• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

Sativasforpresident

Hey fellow vapers,
Was just wondering how many hits you reckon the tafee bowle has per pot at setting 2? LL((I haven't got one)
Let's say you get 8 second drags on it, would it last up to 10? More? Any feedback welcome, thanks again

Sativasforpresident,

kimura

my Bowle has still been running great since I got it last Spring 🙏 No drama. I've just accepted that I only get 3-4 bowls out of a charge. I mostly use it at home so charging it isn't an issue. It's not ideal though. A device at this price point should have more battery capacity.

I just inspected the rim on the base of the stem where the ceramic wears against the finish. I think I did lose some finish there but it's hard to tell. I'll have to clean it. I'm not super worried about it and I think most foreign object like dust will be caught in the sticky reclaim, but I was thinking though - the base of the stem is just stainless steel with a coating, right? Why not just remove the coating? has anyone tried hitting the inside rim of the base that everyone is posting pics of with a rotary tool + polishing tip?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
my Bowle has still been running great since I got it last Spring 🙏 No drama. I've just accepted that I only get 3-4 bowls out of a charge. I mostly use it at home so charging it isn't an issue. It's not ideal though. A device at this price point should have more battery capacity.

I just inspected the rim on the base of the stem where the ceramic wears against the finish. I think I did lose some finish there but it's hard to tell. I'll have to clean it. I'm not super worried about it and I think most foreign object like dust will be caught in the sticky reclaim, but I was thinking though - the base of the stem is just stainless steel with a coating, right? Why not just remove the coating? has anyone tried hitting the inside rim of the base that everyone is posting pics of with a rotary tool + polishing tip?

No, the stainless steel is just a piece beneath where the pots go, the actual body of it is still all aluminum like the rest...?

kimura

No, the stainless steel is just a piece beneath where the pots go, the actual body of it is still all aluminum like the rest...?

right, I think I recall that now. thank you. I bet I could remove the finish pretty easily if that's what's wearing off. hit it with some flitz and make it shine. IDK might give it a shot one of these nights

Hey fellow vapers,
Was just wondering how many hits you reckon the tafee bowle has per pot at setting 2? LL((I haven't got one)
Let's say you get 8 second drags on it, would it last up to 10? More? Any feedback welcome, thanks again
this is going to vary almost entirely based on the quality of your material. and how you are loading the pots. yes, I think you could milk a pot for 10 eight second drags at heat setting 2... but that's going to depend largely on you

androponic

vaped.
right, I think I recall that now. thank you. I bet I could remove the finish pretty easily if that's what's wearing off. hit it with some flitz and make it shine. IDK might give it a shot one of these nights

this is going to vary almost entirely based on the quality of your material. and how you are loading the pots. yes, I think you could milk a pot for 10 eight second drags at heat setting 2... but that's going to depend largely on you
i used aircraft stripper and removed the coating on all 3 of my bowle stems and stem bases and now no more worries about flaking. easy peasy!

i did polish one with flitz but it was so hard to keep fingerprints to a min so i satinized all of them with a scotch brite after.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I wonder why my stem shows no sign if flaking yet? must be because I only use it 1-2 times a day, or every other day. still I give my stem a good work out, taking 3 full timer hits on every level if I'm really in the mood to blast off, back to back and my stem is rocket hot when I'm done. as for cleaning its infrequent but I take few precautions and have left the stem soaking for a couple days in iso more than once. I did stop rinsing with hot water and don't use hot iso.

Chronicele

My Bowle stopped charging today :( I got it two weeks ago and started noticing battery/charging "issues" a few days ago, which have gotten progressively worse to this point. Indicators just won't go on when plugged in or will go off shortly after plugged in.

Obviously reaching out to Tafee, but anyone encounter similar issues with a solution? Seems like it got "worse" when I was using pass-through charging while vaping.

