Tafée Bowle

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm seeing more folks write about finishing a bowle in 1 to 3 hits.

Is anyone liking this for a short session, or sharing? Maybe lower temp and 6 to 8, or is that simply not do-able?

vapviking,

Mr. Me2

I think that’s doable. I typically fill the pod and after a light tamping is about 3/4 full. I usually get 5 pulls from this. 4 at level 2 and finish at level 3.

I think a little more could be added to squeeze out an extra pull or 2. But with sharing, the puck may get pretty warm…

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I'm seeing more folks write about finishing a bowle in 1 to 3 hits.

Is anyone liking this for a short session, or sharing? Maybe lower temp and 6 to 8, or is that simply not do-able?
I can get between 12 -16 full timer hits when I temp step with good weed but they are not monster clouds that way. as for sharing I don't think is particularly good for that with its load size and I say that as a micro doser, better off each having their own pot and wit the limited battery you will not get to many. for sharing you want to look at the Bowles progenitor the Minivap, that is my next purchase :tup:

chaos191

Hey anybody have problems with their Bowle. Mine is totally locked up. I can't get it to turn on I've tried everything no lights come on ever no matter what I do. I've tried to change the outlet I've charged it in and no luck.

Hi @Bad Dog You haven't been pissing on the rug have you....

Bad Dog

good to see you @chaos191 :) have you tried the battery reset yet?? quickly press both buttons 5 times and connect to the charger. if that doesn't work their is another reset I think that takes a couple of hours but I do not have the instructions. either way it sounds like you should contact Tafee

Medivapequeen

(Disclaimer! Any cannabis pictured is legal prescription medication and all my vaporisers are for medical use)

Soo I've had the Tafée Bowle a few days now as I've been looking for something for around the house that's semi portable and powerful as I love the power and quick relief my Elev8tr provides and my mighty just wasn't cutting it.

Does the Tafée Bowle work as well as people say? In short yes.. It's priced around £300 @VapeFiend for the 400ml model pictured which is expensive but as I've found you get what you pay for these days after buying cheaper vapes and getting buyers remorse and it is more of a desktop than a portable imo.

The cup on the device whilst gimmicky works well and I do use it to keep my throat from getting dry vaping. Although to charge the Tafée you need to remove the drinking bowl to charge as the micro USB sits underneath. I wouldn't suggest putting dark liquid in there as you need to see the leds underneath and no hot beverages! Half of me thinks the cup design is to circumvent the new vape laws in America but for whatever reason it does look like your sipping a drink not vaping!

The cup is optional and the vape works well with or without it too!

How does it perform?

Very well. It has 4 preset temps from 360F to 464F. On levels 1 and 2 vapor is smooth and flavoursome while not too of a hit. On levels 3 and 4 well they are like a slap in the face but with flavour. I use it on level 3 mainly sometimes 4 to completely roast a bowl (I haven't combusted on this thing yet and it does go to and get around 6 good heavy draws from it on level 3 which is more than enough to have me medicated quickly. The loading baskets are a little larger than the Mighty dosing capsules so I'd say you could easily get 0.3-0.5 in there depending on pack. I tend not to tamp to hard and its easy to use and get consistent results with.

Included in the kit are a few spares and a grinder that fills and holds 4 of the bowls with ease and includes a funnel and holder for easily topping up. And I use a debowler and brush to quickly clean it, they get a little hot being ceramic but I haven't had one I haven't been able to pull out so far. The baskets have a replaceable mesh at the bottom.

Maintenance

Bar the odd brush and iso soak of the stem and a swab of the base, Due to the nature of the design and the stem which uses cooling technology taken from pcs (heatsinks) it needs very little cleaning and is my easiest vape to maintain by far.

Usage

To use it you simply triple click the main button, cycle the power levels with the smaller button. Press the main button wait one second (literally one second) for the lights to go green and inhale steadily. The device will detect when you're done and shut off although I do recommended carrying on inhaling after it's switched off for bigger hits.

You can also manually hold the fire button down and release when done inhaling although I prefer the first method as the device seems to know what it's doing better than me lol. Using it though my AVB is consistently nice and dark and doesn't need to be stirred and it hits like a truck. So in my opinion yes it's fab!

