Tafée Bowle

Esquire

I’ll weigh in that I haven’t had any issues with my tb. And I was an early adopter. I just love this thing!
I'm in this boat too. I did have an issue with the grinder, but Tafee made up for that and then some when they sent me a replacement, a set of screens and o-rings, and new pots, without asking me to return a thing. I bought the Bowle at its first release, and I've had no functionality issues whatsoever, knock on wood.

JonServo

Add me to the battery issue list. Battery will sit on 2 lights while charging, sometimes all day. Sometimes a hard reset works and it charges, sometimes no. I've followed all the battery tips/suggestions.

At this price point despite the outcome with the warranty claim, I'm not recommending this vape.

ChooChooCharlie

Unless I were trashed, well, I mean, ... uh..., I still wouldn't post negative "warning - do not buy" posts in threads of vapes I don't own. Even vapes I do own, once is enough. Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but a certain user here posted four times that I see. Sheesh! Why the need to "warn"? Anyone could search and find even more instances of positive Tafée customer service posts here

If this vape didn't have a cup, does any honest veteran FC reader think it would get such consistently hostile reactions?

Lots of vapes have issues, but I sense some reflexive repulsion to the design (I don't use the cup myself)

Don't want or need to start a dust up, mods feel free to delete

My typical art posting nonsense, but it does make a comment on that weak ass Bowle powder coating surface finishing choice/execution:

Ed Ruscha is a contemporary LA artist who likes to use words in his paintings:
Ed-Ruscha-Study-of-Friction-and-Wear.jpg

jbm

f this vape didn't have a cup, does any honest veteran FC reader think it would get such consistently hostile reactions?

Lots of vapes have issues, but I sense some reflexive repulsion to the design (I don't use the cup myself)
Agreed, I've said a few times that the veteran FC reader is not the market for this vape. There's really not much to mess with on it, no real accessories for it; it doesn't lend itself well to tinkering or hooking it up to a bong. I also can't figure out what freaks people out so much about the cup. The fact that the thing puts out very cool and flavorful vapor doesn't seem to be much of a compensation. I was annoyed with Tafee for customer service reasons awhile back in this thread, but I still love the device and use it regularly.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I quite enjoyed the stone from this vape, sometimes I ponder about this one which must mean something. It reminded me of the Volcano high, very cerebral, a very "vape-y" high.

Where I differ from everyone else is I just didn't think it had any flavor, but sometimes I wonder if that was from the power delivery issues I experienced in the one I tried?

Really did like the smooth vapor though. The battery life leaves a lot to be desired for weirdos like me, but I figure the average person buying this probably does one bowl a day, if that, and it probably lasts them most of the week.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Gotta disagree a little on the taste thing...the first 2-3 hits are amazingly tasty to me. The rest...not so much but even the less tasty hits are smoother and less "musky/popcorn like" than many of my vapes. Maybe its because I tend to temp step up to high temp.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Gotta disagree a little on the taste thing...the first 2-3 hits are amazingly tasty to me. The rest...not so much but even the less tasty hits are smoother and less "musky/popcorn like" than many of my vapes. Maybe its because I tend to temp step up to high temp.

Certainly depends on a lot of factors, for one thing cleanliness of the stem and mouthpiece, but I think they're not so convenient to keep clean? I know I'm lazy though lol I pretty much always temp step, I like to milk the low, but I have also tried starting on high, you can really unlock some terps that way... But yeah I wish it had a lower temp setting as well, below 360F, different mouthpiece and vapor path options... Just never blew me away is all!

His_Highness

On the subject of cleaning and being lazy.....I'm also guilty as charged. Lately I've been taking lazy liberties with keeping the stem clean. I don't want the bottom of the pot to come in contact with the golden oil accumulating below it so when that oil gets thick I use a dab tool to scrape it up. Then I use some hemp to wipe/scrape it off the tool. Its almost too easy because its so accessible. Got a couple hemp balls like that already. I'll either vape it up in the Bowle since I'm not worried about fowling the Bowle since the heat is top down. Or I may place it in my Herbalizer and fill a couple bags with it. I know this isn't helping clean the upper portions of the stem and eventually I'll have to deal with that.

