Tafée Bowle

cptofnthng

could someone do me a favor and take a good scale and weigh how much weed ~averages one bowl? i want to track my consumption a little more. i only have a kitchen scale.

cptofnthng,
Reactions: dimmusp

ChooChooCharlie

@cptofnthng - Depends on grind and filling method

I posted pic of my scale at bottom of page six, 0.13g using medium grind, funnel, no tamping, just loose fill. With this style, you can estimate 7-8 pots per gram. Tafée Potter dispenses in this loose fill way, yielding less than 0.13g if you don't shake and rap a few times

Posted another scale pic on page nine, 0.03g micro size load test. (also jammed in 0.27g for a macro test)

I figure if you're a normal human, you will use the "dumpster dive" pot filling method in your grinder. Pushes/compresses load a bit. Estimate 0.17g per pot, or 6 pots per gram

I get greedy by overfilling while diving, then pushing down with finger tip, 0.20g

If you loosely fill half a pot, estimate 14 half filled pots per gram

Nice feature of the top-down heat direction -- we don't need to worry about spacers for small loads. Fun looking at cooked load after session, roasted, shrunken and compressed

cptofnthng

@cptofnthng - Depends on grind and filling method

I posted pic of my scale at bottom of page six, 0.13g using medium grind, funnel, no tamping, just loose fill. With this style, you can estimate 7-8 pots per gram. Tafée Potter dispenses in this loose fill way, yielding less than 0.13g if you don't shake and rap a few times

Posted another scale pic on page nine, 0.03g micro size load test. (also jammed in 0.27g for a macro test)

I figure if you're a normal human, you will use the "dumpster dive" pot filling method in your grinder. Pushes/compresses load a bit. Estimate 0.17g per pot, or 6 pots per gram

I get greedy by overfilling while diving, then pushing down with finger tip, 0.20g

If you loosely fill half a pot, estimate 14 half filled pots per gram

Nice feature of the top-down heat direction -- we don't need to worry about spacers for small loads. Fun looking at cooked load after session, roasted, shrunken and compressed
Thank you, sir.

Djsleepy

So more of short stem coating came off after last iso soak , so flaked it off got some sandpaper and removed it all. I feel better using it now with mouthpiece gone , touching nothing but metal! Hits so hard!

just went to website looks like accessories are be added stems, MPs, etc. check it out!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh yeah nice, here they are:

So drinkware is only $20, $30 for a stem, $30 for a pack of four pots, $10 for mouthpieces.

Hey maybe the steel stem will also have a built-in steel mouthpiece??! Eh still looking forward to the WPA! Because even after freshly cleaning my stem and mouthpiece, mine's vapor quality is a little meh lately...

ChooChooCharlie

Screens + prep pads = easy pot cleaning
No wasted water, no ziplock bag, no iso
prep-pads-and-screens.jpg

(Stanker is a good name)
Back on page six I was being my usual pessimistic self, predicting perma-stained ceramic pots. Wrong again, ChaCha. Five months of heavy use, they still clean up well

pretty good review and design discussion:

cliffhanger1

So more of short stem coating came off after last iso soak , so flaked it off got some sandpaper and removed it all. I feel better using it now with mouthpiece gone , touching nothing but metal! Hits so hard!

just went to website looks like accessories are be added stems, MPs, etc. check it out!

did the further stem coating off come after you only used cold iso? that would be another piece of news.
I have now bought my 3rd Bowle. I love this part too much I couldn't resist because it is my favorite vaporizer of all 4 different high-end devices. But my third is still welded in foil where it stays a little bit at least until the steels stems come or maybe more in future.

Djsleepy

did the further stem coating off come after you only used cold iso? that would be another piece of news.
I have now bought my 3rd Bowle. I love this part too much I couldn't resist because it is my favorite vaporizer of all 4 different high-end devices. But my third is still welded in foil where it stays a little bit at least until the steels stems come or maybe more in future.
I soaked for few hours as usual and cold water rinse, top by mouth was flaking and some scraped off easily.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I was careful to use cold water this time and it was a little more annoying to clear the sticky! Like I was a little more paranoid about the coating, I only let the inside soak, then use an organic q-tip to scrub, shake and rinse shake and rinse... The chamber pots and screens I soak in a shot glass, and a little bit the mouthpiece too.

cliffhanger1

Yeah I was careful to use cold water this time and it was a little more annoying to clear the sticky! Like I was a little more paranoid about the coating, I only let the inside soak, then use an organic q-tip to scrub, shake and rinse shake and rinse... The chamber pots and screens I soak in a shot glass, and a little bit the mouthpiece too.
the pots you can without problems clean in the dishwasher too :)

Esquire

could someone do me a favor and take a good scale and weigh how much weed ~averages one bowl? i want to track my consumption a little more. i only have a kitchen scale.
I believe Tafee recommends filling the grinder with .4g of material, so .1 per bowl. The pots actually do better if they are not over-filled. It might mean that you use more pots, but its more efficient with less in each pot from my own experience.

They added an accessories page but everything is out of stock. Great product, but production must be a real challenge, because they have never stocked accessories. I bought a steel grinder from Tafee shortly after buying the Bowle, and I emailed them asking about extra screens. They included them free with my order of the grinder, but that was a few months ago before they went completely out of stock with the Bowle itself.

Djsleepy

They added an accessories page but everything is out of stock. Great product, but production must be a real challenge, because they have never stocked accessories. I bought a steel grinder from Tafee shortly after buying the Bowle, and I emailed them asking about extra screens. They included them free with my order of the grinder, but that was a few months ago before they went completely out of stock with the Bowle itself.
I think since this is the second run of units that now they know the demand, they can stock accessories accordingly....good way to do business to avoid having unnecessary stock with no demand.

Esquire

Sure, if I had a dishwasher maybe! Haha that also seems pretty unnecessary for such a tiny item though, I've never cleaned any paraphernalia in the dishwasher, even when I had one, though it does seem nice in theory!
The pots are really super easy to clean. Take a small amount of 99% ISO and put it in a jar. Remove the gaskets from the pots and drop them in. 10-20 minutes of just sitting in the ISO will clean everything, including the screen. Sometimes I use a q-tip to wipe away any stains or residue. Surprisingly, Tafee's website advises that the pots only need to be cleaned after 8-10 uses. I usually clean them after 2 uses because it's so easy. It will be even easier once people can buy extra pots. I got lucky and was able to pick up 8 extras shortly after making my initial purchase, so I clean more frequently and just let them air dry near a fan after I rinse them off with fresh water when they come out of the ISO.

Also, I would not soak the stem in ISO at all. All that you really need to do is take a q-tip soaked in ISO and wipe out the inside underneath where the pot sits. The stem itself really does not get dirty, and if it develops an odor you don't like, just use warm water. ISO is a corrosive chemical that doesn't do well with most metals. Just my two cents.

condition

The pots do not need clean often, on the contrary the screens need every couple of loads, as the part thats close to the pot gets clogged very easily, at least with my herbs. In order to save time, I ordered 100 screens and when they arrive I will just remove the screen and submenrge it in ISO where it will stay until needed, when the rotation of 50 screens or so restarts. I have done the same in the past with S&B capsules

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I believe Tafee recommends filling the grinder with .4g of material, so .1 per bowl. The pots actually do better if they are not over-filled. It might mean that you use more pots, but its more efficient with less in each pot from my own experience.
I think this is too subjective and depends on your material and conditions. IMO my material does better with an overpack and will let me sip for extended sessions.

Top Bottom