Tafée Bowle

danjens

My tafee bowle has been broken for months. This whole time I've have been trying to ship it back to tafee using the return shipping label provided by tafee. Each time I send it out FedEx returns it to me saying it needs customs papers on the outside of the package. The problem is tafee didn't supply the customs papers they say they are embedded in the label. Well fedex isn't hearing that and they will not send the package back to taffe. I've told this to tafee many times and each time they give me another shipping label buy without customs papers. I have a very expensive paper weight. Has this happened to anyone else or is it just my luck?
If you take the package with tafee provided label to a fedex store, they will be able to help you fill out the customs declaration and provided you with the 'window" and three invoices to affix on the outside of the package. Since its' a warranty return, you'll be able to claim that on the declaration and not need to pay any customs fees. Absolutely declare warranty return on customs as opposed to reducing package value. This will save you should the package become lost.

cliffhanger1

My tafee bowle has been broken for months. This whole time I've have been trying to ship it back to tafee using the return shipping label provided by tafee. Each time I send it out FedEx returns it to me saying it needs customs papers on the outside of the package. The problem is tafee didn't supply the customs papers they say they are embedded in the label. Well fedex isn't hearing that and they will not send the package back to taffe. I've told this to tafee many times and each time they give me another shipping label buy without customs papers. I have a very expensive paper weight. Has this happened to anyone else or is it just my luck?
hope i can help :(
i think you have to write custom papers. there you have to declare the value and the product and so on. i think 4 times of this paper
Edit: maybe the papers are available online

Last edited:

Mr. White

Be good or be good at it.
If you take the package with tafee provided label to a fedex store, they will be able to help you fill out the customs declaration and provided you with the 'window" and three invoices to affix on the outside of the package. Since its' a warranty return, you'll be able to claim that on the declaration and not need to pay any customs fees. Absolutely declare warranty return on customs as opposed to reducing package value. This will save you should the package become lost.there aren't any fedex stores in my area closest one is about 145 miles away

I dont have a fedex store in my area closest one is over 150 miles away.

Last edited:

Mr. White

Be good or be good at it.
If you’re in the US you can send the puck to Canada for under $20 using USPS First Class International. Obviously it would be nice for them to cover shipping, but it beats having a paper weight. It will still need a customs form, but they should be able to help with that.
I think this it my best option and what I asked tafee just waiting for them to reply back to me.

Fogoff

Fedex guy that is picking up your parcel should be able to help you with customs papers

Fogoff,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I used my Bowle the other night for the first time in a while again, was pretty sure I left it with three LED charge, but it only had two, and died mid bowl session... Damn hope my battery is not fading now womp womp?

Shit Snacks,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I used my Bowle the other night for the first time in a while again, was pretty sure I left it with three LED charge, but it only had two, and died mid bowl session... Damn hope my battery is not fading now womp womp?

I had the exact same experience a while ago when I used a Bowle a friend borrowed me for a few months; after using it daily for a while, I gave it a rest and switched back to my usual stuff. A few weeks later I wanted to rock it again only to see the battery fully depleted – I'm absolutely sure I left it fully or nearly fully charged. It was a bit shocking, at first I thought the cell was deep discharged because the Bowle wouldn't react to any button presses and it even took a while for the LEDs to light up after I plugged it in for charging. But in the end it came back to life.

––––

Short review after having used the Bowle for a few months: performance and ease of use are incredible, especially the latter aspect I see pretty much unmatched by any other vaporizer. The entire concept of the Bowle is unique and revolutionary, even when not considering the cup (I personally never considered the cup even though the thing looks even funnier without it). Most will agree that the battery life is lacking, I myself find the flavor also a bit lacking, probably due to the super aggressive cooling the stem provides, but then again it cools extremely well, so it's an okay tradeoff. The only thing I found to be annoying was emptying the cups, it always went kinda messy and cumbersome for me compared to a Dynavap or Tinymight. One other thing that made me understand that the Bowle is not for me is the four temperature presets of which I pretty much only used two – a Bowle session is extremely uniform, which I suppose is part of the concept, but contradicts my needs for finetuning.

However, beside the price the Bowle seems to be the best possible recommendation for beginners who want to experience high end vapor. Not my style, but a great device.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I don't own a bowle, but I have no doubt it's a wonderful thing. I'm kind of concerned about the company. It's following a trend I've seen with Haze and Ghost. It looks like there have been a large number of warranty repairs/replacements. Customer service has been difficult to reach. Their website inventory has no stock of anything. Take that, and supply chain interruptions, increases in shipping costs, and what have you...

I really hope I'm just a crackpot conspiracy dude. Everyone really seems to love the Bowle.

Djsleepy

I don't own a bowle, but I have no doubt it's a wonderful thing. I'm kind of concerned about the company. It's following a trend I've seen with Haze and Ghost. It looks like there have been a large number of warranty repairs/replacements. Customer service has been difficult to reach. Their website inventory has no stock of anything. Take that, and supply chain interruptions, increases in shipping costs, and what have you...