Mouthpieces....stopped using them awhile back....except when I'm also using the cup. Don't know why though. Just looks better with the cup to me. Doesn't look good using it without the mouthpiece without the cup either but that doesn't bother me for some reason.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
On the subject of cleaning and being lazy.....I'm also guilty as charged. Lately I've been taking lazy liberties with keeping the stem clean. I don't want the bottom of the pot to come in contact with the golden oil accumulating below it so when that oil gets thick I use a dab tool to scrape it up. Then I use some hemp to wipe/scrape it off the tool. Its almost too easy because its so accessible. Got a couple hemp balls like that already. I'll either vape it up in the Bowle since I'm not worried about fowling the Bowle since the heat is top down. Or I may place it in my Herbalizer and fill a couple bags with it. I know this isn't helping clean the upper portions of the stem and eventually I'll have to deal with that.

Oh damn haha yeah I never used it that heavily without cleaning for that much oil! The most mess was when I tried to vape CO2 CBD oil with it using the steel mesh pad haha then the whole reservoir below was full of oil! I don't really have a desire to try anything like that anymore, I have proper dabbing equipment now, also I don't use reclaimer or anything, can't stand the taste!

Mouthpieces....stopped using them awhile back....except when I'm also using the cup. Don't know why though. Just looks better with the cup to me. Doesn't look good using it without the mouthpiece without the cup either but that doesn't bother me for some reason.

Ah yeah I did that one my first arrived, but it's not very comfortable, ergonomically or on the lips, and now I kind of worry about the coating? Ehh where's that WPA!

His_Highness

@Shit Snacks - Good points on the potential goop in the reservoir and the taste of reclaim. I'm hoping the hemp fiber will eliminate or significantly reduce both issues. The hemp fiber is sweet tasting and has worked for me in the past to keep the reclaim and other concentrates from "escaping". Just to be safe I may add more hemp to the bottom of the pot.

And yeah....where's that WPA?!?!?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I feel bad for those not having a great experience, worse for those who had shitty experience with support...

Following the thread, it is a bit shocking to see such a dramatic difference in support from one person to the next. There seems to be no rhyme or reason, just complete randomness. Some get great support, some get fistfuls of extras, extra grinders, extra cups, extra pots, extra fucking everything... others did not get shit, were returned malfunctioning units without being repaired, and have had all around shitty experiences. I really hope they get their shit together on the support side so all can enjoy what this device is capable of.

ChooChooCharlie

I'm an @OF inspired battery university alumni, when I can
(still 91% batt health on 5 yr old iphone, rarely topped off)

Habit, one handed plug, tap 15 min button...if only 1-2 lights flash, then I can tap 30 min button
Bowle-chrging-on-the-reg.jpg

After reading my own post, I can understand others asking, wtf? Why keep charging? But I'm a bit ocd. Could repetitive batt depletions reduce life? I always do a three press off at end of level 4 draw, then recharge

thunderstealer1337

Unless I were trashed, well, I mean, ... uh..., I still wouldn't post negative "warning - do not buy" posts in threads of vapes I don't own. Even vapes I do own, once is enough. Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but a certain user here posted four times that I see. Sheesh! Why the need to "warn"? Anyone could search and find even more instances of positive Tafée customer service posts here

If this vape didn't have a cup, does any honest veteran FC reader think it would get such consistently hostile reactions?

Don't want or need to start a dust up, mods feel free to delete

My typical art posting nonsense, but it does make a comment on that weak ass Bowle powder coating surface finishing choice/execution:

Ed Ruscha is a contemporary LA artist who likes to use words in his paintings:
Ed-Ruscha-Study-of-Friction-and-Wear.jpg
Its not the cup, its the retarded usb placement and design of the entire thing, how do you have a checkball that holds the stem in and literally grinds itself during insert/removal, vapes have complete adjustable temps yet in 2020 - you have 4 presets, a non user-changeable battery, with horrible life - go read their original marketing brochures about the battery life - now your getting like 1/2 of what it was supposed to have. Its like they dont even realize every vape out there has a wpa attachment designed for use on day one.

Your assuming majority of the hate is about the cup, its not - its everything else about it, its just perceived as the main issue since that meme came out when someone taped some random vape to a cup.