Cons
Theres always cons but my only real gripe is the battery life isn't great when unplugged. I get around 5 bowls on level 3 on full charge however I keep mine on charge so it isn't an issue however it doesn't seem to have pass through as such so when the device is empty you will need to wait for some charge to use it.

Its Canadian so isn't easy to get here in the UK yet from many retailers or accessories and doesn't come with a UK plug adapter. I believe it's a Canadian plug however it's micro USB so it will work with any 2.4v charger.

Overall

Other than the battery life this is a really innovative vape. It's something different done really well. I could see it being well hidden in a beer garden etc in summer and if you need a portable desktop with a twist..well you've found a great one one!

I'm now giving everything a queen rating. This vape gets 4/5 👸 only due to battery life. If this was bigger it would get 5. Although I'm thinking of buying a USB powerbank and seeing how long I can get with it so I'll update 🤔

More pictures and videos of it in action will be in a link below. I'm just waiting on them uploading.

Hope the review is helpful

Attachments

• ezgif-5-12ee854261.jpg
    ezgif-5-12ee854261.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 13

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Very nice write up, I'm glad it worked out so well for you and that you are enjoying it!!

Why not post here though? ;):

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Very nice write up, I'm glad it worked out so well for you and that you are enjoying it!!

This! +1

oddjobold,

Medivapequeen

Oh no I didn't realise there was another thread I will post it there :) Glad you liked the review and it's still fabulous!
I didn't realise there was a thread I'm a bit of a newbie here sorry
fantastic write up :clap: so when will her ladyship @Compassionqueen vape aficionado and reviewer be getting her first coupon code and when can I subscribe to your news letter???;) all joking aside I'm glad you are enjoying your purchase.
Haha I can't see that tbh I review the vapes I buy and the legal cannabis mainly to help people switch over from combustion and how the legal bit all works but I'm a bit of an activist and quality isn't up to standard at the moment so I'm not praising it at the moment lol alot of people don't like that I speak the truth. I've only 400 odd followers when I was compassionqueen I was up to 1.8K but yeah im loving the Tafée just wish battery was better really.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

yes the battery is the weak point, otherwise it really is a great vape. I have a crafty, it was my first vape but I never got on with it. I need higher temp than it went.

Medivapequeen

yes the battery is the weak point, otherwise it really is a great vape. I have a crafty, it was my first vape but I never got on with it. I need higher temp than it went.
Yeah this hits waay harder than the mighty albeit you couldn't rely on this outside of the house really unless you've a powerbank.

Although I'm still getting the draw technique down to just single press. It doesn't seem to like how I draw so it cuts off early sometimes. I'm trying slow sips and harder pulls but I think there's just a slight learning curve to it especially with the lip being lower down. Obviously holding the button works fine but I'd like to get the draw down to use the single press method if you've any tips?

I'm still loving it I think I need to get the better grinder and some more bowls. I wish there was a better caddy for them as the grinder magnets aren't very strong and I've lost a few pots lol

I've noticed drawing after it shuts off produces more vapor although it cools it so well there isn't loads anyway. Pretty amazing how cool the hits are especially without water cooling.

Medivapequeen,

Bad Dog

personally I like to use the button which allows me to clear the vapour if ii want to take shorter draws but I also do plenty of full timer hits that way to, I do feel like clearing your hits will prolong the longevity of the device. try drawing hard for 3-5 seconds then settle to whatever is comfortable, you should get way less errors.

Bazinga

Last night mine would not provide any heat even at the maximum setting (four lights). Is this user fixable or do I need to contact Tafee?

Bazinga,

Shit Snacks

Although I'm still getting the draw technique down to just single press. It doesn't seem to like how I draw so it cuts off early sometimes. I'm trying slow sips and harder pulls but I think there's just a slight learning curve to it especially with the lip being lower down. Obviously holding the button works fine but I'd like to get the draw down to use the single press method if you've any tips?

