Tafée Bowle

Texus

Tafee customer service has been solid in my experience, but If this failure rate is as high as it appears (it may be that there are numerous happy users with no problems that are not posting here) they are going to need to really lock in some QC. Or maybe the high price already factors in replacement costs. But everything does point to the need for a user-replaceable battery. Maybe not an easily swappable option with a couple 18650s (as awesome as that would be), but some option that doesn't necessitate the cost and labor involved in returning to Tafee.

Killer product, now just address the Achilles' Heels: Battery size/life and reliability.

I don't envy their headaches finding dependable manufacturing facilities in the current climate, that's for sure...

condition

I also would love a swappable battery but I am afraid that they have to change the structure of the product so when you unscrew something to replace the battery you won't be able to interact also with sensors, chips etc. The way TinyMight is constructed with a separate dedicated battery compartment.

ChooChooCharlie

Surrealistic Bowle:
Bowle-with-Kazandjian-oil.jpg

Uncrated 4'x5' oil painting today, I'm still wearing a shit eating grin

My two Bowles are going strong, 5-6 pots per day on each, almost a full year

Summer

Long Island, NY
Does anyone else think that Stundenglass may have very well been inspired by TB? :brow:

RxPlorer

Well, Tafée is returning my bowle to me unchanged. They claim it works perfectly for them, no charging issues, battery capacity is "appropriate". No replacement, no battery service, no firmware changes, nothing.

they were clearly informed of how the battery refused to charge despite multiple resets / low battery lockout resets, and that it randomly corrected itself once before. Shouldn't be a surprise that it randomly corrected again after a long time in shipping, but that doesn't prove the device is healthy.

So I can expect to get it back and continue to fear that it's next session will be it's last. This device is flawed and they don't have the tooling or interest to find the root cause. I no longer recommend.

Last edited:

Kaptan

Well, Tafée is returning my bowle to me unchanged. They claim it works perfectly for them, no charging issues, battery capacity is "appropriate". No replacement, no battery service, no firmware changes, nothing.

they were clearly informed of how the battery refused to charge despite multiple resets / low battery lockout resets, and that it randomly corrected itself once before. Shouldn't be a surprise that it randomly corrected again after a long time in shipping, but that doesn't prove the device is healthy.

So I can expect to get it back and continue to fear that it's next session will be it's last. This device is flawed and they don't have the tooling or interest to find the root cause. I no longer recommend.
IMO, to make the customer happy, they should have at least provided you with a replacement puck even if they found no issues when it arrived. Did you push back once they advised you?

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Well, sad to report, we dont live in that world, where everyone is good and fair.
Well is it too much to ask for some freakin rainbow waterfalls, some magic sparkle unicorns, and some sharks that shoots lasers out of their freakin eyeballs!

acstorfer,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I thought mine was dead, after sitting awhile mid-charge, but maybe I just didn't charge it up that much before I put it away? It's definitely losing some charge, but it was able to get it back, relatively quickly (which may be a sign that is even more faded if it's charging quicker, discharging quicker) but I ended up using it the next night and it kept that near full charge so I could finish my bowl at least and the battery was not fully drained... Pretty nice experience with some fine ground tangie mimosa full bowl milking the lowest settings! Hopefully the company stays afloat and continues to grow...

Last edited:

fangorn

and for my part, I still have a special relationship with my Bowle ...
I put it back for sale in the classifieds but no one seems interested .... maybe all the potentially interested Fc members got one ... (or maybe too expensive)
so i'm ready to part with it ... and at the same time i wouldn't mind keeping it ... it seems like the best option for hash ... and i just made some ice o lator then .... 😁

I don't use it much anymore but it's nice to have this option ...

btka

and for my part, I still have a special relationship with my Bowle ...
I put it back for sale in the classifieds but no one seems interested .... maybe all the potentially interested Fc members got one ... (or maybe too expensive)
so i'm ready to part with it ... and at the same time i wouldn't mind keeping it ... it seems like the best option for hash ... and i just made some ice o lator then .... 😁

I don't use it much anymore but it's nice to have this option ...
How do you use it with hash?

btka,

fangorn

I don't have a preferential method!

It is quite rare for me because I use almost exclusively flowers.
But my harvest / manicure hash .... and recently my first homemade ice O Lator feel great with this vaporizer.

