE certificate,which is more like a electrical/material safety thing. Only talk about its M-certification i found is from 10 years ago and they said it does not have it at the time.
""""Mr Romar added that, "The miniVAP removes many potentially addictive compounds from smoke and it is potentially a bridge to curtailing smoking in much the same way that a nicotine patch is used as part of a "stepping-stone" approach to quitting smoking. However, note that the current version of the miniVAP is a consumer product. The miniVAP is not a medical device and is not FDA approved. We plan on applying for FDA approval on a very similar device that we plan on targeting to several medical markets. We recommend that users consult your physician before using the miniVAP for any therapeutic purpose""""
Also they would be very proud if that was a fact and put it on their site, all i could find was build up to medical standards,which is not exactly medicaly certified. I am down to thinking the only thing medical is the name of the company Hermes Medical Engineering.
Also unless they invent some paint that is healthy to inhale i dont see them passing a third party certification/testing.
@buckhakeesah kh If you look closely at the 90 degree angle you see will there is some paint left on the edge, probably you should disassemble the moutpiece and clean between the parts too ,also do a close inspection with a light inside. If you needed to pry the paint on the outside with nails ,how did you do it on the inside ?
Edited:
Found some scarce info on Troy and Jerry site:February 6, 2021
During development, the Bowle underwent testing for medical certification, and was recently approved. That can only be said of two other vaporizers on the market. The medically certified version will be available through medical channels. The retail version isn’t medically certified, but is manufactured to the same specifications. The retail version has pass through charging. You can feel good about this one.""""

I am guessing the other two vaporizers on the market are Mighty medic and Volcano Medic. Also it is supposed to be only available through medical channels .Anyone got one through such channels ?

Last edited:

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
I challenge you to find the MV medical certification,cause i have wasted some time in trying. It is only mentioned it is certified for safe use ,which to me translates ,that it has CE certificate,which is more like a electrical/material safety thing.
Also they would be very proud if that was a fact and put it on their site, all i could find was build up to medical standards,which is not exactly medicaly certified. I am down to thinking the only thing medical is the name of the company Hermes Medical Engineering.
Also unless they invent some paint that is healthy to inhale i dont see them passing a third party certification/testing.
@buchkhakeesah If you look closely at the 90 degree angle you will there is some paint left on the edge, probably you should disassemble the moutpiece and clean between the parts too ,also do a close inspection with a light inside.
Pro tip: You can make the TB medically certified by filling the cup with medically certified disinfectant.

condition

Yeah, I use dish soap for the silicone mouthpiece. I have a little brush meant for cleaning reusable straws which works well.
I believe that mouthpieces are meant to be cleaned with warm water and dish soap. Unsure if you can us iso with them or not.

Don't use iso...it can damage rubber and/or silicone products. Maybe not in one quick wash...but it will damage/deteriorate it over time.

The warm/hot water and soap works for the most part. :tup:
Hi guys thanks for replying, I asked about 70% alcohol, as the silicon MP retains a smell after washing with soap.

condition,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Great job! ^^^

that hot iso is very effective at removing powder coating (aka “paint “)

who’s brave and ambitious enough to do the same with puck and buttons?:evil::science:

I think it is just paint because if they were powder coated you wouldn’t really be able to scratch it off with a finger nail or solvent; powder coating is electro statically charged to a metal when deposited, leaving a very durable finish. It’s what they use on dune buggy frames and off road cars.

I bet Acetone (paint stripper) would peel the whole Bowle off quickly!

cptofnthng

How about sandpapering that stem down? Someone tried i think. Shouldnt take long, wouldnt evolve any chemicals.

cptofnthng,

ondemander

I never understood the purpose of the rubber o-ring around the stir tool, which by the way is the best stir tool I ever had. At my 2nd bowle they included two, the one ending like awl.
Can someone show me a pic of a stir tool and explain where it is on the device? I can't find any mention of it in the manual.

ondemander,

JollyGreenGiant

So do you prefer it over your TinyMight? Have you still been using both? I own the Bowle, never tried the TM. Wondering which one you prefer?

TB > TM - and I have a custom hand blow J-hook, the TM bubbler, and about 4 other stems for the TM, and the TB curb stomps the TM in every way but one…. Power. If you crank up the TM with the right stem setup and load a huge bowl you can generate a monster one hitter that’ll clear in one hit, and give you a cloud as big or bigger than any desktop, save for perhaps a Cannabis Hardware Baller setup.

I basically never use my TM anymore.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
TB > TM - and I have a custom hand blow J-hook, the TM bubbler, and about 4 other stems for the TM, and the TB curb stomps the TM in every way but one…. Power. If you crank up the TM with the right stem setup and load a huge bowl you can generate a monster one hitter that’ll clear in one hit, and give you a cloud as big or bigger than any desktop, save for perhaps a Cannabis Hardware Baller setup.

I basically never use my TM anymore.

It's funny because I still feel the opposite way haha aside from the power I prefer my TM for the better flavor, with all glass vapor path, but primarily the full temp range dial so I can set it as low as possible and work my way up tiny bit by tiny bit, and finally the overall versatility... TB is a great simple all-in-one mass produced product, nice industrial design, which I do really appreciate though I guess I prefer the more analog TM vibe nevertheless? I do not consider the TM quite on the same level as heavy desktops though, in my experience the vapor density becomes insane with much larger heating elements and herbal load sizes... :2c: :peace: :tup:

Top Bottom