The trick is consistency, do not change your draw mid hit, that's what fucks with the sensor, you can draw slow or you can draw fast, but maintain that draw is all... Every now and then it misreads, and turns off mid-hit, so just try again, sometimes maybe the button wasn't fully pressed or you inhaled a little too early, whatever it is lol

The biggest tip though, when you use the single press method, is to press the power button and the temp button at the same time to turn it off, so you can then clear your hit, I do that all the time because I like clearing my hits fully on demand, but it's nice to not have to hold the button down the whole time...

I'm still loving it I think I need to get the better grinder and some more bowls. I wish there was a better caddy for them as the grinder magnets aren't very strong and I've lost a few pots lol

I don't think the Tafée Grinder is worthwhile at all, if you did not already have a brilliant cut grinder I would highly recommend grabbing one of those! Too bad you may have missed the factory second sale now... Someone discovered the pots actually do fit in the BCG if you want to use them the way you use the Tafée Grinder... Also someone else is having Doug's Woodery make them a custom Roadie stash that will have slots for the Bowle pots!

I've noticed drawing after it shuts off produces more vapor

You should always be doing this, always keep drawing after you turn off power to the heater, you want to clear out the heat, fully clear your hits, clear the vapor from the piece, keeps it clean longer, less likely that vapor could get on the heater screen or temp sensor etc...

personally I like to use the button which allows me to clear the vapour if ii want to take shorter draws but I also do plenty of full timer hits that way too

Check out my tip above, I had posted it in the TB thread, you can use the tap auto hit feature and still fully clear your hits if you do not draw the full-time length, just press both buttons together to power off the heater, exit that auto hit before the auto shut off :tup:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I agree, nice review which I can confirm from my ~2 months experience with the TB – one small tip though:
I get around 5 bowls on level 3 on full charge however I keep mine on charge so it isn't an issue however it doesn't seem to have pass through as such so when the device is empty you will need to wait for some charge to use it.
Cells get worn out much quicker when you keep them full (or empty) all the time. I know it's a bit of a pain, but I recommend using the charge until it can't give you one more session, otherwise you'll see it reaching its end of life sooner than necessary.

SquirrelMaster

Hey anybody have problems with their Bowle. Mine is totally locked up. I can't get it to turn on I've tried everything no lights come on ever no matter what I do. I've tried to change the outlet I've charged it in and no luck.

I ran into this on one of my Bowle's after both had sat in the cupboard for an extended period of time. I left the puck plugged in (with the official cord and charger) for hours but I wasn't able to turn it on to start the battery reset procedure that @Bad Dog explained. I kept trying different charging blocks and cords and noticed lights were coming on immediately after plugging in (or was it after) and I was able to shut the device off. It's like it had died while in standby and when I was able to shut the device off it then started charging. That doesn't make sense but I don't know how else to explain it. Its been fine since through a couple cycles.

Djsleepy

Try this too:

PUCK BASE UNIT WON'T CHARGEIt may have entered a low power lockout or puck base unit charges too slow.
  1. Plug the Puck Base Unit in to charge (You must use the supplied charger and cable)
  2. After 15 seconds, disconnect the Puck from charging, wait 10 seconds and then plug it back in to the charger.
  3. Leave the Puck connected to charge for at least 6 hours. This should allow It to trickle charge until it come out of low power lockout. Leave Puck Base Unit idle on charger and do not try to check or inspect charge levels at for at least 1 hour.
If you notice the Puck indicating charging after a few minutes to an hour after you connect it to charge, do not fire the device. Wait for it to charge for at least 2 hours.Then before use, proceed to reset the Puck.

Medivapequeen

personally I like to use the button which allows me to clear the vapour if ii want to take shorter draws but I also do plenty of full timer hits that way to, I do feel like clearing your hits will prolong the longevity of the device. try drawing hard for 3-5 seconds then settle to whatever is comfortable, you should get way less errors.
I've found using the button is giving me better results now tbh as I'm able to clear the hits better. I don't know if it's my device but I've noticed using the auto press and getting the draw right it isn't cutting off when I stop drawing (staying green) so I've had to manually press the fire button to end the session.