Bummed because I had to watch the Jets lose in London this morn without my Bowle, which has been pleasantly good so far :(

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
My Bowle stopped charging today :( I got it two weeks ago and started noticing battery/charging "issues" a few days ago, which have gotten progressively worse to this point. Indicators just won't go on when plugged in or will go off shortly after plugged in.

Obviously reaching out to Tafee, but anyone encounter similar issues with a solution? Seems like it got "worse" when I was using pass-through charging while vaping.

Bummed because I had to watch the Jets lose in London this morn without my Bowle, which has been pleasantly good so far :(
Not sure any of the following will help but its the suggestions for dealing with battery issues that have been gathered so far....

For those with battery issues, some possible solutions:
1. Press both the power select and fire buttons together quickly 5 times. The puck will only power on again after connected to charge cable.

2. When charging, if charge is too slow, remove the cable, wait about 10 seconds and reinsert the cable.. sometimes the battery trickle charges and needs to be disconnected and reconnected for the charging chip to recognize fast charging.

3. Finally, even when the battery indicates it's fully charged when plugged in to charge by indicating four solid blue lights or no lights indicating charging.... Unplug and reconnect the charger to make sure the battery is full indicated by "four flashing blue lights". If 4 blue doesn't flash when the charge cable is reinserted, then the battery is still only 80% charged and slowly trickle charging the remaining 20%. Unplug and reconnect to reset the charge until you confirm 4 flashing lights when the charge cable is removed and reconnected.

4. Charge the device normally, then after 5 minutes, unplug the cable for 10 seconds from the puck, then reconnect. The reason for this is there are chips that monitor battery life and temperature of the puck. If they detect a situation in which the device is still warm or if the battery has been depleted to power off stage, the charger will engage trickle slow charging. In some cases, it does not revert to quick smart charging so it will trickle charge till full. By disconnecting the charger for 10 seconds and reconnecting, this is suppose to reset and engage smart charging again. In some cases, if the charger has detected too many errors, it’s possible to get stuck in trickle charging mode, in which case a replacement charging brick is necessary.

Bad Dog

lazy Sunday ? heavy vaping? been to the moon a few times today with my FP and some hash, in fact I am still coming down from the last but even though I'm still feeling good I'm still in the mood to vape! I just don't feel like getting really baked again now when I need it for bed later, so 1:2 skunk haze to the rescue! not in the mood for big hits, had them all day. want to slow down, savour the flavour while sitting in my lazyboy at a leisurely pace, want a good size bowl and plenty of small hits (I fully expect to burn through pretty much the whole battery on 1 pot) I want 1 handed ease of use, I want my bowle when I'm most in the mood to vape! probably explains why its my most frequent cbd vape. very full bowl, fine grind, first hit 10 seconds or less, pure flavour no vapour, level 1 ❤️. I'll work my way through a few pots and charges tonight!

Bad Dog

well the past weekend festivities were the swan song of my bowle :( seems like my micro usb is failing. when I plug it in it either flashes briefly then stops and doesn't charge or just nothing happens . if I put sideways pressure on the micro usb while the power is hooked up it charges, as soon as I stop it stops. so I put a elastic band on the cable to the stem to charge it last night while I waited to hear back from tafee. got my return labels this morning since the video I included was pretty clear and obvious. since I'm local should only be down a few days, seriously they are about a hour drive away lol

Fogoff

Some updates about my broken screw in the stem:
I've never been able to get that bottom screw out, my cheap amazon torx screw did fucked it up badly.
I tried others technics but it was definitely a dead end.
However, thanks to the precious help of @ChooChooCharlie I've been able to get a stem with the new machining treatment 🙏
So after 10 days the stem look like new, not a scratch as it happened with the original one. I will share more feedback after 1/2 month of use.
My bowle is now back in rotation, and im delighted about it!

