Tafée Bowle

Sn4Pz

So my package tracking still says its lost in the ether....

But I just got a full refund from Tafee?!?

Either Canada post sucks as much nutsack as I thought, to the point where they simply dont update their tracking.... Or Tafee is insanely generous.

Ill be following up once I figure out which happened... A very very nice surprise either way :)

Vitolo

Vaporist
Could vape a pot every 20 minutes
I vape one every 60, and stay pretty darned comfortable!
Only things shattered are my nerves
I hate that dreaded sound too. The sound always precedes the realization that I moved incorrectly.
As for the Glass Haters club
Besides not liking water filtration... I also have a distaste for keeping glassware.
Bubblers go unused for distaste for water filtration..... but they still find ways to jump off shelves, even
when I am across the room... Poltergeist style!
So my package tracking still says its lost in the ether....

But I just got a full refund from Tafee?!?
That means Tafée did the right thing.
One out of every few lost packages eventually do show up.
That could be the case with yours.
That would be fortunate!

Last edited:

dimmusp

I like the TB. I use mine frequently. I don’t have a problem with the battery, and I like the cup. But I think it’s not really aimed at the type of enthusiast who frequents this board, as evinced by the total befuddlement of so many members here. “Who wants a CUP on a vape? Why can’t I hook it up to a bong? The battery won’t support 50 bowls a day!” I’ve been using vaporizers for a couple years now I think, and I continue to be surprised at what crappy customer service people in this space are willing to accept in the name of “innovation.” The Tinymight, which I own and like, had abysmal customer service for a long time. Waits of over a month to get the device were common. Members bent over backwards to handwave CS which would have been completely unacceptable elsewhere. But “bitchin’ vape, dude” and you could run it through water. TM could have sold even more units if they’d planned for good CS from the get go. Now we act like they’re geniuses because they’ve got shipping down to a week. The product is not the entire business.
And this is the thing. We are not Tafees market. Tafee, I think, is trying to expand the market beyond hobbyists. Weed is slowly becoming legal in many places in the US. There’s an enormous potential market out there, and many of those people are just going to want something they can take a couple hits off in the evening. If there’s also a cold drink in it, all the better. It’s a weed koozie. They’re not going to get VAS, they’re not going to obsess over hooking up a bong and a whip. Rightly or wrongly, they associate that sort of thing with stoner hippies. That market is not as big as we think it is, and it’s already showing signs of saturation. I think Tafee is trying to become the Apple of vaporizers, a simple, easy to use device that gets people medicated without endless modding and dicking around with it. The things that many people here complain about with regards to the TB would be features, not bugs for the majority of people.
I'm with you on most of what you said, except for the overall theme of the TB being for regular people.

Only a hardcore hobbyist would spend €370 on a vaporizer! :o

badbee

Only a hardcore hobbyist would spend €370 on a vaporizer! :o
This, this is the main point. I'm concerned that the Taffee guys are disconnected from, and unrealistic about, the market they are serving and likely to fail. They have to appeal to the hobbyists first, not last. Otherwise they'll be pulling a Ghost...

I want one of these, but I wanted an MV1 too and didn't pull the trigger until it was on sale for full package at $115. I'll wait for now (are you listening Taffee, the only thing holding me back is price).

Vitolo

Vaporist
I'm concerned that the Taffee guys are disconnected from, and unrealistic about, the market they are serving and likely to fail.
I can not speak for the business concerns, but my discussions with Bruno indicate that in the end, they wish the TB to be looked to as a Medical Device, first and foremost.
I love the TB as do the patients that have gotten to try them or own them.
I use it daily, and have since day 1.
I sure hope that they experience only success!

thunderstealer1337

No. I should not, he asked why people loved it, and I shared my love for the vape. The post would still be valid without directly responding to him, as I would have done anyway.

Going backwards? what do you mean? you think this hurts the vape industry?
yes, please read his rant/blog/last post ever, this product does hurt the vape industry because buyers like this group right here support it (he explains why)

this is NOT my opinion, but his, but I do think this product r&d is very lacking and has taken a step backwards - I have nothing against this unit or the users that have one, and patiently wait for a 2.0 version, however Bud's viewpoint is not as nice as mine

and no he did not ask for peoples viewpoint, you copied his rant and commented on it, and I just asked you to realize what he is ranting over - and understand his entire post instead of trying to defend 1 of the units he called out.

thunderstealer1337,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I don't think @Vapefanatic is bud?!?is he?
:whoa:
no

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I'm still not clear on what "I do think this product r&d is very lacking and has taken a step backwards" means.