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: Vitolo

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
and can I get a glass cup??? after a year??? do new Bowles ship with the machined stems? or the ones that peel still? at the price point of the vape they should certainly give you more.

when I asked tafee if the sent me a reconditioned unit they side stepped the question and just said that the condition of the puck was noted......... guess I have a file there :lol:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Maybe not for everyone.
I am a patient in need of consistent and timely doses to make it through the day.
Tafée Bowle, has been a very valuable piece of artillery in my battle against pain.
One must get accustomed to a new "plug in charging site" for the unit... not a big deal.
Combined with a heavy hitter vape (or 2) this unit is a consistent and fast medication administration device, that
can supplement any other tool for continued medicating effects.
My understanding of Tafée Wares intentions here, define that it is not meant to be a "kick-in-the-face" recreational weed machine, but a consistent medical device with mild flavor, and fast and uncomplicated dosing.

ChooChooCharlie

Does @thunderstealer1337 like the Bowle?

I like the design -- aesthetically, ergonomically, and functionally

Posted battery run down tests here recently, and still get almost six pots. Very similar results nearly a year ago

As for temp control, I think scrolling up digital temps is annoying. I like presets, find I only use upper two. Similar to how I use Mighty with boost

I don't use water tools, was only a bong user in '70s. I break things, don't like constant maintenance, don't like bong mouthpiece feel, hunching over, drool ... I'm old

The performance and consistency is stellar IMO and E. Only learning curve is don't wait, press button and draw firm and consistent. Other than hopper, this is rare

I finish a pot in the time it takes the Mighty to warm up, and I don't need to learn vape unicycle riding

condition

I also using it all the time. Just light load the capsule and finish it in 6-7 draws. Very nice mild taste that reminds volcano, as said. I am using only Tafee and TinyMight every day. Very rarely using something other vape. I think I regret entering into dynavap world in the beginning of 21, but it may change.

DonMarteng

Mine is still going strong and I bought it very early after release.
Upgraded to a machined Stubby stem, which just makes the whole puck way more handy, the cooling is equal to the long stem Id say.
Never had any battery issues, but its also not my daily driver.
I prefer having longer sessions in the Crafty+ with a Vortex stem,
no other portable is giving me a similar experience in terms of efficiency and lasting effects.
The Bowle is best when I need a quick hit and Im in a rush or i need to be incognito ;)
Im 98% CBD nowadays, but it was the same when I was using mostly THC.
Never really got into the Tinymight at home either, its very nice when hiking though!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
been without my bowle for a couple of weeks :( ??????? had to play the vape shuffle game????? recently I got my Dynavap setup back from my cousin who has had it the last year, to let my mom who is a cbd user to try it doing mouth pulls since she has not been able to tolerate direct to lung vaping. she is having pretty good time with it and has been able to supplement her cbg/cbd edible oil intake. back to the bowle, since I took back my Dynavap setup from my cousin I didn't want to leave him without a vape, even though he only vapes some of the time :rolleyes:. I haven't seen him since I gave him the bowle, just had a vape session with him today and asked him how he liked it????? ............. he loves it!!!!!!! took a few sessions to figure out the technique that worked for him but now he is very impressed:lol: in fact he has been vaping more often, more reliably, with more enjoyment:o he's been temp stepping which I could never get him to do with the Dynavap and he was actually talking about trying only vaping for a day or more to see what that is like:rofl:. the right vape certainly can make a difference ....................... wonder how he will react when I trade him for my V3 pro???????? not until he gives vaping vaping a real shot...... then the downgrade:lmao:

LooseCucumber

Considerable deal from Vapefiend right now, 215 GBP right now for the 400mL. About 290 USD after shipping. Grabbed two bc I haven't seen it listed below retail since launch.

Edit- Currency confusion LOL

Last edited:

His_Highness

I was looking at the Bowle user guide to verify I can use pass-through when I ran into the following on page 20. Thank goodness #1 and #3 aren't mandatory :lmao:

Sustainable Tolerance Usage Guideline

Less is more in Bowle. The ceramic pot micro dosing system was designed to help modulate use and ensure your continued sustainable well being. It is never sustainable to risk addiction to anything. So we have devised a guideline to help make smart choices regarding managing tolerance over extended periods of use.
1. Try to have no more than 3 sessions a day.
2. Endeavor to remain within lower power settings and slowly work your way up.
3. Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages during aromatherapy.
4. Take breaks and stop use during periods of any cardio-vascular health illness or discomfort. Ensure your source of aromatherapy natural herbs is trustworthy.
5. Take note and avoid organic compounds and natural substances that may cause irritation.

Top Bottom