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

de rien, @Fogoff

merci for the update on the stem's resilience, leads me to yearn for the same machined finish on all surfaces. My 10 month old unit's fire button is an example of the Japanese notion of wabi-sabi

Speaking of, tested run time on my 1)original unit yesterday, then did same on 2)eight month unit

1) 6 pots, but died before last hit
2) 6 pots, died on second hit of 7th pot

My pot consumption style is "get er done"
two 15 sec draws at level 3, one 15 sec at level 4

Took me a few ignorant weeks at start of ownership last year. Finally discovered need for steady, consistent, intentional draws to avoid heat cutoff to light blue

Well known online vaporist demonstrated intermittent cigar puffing to begin draw. Bad idea, doesn't make sense with pure convection, why interrupt flow of heat?

Bowle is sensitive, chip reading sensor thermo wire above upper screen. If cooler than set point for couple seconds, heater switches to light blue standby, for battery saving reasons

It will cut you off faster than a bartender (maybe that's just me) Kinda funny after you've warmed everything up with a couple draws, retained heat sometimes doesn't allow auto shutoff for up to 3 seconds. Why it's important to be firm and consistent with draw at beginning, when everything is relatively cooler

Bad Dog

well I heard back from tafee and they could not fix my unit :( but they did send out a replacement puck today, should have it tomorrow. they dogged my questions about the timeline for glass cups and the wpa but they did share something that might be interesting to some......... evidently they are planing on switching to usb c but gave no timeline of when that will be a reality.

kimura

they've always given off the tech startup vibe. I'm not at all surprised at the vague communications.

but the Bowle works great. IDK, I think people just get too emotionally invested in the consumer products they spend their money on. it's weird as shit to me. buying something doesn't make me defensive about it. and it usually makes me more critical.

but this design seems to thrive on the concept of "there's no such thing as bad press." all of the outrage may have caused a bit of a Streisand effect?

I hear you though, at this price point, should have all modern bells and whistles

Last edited:

MinnBobber

lol this plays into why I didnt want the first rev of the unit, the usb and placement of the charge port 🤣
……

I like the placement of the charge port. It allows a one handed plug in, unlike any other vape. Puck is on table and grab the cable and insert.

-It also makes it impossible to spill liquids into the port when cup is attached.

Note that I did suggest that they add a second port on the “outside” for max flexibility.

Bad Dog

well I received my replacement puck today but I found it a bit odd? first off no extras? no o rings and screens or mouth pieces, not a big deal but I was a little disappointed. so I put the puck to charge and walked away. came back later to a full charge so I figured I'd have a bowl, was just about to insert the stem when I saw scratches at the bottom of the oven, stem scratches. not super warn but noticeable. so I put the stem down and took a look at the rest of the vape and it looked fine till I looked at the bottom and one of the screws was stripped? again a little odd. sent tafee a email asking if I was sent something refurbished or something?

Bad Dog

wasn't particularly concerned about the flaws I found on my unit, not enough to keep me from using the vape. performance is identical to my old one, however the draw sensor on my new one is perfect. my old one you had to draw fast for 3-5 seconds then you could pick your speed for the rest of your hit. my new one any speed no mater how slow and it never shuts off prematurely ! I was even able to use my raised mp which always gave me to most time out problems and it's totally fine, 0 shutoffs.

frankly I'm pleased with the unit. the scratches were going to happen anyway and I've already made them worse using it. the striped screw isn't a concern as I have no intention of opening it up.

Mr. White

Be good or be good at it.
My tafee bowle has been broken for months. This whole time I've have been trying to ship it back to tafee using the return shipping label provided by tafee. Each time I send it out FedEx returns it to me saying it needs customs papers on the outside of the package. The problem is tafee didn't supply the customs papers they say they are embedded in the label. Well fedex isn't hearing that and they will not send the package back to taffe. I've told this to tafee many times and each time they give me another shipping label buy without customs papers. I have a very expensive paper weight. Has this happened to anyone else or is it just my luck?

Top Bottom