Tafée Bowle

floribud

acai-bowle.jpg
A while back someone said keeping an ice cold drink in the glass help cool the vapor coming up the stem. Do you agree? Can you tell the difference in vapor temperature when there's no drinkware attached?

buckhakeesah

I may be the oddball here but when cleaning, does anyone eat the accumulated lump of avb/ oil right under where the bowl sits? I just did last week between some chocolate chips. It was comparable to RSO they sell here in IL, in terms of effects and taste.

Last edited:

420_fitdad

I may be the oddball here but when cleaning, does anyone eat the accumulated a lump of avb/ oil right under where the bowl sits? I just did last week between some chocolate chips. It was comparable to RSO they sell here in IL, in terms of effects and taste.
ohhh interesting. I've always done my quick soak and put in in with the "wonder what I'll do with that liquid later" jar. I love me some RSO so I will have to try this tonight.

ChooChooCharlie

A while back someone said keeping an ice cold drink in the glass help cool the vapor coming up the stem. Do you agree? Can you tell the difference in vapor temperature when there's no drinkware attached?
Yes, I also read accounts of added cooling, but I've tried and don't notice any difference. There's an air gap between stem and cup, and air is an insulator. Would really need direct stem-to-cup contact for any meaningful heat flow from hot stem to cool acrylic cup. But I don't deny a placebo effect via conflated sensation of feeling the cold cup and drinking cold contents

I use it cupless. Better ergonomics for me, easier to hold, can tip back for no-drool long duration draws. And, I charge after nearly every pot using 15 min timer switch. Easier to attach usb cable without removing and replacing cup every time

I featured the cup in that picture because I liked the play on words. And, the rent is so damn high here, trying to get my money's worth using the bay view as background for vape glamour shots

west-elec

Yes, I also read accounts of added cooling, but I've tried and don't notice any difference. There's an air gap between stem and cup, and air is an insulator. Would really need direct stem-to-cup contact for any meaningful heat flow from hot stem to cool acrylic cup. But I don't deny a placebo effect via conflated sensation of feeling the cold cup and drinking cold contents

I use it cupless. Better ergonomics for me, easier to hold, can tip back for no-drool long duration draws. And, I charge after nearly every pot using 15 min timer switch. Easier to attach usb cable without removing and replacing cup every time

I featured the cup in that picture because I liked the play on words. And, the rent is so damn high here, trying to get my money's worth using the bay view as background for vape glamour shots
Agreed, back to back draws no difference what-so-ever. However it might be fair to say that in between hits having an icy cupful will help get the stem and puck back to cool faster. So if you only take a hit as you take a sip, every few minutes, you should come back to a cool stem every time.
If you wanted to make it really happen just wrap a wet face wipe or tea towel around the cup and pack it in the gap, so conduction can draw away your heat.
Academic for me cause I'm with Charlie, best as a j hook, or giant pipe- held nearly horizontal. I find it one of the most comfortable vapes to hold, one handed in the V between thumb and forefinger, middle finger underneath- really glad I got the long stem for the pipe feel.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I did a test of the cooling properties where the large cup was filled with ice and water. The stem was noticeably cooler. I laid out the parameters in the link below. Learned 3 things....most important was that it took about 10 minutes before the stem got "cold".

EDIT: Not sure why the link below points to the correct post but displays the wrong post in-line here. Oh well.....

btka

I did read on the homepage of tafee bowle: "for herbs and loose leaf extracts" (https://tafee.com/)

what are they meaning with loose leaf extracts? rosin? and how would you use extracts (for example rosin) without herb or any other accessories?

btka,

Djsleepy

Ok so I took my many MV1 concentrate pads and cut and fitted into pot and did some live resin ... holy f**k! I can’t believe it hits this well at level 4 so tasty and smooth! Score again Tafee!

fyi- I left the screen in pot and put pad
On top to avoid a pull thru and doesn’t Change airflow. Enjoy!

fyi2 - I believe due to temp of level 4 it keeps it just at the right spot I say this based on four hits I had and put unit down cuz I was gonna pass out if I did one more; went outside took out trash came back in did one hit with no vapor and I’ll be damned if I didn’t get two more nice vapor hits right after. Amazing!

Last edited:

420_fitdad

Ok so I took my many MV1 concentrate pads and cut and fitted into pot and did some live resin ... holy f**k! I can’t believe it hits this well at level 4 so tasty and smooth! Score again Tafee!
looks like I know what I'm trying for a nightcap tonight :rofl:

How do you think one of those "stones" would do for this? I'm looking at my stone that came with my Elev8r and it's seemed kinda perfect for this after a trim.

Last edited:

NimChimpsky

Holy shit, that would make sense only if it was the stainless steel version... :uhoh:
Yea I'm gonna assume this is case before I pass judgment lol, but that still seems a little steep even for an SS version.. also, I find it a little weird they've had the accessories posted for a bit but not in stock and only list prices with no pics or details.. like why post anything at all until you're ready to sell it?

Edit: that being said, toking on my Bowle right now, been riding lvl 1&2 lately with a last hit on 3.. so damn tasty :drool:

Last edited:

staircase slight of hand

I take back my prior comment ... the price for a stem has now changed to $80!!!
And now it’s $70... whoever is updating their site needs to learn how to update in a test environment and then go live when actually ready. Still nothing in stock for the actual vape either, despite the fact that the listings claim they’re shipping 5/31. I really hope things are going alright behind the scenes.

Djsleepy

Ditched the MV 1 concentrate pad due to cutting/shaping loosened too much, but found the perfect fit ...the Firefly concentrate pad fits perfect when wedged slowly in using stir tool. It holds concentrates a lot better than first one I cut a little to fit. So surprised how well this baby works with badder, live resin and sugarz! No kid weekend I’m going to be on ☁️ 9 if anyone needs me! Have a great holiday!

cliffhanger1

i asked Tafee from which material the new separately to buy stems will be.
they gave me a very interesting answer that I don't want to withhold from you

They said they will be offering a mix of different options including: aluminum, stainless steel and aluminum, and fully machined stainless steel options in various sizes including Tall, Small and Stubby.

can someone explain me please the word "stubby" in other words ? i dont know what it mean. or does it mean a very short stem ?

Top Bottom