What I wanted to say is that I am not afraid that the hash melts and falls on the radiator (I am thinking of the Tinymight or the Tp80) ...
And I know that the extraction and the taste will be great!

I tested in a sandwich between two thin layers of weed or on a hemp fiber filter / mat.
In both cases, the taste, the extraction and the production of steam are good ... I only do one "preheating" shot on setting 2, 2 shots on setting 3 and I finish with a few shots on setting 4 ...

Guess if I wasn't that freakish ... I could definitely drop it right into the jar ... before cleaning the jar in iso alcohol ...

If I manage to resell my unit ... I can't imagine which vaporizer I will use for my hash !!
Surely the Tp80 upside down with a J hook ... that will add to the exceptional side of the moment ...?
or maybe in the Vaponic ...?
For both, it's the cleaning that bothers me ... but as it is quite rare, it will give me an excuse for a bath of iso alcohol ...

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
this is how I do hash in the bowle. take a 1-2 rice grained sized piece of hash and roll it out into a thin circle roughly the diameter if the pot on a plastic bag.

NWGJvZW.jpg

place in fridge foe a bit to firm up hash, remove when cold and peel off plastic and place on fingertip, poke with a pick tool all over and place on pot with cotton.

dmfKtaa.jpg

set bowle to max, first hit is good and flavourful, second hit is a monster! remove stem and stir/fluff cotton and take a clean up hit and done. this was with full melt bubble hash

3oEXBVe.jpg

MinnBobber

Taffee Ice Stem , if the coolest stock stem in the business isn’t enough .
DIY sock wrapping and add water for an iceberg to keep your stem and vapor super chilled.

It allows for some super strong hits, a cool blast of vapor.

Attachments

• 77FC9084-4391-411C-8FA1-C98967DD31EB.jpeg
    77FC9084-4391-411C-8FA1-C98967DD31EB.jpeg
    936.4 KB · Views: 24
Taffee Ice Stem , if the coolest stock stem in the business isn’t enough .
DIY sock wrapping and add water for an iceberg to keep your stem and vapor super chilled.

It allows for some super strong hits, a cool blast of vapor.

Would be cool if they made some sort of custom ice-pack sleeve that fits perfectly over the stem. :lol:

thunderstealer1337

Unfortunately, they have already done this to others and was posted on this forum - just buried now.

Guy gets his tafee complains about the performance, sends it to another FC or vice versa they both compare it to another tafee agree it doesn't perform as well as the other one.

Gets sent in to tafee, tafee reviews it and was able to duplicate one of the symptoms - battery not turning on via button presses or blinks randomly etc, states that when the heater does work it works as designed and gets sent back to customer.

Seems super similar situation here, they duplicated one of the complaints ignored the other one and sent it back to customer stating no problem.

Lol

Esquire

It's very disturbing to hear about all of these issues. I've apparently been lucky in that I've had no quality control issues with my device. I did have some issues with the grinder in that the magnet popped out and would not go back in. Tafee sent me a replacement and did not request that I return the defective unit, and they also gave me some free stuff with the replacement. I still believe this is the best portable device in my arsenal, although I don't really use it as a portable because of its odd dimensions. As far as extraction goes, I have not seen a more efficient device with these effects, so I really do hope that Tafee is taking care of customers who have had issues so that its reputation for standing behind its product is strong. There are definitely improvements that could be made to the original release, but before any of that happens, Tafee needs to address the battery/power issues that have been raised here. Good luck to all of you who have experienced problems. Like I said, I think it's an amazing device, and I've been apparently lucky that I have not experienced any of these issues.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I usually fill and kill a pot in 2 to 4 sessions depending on the herb and amount used. BUT last night I used it as a one-hitter because I was strength training and wanted a quick hit between each set. I don't have another "on demand" vape other than the Ghost (Out of rotation) and the Herbalizer (only used for medicinal, not recreational since its been discontinued) so Bowle it is/was!

Still working like a charm but based on the comments here I should test the battery life again since I've been blessed since December.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
haven't put my new unit through the ringer yet but my last bowle was still giving me 2 pots and change and I'm a avid temp stepper and long full timer hitter.

Top Bottom