Thanks! Drawing hard initially seems to be what I was missing I was sipping it quite slowly but it can handle quite a quick draw.
I love the Bowle. I want a v2 already lol
Honestly USB 3, I'd put the lights on the back of the unit tbh and the charge port as anything darker than lemonade in the cup does block the display LED colours for me and a bigger battery and this thing would absolutely fly off the shelves. I've so many friends that have been looking for a semi portable and this thing really is innovative and fabulous but If you've not got a big powerbank it's not going to last you long camping etc.
I agree, nice review which I can confirm from my ~2 months experience with the TB – one small tip though:

Cells get worn out much quicker when you keep them full (or empty) all the time. I know it's a bit of a pain, but I recommend using the charge until it can't give you one more session, otherwise you'll see it reaching its end of life sooner than necessary.

Totally agree and I always fully charge and discharge my devices I have a few times with Tafée but unfortunately for my needs it needs to be ready to go so I know ill sacrifice battery life in the long run. I won't really be using it all that much unplugged apart from moving rooms so my idea long term was to get a good powerbank for it. My candadian /UK plug adapter is garbage so I'm charging it with a standard 2.4v USB so it may be charging slower than usual I'm not sure.

Medivapequeen

The trick is consistency, do not change your draw mid hit, that's what fucks with the sensor, you can draw slow or you can draw fast, but maintain that draw is all... Every now and then it misreads, and turns off mid-hit, so just try again, sometimes maybe the button wasn't fully pressed or you inhaled a little too early, whatever it is lol

Hey sorry its easier to reply to you severally with the character limit if that's OK :) yes I've figured it out now I was drawing too slow almost solo 2 sipping but I didn't realise I could handle harder draws so I'm getting much better vapor production and overall effects. Thank you
The biggest tip though, when you use the single press method, is to press the power button and the temp button at the same time to turn it off, so you can then clear your hit, I do that all the time because I like clearing my hits fully on demand, but it's nice to not have to hold the button down the whole time...

I don't know If unit is a bit janky as it sometimes just switches off itself mid session although I'm leaning towards low battery on that because I keep forgetting it doesn't really have passthrough and not checking the charge. But I've been doing that also because sometimes it's not detecting that I've stopped drawing and stays green so I have to manually turn it off and clear the draw anyway. Maybe something to keep an eye on if there's any problems with it but I've got it working lovely now and I'm absolutely loving it.

I don't think the Tafée Grinder is worthwhile at all, if you did not already have a brilliant cut grinder I would highly recommend grabbing one of those! Too bad you may have missed the factory second sale now... Someone discovered the pots actually do fit in the BCG if you want to use them the way you use the Tafée Grinder... Also someone else is having Doug's Woodery make them a custom Roadie stash that will have slots for the Bowle pots!

Thanks that's saved me 60 quid and the rest lol with my hand issues I use a wakit electric grinder and I can control how course etc it is whilst saving my hands as I use around 70g per month. I've been looking at the brilliant cut grinders are they the threadless ones? I can grind a small amount for the Tafée although I've just been using the wakit and the top funnel part of the grinder I think that's the best bit of it lol

I'll have a look as I definitely need a stable holder for the pots preferably one that will seal them as there's no lids and I've dropped a bit of herb with them already lol edit forgot to say like I love how I can keep 12 mighty caps in the raw doob tubes so I'd love something that could hold a few.
You should always be doing this, always keep drawing after you turn off power to the heater, you want to clear out the heat, fully clear your hits, clear the vapor from the piece, keeps it clean longer, less likely that vapor could get on the heater screen or temp sensor etc...
Yes I'm doing this now I usually do it with all my vapes but I was struggling with the one press method whether that's me or the device god knows but I know it's not shutting off once I've finished drawing which is strange but may just be settling in.
Check out my tip above, I had posted it in the TB thread, you can use the tap auto hit feature and still fully clear your hits if you do not draw the full-time length, just press both buttons together to power off the heater, exit that auto hit before the auto shut off :tup:

I will this thank you you're always very helpful it's much appreciated. Well everyone thank you :)

Shit Snacks

Hey sorry its easier to reply to you severally with the character limit if that's OK :) yes I've figured it out now I was drawing too slow almost solo 2 sipping but I didn't realise I could handle harder draws so I'm getting much better vapor production and overall effects. Thank you

I don't know If unit is a bit janky as it sometimes just switches off itself mid session although I'm leaning towards low battery on that because I keep forgetting it doesn't really have passthrough and not checking the charge. But I've been doing that also because sometimes it's not detecting that I've stopped drawing and stays green so I have to manually turn it off and clear the draw anyway. Maybe something to keep an eye on if there's any problems with it but I've got it working lovely now and I'm absolutely loving it.