The only things I don't like are the price and the battery life. Are these what that statement is pointing at?

Vapefanatic

Interesting strategy. Send free units to the guy who just bashed your unit. I expect a totally different review after lol.

I actually like my TB tbh. I just don't like it as much as most. I think the polarity boils down to preference and relativity. Are you a microdoser or heavy hitter for instance? Do you come from a Dynavap, log vape, Pax, Solo, Mighty etc background? Or are you from the opposite spectrum of Flowerpots, Supreme, Herbos, E43, GS, Vapbong, Sticky Bricks etc?

Each of the category above can have very different opinions about TB. This is more so when there are most likely more categories i missed. So I've learned to disregard differing opinions and just find out for my own lol. I guess what i wanna say is chill, to everyone. Its all good lol

Vapefanatic

What are you referring to? The review on the vapewizard site is pretty positive in general.
My apologies then. I was made to understand that the reviewer said the product makes the industry go backwards or something like that. If anyone said that about my product or service, I'd feel it's pretty negative. I obviously don't know the guy and don't know much of what's going on. I'm gonna invoke my stoner defense lol. But seriously though, I'm sorry for assuming. I know, ass, u, me. Sorry lol

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I'm still not clear on what "I do think this product r&d is very lacking and has taken a step backwards" means.

The only things I don't like are the price and the battery life. Are these what that statement is pointing at?
Context can be so important sometimes. If you don't read the original posting from the other thread and track it forward to this thread, the reference to "r&d and backwards" isn't clear at all.

Took some detective work but now that all the puzzle pieces are together I feel like I can move on with my night.

cliffhanger1

maybe it interest someone
yesterday i cleaned one of my stems. I recently read here that you could put the iso bag in hot water and clean it even better, which makes sense to me. I did it yesterday and the silver coating on the aluminum stem became porous in some places and it dissolves when you touch it with your finger. (but when it dries the coating hardens again and does not come off when you touch it) I then "nibbled" off the coating on a small spot. photo follows the days. I had already started to notice when after the iso bath in the past (without hot water around it) I noticed when I rinsed it off with hot water that the coating was coming off. I don't think that's ideal and I would like the stem better if it were made directly from brushed aluminum so that it would be more resistant to cleaning. clearly more beautiful it looks the way it is. you can bypass the fact that you don't use any hot water. whether directly to rinse or indirectly if you don't put the iso bag there. even if it cleans more effectively with hot water. it doesn't really bother me that the coating is a bit off on one stem, because it's just a blemish. the function is important to me.
but i will no longer use hot water for my stems not directly and not indirectly

Vitolo

Vaporist
My Stem and associated parts have seen 99% and 91% Iso in very large amounts, and very regularly, until my recent discovery of some cleaning short-cuts.
My Iso Jars and ziplocks, with stems in them have been submerged in very hot water.
The jars have been submerged and left to soak in a 12 quart pot filled with boiling water.
Sorry you've experienced it.
I have cleaned stems for myself and other patients that received Tafée Bowles in same way, but never encountered this anomaly.

Kaptan

maybe it interest someone
yesterday i cleaned one of my stems. I recently read here that you could put the iso bag in hot water and clean it even better, which makes sense to me. I did it yesterday and the silver coating on the aluminum stem became porous in some places and it dissolves when you touch it with your finger. (but when it dries the coating hardens again and does not come off when you touch it) I then "nibbled" off the coating on a small spot. photo follows the days. I had already started to notice when after the iso bath in the past (without hot water around it) I noticed when I rinsed it off with hot water that the coating was coming off. I don't think that's ideal and I would like the stem better if it were made directly from brushed aluminum so that it would be more resistant to cleaning. clearly more beautiful it looks the way it is. you can bypass the fact that you don't use any hot water. whether directly to rinse or indirectly if you don't put the iso bag there. even if it cleans more effectively with hot water. it doesn't really bother me that the coating is a bit off on one stem, because it's just a blemish. the function is important to me.
Can you post a pic of what was damaged by ISO?

Top Bottom