I really hope I'm just a crackpot conspiracy dude. Everyone really seems to love the Bowle.
Don't forget about the "chip" shortage! From what I understand and know they are more solid than either Ghost.or.Haze ever were, but as said above supply chain is.crucial to success of any.company.especially during Covid! We will see.....

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Don't forget about the "chip" shortage! From what I understand and know they are more solid than either Ghost.or.Haze ever were, but as said above supply chain is.crucial to success of any.company.especially during Covid! We will see.....
I kinda meant the chips by supply chain, but I'm just happy people aren't flaming me. Like I said, I hope they're good business wise. I've heard so many great things.

I think these concerns are definitely valid. The device launched almost a year ago, and they still can't keep consistent stock of the vape or accessories. I have no personal experience with customer service yet (knock on wood), but it seems like they've generally been responsive and helpful? I've said this before, but it would be nice to see some more transparency and open communication from the Company regarding supply chain issues they may be facing, future plans for the device, etc. That doesn't seem to be their MO however.

The vape itself is awesome, but I don't think the fluffy marketing or the cup concept are really catching on. Their website needs a major overhaul IMO. I'll just continue using mine with the stubby stem, forget the cup exists, and hope for no issues!

florduh

I still can't believe they haven't come out with a bubbler that slides on like the cup. It would make it look like a dry herb Puffco Peak. I never use the cup anymore, and it feels kinda dumb. Looks like I'm playing a Star Wars cantina instrument.

It does easily produce tasty steam and evenly cooks my herb so I keep coming back.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I still can't believe they haven't come out with a bubbler that slides on like the cup. It would make it look like a dry herb Puffco Peak. I never use the cup anymore, and it feels kinda dumb. Looks like I'm playing a Star Wars cantina instrument.

It does easily produce tasty steam and evenly cooks my herb so I keep coming back.
Or some glass tubing through the cup. It would be neat to have it cooled through ice water.

Esquire

I think that Tafee is going to come up with a lot of accessories for the Bowle. Tafee did have a supply chain issue early on. After it initially released the Bowle (I bought one immediately), it went out of stock for months. So, I think that Tafee is most likely to work on supply before releasing more accessories. I know that it has a cup with a handle on it, and they have been sending them out as demos for several months already, but there's no hint of its existence on the website. Overall, I think Tafee is much more likely to work on accessories before doing a re-design of the product itself. It hits like a dream, but could use a re-design already. LED lights should be elsewhere if the cup if going to go on top. USB-C charging should be mandatory for a device that eats through its batteries while operating. That said, I love it to death and would pay for my current version without another thought if I had to do it over again.

RxPlorer

I sent my puck back today. I think this is now my 4th replacement under warranty. Tafée doesn't send me prepaid fedex labels anymore, they just send me their address and shipping recommendations.

thunderstealer1337

1st - battery failure
2nd - low heater output, level 4 = level 1 extraction
3rd - silicon seal improperly seated. Air leak, no vapor.
4th - battery failure
Wish more ppl were honest like you, I found it weird ppl had 2-3 units early on this year, only to find out majority of those users had issues with their units.

Don't get me wrong some ppl did buy a spare tafee but majority of those owners that had more then 1 unit was due to problems

Also all these battery issues make the used market for these things really interesting

ray_

I would like to buy a Bowle. As a cheap bastard I'd like to not overpay. What are your opinions on the possiblity of a Black Friday sale at Tafee or online stores?

RxPlorer

Wish more ppl were honest like you, I found it weird ppl had 2-3 units early on this year, only to find out majority of those users had issues with their units.

Don't get me wrong some ppl did buy a spare tafee but majority of those owners that had more then 1 unit was due to problems

Also all these battery issues make the used market for these things really interesting

As I told Tafée, the bowle is the best experience I've found for my dosing needs at home, when it works. But the current reliability problems have moved it down to 3rd place in my rotation. Every time I think about picking it up, I get nervous that something will bust.

Tech is hard, first releases are super risky, and pandemic supply chains are screwing up almost everyone's quality control. I think Tafée is facing a bit of a perfect storm. Personally I just wish they designed v1 around an available and serviceable battery.

Anyway I've seen enough creativity and good execution from them to continue assuming positive intent. I wish them all the best through this ride and will most likely be a return customer at some point.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
My Bowle is still working perfectly. I set it aside a couple weeks ago because it needs a good cleaning and I got lazy. When I got ready to clean it I saw that the pot wasn't dark enough and probably still had some goodness in it. Turned it on, set it to level 4 and took a long draw.....ended up doing the "cough to get off" dance because, once again, I wasn't paying enough attention and missed the Tafee Tickle that tells me to stop drawing.

I promised the wife her own Bowle but I'm waiting patiently for a hopeful holiday sale or the next iteration.......

Chronicles22

I just wanted to say that I received a pleasant surprise with my order today. I ordered a machined stubby stem to use with my device and the package I received also contained a small cup and stem. I already had the tall 400ml cup and stem, so now I have a complete set to play with. I only wish I could order a backup puck as an a la carte item as I worry what I will do when the battery ultimately degrades in a few years.

Top Bottom