Thanks that's saved me 60 quid and the rest lol with my hand issues I use a wakit electric grinder and I can control how course etc it is whilst saving my hands as I use around 70g per month. I've been looking at the brilliant cut grinders are they the threadless ones? I can grind a small amount for the Tafée although I've just been using the wakit and the top funnel part of the grinder I think that's the best bit of it lol

I'll have a look as I definitely need a stable holder for the pots preferably one that will seal them as there's no lids and I've dropped a bit of herb with them already lol edit forgot to say like I love how I can keep 12 mighty caps in the raw doob tubes so I'd love something that could hold a few.

Yes I'm doing this now I usually do it with all my vapes but I was struggling with the one press method whether that's me or the device god knows but I know it's not shutting off once I've finished drawing which is strange but may just be settling in.

I will this thank you you're always very helpful it's much appreciated. Well everyone thank you :)

Haha yeah we're usually writing so much! That's great, takes time to learn how it works, yeah you definitely want a good deep inhale, you don't sip like you would a solo... I'm glad it's working out so well, should only get better! You should post in the thread, there are more people there using, where you'll get more interaction, more tips and suggestions of accessories etc?? :tup:

Yeah brilliant cut grinder does not have threads, although they have a new four piece coming out that has quarter turn threads, the original has magnets, and my favorite part is side teeth and the lid so it doesn't lock up ever, and they look really pretty, with high grade aluminum and so many colors! There are still some factory seconds available...

Medivapequeen

Haha yeah we're usually writing so much! That's great, takes time to learn how it works, yeah you definitely want a good deep inhale, you don't sip like you would a solo... I'm glad it's working out so well, should only get better! You should post in the thread, there are more people there using, where you'll get more interaction, more tips and suggestions of accessories etc?? :tup:
I will do I keep forgetting to post there as I usually spend most of the day answering questions on Instagram or helping someone get a vape and to legal etc so I forget I've posted here till I check my emails. I'm forgetful as it is so this new forum has thrown me a little but im getting used it. A lovely place with lovely people. So glad I'm here. Reddit is not a friendly place in general I've found. But yeah it's just getting better and better as I'm getting the technique so it really was a perfect purchase so thanks for reccomending it as I'd never heard of it. My followers are like what the hell is that but they love it its just unknown really.

Edit I'm also in the process of training for my PPL only in a small GA cessna etc but want to progress as far as I can really it's my goal for the year as I've wanted to for years. so its going to be a busy year lol but looking forward to day trips to Amsterdam lol all are welcome just chip in for fuel and landing fees ha. We can go pick these vapes up from Europe etc ha

But yeah im all for accessories and bits I'll need like a case etc so ill go mosey on over I always worry im posting in the wrong place.
Yeah brilliant cut grinder does not have threads, although they have a new four piece coming out that has quarter turn threads, the original has magnets, and my favorite part is side teeth and the lid so it doesn't lock up ever, and they look really pretty, with high grade aluminum and so many colors! There are still some factory seconds available...

I really need one of these and will get one. I'm still salty about my santcruz XL that was my absolute favourite grinder and expensive at £80 odd quid however this was before I was legal and well I had neighbours that phoned bloody crimestoppers on me for having a smoke in the garden. Edit before I vaped

Anyway it's probably being used by some copper somewhere lol but it's the only thing holding me off lol that and raising funds as I've spent a bit on vapes lately although I'm really considering selling my Volcano Hybrid as I haven't touched it in weeks and my Rogue is a bargain but noone is really interred which is understandle after Xmas but it's a bloody bargain.

And I want a taroma lmao so there's still that on the list and I'd love to get a nice case and pod holder etc for it and a good powerbank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom